PDA

View Full Version : Next year looks good for the Longhorns.

b3rtstare
01-07-2010, 10:30 PM
After tonights game, we know we will have a QB who will be just fine and with some maturation and experience will lead the program to greatness just like Colt. Hopefully, we will recruit some star RB's and our defense should be just fine. I wont predict a National Championship but I will say that we have a good chance of getting in a BCS Bowl.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Strong Chance of Rematch

McElroy, Richardson, Hightower, Julio, Ingram all coming back

b3rtstare
01-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Strong Chance of Rematch

I'm not confident enough to predict a rematch. At this point, until I can see how well we rebound from this and how we reload the talent, I'll be happy with a BCS Bowl.

Ice-9
01-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Strong Chance of Rematch

Alabama will be back to the NC game next year, Texas won't.
There are just way too many teams that return way too much next year for Texas to hope to get back.

Boise, Va. Tech, Bama, Oregon, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Iowa, and even Nebraska all return most of their starters. Will be too many elite teams for Texas to be in the picture.

But yes, Texas looks to be in pretty good shape next year too.

b3rtstare
01-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Alabama will be back to the NC game next year, Texas won't.
There are just way too many teams that return way too much next year for Texas to hope to get back.

Boise, Va. Tech, Bama, Oregon, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Iowa, and even Nebraska all return most of their starters. Will be too many elite teams for Texas to be in the picture.

But yes, Texas looks to be in pretty good shape next year too.

Sadly, I have to agree. We are losing both Colt and Shipley. Last year and this year was our chance to grab the Championship and we could clinch it. Next year will be a reloading year and I think the year after next is when we will have our next chance. I'm hoping Boise gets to the championship game next year. Like I said, If we get to a BCS Bowl and win Ill consider it a successfull season.

thefullmonte
01-08-2010, 07:03 AM
After tonights game, we know we will have a QB who will be just fine and with some maturation and experience will lead the program to greatness just like Colt. Hopefully, we will recruit some star RB's and our defense should be just fine. I wont predict a National Championship but I will say that we have a good chance of getting in a BCS Bowl.

UT is going to have a hard time recruiting elite RB's with the offense they run.