PDA

View Full Version : USF fires Jim Leavitt

IraHays
01-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Good night sweet prince. You made the program but couldn't take it to the next level.

Plus beating up players didn't help.

DubV
01-08-2010, 08:43 AM
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s328/mstaton12/JimLeavitt.jpg

The_Albatross
01-08-2010, 08:48 AM
take it or leavitt

Messiahtype
01-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Lol.

Leavitt is one of the best coaches in the country. He made USF into something despite being in arguably the worst recruiting position in the entire country. The man turned down Alabama FFS because he was loyal to USF.

Have fun going back to anonymity, Bulls.

dirtdickens
01-08-2010, 09:04 AM
They are going too far with this now.

mtomjr14
01-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Great...wonder which one of our assistants they are going to go after...

IraHays
01-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Great...wonder which one of our assistants they are going to go after...

Maybe Texas Tech and USF could just trade assshole coaches?

dirtdickens
01-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Michigan's OC is the front runner, from what is going around.

alegend90
01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
fuuuuu

hopefully the next coach can get our team to where it should be. Leavitt brought usf far though.

Horns3
01-08-2010, 10:18 AM
in before leavitt beats people up in closets

Masstastic
01-08-2010, 10:20 AM
fuuuuu

hopefully the next coach can get our team to where it should be. Leavitt brought usf far though.

Too bad if you're program takes a step backwards it will never recover. Leavitt was successful becuase The U and FSU both were struggling and Florida cant take everybody in their classes.

USF is not a strong enough or respected football program to sustain success in the long term. If USF goes 4-8 or 3-9 that is the end of the football program, Florida is too strong for your school to survive now.

IraHays
01-08-2010, 11:44 AM
08 January 2010

An Open Letter to the USF Community and Alumni

I want to take a moment to thank Jim Leavitt, USF's founding football coach. As a native of St. Petersburg, Jim Leavitt was enthusiastic and successful in launching USF football from start-up to national achievement. He worked hard to run a successful program for 14 years and many USF athletes went on to greater heights.

Sadly, at the end of his tenure at USF, Coach Leavitt committed serious violations of our standards of conduct. A thorough, fair and professional review conducted by internal and external reviewers over the past three weeks led the university to decide that USF should now seek a new head coach.

This university exists to create a safe and exciting learning environment for its students. Intercollegiate athletics must always be seen as part of that learning environment. I've been deeply impressed by the accomplishments of the Athletic Department in ensuring our athletes are treated as students first.

Today we'll open a national search for a new head football coach. The Athletic Department anticipates a swift search, because, as Athletic Director Doug Woolard says, this is a team with a strong future.

ESPforMe
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I'd throw the house at Tuberville.

dogyo
01-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I'd throw the house at Tuberville.

what if it landed on him like in the wizard of oz? then you're out of a potential coach AND you're gonna be charged with murder.

thedestro
01-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Good move.

ESPforMe
01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
what if it landed on him like in the wizard of oz? then you're out of a potential coach AND you're gonna be charged with murder.
but it would be great press. Think of it... you have someone who can actually throw a whole house at your school. paul bunyan type ish

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:26 PM
always thought the dude was cool

we were taught to keep our hands to ourselves in kindergarten

guess he missed that day

Messiahtype
01-08-2010, 12:28 PM
The ghost of Woody Hayes will haunt all of these "victims".

dogyo
01-08-2010, 12:30 PM
but it would be great press. Think of it... you have someone who can actually throw a whole house at your school. paul bunyan type ish

alpha...good point man

dogyo
01-08-2010, 12:30 PM
The ghost of Woody Hayes will haunt all of these "victims".

in b4 dirtdickens

GMan35
01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm amazed people have been as patient with him as they have. I'm extraordinarly grateful for what Leavitt did for the program, but choking/cover up issues aside, you have to have gotten kind of tired of the start hot, beat one or two big teams, get some attention, get demolished by a lesser team, lose a few games in a row, and finish the season out of the top 25. I know it's a young program, but progress has basically stalled over the last 3 years.

tmc.
01-08-2010, 02:35 PM
The kid claimed nothing bad actually happened and that this was a non-issue.

Apparently now if a coach even yells at someone they get fired.

In b4 schools start firing coaches for not letting everyone who wants to play on the team (middle school style).

FLAY
01-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Dan McCarney will probably be named the new HC.

GMan35
01-08-2010, 02:42 PM

i like it. he knows how to recruit....he built the iowa state football program and knows how to run a good defense...something usf has been struggling with in recent years.

only thing im a little concerned with is he runs a lot of the I form on offense, hopefully he will let the o coordinator do his thing.

FLAY
01-08-2010, 02:57 PM
i like it. he knows how to recruit....he built the iowa state football program and knows how to run a good defense...something usf has been struggling with in recent years.

only thing im a little concerned with is he runs a lot of the I form on offense, hopefully he will let the o coordinator do his thing.

How much do you think Leavitt's salary played a role in his firing?

Mafiafolife77
01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
in b4 leavitt to usc

mtomjr14
01-08-2010, 06:35 PM

he turned down the DC job at UF because he didnt want the pressure and responsibility and would rather be a position coach...

i really doubt he would take a HC job

Dennis71
01-08-2010, 06:57 PM
wats with D1 football players?

they are supposed to be tough guys. They get to play football for FREE. Yet, once something happens where they get a little bit mistreated
they cry like bitches...

note to them: U get to play d1 football for free, stfu and enjoy it

G-mane12
01-08-2010, 07:03 PM
wats with D1 football players?

they are supposed to be tough guys. They get to play football for FREE. Yet, once something happens where they get a little bit mistreated
they cry like bitches...

lol, because you know exactly what happened between leavitt and the player, right?

I love how people always assume that the player is a pussy in situations like this when they have no clue what really happened.

Dennis71
01-08-2010, 07:15 PM
lol, because you know exactly what happened between leavitt and the player, right?

I love how people always assume that the player is a pussy in situations like this when they have no clue what really happened.

didnt the player publicly say that wat Levitt wasnt bad?

G-mane12
01-08-2010, 07:17 PM
didnt the player publicly say that wat Levitt wasnt bad?

well either way Leavitt broke the rules and had to be punished

Dennis71
01-08-2010, 07:22 PM
well either way Leavitt broke the rules and had to be punished

firing him was the correct punishment?

G-mane12
01-08-2010, 07:27 PM
firing him was the correct punishment?

If that's what the school thought was the right thing to do then yes.

IraHays
01-08-2010, 08:16 PM

lmao at this sh*t. You mean they get to work in order to go to school for free while their coach pulls in millions of dollars off of their talent.

Leavitt grabbed the kid by the throat and slapped him in the face and then lied about it to everyone. You thinks that's ok?