PDA

View Full Version : A little more info on why Colt didn't go back in

caj
01-08-2010, 10:44 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-texasqbs010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Colt McCoy lined up about 7 yards from his dad, Brad. This was inside the Texas locker room underneath the Rose Bowl bleachers, the Longhorns qb missing the biggest game of his career, about to attempt the most important throw of his life.

Colt had the ball and was going to pass it to his dad as a slew of doctors and trainers watched closely. How many times had these two thrown a football back and forth, from their yard in little Tuscola, Texas, to the practice fields of Jim Ned High School, where the dad was the coach and the son was the star?

'Millions,' Colt said. 'Millions of times.'

Colt had just lied to the Texas doctors and said that he was capable of returning to the BCS title game against Alabama. A hit by the Tide's Marcell Dareus, on the fifth play of the game, had sent him to this locker room. He wanted back out there. So he tried to sound convincing despite the fact his arm felt 'like a noodle.'

He hadn't come this far to sit. Colt McCoy was going to lead Texas to the championship. He believed this. He'd always believed this. When he went down, he said, 'We were about to dominate.' They weren't going to lose, not where the Longhorns had last won a championship in 2005, not against a team against whom they'd never lost, certainly not 37-21, as the scoreboard would show after 60 minutes.

So Colt gripped the ball, stared at his dad and thought, 'It's just a simple throw.' He threw. The ball went soft and wide. Everyone grimaced. 'Give it to me again,' Colt demanded. Brad got the ball and gave it back to his son. The next throw was the same, bouncing harmlessly away. 'Give it to me again,' Colt said, again. Brad did.

It was the same. It was over. Colt couldn't throw it 7 yards to his own father. 'My arm was dead,' he said. The dad hugged his son. The son broke down and cried.

'There's no pain on my body,' Colt said later. 'If I was a free safety, I'd go out there and make a tackle. I [just] have no strength to throw a football.'

joelz54_99
01-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Sounds like a cool movie.

dblb48
01-08-2010, 10:51 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-texasqbs010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Colt McCoy lined up about 7 yards from his dad, Brad. This was inside the Texas locker room underneath the Rose Bowl bleachers, the Longhorns qb missing the biggest game of his career, about to attempt the most important throw of his life.

Colt had the ball and was going to pass it to his dad as a slew of doctors and trainers watched closely. How many times had these two thrown a football back and forth, from their yard in little Tuscola, Texas, to the practice fields of Jim Ned High School, where the dad was the coach and the son was the star?

“Millions,” Colt said. “Millions of times.”

Colt had just lied to the Texas doctors and said that he was capable of returning to the BCS title game against Alabama. A hit by the Tide’s Marcell Dareus, on the fifth play of the game, had sent him to this locker room. He wanted back out there. So he tried to sound convincing despite the fact his arm felt “like a noodle.”

He hadn’t come this far to sit. Colt McCoy was going to lead Texas to the championship. He believed this. He’d always believed this. When he went down, he said, “We were about to dominate.” They weren’t going to lose, not where the Longhorns had last won a championship in 2005, not against a team against whom they’d never lost, certainly not 37-21, as the scoreboard would show after 60 minutes.

So Colt gripped the ball, stared at his dad and thought, “It’s just a simple throw.” He threw. The ball went soft and wide. Everyone grimaced. “Give it to me again,” Colt demanded. Brad got the ball and gave it back to his son. The next throw was the same, bouncing harmlessly away. “Give it to me again,” Colt said, again. Brad did.

It was the same. It was over. Colt couldn’t throw it 7 yards to his own father. “My arm was dead,” he said. The dad hugged his son. The son broke down and cried.

“There’s no pain on my body,” Colt said later. “If I was a free safety, I’d go out there and make a tackle. I [just] have no strength to throw a football.”

wow, thats a great article.

PimpnUse2BeEz
01-08-2010, 10:53 AM
respect

Fastforward7
01-08-2010, 10:56 AM
If that's accurate I really feel for the kid.

TrainOfThought
01-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Knock this here can off me head!!

Do it son!!!

xxtotuxx
01-08-2010, 11:12 AM
inb4sonimdissapointed

SoCool
01-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Great article (whole thing), makes me feel even worse for them.

Back Double Biceps18
01-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Got to feel bad for the guy, biggest game of your life and you're watching it from the sidelines, down by three with a few mins left. Sucks

CCAurora
01-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I wonder how the "never were's" of this site will react now.

I know that the pro's are the real goal, but missing that game is a wound that will never heal for him.

txapn
01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
feel bad for him IF thats true!

21Classic
01-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I might be less candid about the injury if i were Colt

pain or something is one thing, maybe he just got it jammed, but to say I cant feel my arm, an hour after the hit, WTF happened?

**** sounds alot more serious than just some deep bruising, obviously wasnt gonna be a tear by the way he was hit.

dudes got an NFL future, keep something like that on the down low and just say i broke my thumb on my throwing hand.

anyways, what the heck kind of injury is that medically? total loss of feeling in a limb? shiit sounds scary.

Parlor_Mob
01-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds like nerve damage.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:38 AM

pain or something is one thing, maybe he just got it jammed, but to say I cant feel my arm, an hour after the hit, WTF happened?

**** sounds alot more serious than just some deep bruising, obviously wasnt gonna be a tear by the way he was hit.

dudes got an NFL future, keep something like that on the down low and just say i broke my thumb on my throwing hand.

anyways, what the heck kind of injury is that medically? total loss of feeling in a limb? shiit sounds scary.

sounds like nerve damage

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Sounds like nerve damage.

fukk...2nd

LikeAMachine
01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2605/3726239808_1a75a9d4d6.jpg

IraHays
01-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Ianyways, what the heck kind of injury is that medically?

350poundsouthernbrotherphobea

21Classic
01-08-2010, 11:55 AM
350poundsouthernbrotherphobea

He got sacked by Suh like 9 times, Im sure hes beatin his fear of gigantic DT's

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
He got sacked by Suh like 9 times, Im sure hes beatin his fear of gigantic DT's

Marcel Dareus will be greater than Suh.

OTG
01-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Get well soon Colt. On the other hand Gilbert looks promising for the future years.

oldmantime
01-08-2010, 12:21 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

watch film on him, he chucks linemen around just like Suh, and Dareus is just a soph

ty247
01-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Colt couldn't throw it 7 yards

So his arm was back to normal?

Prob382
01-08-2010, 12:41 PM
my friend told me about this earlier, you gotta feel bad for the dude, he obviously had heart, and couldnt finish out his final game, poor guy

BobDaNob
01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
I would rather have won against a healthy Colt.

Gorilla99
01-08-2010, 12:55 PM

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq79/aggreko07/tomcruiselaugh-1.gif

cramron
01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
GODDAMMT!! i HATE ALABAMA

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:57 PM
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq79/aggreko07/tomcruiselaugh-1.gif

he's still got 2 years and he already managed in one hit what Suh couldn't do in 4

txapn
01-08-2010, 12:59 PM
he might be seriously hurt and honestly nobody really knows but what seems fishy to me is that he wasnt even trying in the second half to throw and see if maybe its getting better he just settled and sad...this sux :(

Russia25
01-08-2010, 01:00 PM
he's still got 2 years and he already managed in one hit what Suh couldn't do in 4

Yeah because the real goal of any DT is to injure opposing players...

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
he might be seriously hurt and honestly nobody really knows but what seems fishy to me is that he wasnt even trying in the second half to throw and see if maybe its getting better he just settled and sad...this sux :(

he couldn't throw the ball 7 yards man

he couldn't feel his arm even after the game

it wasn't getting better

and yes...it does suck, but it is what it is

BrawnySwoleman
01-08-2010, 01:06 PM

I'm not going to engage you but please tell me you've got a better argument than that.

BPP
01-08-2010, 01:39 PM
he couldn't throw the ball 7 yards man

he couldn't feel his arm even after the game

it wasn't getting better

and yes...it does suck, but it is what it is

this

feel bad for Colt :(

Horns3
01-08-2010, 01:51 PM

he probably had a subluxation, where the shoulder partially dislocates and then goes right back in, i've had around 100 of em, and i knew what happend when i saw it lol

oh ****, official diagnosis is a pinched nerve

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/01/08/mccoys_official.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat

BrettT07
01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Dareus is the guy who intercepted the shuffle pass, stiffarmed the qb, and then spin moved some Texas player before hauling ass into the endzone for the record.

And that sucks for Colt. Hopefully he's fine and does well in the NFL

Bowtiejeep
01-08-2010, 01:57 PM
i just want to comment and say to all the people saying "if we had colt it would have been a different outcome". Alabama has a high level of physicality in football. We are a physical team. LSU had to make about a dozen substitutions when they played us because we really just hit that hard. Texas had every opportunity to put any one of our players out of the game. Texas earned much respect last night and i will retract my previous statement that florida is the #2 team and say that the UT may succeed FL.