PDA

View Full Version : fibre and gas

Jaymie
01-08-2010, 03:56 PM
hey all,

how many of you guys and girls are on a high fibre diet? and how many of you get GASSY as hell?

i, myself, take in a ton of fibre; lots of bananas, apples, beans, oats, almonds etc. and let me tell you, i let'em rip all day long!! i'd be embarrassed about it but i work construction with 8 other guys, so generally i could care less.

so how about everyone else?!

xFORGEDx
01-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Oh yes :) I love my own gas!, means I'm doing a good job on my diet haha.

dustinlima
01-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I am not sure exactly how much gas should be produced as a result of fermentation from the correct bacteria in your gut. I know that many people who take probiotics are relieved from gas, and many people who start antibiotics get some major gas... I would look to strengthening your intestinal flora and see what happens. Beside that, keep up the good work with the fiber, and if my worries are correct, I hope one day some good guys can enjoy your fiber too

Jaymie
01-08-2010, 06:15 PM
good stuff!! lets see if we can get any females to admit to this... lol!

ChecksandGiggles
01-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm at about 80g fiber a day on average, I fart like a caveman.

RedHatcc
01-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Fibre in latin spells gas.

FartLighter
01-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Try 3 fiber one bars in one sitting. Best/worst gas you've ever had.

ilove2run
01-08-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm at about 80g fiber a day on average, I fart like a caveman.

Im at 90-100g+ and i dont :D, use too.....but not anymore :)

Murderfox
01-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Im at 90-100g+ and i dont :D, use too.....but not anymore :)

same. probably just a matter of time before your body gets used to the high amounts.

ChecksandGiggles
01-08-2010, 08:35 PM
same. probably just a matter of time before your body gets used to the high amounts.

it's kinda weird though. When I went through a Fiber One cereal phase I was easily at 120+g a day, and the farts were not nearly as bad as they are now. I think it's also coupled with the fact that I'm simply eating more, and also consuming way more dairy.

Mockey
01-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Not actually sure how much fibre I'm getting a day but I know it's at least a decent amount since most things I eat seem to have anywhere from a little to alot. Either way I work on an assembly line and the guys hate me cause well...of the aforementioned problem. The one thing I noticed is that if I'm just sitting on my ass it rarely happens versus running around and working my butt off on the assembly line. I get around 4.5 to 5K calories a day so I'm sure that doesn't help either. I'm hoping in time that the flatulence phase passes before the guys at work beat me up :)

Lecter612
01-09-2010, 05:42 AM
When I started increasing my fiber intake, I experienced gas for a while. Now that I've maintained my higher intake for several months, I don't experience the gas problems anymore.

dustinlima
01-09-2010, 01:22 PM
When I started increasing my fiber intake, I experienced gas for a while. Now that I've maintained my higher intake for several months, I don't experience the gas problems anymore.It's things like this that reinforce my thinking that you guys with gas have evil colonies in your bowels (not you lecter, your bowels have changed over to good bacteria). All I can say is keep up the work and you should experience an intestinal makeover like lecter, or be preemptive and eat some healthy colonies (jarrow dophilus, kefir, yogurt, primal defense, kimchi)

Valjean
01-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Beano=Love.

watertoy
01-09-2010, 01:53 PM
I hardly fart now for some reason.

I eat 4 whole eggs, 3 wheat biscuits, 2 pieces of bread, 1 pear, mash potato, 22 almonds a day, and other stuff

almonds
milk, yoghurt,
wheat biscuit cereal
eggs
Beef,Pork, Chicken, Tuna
Pears
Slice cheese.