PDA

View Full Version : Loosing fat on legs

Cattwoman
01-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Hi there

I have just started training... I am really happy with the size of my arse and legs but I just want to tone them up. What is the quickest and easiest way to do this???

I have started doing 30 mins a day on the cross trainer and Im upping my resistance but want a better/quicker option.

Any ideas?

obesebeast
01-08-2010, 05:23 AM
you're not going to spot reduce any fat on the legs via a particular exercise, body fat comes off in sheets and women, by genetic predisposition, will store more fat in the legs/hips, so it'll be one of the last places fat comes off

just continue dieting, performing cardio and be patient...your diet and willpower to stick with it all will determine 90% of your fat loss results

if you'd like to introduce weight training to target your legs in particular, lunge lunge lunge

spedfrk
01-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Hi there

I have just started training... I am really happy with the size of my arse and legs but I just want to tone them up. What is the quickest and easiest way to do this???

I have started doing 30 mins a day on the cross trainer and Im upping my resistance but want a better/quicker option.

Any ideas?

Sounds like you got it right, just watch the calories you take in and get your heart rate up doing the cardio. Don't be afraid to break a sweat.

Nutshell20
01-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Try doing squats...great for adding muscle.

luv2pump
01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Run, run, run, run, run and run some MORE.

jjstokes1
01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
pic of legs or feet...

nondualism
01-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi there

Any ideas?

Memo: There's no such thing as 'spot reducing'. There's also no such thing as 'toning'. Either you're building muscle or you're not. Either you're losing fat, or you're not. /Memo

Please, get the word out at gyms across the country, because way too many people still believe in these things.

Poetique
01-08-2010, 04:43 PM
pic of legs or feet...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

That is horribly funny.

Vietgoboi
01-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Might consider not using term "Tone" on these forums, very confusing.

Congratulation on slight lifestyle change, to achieve that "tone" look on your legs, you'll either need to lose body fat overall (thighs are last for females) or build muscle overall.

JakeA
01-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Pics to verify. lol