PDA

View Full Version : Undisputed Champs?

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Is Alabama undisputed as National Champions in your opinion?

Just wondering. Bound to come up.

The_Albatross
01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
are they the only undefeated team...no, so the answer is no.

Woogiefied
01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Inb4 "No because Texas didn't have McCoy!"

Ice-9
01-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Obviously not.
Boise went 14-0 and beat two top-10 teams in the process.

They're just as deserving of the accolades as Alabama is.

cheerupemokid
01-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Obviously not.

Yep.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Obviously not.

Alabama beat 8 ranked teams, including the 1st and 2nd ranked team at the end of the season.

I would enjoy a +1 system right about now, but Boise's resume doesn't seem as impressive as Bama's IMO.

I'm a Bama fan though, so I'm sure my opinion will easily be chalked up to bias. Just pointing it out though.

ESPforMe
01-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Undisputed? No

21Classic
01-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Im not a fan of either team so im totally unbiased

but Texas wouldve won with Colt and Boise got stuck in the fiesta bowl vs TCU

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:12 PM

Colt was out because Bama was the most physical team in the nation, so if you blame Texas' loss on Colt McCoy's absence, you have to accept that Alabama is the reason for that absence and therefore the reason Alabama won.

jkeithc82
01-08-2010, 12:16 PM

And had Ingram not come out of the game in the 3rd Bama would have put up another TD or two right? See what I did there?

Would Oklahoma have beaten Texas earlier in the season if Sam Bradford didn't get injured in that game? If so then Texas wouldn't have even played in last night's game.

cheerupemokid
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Colt was out because Bama was the most physical team in the nation, so if you blame Texas' loss on Colt McCoy's absence, you have to accept that Alabama is the reason for that absence and therefore the reason Alabama won.

He was out because of a fluke injury. It's not like he was wore down, he hit his shoulder wrong running into a defender on his first offensive series.

Also, the purpose of football is not to hurt your opponents, so they cannot play. Pretty sure "head hunting" would be a violation of NCAA regulations. So I'm baffled as to why someone would point to a player being knocked out of a game as a source of pride for the opposing team.

thefullmonte

painfully flawed logic

pro11skj
And had Ingram not come out of the game in the 3rd Bama would have put up another TD or two right? See what I did there?

Would Oklahoma have beaten Texas earlier in the season if Sam Bradford didn't get injured in that game? If so then Texas wouldn't have played in last night's game.

its okay, they made up for it by running up the score in a meaningless drive.

2.0Tsunami
01-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Obviously not.

serious? boise's soft schedule was soft....no comparison to beating the #1 and #2 teams...IIRC, bama beat 7 teams that later went on to a bowl game.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:21 PM
He was out because of a fluke injury. It's not like he was wore down, he hit his shoulder wrong running into a defender on his first offensive series.

defender ran into him. Colt was running away when he got hit.

Also, the purpose of football is not to hurt your opponents, so they cannot play. Pretty sure "head hunting" would be a violation of NCAA regulations. So I'm baffled as to why someone would point to a player being knocked out of a game as a source of pride for the opposing team.

because it was a 100% clean hit. Just had the impact enough to completely deaden Colt's arm.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable watching flag football instead. Or better yet powderpuff.

jkeithc82
its okay, they made up for it by running up the score in a meaningless drive.

I'll agree that Saban should have taken a knee on that last play but Texas could have, I don't know, stopped Bama maybe?

Calhexas
painfully flawed logic

I would love an explanation as to why

jkeithc82
01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
x2.

I'm usually not a MWC supporter, but 14-0 is hard to deny. Shared title IMO, especially with Bamas relatively unimpressive win.

Was Boise's victory over TCU more impressive?

Messiahtype
01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
yes, because they don't use Jap plays

cuz Jap plays are for homos

This.

Real football > playground football.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I'll agree that Saban should have taken a knee on that last play but Texas could have, I don't know, stopped Bama maybe?

lol @ everyone forgetting that Texas is supposed to play defense the entire game

Texas had their chance, Saban gave it to them, they failed

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:23 PM

was perhaps the most boring game of the bowl season.

only good thing that came out of it was it essentially scared BCO2 off...possibly forever

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Would've could've should've..... They didn't.

If the refs WOULD'VE not put 1 more second on the clock Texas would'nt have even been in the title game.

Tyler44
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
are they the only undefeated team...no, so the answer is no.

This is the logical answer.

The BCS system is severly flawed, without playoffs I can never crown some one undisputed champs when their are other undefeated teams who werent even allowed to play for it.

pro11skj
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM

oh yah definitely. They had the nations best run defense before that game. And ingram and richardson ran it straight down their throats. Both with 2 tds and 100+yards each.

209vaughn
01-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Obviously not.

Boise State plays in a sh!tty conference. They do not have enough credible wins to be taken seriously.

Put Boise State in the SEC and let's see if they can come out 13-0. Ya fukin right.

cheerupemokid
01-08-2010, 12:29 PM
defender ran into him. Colt was running away when he got hit.

because it was a 100% clean hit. Just had the impact enough to completely deaden Colt's arm.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable watching flag football instead. Or better yet powderpuff.

I've taken ****s way more vicious looking than that hit. The fact that McCoy got hurt on the play was a fluke.

And it's moot since the point of the game of football is not to weaken your competition by hurting their best players.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:34 PM
I've taken ****s way more vicious looking than that hit. The fact that McCoy got hurt on the play was a fluke.

vicious LOOKING

fluke or no fluke, his shoulder got smashed and his arm went dead because Dareus is a big, strong muthafukka

And it's moot since the point of the game of football is not to weaken your competition by hurting their best players.

The point of football (as with all sports really) is to win the game. Bama did that...cleanly I might add. It's not Bama's responsibility to make sure Texas is durable enough to hang with them.

thefullmonte
01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Would've could've should've..... They didn't.

If the refs WOULD'VE not put 1 more second on the clock Texas would'nt have even been in the title game.

and then we would have gotten to watch Alabama smoke TCU!!!

gjohnson5
01-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Obviously not.

When Boise goes 14-0 in the SEC then I'll agree

JuicintheJuice

Horrendous logic.

Calhexas
and then we would have gotten to watch Alabama smoke Cinci!!!

fixed

dogyo
01-08-2010, 12:38 PM
21Classic, cheerupemokid, Ice-9, MacMan07, pro11skj, The_Albatross, Tyler44

Hi hatersssssssssssssssssss

thefullmonte
01-08-2010, 12:39 PM
fixed

Using our magical transitive properties that game would have been eleventy billion to zero

dogyo
When Boise goes 14-0 in the SEC then I'll agree

or when Boise can beat an SEC team, I'll agree

Ice-9

That is the root of the problem.
There are two major schools who are undefeated to finish the season. Both beat a couple of very solid teams. To have to split hairs, and and base the NC on who's schedule was "more impressive" or who's wins were "more impressive" is ridiculous. Right now, no reasonable person would be able to say, without a doubt, that Boise wouldn't be able to beat Alabama.

Horrible system is horrible.

21Classic, cheerupemokid, Ice-9, MacMan07, pro11skj, The_Albatross, Tyler44

Hi hatersssssssssssssssssss

Sup homer, learn to read.
As is the case every year, people are criticizing the flawed system, not the team directly benefiting from it.

Calhexas
Horrendous logic.

explain flaw

Colt McCoy was Texas' gameplan
Alabama knocked off Colt McCoy and thus took Texas' gameplan away

Alabama created their own opportunity in the game, and Alabama won

sorry man...that's the way it is

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Using our magical transitive properties that game would have been eleventy billion to six

fixed brah

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:41 PM
That is the root of the problem.
There are two major schools who are undefeated to finish the season. Both beat a couple of very solid teams. To have to split hairs, and and base the NC on who's schedule was "more impressive" or who's wins were "more impressive" is ridiculous. Right now, no reasonable person would be able to say, without a doubt, that Boise wouldn't be able to beat Alabama.

Horrible system is horrible.

Boise against top 30 teams: 2-0
Alabama against top 30 teams: 8-0 (two of those were top 2 teams)

who's resume is more impressive?

thefullmonte
01-08-2010, 12:42 PM
fixed brah

I swear to gawd I could agree with everything you say and you'd still argue about it

Gorilla99
01-08-2010, 12:42 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/cfn-bcs-analysis-010810

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:43 PM
I swear to gawd I could agree with everything you say and you'd still argue about it

lol why you mad though?

dogyo
01-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Sup homer, learn to read.
As is the case every year, people are criticizing the flawed system, not the team directly benefiting from it.

hi homo, learn to read.

boise has scheduled SEC teams before...only to get shiit on, Arkansas & Georgia.

gtfo

Freudenfahrer
01-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Yes, Alabama is the national champ. They very well could have lost if Colt was in the game, but since he wasn't, they're the champs.

Ice-9
01-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Boise against top 30 teams: 2-0
Alabama against top 30 teams: 8-0 (two of those were top 2 teams)

who's resume is more impressive?

Again, as I said above, splitting hairs to defend the decision rendered by a horrible system.
Until it is fixed, there is literally no solid basis for saying any one undefeated team is or should be ranked higher than another at the end of the season.

dogyo
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Again, as I said above, splitting hairs to defend the decision rendered by a horrible system.
Until it is fixed, there is literally no solid basis for saying any one undefeated team is or should be ranked higher than another at the end of the season.

that was your 1,000th post...you failed. you only get one 1,000th post. and you wasted yours on that. son i'm disappoint

wesbender
01-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm a BSU fan....but.....there's no way in hell they're the undisputed champs. Until they actually win the national championship, they're not champions of anything except the fiesta bowl.

I honestly think they could've competed with this Alabama team and made a game of it, but they didn't get the chance to, so what can you do. They're not the champs and that's all there is to it.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:48 PM

So I guess Bama should just share the NC since they accomplished "the same thing" as Boise State despite having an exponentially tougher schedule?

btw you do realize a Boise State player got on nation tv and denied being the best team in the nation right?

that was your 1,000th post...you failed. you only get one 1,000th post. and you wasted yours on that. son i'm disappoint

lol

aspire210
01-08-2010, 12:49 PM

Would Oklahoma have beaten Texas earlier in the season if Sam Bradford didn't get injured in that game? If so then Texas wouldn't have even played in last night's game.

this is probably the best post in here. in a MUCH closer game of 16-13, last years hiesman winner could have pulled out a win and texas wouldn't even have been a factor. AGAIN. If texas fans want to bitch about McCoy being out, then they need to look at Bradford being out. Texas didn't win by 3 scores after pulling some major offensive players. Saban could have stepped on their throat but didnt until the end. Even then, what can you say to your players "don't score"? If mack brown had called a time out they could have gotten the ball back if Bama took 3 knees. I think it was classless, but no reason to risk losing if brown calls a time out and kicks another kick off straight at a player. Seems pointless to rep a mod, but he posed a great question to the sore losers.

Ice-9
01-08-2010, 12:49 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GSBoGQa_9BE/SbbAQViRgWI/AAAAAAAAC-Q/KyLFamjNNAc/s400/troll3.jpg

The SEC troll has spoken. Time for me to go an hero.

NYY
01-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Since Boise State is undefeated(even if their schedule is lax compared to Bama)and hasn't played Bama, The Crimson Tide aren't the undisputed champs.

Ice-9
01-08-2010, 12:51 PM
So I guess Bama should just share the NC since they accomplished "the same thing" as Boise State despite having an exponentially tougher schedule?

Yep
Maybe that would encourage they and other schools to push for a change in the horrible system used today.

Since Boise State is undefeated(even if their schdule is lax compared to Bama)and hasn't played Bama, The Crimson Tide aren't the undisputed champs.

ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Since Boise State is undefeated(even if their schedule is lax compared to Bama)and hasn't played Bama, The Crimson Tide aren't the undisputed champs.

Boise's "dispute" is negligible and some of Boise's players don't even think they deserve it

Yep
Maybe that would encourage they and other schools to push for a change in the horrible system used today.

+1 system could be beneficial here and an easy fix IMO...but a playoff system?

long time before that **** happens

aspire210
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Yep

ding ding ding, we have a winner!

did anyone actually WATCH the fiesta bowl? Both teams looked sloppy. BSU looked sloppy in its only 2 big games this year. ALso, a week ago, everyone was convinced that TCU would destroy anyone in the nation, not everyone jumped bandwagons. Haters gonna hate.

inb4 "bama looked bad at first too", well bama put up over 30pts on the "best defense in college" and last I checked McCoy didn't play linebacker as well.

BobDaNob
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM

Isn't that what the internet is all about? :)

NYY
01-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Boise's "dispute" is negligible and some of Boise's players don't even think they deserve it

I know, but since they're the only other undefeated team in the nation there is a bit of dispute.

aspire210
01-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I know, but since they're the only other undefeated team in the nation there is a bit of dispute.

lulz hey there might be an undefeated DII or DIII school out there, maybe even a middle school or two, better cut them in on the pie too.

Ice-9
01-08-2010, 01:10 PM
did anyone actually WATCH the fiesta bowl? Both teams looked sloppy. BSU looked sloppy in its only 2 big games this year. ALso, a week ago, everyone was convinced that TCU would destroy anyone in the nation, not everyone jumped bandwagons. Haters gonna hate.

Again, someone splitting hairs over which undefeated team did so more impressively or won their games in a more convincing fashion.

Here's the bottom line: more than 1 undefeated team at the end of the season = failed system = no undisputed national champion

lulz hey there might be an undefeated DII or DIII school out there, maybe even a middle school or two, better cut them in on the pie too.

Did those middle school teams beat two D1 conference champions this season?

Strong retard

NYY
01-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Missed my point completely.

I'm not saying that BSU deserves a share of the title, it's that you technically can't say that Alabama is the undisputed champ, when there is another team that also has a perfect record.

Alabama is the outright champion(and deservedly so) they're just not the undisputed champion cause of the ineptitude of the BCS system.

Also, your poor attempt at a witty comment is laughable at best.

aspire210
01-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Missed my point completely.

I'm not saying that BSU deserves a share of the title, it's that you technically can't say that Alabama is the undisputed champ, when there is another team that also has a perfect record.

Alabama is the outright champion(and deservedly so) there just not the undisputed champion cause of the ineptitude of the BCS system.

Also, your poor attempt at a witty comment is laughable at best.

quick edit. lulz.

You also entirely missed my point. Bama played real competition, just because someone is undefeated doesn't mean they are good if they played no one of note. Neither TCU nor BSU was going into that game beating anyone of note. If one team totally dominated the other, then it would be note worthy, but they didn't.

TCU beat clemson, virgina, byu and utah. All decent teams, but nothing amazing.
BSU beat oregon and tcu. Again, oregon was decent, and tcu might even be considered "good" (though they totally did not show up), but you can't say they are on par with texas, UF, whom Bama dominated.

My point was simply, just beating teams doesn't make you good. Beating good teams makes you good.

NYY
01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
quick edit. lulz.

You also entirely missed my point. Bama played real competition, just because someone is undefeated doesn't mean they are good if they played no one of note. Neither TCU nor BSU was going into that game beating anyone of note. If one team totally dominated the other, then it would be note worthy, but they didn't.

TCU beat clemson, virgina, byu and utah. All decent teams, but nothing amazing.
BSU beat oregon and tcu. Again, oregon was decent, and tcu might even be considered "good" (though they totally did not show up), but you can't say they are on par with texas, UF, whom Bama dominated.

My point was simply, just beating teams doesn't make you good. Beating good teams makes you good.

Tell me where I didn't say Bama's schedule was harder......Oh wait, I actually said the same thing as you.

Revolver45
01-08-2010, 01:54 PM
With so many undefeated teams this season the BCS Championship seems pretty anti-climatic.

astarr22
01-08-2010, 01:56 PM
There has never been an undisputed champ in college football history (FBS).

BalloonKnot
01-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Bama won and the Big East officials were very good calling that game.

It would have been a better game had McCoy been able to play all game at 100%.

NFL playoffs this weekend will be great and then I will get depressed after the Super Bowl. MLB is boring if you team is from a small market and/or does not have a S ton of $. (A's fan...grew up on the SF Bay Area)

Grind4Mine
01-08-2010, 03:30 PM
After watching last nights game, and the TCU Boise State game I think Boise was the best looking team in the nation for sure, neither team last night really impressed me, pretty ****ty coaching all around, Texas wideouts choked all night, Nick Saban tried to hand Texas the game with that first fake punt-pass on their own 20

jkeithc82
01-08-2010, 03:37 PM
After watching last nights game, and the TCU Boise State game I think Boise was the best looking team in the nation for sure, neither team last night really impressed me,

How did Boise impress you more than Bama?

Grind4Mine
01-08-2010, 03:46 PM
How did Boise impress you more than Bama?

I just thought Boise looked sharper all around, what they give up in speed they make up in coaching. Alabama is the champs don't get me wrong, and deservedly so but I think Boise would beat anyone, but thats water under the bridge at this point

EDIT: if you're a Bama fan im just kidding, they actually looked awesome and would smash anyone, and the SEC is the toughest conference, etc etc.

DA_MOSS
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
With so many undefeated teams this season the BCS Championship seems pretty anti-climatic.

so many?? 2

BrettT07
01-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Some of you may not agree with the system, but the system is all we have for now.

In the actual nc game that consisted of 2 unbeatens, one won. Therefore this team is the national champ.

Would have been the same if Texas had won.

jkeithc82
01-08-2010, 04:53 PM
EDIT: if you're a Bama fan im just kidding, they actually looked awesome and would smash anyone, and the SEC is the toughest conference, etc etc.

I'm out of reps for today just to let you know.

Idontlikeit
01-08-2010, 04:59 PM
This poll just means there are more bama fan on this forum (no negs)

GermanBB
01-08-2010, 05:26 PM
The BCS system needs to be changed [I want to Utah get a chance after last year's Sugar Bowl], but this year Alabama was the best team out there. They didn't play their best last night, but anyone that saw the Florida game knows they're number 1 this year. Proud to be from Alabama and be an Alabama fan. Roll Tide Roll!!!

imperialfool
01-08-2010, 05:35 PM
alabama is lucky to even have a win last night.

Without the lucky interception/fumble the score is 21-24 all without colt mccoy, which is like substituting jake delhomme for phillip rivers. go ahead and brag about your win, but no matter what the entire world knows there's an invisible asterisk next to the win as the game they only won because the other team used the equivalent of an all-star high school senior.

alabama's win would be like the saints beating the colts in the superbowl using their backup quarterback instead of peyton manning. real impressive.

I'm an OSU fan hoping texas would lose, but not like that, and it is pointless to brag about a game that they didn't deserve to win.

ps-under the current system boise doesn't deserve any type of co-champion recognition, tough luck.

charity4thepoor
01-08-2010, 05:37 PM
all season people said boise was overrated etc and then they beat tcu. so that makes them deserving?

jkeithc82
01-08-2010, 05:40 PM
alabama is lucky to even have a win last night.

Without the lucky interception/fumble the score is 21-24 all without colt mccoy, which is like substituting jake delhomme for phillip rivers. go ahead and brag about your win, but no matter what the entire world knows there's an invisible asterisk next to the win as the game they only won because the other team used the equivalent of an all-star high school senior.

alabama's win would be like the saints beating the colts in the superbowl using their backup quarterback instead of peyton manning. real impressive.

I'm an OSU fan hoping texas would lose, but not like that, and it is pointless to brag about a game that they didn't deserve to win.

ps-under the current system boise doesn't deserve any type of co-champion recognition, tough luck.

I've argued about this all day so I'm not going to keep continuing, but your take is pure lulz. Lucky to get a win? The lucky interception/fumble? Did Bama just not have a chance in hell to win this game if Colt didn't get hurt?

Again even with Colt out why didn't the #1 ranked run defense have an answer for Ingram/Richardson?

TexasHeat
01-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Alabama could have been the undisputed champs if they could have beaten Texas with McCoy, but now we will never know who was the best team.

Enjoy the taste of that bittersweet National Title in your mouth forever.

jkeithc82
01-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Alabama could have been the undisputed champs if they could have beaten Texas with McCoy, but now we will never know who was the best team.

Yeah I wonder who Bama would have played last night had Sam Bradford remained healthy in your game against Oklahoma earlier in the season. Remember you guys winning that game by only 3 points? I'm guessing Bama would have played TCU.

TexasHeat
01-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah I wonder who Bama would have played last night had Sam Bradford remained healthy your game against Oklahoma earlier in the season. Remember you guys winning that game by only 3 points? I'm guessing Bama would have played TCU.

Texas has a history of beating OU with Bradford as their QB. /Discussion

imperialfool
01-08-2010, 05:53 PM
I've argued about this all day so I'm not going to keep continuing, but your take is pure lulz. Lucky to get a win?

With how they played last night, yes.

The lucky interception/fumble?

The true freshman is about the only person that is going to make both mistakes (int before half). Quite obvious how lucky that INT for a TD was. Fumble less lucky, but still obviously wasn't expected.

Did Bama just not have a chance in hell to win this game if Colt didn't get hurt?

With how they played last night, not really. They almost lost to a freshman QB (without that fumble, texas had a serious chance). Colt McCoy is a stud soon to be NFL QB that runs that offense.

Alabama was 1 play away(that fumble) from losing to high school senior. True story.

Again even with Colt out why didn't the #1 ranked run defense have an answer for Ingram/Richardson?

3 TD's is pretty much an answer. Those 2 backs are the best in the country and no one was going to stop them. 21/24 points for alabama is actually pretty great, the difference maker was that with the opportunities texas had, with colt mccoy they would've scored way more the 21 they did.

dogyo
01-08-2010, 05:56 PM
21Classic, astarr22, BPP, cheerupemokid, Deez Nutz, DRockPick6, emass88, Ice-9, Kevintensity, MacMan07, Mafiafolife77, manletman, mugeneg6, NYY, papi93, pro11skj, Revolver45, sellihca, SUPES130, TexasHeat, The_Albatross, TimDF, trek_6k, Tyler44, Z06

hi haters

PatrickBateman1
01-08-2010, 06:06 PM
ROFL @ people even considering a team who plays D2 level teams for most of the year a possible national champion, what a joke.

I'd love to see Boise play legit football teams for 8 weeks straight and then maybe throw in a sh*tty WAC opponent here and there... guess what... it's a bit different when you have to worry about a team actually beating you every week. You can't start looking 8 weeks ahead when you have to play Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, etc every other week instead of Idaho, San Jose State, and Utah State.

People give Bama and Florida sh*t for playing soft teams like 2 games out of the year, then they turn right around and say a program that plays soft teams 9-10 games out of the year deserves the championship? ROFL

Give me a f*cking break.

PatrickBateman1
01-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I've argued about this all day so I'm not going to keep continuing, but your take is pure lulz. Lucky to get a win? The lucky interception/fumble? Did Bama just not have a chance in hell to win this game if Colt didn't get hurt?

I'd like to add to this, why didn't the #1 ranked run defense have an answer for Ingram/Richardson even when they knew every single play was going to be a run?

cheerupemokid
01-08-2010, 06:20 PM
ROFL @ people even considering a team who plays D2 level teams for most of the year a possible national champion, what a joke.

I'd love to see Boise play legit football teams for 8 weeks straight and then maybe throw in a sh*tty WAC opponent here and there... guess what... it's a bit different when you have to worry about a team actually beating you every week. You can't start looking 8 weeks ahead when you have to play Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, etc every other week instead of Idaho, San Jose State, and Utah State.

People give Bama and Florida sh*t for playing soft teams like 2 games out of the year, then they turn right around and say a program that plays soft teams 9-10 games out of the year deserves the championship? ROFL

Give me a f*cking break.

Boise beat the Pac 10 Champs. Big 10 homers were cumming their pants over that accomplishment because it meant they were "back."

Boise has attempted to schedule tougher opponents but unsurprisingly, the "tougher" opponents don't want to play them. Go figure.

They won all of the games on its schedule and its bowl game. Given its history, and especially considering that Alabama nearly blew the NC game (only up by 3 and Texas had the boll at the end of the 4th) against a true freshman QB in his first college start, no one can definitively say that Boise would have no chance, and have any credibility.

The fact is we'll never know because of the bull**** system.

I'd like to add to this, why didn't the #1 ranked run defense have an answer for Ingram/Richardson even when they knew every single play was going to be a run?

The Colt McCoyless offense leading the team to quick and three and outs and putting the D in ****ty field position probably didn't help matters.

TheDude1987
01-08-2010, 06:35 PM

They didn't contain the Alabama's run game but do you guys honestly think having a true freshman QB didn't matter? 200 yards rushing doesn't = win. If Colt was in and could put up some points, they could have forced Alabama to throw a little more, and Texas was dominating in that area early in the game.

I'm not going to take anything away from Alabama. They're the champs and they deserve it. The only thing you can do is win the games in front of you and they did.

But I'm not convinced that they're better than Texas with McCoy. I think it would have been one hell of a game if he didn't go out in the first series. It's just a really deflating end to what could have been a pretty great year in college football.

(and I voted yes in the poll because Boise played a joke schedule and I don't think they would do anything against Alabama, Florida, or Texas.

dogyo
01-08-2010, 06:43 PM
They didn't contain the Alabama's run game but do you guys honestly think having a true freshman QB didn't matter? 200 yards rushing doesn't = win. If Colt was in and could put up some points, they could have forced Alabama to throw a little more, and Texas was dominating in that area early in the game.

I'm not going to take anything away from Alabama. They're the champs and they deserve it. The only thing you can do is win the games in front of you and they did.

But I'm not convinced that they're better than Texas with McCoy. I think it would have been one hell of a game if he didn't go out in the first series. It's just a really deflating end to what could have been a pretty great year in college football.

(and I voted yes in the poll because Boise played a joke schedule and I don't think they would do anything against Alabama, Florida, or Texas.

yeah, 6 points off of turnovers........DOMINATING!

TheDude1987
01-08-2010, 09:33 PM
yeah, 6 points off of turnovers........DOMINATING!

I can see how you would get confused. I thought it was quite clear I was referring to Texas' defense against Alabama's passing offense. Didn't they have like 5 sacks in 8 pass attempts or something? That's dominating. 6/11, 58 yards, 5.3 average.

StanDarsh
01-08-2010, 10:21 PM
How can you fault Boise State because of their schedule. They did everything they were asked to do and beat everyone they played, so to say Alabama is more deserving is silly. Both teams are 14-0, so as far as undisputed champ, I gotta say no.

Edit: And for anyone attacking Boise States' strength of schedule, there was a thing on ESPN awhile back about how Boise State had been trying to get games against top schools (USC, Alabama, etc), but the teams refused their proposal. They don't want to play against a non-conference opponent who might bring it to them.

BrettT07
01-08-2010, 10:42 PM
How can you fault Boise State because of their schedule. They did everything they were asked to do and beat everyone they played, so to say Alabama is more deserving is silly. Both teams are 14-0, so as far as undisputed champ, I gotta say no.

Edit: And for anyone attacking Boise States' strength of schedule, there was a thing on ESPN awhile back about how Boise State had been trying to get games against top schools (USC, Alabama, etc), but the teams refused their proposal. They don't want to play against a non-conference opponent who might bring it to them.

Our schedules are set for several years, and we have enough hard teams set up. Why add Boise?

Brb playing in the perceived hardest (or second hardest for some) conference plus playing Penn State and still being criticized for being a coward

Mafiafolife77
01-08-2010, 10:43 PM

Not only that, but they beat a team widely believed by many to be the rightful NC opponent for Alabama, given they had a more impressive wins against quality opponents than UT (and were undefeated).

Naw, the problem is that top schools don't want to play Boise AT HOME. Too much to lose on top of the fact that their record at home is pretty damn intimidating.

DoubtErased
01-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Our schedules are set for several years, and we have enough hard teams set up. Why add Boise?

Brb playing in the perceived hardest (or second hardest for some) conference plus playing Penn State and still being criticized for being a coward

Who said anything about Bama? Plus schedules can be changed already been proven

But yes cheerupemokid is right, Boise State beat Oregon then the Big 10 Homers jump all over OSU nuts again for beating the same team then turn around say Boise State is soft?

Kudos to Bama winning the Championship, are they undisputed? Who the **** cares at the end of they day they still won the NC game.

TexasHeat
01-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Let me finish this thread guys. Alabama fans KNOW they aren't undisputed champs. If they did, this thread would never exist.. they are trying to convince themselves it was a legit title.

Mafiafolife77
01-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Let me finish this thread guys. Alabama fans KNOW they are undisputed. If they did, this thread would never exist.. they are trying to convince themselves it was a legit title.

i think you mean disputed.

and i agree.

Fastforward7
01-08-2010, 10:59 PM

Give me a f*cking break.

facepalm.jpg

Seriously man, is your reading comprehension that bad that you can't understand what people are saying here? Jesus Christ...

BrettT07
01-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Who said anything about Bama? Plus schedules can be changed already been proven

But yes cheerupemokid is right, Boise State beat Oregon then the Big 10 Homers jump all over OSU nuts again for beating the same team then turn around say Boise State is soft?

Kudos to Bama winning the Championship, are they undisputed? Who the **** cares at the end of they day they still won the NC game.

The person I quoted included bama in the schools that denied boise's request

and changing schedules is not the problem. There's just no reason for us to do that. We have a tough ooc game every year, which should suffice as long as the sec is considered strong.

Mass Pro
01-08-2010, 11:09 PM

Brb forgetting that the x-rays where NEGATIVE on any real injury to McCoy. He could have came back in the game (not sure if any other QB would have even left the game in the first place). It's the national championship game and you take yourself out after one hit?

Brb, forgetting that the #1 ranked rush defense gives up 100+ yards to TWO different running backs.

Oh, and Brb, forgetting that our QB played the whole game with 2 broken ribs.

BrettT07
01-08-2010, 11:11 PM
As for this thread, it is a legit title. We all know the rules. You play in the national championship game and win, then you're the national champion. The system may not be perfect, but it's what we have. We did what we needed to succeed under these rules, why should we be punished for it?

Mafiafolife77
01-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Brb forgetting that the x-rays where NEGATIVE on any real injury to McCoy. He could have came back in the game (not sure if any other QB would have even left the game in the first place). It's the national championship game and you take yourself out after one hit?

Brb, forgetting that the #1 ranked rush defense gives up 100+ yards to TWO different running backs.

Oh, and Brb, forgetting that our QB played the whole game with 2 broken ribs.

so because the x-ray came back negative, it automatically means he's able to go out and play? The injury was to his throwing arm. Last time I checked, if you can't feel you're throwing arm, it might be a slight problem for someone whose job is to.....throw the football. Gee what a concept. Did you even see him try and throw a ball?

brb forgetting that the only reason UT was given a chance in the first place was because of the scheme of their offense led by McCoy.

oh and brb comparing cracked ribs on a quarterback to not being able to throw a ball 7 yards because of a throwing arm injury.

BrawnySwoleman
01-08-2010, 11:15 PM
As for this thread, it is a legit title. We all know the rules. You play in the national championship game and win, then you're the national champion. The system may not be perfect, but it's what we have. We did what we needed to succeed under these rules, why should we be punished for it?

Boise State is asking the same question.

kethnaab
01-09-2010, 12:51 AM
silliness here.

I like Boise State, but Alabama didn't just beat Florida and Texas, they DOMINATED them

Calhexas
01-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Let me finish this thread guys. Alabama fans KNOW they aren't undisputed champs. If they did, this thread would never exist.. they are trying to convince themselves it was a legit title.

jesus christ not this **** again

Bama legitimately beat Texas...that's not in question

What's in question is if Boise deserves a share of the title. Texas is not a part of the equation.

So kindly...gtfo.

TexasHeat
01-09-2010, 12:56 AM
silliness here.

I like Boise State, but Alabama didn't just beat Florida and Texas, they DOMINATED them

Being up 3 with 3 minutes to go while playing against a High school senior is dominating someone?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/rcbaker87/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

TexasHeat
01-09-2010, 12:57 AM

Bama legitimately beat Texas...that's not in question

What's in question is if Boise deserves a share of the title. Texas is not a part of the equation.

So kindly...gtfo.

I'm glad you agree that Alabama is not the undisputed champs. /thread

Fastforward7
01-09-2010, 12:59 AM
silliness here.

My gut says you're kidding but I'm honestly not sure. Dominated Texas? Really?

Mafiafolife77
01-09-2010, 01:10 AM

Bama legitimately beat Texas...that's not in question.

and Utah legitimately beat Bama last season. Yet you still felt the need to discredit the win by giving excuses.

PatrickBateman1
01-09-2010, 01:49 AM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/PatrickBateman1/roflbot9vsn.jpg

Mafiafolife77
01-09-2010, 01:52 AM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/PatrickBateman1/roflbot9vsn.jpg

he can toss a pigskin a quarter mile i heard.

kethnaab
01-09-2010, 01:52 AM
ok, not dominated Texas, but dominated Florida. They beat Texas handily. How's that?

the bottom line is that Alabama beat a much harder schedule than Boise State.

My wife graduated from Boise State, and I had to explain to her why they didn't get the title.

Alabama beat 5 teams that ended up in the to 20, and, what, 8 or 9 of the teams they faced played in Bowls?

Florida - 1
Texas - 2
VTech - 10
LSU - 17
Mississippi - 20

Boise State beat 2 ranked teams, Oregon and TCU.

I WOULD like to see a showdown. If 2 teams like that end up undefeated, let 'em play another game!

aspire210
01-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Being up 3 with 3 minutes to go while playing against a High school senior is dominating someone?

Not Bamas fault colt mccoy's yeast infection flared up.

Uncontested
01-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Alabama beat 8 ranked teams, including the 1st and 2nd ranked team at the end of the season.

This.

/thread.