PDA

View Full Version : SEC: 4 BCS Titles In A Row

Max~Power
01-07-2010, 09:51 PM
What Confrence or team is going to stop the SEC from making it 5?

Anyone?

mtomjr14
01-07-2010, 09:53 PM
The SEC is also the only conference in NCAA History to have 4 back to back championships :cool:

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Speaks for itself.

JMath
01-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Boise is the real NCAA football champs.... just ask BCO2 brah.

But seriously, SEC has been on a tear lately. If the SEC wins it next year I hope its Georgia (I know it won't happen)

EpicFailRobot
01-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Speaks for itself.

Pississippi State...GTFO Phaggot

BeanieWells
01-07-2010, 09:57 PM
All this conference talk is ghey

mtomjr14

negged

NoS_oUtLaSt

Now I see why you mad

pedobearu_aware
01-07-2010, 09:58 PM

But seriously, SEC has been on a tear lately. If the SEC wins it next year I hope its Georgia (I know it won't happen)

Georgia might surprise next year. Our schedule is wicked easy (by SEC standards). It all depends on how the young QB plays.

EE41
01-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Very impressive. I still would like a playoff system. No team, even Alabama, was just completely dominant of all the others this year. I think any of the Top Ten Teams minus Bearcats and maybe TCU could beat Florida Texas 'Bama on any given night. It would shock me at all.

EpicFailRobot
01-07-2010, 10:01 PM
negged

u mad brah?

Stop nut huggin the SEC

JMath
01-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Georgia might surprise next year. Our schedule is wicked easy (by SEC standards). It all depends on how the young QB plays.

That is really the big question. I don't expect them to win the NC, but I'm hoping they get better than expected play from the QB.

GermanBB
01-07-2010, 10:14 PM

Anyone?

Doubt it.

SEC!!!

bbacn123
01-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Let's be reality, the SEC didn't win it this year. Texas was clearly the better team

brb being handed 7 points before the half
brb being handed 14 points at the end of the game
brb being given 5 turnovers from a freshman QB

yeah...Bama really showed up :rolleyes:

Alabama likely would have never seen the lead if McCoy never got injured (no Texas fan)

buckeyenutz
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM
SEC is certainly dominate right now. Big 10 on the way back up with 2 BCS wins this year though.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Let's be reality, the SEC didn't win it this year. Texas was clearly the better team

Alabama likely would have never seen the lead if McCoy never got injured (no Texas fan)
brb texas was handed 14 points at the begining and only got 6

buckeyenutz
01-07-2010, 10:21 PM

This. Reality. (no rep beg, hate SEC and Texas equally)

GermanBB
01-07-2010, 10:22 PM

wow, so butthurt you're getting delusional... what dumbass would have still thrown that shuffle pass when he had THAT MUCH PRESSURE all around him [yea he's a freshman qb]. We were handed the points, I never saw Texas step back and give it to us, we took it. It's unfortunate McCoy was taken out, but either way, Texas lost the National Championship and Alabama, the better team this year, won.

JCham
01-07-2010, 10:23 PM

U mad?

mtomjr14
01-07-2010, 10:23 PM

http://www.joystickdivision.com/assets_c/2009/08/hater-thumb-314x320.jpg

bbacn123
01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
brb texas was handed 14 points at the begining and only got 6

Nothing is handed to you when you throw a freshman QB into a situation like that.

It's not like they handed to a Texas lineman and let him walk in or anything

bbacn123
01-07-2010, 10:26 PM
wow, so butthurt you're getting delusional... what dumbass would have still thrown that shuffle pass when he had THAT MUCH PRESSURE all around him [yea he's a freshman qb]. We were handed the points, I never saw Texas step back and give it to us, we took it. It's unfortunate McCoy was taken out, but either way, Texas lost the National Championship and Alabama, the better team this year, won.

You're confusing the word won with lucked into it.

Texas lost the NC game, Alabama lucked into the National Title

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Nothing is handed to you when you throw a freshman QB into a situation like that.

It's not like they handed to a Texas lineman and let him walk in or anything
If you are saying that wasn't handed to them but 14 points were handed to Bama then you are crazy. Bama with a shakey QB ran up and down the #1 Rush Defense.

Hate in another thread

GermanBB
01-07-2010, 10:28 PM
You're confusing the word won with lucked into it.

Texas lost the NC game, Alabama lucked into the National Title

Feels great to be the best team this year!

buckeyenutz
01-07-2010, 10:33 PM
http://seekwebsolutions.com/host/image.php?id=290A_4B46D089&jpg

Let's be reality...

brb, 2-12 on 3rd downs (Alabama)
brb, less yards than Texas
brb, +40 in penalty yards for Texas
brb, 5 turnovers committed by a true frosh QB that resulted in 21 points for Alabama

If Colt is in, Tide loses, PERIOD.

GermanBB
01-07-2010, 10:35 PM

Let's be reality...

brb, 5 turnovers committed by a true frosh QB that resulted in 21 points for Alabama

brb Alabama won the game by more than a touchdown

bbacn123
01-07-2010, 10:36 PM
If you are saying that wasn't handed to them but 14 points were handed to Bama then you are crazy. Bama with a shakey QB ran up and down the #1 Rush Defense.

Hate in another thread

I didn't know an average of 4.0 per carry was getting run all over.

In fact, Bama hasn't been held to a lower per carry average all season. Texas' defense did just fine. 21 of Bama's points were scored off of the fact a freshman QB can't take care of the ball.

Congrats on that lowest per carry of the season and the actual 16 points you scored while you let a freshman QB put up 15 on you.

buckeyenutz
01-07-2010, 10:39 PM
brb Alabama won the game by more than a touchdown

Good arithmetic Dave Man. Take away the 21 scored off of the true frosh's 5 turnovers.....

Hate both teams equally; but, Alabama clearly lucked out. Just sayin'.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-07-2010, 10:41 PM

In fact, Bama hasn't been held to a lower per carry average all season. Texas' defense did just fine. 21 of Bama's points were scored off of the fact a freshman QB can't take care of the ball.

Congrats on that lowest per carry of the season and the actual 16 points you scored while you let a freshman QB put up 15 on you.

Take away the rushing yardage(aka sacks) from McElroy and they are over 5 yards a carry. Also what if Bama still had Hightower. Argueably their second best defensive player.

GermanBB
01-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Everyone can speculate endlessly to make themselves feel better, but Utah beat Alabama last year in the postseason and this year Alabama are the National Champions!

bbacn123
01-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Take away the rushing yardage(aka sacks) from McElroy and they are over 5 yards a carry. Also what if Bama still had Hightower. Argueably their second best defensive player.

Oh so those sacks wouldnt have happened if McCoy had played? lololol...ok.

Maybe they shouldnt have been dropped 5 times in the game like that. I mean, and correct me if im wrong here, but that is a part of the Texas defense right? The sacks?? I mean I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

So again, Texas' defense played just fine.

JMath
01-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Good arithmetic Dave Man. Take away the 21 scored off of the true frosh's 5 turnovers.....

Hate both teams equally; but, Alabama clearly lucked out. Just sayin'.

The INT for a TD at the end of the 1st was not the QB's fault. The running back easily could have handled that and gained yards. He let it go and it was caught by the defender. At least 1 other INT was not his fault too.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-07-2010, 10:52 PM

Maybe they shouldnt have been dropped 5 times in the game like that. I mean, and correct me if im wrong here, but that is a part of the Texas defense right? The sacks?? I mean I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

Correct me if I am wrong but SACKS are not part of the running game right? You know because you are intending to pass the ball right?? I mean I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

So again. Texas's #1 RUSH defense got schooled by a more physical team while RUNNING THE BALL.

Edit: They went from allowing 60 yards per game on the ground to 200.... Yeah they showed up alright.

JMath
01-07-2010, 10:54 PM

Sounds like Texas' pass defense played fine. The run defense not so much.

justin8684
01-07-2010, 10:57 PM
I'll tell you who puts a stop to this SEC run of dominance... THE BIG 10!

In T-Pryor WE TRUST!

****, we're ****ed

bbacn123
01-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but SACKS are not part of the running game right? You know because you are intending to pass the ball right?? I mean I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

So again. Texas's #1 RUSH defense got schooled by a more physical team while RUNNING THE BALL.

Edit: They went from allowing 60 yards per game on the ground to 200.... Yeah they showed up alright.

And yet, they still only earned 16 points without the abundance of turnovers.

Let's put it this way, Oregon ran all over Ohio St. as well. Wanna know why they lost though? They weren't handed 21 points.

Oddly enough they earned about the same amount of points that Bama earned tonight.

Being 1-dimensional doesn't win games without help from the other team. It's why Oregon still lost. And the help is the only reason Bama didn't lose

buckeyenutz
01-07-2010, 11:00 PM
The INT for a TD at the end of the 1st was not the QB's fault. The running back easily could have handled that and gained yards. He let it go and it was caught by the defender. At least 1 other INT was not his fault too.

I'm only stating the facts. Like I said before, I couldn't care less which team won; however, I think that having Texas' veteran QB in the game could have made a difference in the outcome. Texas' defense played great, they were let down by the poor play of their offense.

bbacn123
01-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Whatever, im done here. I understand Bama fans wont admit it, but you'd think other SEC fans would be able to recognize why that game turned out how it did.

Im not even a fan of either school, so ive already spent too much time defending a team I dont give a damn about.

JMath
01-07-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm only stating the facts. Like I said before, I couldn't care less which team won; however, I think that having Texas' veteran QB in the game could have made a difference in the outcome. Texas' defense played great, they were let down by the poor play of their offense.

I think having McCoy in the game could have resulted in a different outcome, you're right. I still wouldn't say Texas' defense (as a whole) played great, but they did do a good job.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-07-2010, 11:04 PM
And yet, they still only earned 16 points without the abundance of turnovers.

Let's put it this way, Oregon ran all over Ohio St. as well. Wanna know why they lost though? They weren't handed 21 points.

Oddly enough they earned about the same amount of points that Bama earned tonight.

Being 1-dimensional doesn't win games without help from the other team. It's why Oregon still lost. And the help is the only reason Bama didn't lose

Yes because BAMAs defense is garbage and if Colt McCoy was in we can definatley confirm that he would have never turned over the ball just like that time he played that other awful Nebraska defense.

GermanBB
01-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Yes because BAMAs defense is garbage and if Colt McCoy was in we can definatley confirm that he would have never turned over the ball just like that time he played that other awful Nebraska defense.

lol

buckeyenutz
01-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Let's put it this way, Oregon ran all over Ohio St. as well.

Wut?

http://seekwebsolutions.com/host/image.php?id=017F_4B3EF7AE&jpg

179 yards rushing (by 5 players) and 81 yards passing from Oregon does not equate to "ran all over Ohio St."

419 > 260

Sorry, Buckeye homer.

bbacn123
01-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Wut?

[img]http://seekwebsolutions.com/host/image.php?id=017F_4B3EF7AE&jpg[img]

179 yards rushing (by 5 players) and 81 yards passing from Oregon does not equate to "ran all over Ohio St."

419 > 260

Sorry, Buckeye homer.

5.4 per carry. According to Bama fans that's ran all over. Sorry dude, you got run all over.

But hey you guys still won, sort of how Texas should have still won too if their real QB had played even in spite of being run all over.

buckeyenutz
01-07-2010, 11:11 PM
I think having McCoy in the game could have resulted in a different outcome, you're right. I still wouldn't say Texas' defense (as a whole) played great, but they did do a good job.

They only gave up 263 yards (205 in rushing though), so not great; but, you're right, they did a good job given the circumstances.

buckeyenutz
01-07-2010, 11:13 PM
5.4 per carry. According to Bama fans that's ran all over. Sorry dude, you got run all over.

But hey you guys still won, sort of how Texas should have still won too if their real QB had played even in spite of being run all over.

5.4 Yards per carry that only resulted in 12 first downs and 2/11 on 3rd downs. Does not compute, LOL.

Calhexas
01-07-2010, 11:58 PM

Texas secondary played great

Texas failed miserably at stopping the run though

2 running backs breaking 100 yards and 2 TDs a piece?

tsk tsk

CarpeD1em500
01-08-2010, 12:05 AM

Anyone?

This means nothing when the conference is automatically given weight from a computer system and championship "system" that makes it ridiculously easy for the SEC to be there in the first place.

Sorry but until the BCS is abolished I don't give a **** that a BCS conference is winning titles. Thats what the ****ing system is set up to do.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:08 AM
This means nothing when the conference is automatically given weight from a computer system and championship "system" that makes it ridiculously easy for the SEC to be there in the first place.

sorry but it sounds like you're suggesting that there was another team that deserved to be in this game more than an SEC team

if so...I'd love to hear who

Sorry but until the BCS is abolished I don't give a **** that a BCS conference is winning titles. Thats what the ****ing system is set up to do.

BCS most likely doesn't give a **** about what you think of it. Jus sayin

CarpeD1em500
01-08-2010, 12:13 AM
sorry but it sounds like you're suggesting that there was another team that deserved to be in this game more than an SEC team

if so...I'd love to hear who

Anyone who is undefeated in a sport should have a chance to play for the national championship. In some elimination style form. Boise State is undefeated at the moment, yes? Great. When Bama beats them (oh wait...they won't cause they won't play)...then the SEC winning titles will matter. Since ..like I said, that fictional game won't occur, it doesn't mean **** in my eyes.

BCS most likely doesn't give a **** about what you think of it. Jus sayin

I'll add them to the list. Thanks.

^^^

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:24 AM
^^^

cool story bro

I'm no fan of the BCS system but there isn't **** I, you, or any of us on the misc can do about it so whining on the internet is a waste of time

sooner you realize that the better

CarpeD1em500
01-08-2010, 12:25 AM
cool story bro

I'm no fan of the BCS system but there isn't **** I, you, or any of us on the misc can do about it so whining on the internet is a waste of time

sooner you realize that the better

lmao sorry I must have misunderstood the point of discussion forums.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 12:28 AM
lmao sorry I must have misunderstood the point of discussion forums.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

if wasting your time whining about the BCS is your perogative who am I to stop you

just figured there was better things you could do with your time

perhaps you don't

I don't know

It's still pointless but if you feel the need to rant and rage then by all means...go for it

drewh4386
01-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Ingram is making everybody forget about Shaun Alexander fast. I remember those days. ;)

DoubtErased
01-08-2010, 06:30 AM
WTF is up with you Florida fans rooting for Alabama...?

EE41
01-08-2010, 06:41 AM
So Florida can say we only lost to the National Champion...Who is National Champion because Colt McCoy got knocked out on the 5th play. Texas wins if Colt is in. I hate both teams, but it is the truth. The TO's from the rookie killed the Longhorns. But Colt wasn't in and Alabama did win, so congrats.

Tyler44
01-08-2010, 07:17 AM
I'll tell you who puts a stop to this SEC run of dominance... THE BIG 10!

In T-Pryor WE TRUST!

****, we're ****ed

Dont worry, we got this.

With everyone coming back and if Pryor plays like he did in the Rose bowl the Buckeyes most likely will be undefeated come bowl selection time. May get another shot to redeem themselves and the conference from the SEC. They will only be improved from this year.

But Ima homer, so who knows.

Clives_Bicep
01-08-2010, 07:22 AM
SEC feels good man!

MontelWilliams
01-08-2010, 07:24 AM
ohio state

jason_bh
01-08-2010, 07:32 AM

Negged.

WTF is up with you Florida fans rooting for Alabama...?

Not me brah. I was pulling for Texas all the way.

Let's be reality...

Let's be reality...

If McCoy is in the game Alabama changes their game plan and the game does turn out differently. Not necessarily on Texas' side. I watched quite a few dropped passes that were 'catchable' from Texas' WRs. Shouldn't matter who's throwing the ball if it hits you in the hands and you can't catch it.

I was actually pulling for Texas despite being a fan of an SEC school. I hate Alabama and Saban that much.

Texas can whine all about McCoy not being in and that's why they lost. The reality is that football is a contact sport and you run that chance every time you suit up. The better team won last night. ;)

FARVIN
01-08-2010, 07:39 AM

This is all true. Bama played like dog sh*t. McElroy was pathetic. It looked like UT was gonna score a lot of points, and Bama was gonna play catch-up the whole game.. But you never know what would have happened. Too bad we'll never know. I feel so bad for McCoy.

I am also bitter bc if Bama played like that vs UF, UF would be celebrating their 3rd NC in the last 4 years :/

Max~Power
01-08-2010, 09:17 AM

205 yards and 4 TDs running.

"If Colt played" statements don't matter, haters gonna hate.

Blame Mack for running his best player into the heart of the bama defence on the option call.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 10:03 AM
This is all true. Bama played like dog sh*t. McElroy was pathetic. It looked like UT was gonna score a lot of points, and Bama was gonna play catch-up the whole game.. But you never know what would have happened. Too bad we'll never know. I feel so bad for McCoy.

So basically Bama was gifted everything. They didn't earn anything.

The TRUTH is that McElroy didn't have much help in that game. Blockers were selling him out and the Texas secondary was all over the wide receivers. A lot of coverage sacks in that game. If you look back at Bama's last few NC's though, his performance was about on par for Bama QBs. No complaints. Bama won the NC game the way they always do, with a solid running game and good game management.

Interesting theory. I love how all of Bama's scores were gifts but none of Texas' were.

Classic.

I am also bitter bc if Bama played like that vs UF, UF would be celebrating their 3rd NC in the last 4 years :/

No necessarily. UF played like dogcrap as well. Game could've easily been closer with the same conclusion, a Bama win...not necessarily a UF one.

johnnyj411
01-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Bama went undefeated and won the NC,thats a miracle in its self in the SEC,who and when was this last done?

If TX recievers could catch some balls thrown right at them they might have won?! And yes McElroy did suck pretty bad,but he got the job done! .

charity4thepoor
01-08-2010, 10:10 AM
if i had to guess i'd say bama would be the favorites next year right?

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
if i had to guess i'd say bama would be the favorites next year right?

maybe maybe not

losing a lot of defenders

offense will be pretty intact though

j_to_the
01-08-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm an Iowa fan. Didn't care one bit who won this game and I'm an avid college football fan..

I turned on the tv last night. Saw Texas score. McCoy get hurt. Texas score. Alabama score. At that point, it was 7-6..

I TURNED OFF THE GAME! knew it was over....

The game will ALWAYS be "Alabama won, but McCoy got hurt." It's the harsh reality of it.. Texas' entire offense was built around McCoy. Once McCoy was out, EVERYTHING was effected, including their defensive morale. They had zero run game to fall back on with a freshman backup.. ZERO.

You know who led the Longhorns in rush attempts? McCoy.. and he finished 200 yards behind their leading rusher.

Sorry Bama, but you lucked out.

Also: Nice sportsmanship running in that last TD with 40 ticks left.. there's the classy SEC no one likes...........

inb4Iowahaters

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm an Iowa fan. Didn't care one bit who won this game and I'm an avid college football fan..

I turned on the tv last night. Saw Texas score. McCoy get hurt. Texas score. Alabama score. At that point, it was 7-6..

I TURNED OFF THE GAME! knew it was over....

The game will ALWAYS be "Alabama won, but McCoy got hurt." It's the harsh reality of it.. Texas' entire offense was built around McCoy. Once McCoy was out, EVERYTHING was effected, including their defensive morale. They had zero run game to fall back on with a freshman backup.. ZERO.

You know who led the Longhorns in rush attempts? McCoy.. and he finished 200 yards behind their leading rusher.

Sorry Bama, but you lucked out.

we gonna act like McCoy wasn't hit on a run attempt?

If i didn't happen then, it was highly likely he would've got injured later in the game sometime.

The sooner people quit trying to make excuses about it and accept that Bama won because they were the more physical team last night, the better.

Also: Nice sportsmanship running in that last TD with 40 ticks left.. there's the classy SEC no one likes...........

Texas was still fighting so I'm sure Saban did it to put them in their place.

Nobody will ever accuse Saban of being classy, and since he's winning NC's I really don't give a ****.

j_to_the
01-08-2010, 10:48 AM
we gonna act like McCoy wasn't hit on a run attempt?

If i didn't happen then, it was highly likely he would've got injured later in the game sometime.

The sooner people quit trying to make excuses about it and accept that Bama won because they were the more physical team last night, the better.

Texas was still fighting so I'm sure Saban did it to put them in their place.

Nobody will ever accuse Saban of being classy, and since he's winning NC's I really don't give a ****.

not sure you are getting it.. I didn't care who won.. I don't care that McCoy got hurt.. I don't care that Bama won. I don't need to make excuses.. but Bama was given the title as soon as McCoy got hurt. It's the sad reality of it. Do I feel its fair to Alabama that there will alway be a "Alabama won, but.." No. Like I said, its the reality. I don't care if Bama won by 40 or 1, with the hype around McCoy, there will always be a cloudy sky with this victory.

And I have to believe Alabama isn't 100% satisfied with their victory. I know if I was Bama, I wouldn't be. I would want to beat Texas' best. End all doubt on the field. For example, I'm an Iowa fan. Would I have been excited to beat Georgia Tech with Dwyer out? Yes - but not 100% b/c you didn't beat their best.

As for the last TD. It was classless. Of course Texas was still fighting - they had to. When an offense comes out of a huddle in anything but a Victory formation, you gotta line up against it right?!? C'mon man....

pittbleauxs
01-08-2010, 10:52 AM
inb4Iowahaters

avid iowa hater here. i mean, i fukin hate iowa. (decent chance we steal your coach when/if joe ever retires)

look for psu to swing by bama next year and light them up, spread-HD style.

bama fan by the second quarter of the psu game next year: "dagumit... them boys with them white jerseys on is faster than than a billy-goat on his way to a hoedown. how in the sam hell you supposed to know who them boys is without no names on their backs?"

congrats to alabama though, i guess.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 10:52 AM
not sure you are getting it.. I didn't care who won.. I don't care that McCoy got hurt.. I don't care that Bama won. I don't need to make excuses.. but Bama was given the title as soon as McCoy got hurt. It's the sad reality of it. Do I feel its fair to Alabama that there will alway be a "Alabama won, but.." No. Like I said, its the reality. I don't care if Bama won by 40 or 1, with the hype around McCoy, there will always be a cloudy sky with this victory.

Bama hurt McCoy. It's not like he tripped, fell, and landed on that shoulder. Bama hit McCoy and killed his arm. They created their own opportunity. I get it...do you?

And I have to believe Alabama isn't 100% satisfied with their victory. I know if I was Bama, I wouldn't be. I would want to beat Texas' best. End all doubt on the field. For example, I'm an Iowa fan. Would I have been excited to beat Georgia Tech with Dwyer out? Yes - but not 100% b/c you didn't beat their best.

Of course it's dissappointing when a player goes down because there will always be those people who will want astericks by the win and preach the notion of "what if". But the fact is if you look at WHY that player went down, it still goes back to Bama being a good team.

If you say Colt McCoy being out is the reason Texas lost, then you must recognize that Alabama is the reason Colt McCoy was out, and therefore Alabama is the reason Texas lost.

As for the last TD. It was classless. Of course Texas was still fighting - they had to. When an offense comes out of a huddle in anything but a Victory formation, you gotta line up against it right?!? C'mon man....

blah blah blah...class doesn't ensure wins.

Texas was still trying to get to the ball so Saban tried to take the fight out of them. And if the game's out of your hands, you don't have to keep fighting. Texas players were trying to start **** briefly with Bama players at the end of the game. Talk about classy. :rolleyes:

j_to_the
01-08-2010, 10:57 AM
avid iowa hater here. i mean, i fukin hate iowa. (decent chance we steal your coach when/if joe ever retires)

bama fan by the second quarter of the psu game next year: "dagumit... them boys with them white jerseys on is faster than than a billy-goat on his way to a hoedown. how in the sam hell you supposed to know who them boys is without no names on their backs?"

Wegher demonstrates it best............. Iowa on top.

http://siouxlandchamber.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/wegher1.jpg

Thanks for the white out PSU.. It was like a quiet snow storm...

j_to_the
01-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Bama hurt McCoy. It's not like he tripped, fell, and landed on that shoulder. Bama hit McCoy and killed his arm. They created their own opportunity. I get it...do you?

Of course it's dissappointing when a player goes down because there will always be those people who will want astericks by the win and preach the notion of "what if". But the fact is if you look at WHY that player went down, it still goes back to Bama being a good team.

If you say Colt McCoy being out is the reason Texas lost, then you must recognize that Alabama is the reason Colt McCoy was out, and therefore Alabama is the reason Texas lost.

blah blah blah...class doesn't ensure wins.

Texas was still trying to get to the ball so Saban tried to take the fight out of them. And if the game's out of your hands, you don't have to keep fighting. Texas players were trying to start **** briefly with Bama players at the end of the game. Talk about classy. :rolleyes:

I picked Alabama to win, so I know how good they are and I'm not taking anything away from them, but with McCoy out - the game was over. So no, I'm not saying Texas lost b/c McCoy was out.

"Alabama hurt McCoy".. no sh!t. they played each other..

And you are obviously biased on Saban and Alabama so you'll continue with your moot points.. but if Alabama comes out and kneels on the ball - Texas would have relenquished..

Taking a knee = Taking the fight out of them.. not scoring 7 more points..

pittbleauxs
01-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Wegher demonstrates it best............. Iowa on top.

http://siouxlandchamber.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/wegher1.jpg

Thanks for the white out PSU.. It was like a quiet snow storm...

i was at that game. stood in the pouring rain, got attitude from my girl, drunkenly lost my car in the lot, stayed in a filthy motel 15 miles from the stadium (took about 2 hours to get there). and lets not forget last year. i not only hate the team... i hate the state. i even hate corn.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I picked Alabama to win, so I know how good they are and I'm not taking anything away from them, but with McCoy out - the game was over. So no, I'm not saying Texas lost b/c McCoy was out.

sounds contradictory to me

"Alabama hurt McCoy".. no sh!t. they played each other..

so you can blame Alabama for McCoy's absence and therefore Alabama for Texas' loss

Alabama earned the win.

And you are obviously biased on Saban and Alabama so you'll continue with your moot points.. but if Alabama comes out and kneels on the ball - Texas would have relenquished..

I am definitely a Bama fan, but I stand by my statement because when Alabama was kneeling Texas players were trying to start **** with Alabama players. They did not show restraint in any way. So you are wrong about that.

Taking a knee = Taking the fight out of them.. not scoring 7 more points..

if you watched the end of the game you'd know this isn't true.

dogyo
01-08-2010, 11:09 AM

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

It was Texass' job to STOP THEMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:11 AM

It was Texass' job to STOP THEMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol this

It's not like Texas didn't have a chance to prevent the TD.

IraHays
01-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Texas should have been up 14-0. It's not like Saban (WTF was he thinking) didn't give them a chance to jump all over them.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Texas should have been up 14-0. It's not like Saban (WTF was he thinking) didn't give them a chance to jump all over them.

This.

conservative approach during the entire 3rd quarter is the reason Texas was able to come back.

But I find it hilarious how Saban coasted for an entire quarter and just because he stepped on the gas at the end of the game he's "classless."

dogyo
01-08-2010, 11:14 AM
This.

conservative approach during the entire 3rd quarter is the reason Texas was able to come back.

But I find it hilarious how Saban coasted for an entire quarter and just because he stepped on the gas at the end of the game he's "classless."

AND mark ingram wasn't in for very much of the 3rd quarter either...

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:16 AM
AND mark ingram wasn't in for very much of the 3rd quarter either...

calf cramps dawg lol

kid didn't drink his pre-game gatorade

dogyo
01-08-2010, 11:17 AM
calf cramps dawg lol

kid didn't drink his pre-game gatorade

shiit, he didn't drink his gatorade for a few days before the game...did you see his right calf? it was like a f*ckin softball

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:24 AM
shiit, he didn't drink his gatorade for a few days before the game...did you see his right calf? it was like a f*ckin softball

lol did you see him collapse on the stage after the SEC CG...mascot had to tend to his calf cramps then

Tyler44
01-08-2010, 11:25 AM

Come on man, the game was clearly over. Take a knee, show some class and celebrate your victory.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Come on man, the game was clearly over. Take a knee, show some class and celebrate your victory.

Alabama took a knee for basically an entire quarter

it is what it is

dogyo
01-08-2010, 11:36 AM
lol did you see him collapse on the stage after the SEC CG...mascot had to tend to his calf cramps then

my guess is he hadn't drank any gatorade between then and last night lol

take a knee on your opponents 10 yard line...yeah oooooooooooooooooooooooooooook.

that's almost as bad scoring a TD, it's like saying "look at us taking a knee on your 10, we could score, but nahhhhhhhh...keep watching us on your 10 yard line...we are like a lion playing with his food before we eat ya"

Tyler44
01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
my guess is he hadn't drank any gatorade between then and last night lol

take a knee on your opponents 10 yard line...yeah oooooooooooooooooooooooooooook.

that's almost as bad scoring a TD, it's like saying "look at us taking a knee on your 10, we could score, but nahhhhhhhh...keep watching us on your 10 yard line...we are like a lion playing with his food before we eat ya"

to me it shows mercy, and class. To you it obviously doesnt, so whatever. The game was over, that score left a sour taste in everyones mouth, even people who were happy for Bama.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:43 AM
to me it shows mercy, and class. To you it obviously doesnt, so whatever. The game was over, that score left a sour taste in everyones mouth, even people who were happy for Bama.

to some its mercy

to others its pity

really depends on who you are, and how you look at it

dogyo
01-08-2010, 11:44 AM

nah, no sour taste in my mouth...maybe it was just a sour taste in your mouth from all the ohio state d1ck you suck...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DIG?

johnnyj411
01-08-2010, 11:46 AM

Really?...........Penn state is gonna light up bama nxt year........really?........in T-town................really? Hope you travel down here to alabama and watch the game,hope you don't waste your gas.

Bama is gonna win the NC again! Back to back!

dogyo
01-08-2010, 11:47 AM

and no.

pittbleauxs
01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Really?...........Penn state is gonna light up bama nxt year........really?........in T-town................really? Hope you travel down here to alabama and watch the game,hope you don't waste your gas.

Bama is gonna win the NC again! Back to back!

i might wait till you guys come up to happy valley the following year. i would like to see a game down there though.

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:52 AM
btw

last night my dad wanted to go get NC shirts after the game at the BamaFever

we went, there was a **** ton of ppl there when we showed up but we got to go to the "cash only" line

while we were standing there some lady came up to the front counter bitching about how it was "unfair for the people with credit/debit cards to wait while people with cash got shirts right away"

she started to complain about how she spent $1000 dollars there this christmas and I couldn't help it...I let out a big "cool story bro" in front of everyone and people laughed

she was not happy

enchanting chronicle...I know

=T Bone=
01-08-2010, 11:54 AM
lulz at the exuses.

Our Qb played with 2 broken ribs
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4807296

Ingram was hurt most of the time and Rolando had a stomach Virus lulz

Calhexas
01-08-2010, 11:55 AM
lulz at the exuses.

Our Qb played with 2 broken ribs
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4807296

Ingram was hurt most of the time and Rolando had a stomache Virus lulz

Bama = most physical team in the nation
Texas = pussies...but hey, they're classy pussies

aspire210
01-08-2010, 11:55 AM
this just in....Last years hesiman winner went out on the first drive in the red river rivalry. If bradford played in a game decided by a field goal, then texas wouldn't even have been there. Can't talk about McCoys injury on the first drive while forgetting about bradfords injury on the first drive.

pittbleauxs
01-08-2010, 12:13 PM

and no.

my age allows me to more effectively be the borderline creepy alumni who goes to games, drinks well beyond his limits with other like-minded individuals who talk about how we used to dominate life when we went there. i plan on doing this the rest of my adult life. you'll be there one day.

and we'll see.

Max~Power
01-08-2010, 12:22 PM
SEC > Everyone else

/Thread

;)

IraHays
01-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Any "SEC SEC" chants last night?

aspire210
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM

ya, end of the game, esp after the last pick.

Max~Power
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Plenty

IraHays
01-08-2010, 12:29 PM
ya, end of the game, esp after the last pick.

nice. I had the sound off.

aspire210
01-08-2010, 12:31 PM
there were also some "bull ****, buuullll****" chants that they had to get away from. It was right after there was at least one blown, if not 2 blow calls in a row. Don't get me wrong, I backed bama with my money, but seems like the refs wanted texas to lose as well. Maybe they bet bama was well?

dogyo
01-08-2010, 12:31 PM

No. They were chanting "Boise, Boise" because they're the undefeated team that should be champs.

KillerRabbity
01-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Let's be reality...

not much need to convert on third down if ingram or richardson gets 8 yards on the first down. sit down and shut up.

CarpeD1em500
01-08-2010, 01:42 PM
No. They were chanting "Boise, Boise" because they're the undefeated team that should be playing for the title next week vs. bama

Fixed for you, and repped.

KillerRabbity
01-08-2010, 01:42 PM

he will be back next year, i talk to him on facebook sometimes, he went to high school with my girl

dogyo
01-08-2010, 01:46 PM
he will be back next year, i talk to him on facebook sometimes, he went to high school with my girl

wtf?

=T Bone=
01-08-2010, 01:49 PM

Let's be reality...

So what if Bradford is in the Red River Rivalry? Does OU still lose 13-16? No, they win and Cinci or Tcu play in the NC instead of Texas.

Ingram averaged 5.3 ypc and Trent averaged 5.7. Both had over 100 yards and 2td's. brb, number 1 rush Defense lulz

KillerRabbity
01-08-2010, 01:50 PM
wtf?

yup. dont'a will be back next year

dogyo
01-08-2010, 01:54 PM
yup. dont'a will be back next year

wtf are you talking about?

KillerRabbity
01-08-2010, 01:57 PM
wtf are you talking about?

dont'a hightower, he got injured as a freshman, 2008

dogyo
01-08-2010, 02:00 PM

i'm so confused...you never said his name in your first post, that was off topic, in the first place.

=T Bone=
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM

No dont'a was injured this past season in the Arky game. Helmet to knee.

He is practicing with the team, has been for a few weeks.

KillerRabbity
01-08-2010, 02:01 PM
i'm so confused...you never said his name in your first post, that was off topic, in the first place.

yeah it was off topic, but someone mentioned him, so i thought id let yall know hed be playing the 2010 season

KillerRabbity
01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
No dont'a was injured this past season in the Arky game. Helmet to knee.

He is practicing with the team, has been for a few weeks.

you right, i had it wrong. yes hes has been practicing, yes he will be back next year. He got injured early this year, not last year. if u think im fraudin, ill provide pics. who am i thinking of that got hurt real bad in 2008?

Arrogant_American
01-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I am hoping that next year VA Tech will finally stop being above average and be become great. As always, if we could just win those big games... our running game should be sick next year though!

johnnyj411
01-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Just wondering who and when was the last team to go undefeated in the SEC and win the national championship?

dogyo
01-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Just wondering who and when was the last team to go undefeated in the SEC and win the national championship?

jake right? alabama did it last night.

johnnyj411
01-08-2010, 05:50 PM
jake right? alabama did it last night.

I'm talking about b4 alabama did last nite..........sorry I didn't specify

I'm thinking it was Tennesse in 1998(peyton manning) Anyway its a hard thing to do nowadays,and bama did it 14-0!

Max~Power
01-09-2010, 09:40 PM

I'm thinking it was Tennesse in 1998(peyton manning) Anyway its a hard thing to do nowadays,and bama did it 14-0!

remember when Auburn went undefeated with Ronnie Brown and Cadilac and didn't get a title shot?

and good question, i dont know

johnnyj411
01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
remember when Auburn went undefeated with Ronnie Brown and Cadilac and didn't get a title shot?

and good question, i dont know

I do remember that,I think it was in 2003? I think they would have won the NC that year,they had a stacked team!

mtomjr14
01-09-2010, 09:56 PM

def not a peyton manning team bc he had at least one L every season thanks to Florida :cool: