PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

N.W.A
01-08-2010, 10:00 AM
I noticed when it comes to injuries a lot of fans make some really stupid statements. Most of you them probably have never even suffered a serious injury while playing a sport. Last night is just one example. I really wish some of you them were just trolling but I kind of doubt that.

NYY
01-08-2010, 10:04 AM
People have way too much emotion when it comes to sports sometimes.

Masstastic
01-08-2010, 10:05 AM
I noticed when it comes to injuries a lot of fans make some really stupid statements. Most of you them probably have never even suffered a serious injury while playing a sport. Last night is just one example. I really wish some of you them were just trolling but I kind of doubt that.

They werent. Everybody acts like an injury is so minor until they suffer the injury and realize how painful it is.

I remember when Brady got injured, there were guys claiming he could play on a Torn ACL because Phillip Rivers did a few years ago in the Playoffs. lmfao

Fastforward7
01-08-2010, 10:18 AM
*shrugs* if you have a problem blame the athletes who man up and go out and play while injured. Not hurt or sprained but flat out injured. Guys like Ronnie Lott, Dennis Dixon, Philip Rivers, Byron Leftwich, Willis Reed, etc.. They set the bare higher for everyone else.

Masstastic
01-08-2010, 10:26 AM
*shrugs* if you have a problem blame the athletes who man up and go out and play while injured. Not hurt or sprained but flat out injured. Guys like Ronnie Lott, Dennis Dixon, Philip Rivers, Byron Leftwich, Willis Reed, etc.. They set the bare higher for everyone else.

Lott cut off his finger, hes in an entirely different level of human.
Dixon went back out and further damaged his ACL and his speed hasnt recovered since then.
Rivers still had minor surgery on his knee before playing with a Torn ACL; still alpha
Leftwich has never recovered from breaking his leg, he lost all mobility
Willis Reed wasn't injured that severely. Yes, I googled it.

Masstastic
01-08-2010, 10:27 AM
in b4 fastforward7 plays a pickup basketball game with a broken neck and a ruptured aorta because NFL athletes set the bar higher for playing through pain.

thegenerel
01-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Dixon went back out and further damaged his ACL and his speed hasnt recovered since then.
Rivers still had minor surgery on his knee before playing with a Torn ACL; still alpha

shouldnt you be banned?

Fastforward7
01-08-2010, 10:33 AM

Did you have a point there? I'll reiterate my point since it clearly went over your head. We see superhuman performances out of athletes all the time which makes us think "if these other guys can get out there and play why can't this guy". Not saying it's right but it is what it is. Do you understand now or do I need to try and find another way to explain it?

in b4 fastforward7 plays a pickup basketball game with a broken neck and a ruptured aorta because NFL athletes set the bar higher for playing through pain.

Did I say I could play through anything like that? Again, what I'm saying obviously went completely over your head.

NYY
01-08-2010, 10:35 AM

Exactly.

99% of the time all playing with an injury is going to do is make you worse off later. People that don't understand this never played a sport or was never injured when playing one.

N.W.A
01-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Exactly.

99% of the time all playing with an injury is going to do is make you worse off later. People that don't understand this never played a sport or was never injured when playing one.

This. Well said.