PDA

View Full Version : Sports/positions you regret not playing in high school

jump_man23
01-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I think I have had tried out for qb my freshman year I would have had a legit shot at a scholly come senior year.

My freshman year I was 6'0 about 170 and could throw the ball 55(I know a lot more goes into being a good qb) yards. Even as high school progressed I always found during film I could analyze and break down defense a lot better than most other players. My buddy who ended playing qb during my years now starts at a school in socal so that makes me feel a little better

Obviously its hard to say what could have happened blah blah blah but I never had the speed or hands to be an elite reciever.

I also wish I had played bball. From the time I was 5 to 8th grade my dad always pushed basketball onto me to the point where I hated It(dad played overseas and wanted me to go to nba and follow his dream). He would literally force me to play everyday him and he would always beat me (obviously) it got to the point where I hated playing the game altogether. Looking back I was actually pretty good

quietstormx1
01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
if i didnt grow up in a town where the coachs son was the pitcher/quarterback/point guard (and was horrendous at all 3), I would've like to be QB.

good arm growing up. if i couldve developed it, i couldve been decent in highschool.

ezmac31
01-08-2010, 10:20 AM
always regrett quitting basketball after 10th grade...at the time i wanted a break bw football and baseball season and i thought it was more fun to go to the games hammered at the time...wouldve definately started jr and senior year too...oh well

cor030
01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Football by far. I was always quick and had great balance/jumps. Could have probably played defensive back or maybe WR/RB.

I mainly just played baseball as my team sport and honestly wasn't that great at it. Never really got too interested in playing, was always fun though.

Main reason I never got into team sports was because of skateboarding. I skated pretty much all day every day for 4-5 years. Was pretty ****in good until I ****ed my knees up and that basically eliminated any shot I had at playing football/baseball anymore.

There are so many things I wish I would have done back then that I can't. Wish I would have started a strength training program early on instead of starting at 19 lol. Better late than never I suppose.

thegenerel
01-08-2010, 10:22 AM
I think I have had tried out for qb my freshman year I would have had a legit shot at a scholly come senior year.

My freshman year I was 6'0 about 170 and could throw the ball 55(I know a lot more goes into being a good qb) yards. Even as high school progressed I always found during film I could analyze and break down defense a lot better than most other players. My buddy who ended playing qb during my years now starts at a school in socal so that makes me feel a little better

Obviously its hard to say what could have happened blah blah blah but I never had the speed or hands to be an elite reciever.

I also wish I had played bball. From the time I was 5 to 8th grade my dad always pushed basketball onto me to the point where I hated It(dad played overseas and wanted me to go to nba and follow his dream). He would literally force me to play everyday him and he would always beat me (obviously) it got to the point where I hated playing the game altogether. Looking back I was actually pretty good

your bull**** is amusing

pantera02018
01-08-2010, 10:23 AM
football

the only sport i played in HS was wrestling.

but no huge loss i think. our football team went winless my junior year.

Back Double Biceps18
01-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Wide Receiver, basketball and rugby coaches wouldn't let me play football after my freshmen year because they were afraid I would get hurt, ****in sucks thinking back to it, probably could have if I really pushed for it. Also would have liked to play any of the linebacker positions or safety even

jump_man23
01-08-2010, 10:26 AM
your bull**** is amusing

I know a troll/mess around a lot but this thread is serious.

bignpisst
01-08-2010, 10:27 AM
fluffer

pittbleauxs
01-08-2010, 10:38 AM
running back. i was the captain of the track team and was fairly quick. we ran an option offense that utilized pulling guards. i started playing in junior high and was a solid blocker who understood assignments so i got stuck as an undersized pulling guard for the rest of my "career" because i could get out in front of the play quickly and stick blocks. i think i could have been a pretty good rb though.

caj
01-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Track

I wish I was better conditioned to run long distances.

LikeAMachine
01-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Running back.

I had the speed, I had the vision, just didn't have the bulk. I think I would have made a fine RB.

MA5Bergey
01-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Football. Always my favorite sport but when I was a kid my mom wouldn't let me play Pop Warner or any of it (she was afraid I would get hurt)... then I just never got around to playing it in school... One of my bigger regrets, especially because I'd be too small to play it now anyway (whereas in high school I would've fit right in).

I also wish I got to pitch more when I was playing baseball. First base was my main position and I was damned good at it, but I feel like I would've been a decent pitcher if I had more time to develop. I had the nastiest slider of anyone I knew.

IraHays
01-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I wanted to try out for QB, but my arm fell asleep that day.

21Classic
01-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I played LB but i was built more for safety

I played that position a few times, its funner because you really have your choice of what you do.

you can either move up to cover the slot, cover the reverse, help the CB cover the deep pass, blitz get some sacks, prob the funnest position defensively

LB is too serious, FS or SS would be fun.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Don't regret much because I had a good time in highschool. If anything I regret not wrestling and not telling coach to switch me from OT to DT(no such thing as a 6'2" OT in the FBS)

dogyo
01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Don't regret much because I had a good time in highschool. If anything I regret not wrestling and not telling coach to switch me from OT to DT(no such thing as a 6'2" OT in the FBS)

same here, except i wish i could've played DE instead of middle backer

Maverick417
01-08-2010, 11:43 AM
haha i regret playing to many

lettered in football(olb) wrestling(152) baseball(p/cf) and track(800)

wish i would of focused on wrestling and baseball instead of working my ass off to be mediocre at football, track is just running

ESPforMe
01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Should have transfered to another school. Was 'recruited' to other better football schools but was like 'nope i'll get this going here' and I was wrong lol

Should have stayed with track too. Oh well. Played in a band and had loads of fun

2.0Tsunami
01-08-2010, 11:58 AM
I wish I would have played as a TE

(007)
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Wish I played football....

EvanAlmighty
01-08-2010, 12:20 PM
football, always was a baseball kinda guy...but wouldnt have minded running into opposing players

and sucks my knee was injured for 2 years in hs, so couldnt really play sports

BrawnySwoleman
01-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Would have played football if I didn't weigh 100 lbs

For basketball, I just wasn't good enough (or tall enough)---I was 5'0 when I tried out as a freshman and 5'2 as a sophomore.

FryDude
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Basketball and baseball, I don't mean to toot my own horn but I feel I'm a rather good basketball player.

Cliffs:

Gr.9 tried out
Got cut
Would play ball regularly at b-ball courts
Would get picked last
Dedicated a whole summer to working on my shooting touch and dribbling
Hit growth spurt gr.10

Yes, I was just as good if not better than everyone on my high school ball team at that point. I just didn't try out, I was busy skipping and doing other stupid ****.

Also baseball, loved playing it as a child.

Davis_Ever
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I have no doubt if I played QB in high school i would have won 4 6A state championships and be in the NFL by now probably competing with Peyton or Philip Rivers for a starting job.(dead serious)

/stfu

brudman
01-08-2010, 01:19 PM
I should have ran track. When I was a freshman in high school I ran a 9.2 world record setting 100 meters (I know a lot goes into running track).

I also should have played baseball, I was 6'10" 225 and threw 97 mph with a nasty slider but I just never tried out.

By that I mean one time I had a dream I was a Usain Bolt/Randy Johnson hybrid.

BeauJ
01-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Wished I would have stuck with pitching in baseball

Started to touch 90's and had a nice change up, just location needed some work. Got lazy with it since the team acted uninterested in winning so I just stopped going to practice.

Tried it back out in amateur league stuff and still decent, just could have been a lot better if I stayed with it.

joelz54_99
01-08-2010, 01:32 PM
baseball.

Kick myself to the day for not playing. Reason, cause my best friend wasnt playing.