PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James is the best player in NBA

Pages : [1] 2

iggydiesel
01-07-2010, 10:12 PM
It is pretty clear to all of us that LeBron James is a better scorer than Kobe and a the toughest player to guard, no questions asked. Only thing is separating him and Kobe are the rings that Kobe has, but LeBron's time will come soon... either in Cleveland or New York... lol

emmyemmy
01-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Be prepared to be negged. Just a warning.

Bulldog0520
01-07-2010, 10:15 PM
he's not a better scorer. as for who is the better player...that's too tough to call.

outb4****storm

n1e
01-07-2010, 10:17 PM
LOL he is not the best player, he's not even 2nd best

I'd put dwade over Lebron srs

Bulldog0520
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM

lmao...then you're a fuking idiot. Wade is not better than LeBron in any aspect of the game.

Nibbs06
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Lebron gets a few good games this season and people praise him like he's god. He was very over hyped from the start, you dont hear big things about Carmelo Anthony even though in the beggining of the season he was killing it. Kobe is the Micheal Jordan as Lebron is to Kobe..(if that makes sense)

n1e
01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
lmao...then you're a fuking idiot. Wade is not better than LeBron in any aspect of the game.

well, Lebron does do a better bullrush then him.
Lebron is also a better dancer
a better choker
Lebron is also a better sport when he loses.....wait nevermind

HamMach1
01-07-2010, 10:27 PM
inb4 **** storm

Vinh_Diesel
01-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Lebron > Kobe

Kobe < Lebron

This shid is endless. People will just say their favorite player is this best.

emmyemmy
01-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Lebron gets a few good games this season and people praise him like he's god. He was very over hyped from the start, you dont hear big things about Carmelo Anthony even though in the beggining of the season he was killing it. Kobe is the Micheal Jordan as Lebron is to Kobe..(if that makes sense)

Lebron is averaging close to 29 points, nearly 8 assits, 7 boards, and shooting over 50%. So he has only had a few good games?

Anthony was big talk at the beginning of the season, when his team was winning and he was leading the league in points. Now his team is playing horrible, and his points have went down.

iggydiesel
01-07-2010, 10:34 PM
only thing that lebron lacks is a jumpshot. He is nowhere close to be like kobe in making last second shots. But that's about it. He is a better leader, that's for sure. I mean, look at him leading a team with average joes to the conference finals as compared to Kobe having All-Star players on his team.

how2quitdrinkin
01-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Kobe's playing with a broken ring finger on his shooting hand, yet still puts up monster numbers. No one else in the league would or could do that, and theres no doubt about that. Didnt Lebron miss a week or so with a sprained finger or hangnail in the past? Even though he's a pussy, Lebron is still a bulldozer, and is tough to stop, but Kobe is the better all around basketball player. Kobe is in a class of his own mainly because of the hard work he's put in. Phil has even stated that he works harder than anyone he's ever coached, and that alone should tell you something. Lebron relies on his athleticism and power far too much, and i'm willing to bet as he ages he wont have put in the necessary work to stay at a top tier level.

In short, Kobe>Lebron. I like them both, though. No need to hate one, even though they arent on the same level as the other.

emmyemmy
01-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Both are amazing to watch, easilly the most entertaining.

But I have a serious question.

Why is there so much talk about Kobe being better because of his game winners? I am not putting him down, but if Kobe had Lebron's FG% then he would have made a shot earlier in the game instead of missed meaning there would be no chance for the final shot to determine the game. So is that really something you can bring up when comparing the two greatest players in the world?

FryDude
01-07-2010, 10:46 PM

Why is there so much talk about Kobe being better because of his game winners? I am not putting him down, but if Kobe had Lebron's FG% then he would have made a shot earlier in the game instead of missed meaning there would be no chance for the final shot to determine the game. So is that really something you can bring up when comparing the two greatest players in the world?

I don't know, I've read, well, I've watched a few games in my life time and NBA games run for a full 48 minutes. And from what I've seen with my own two eyes, Kobe is not responsible for what happens on the court for 48 minutes, it is a team effort after all.

Game winners happen because the other team won't lay down and let you piitb.

but lol @ this thread, no comment.

Back Double Biceps18
01-07-2010, 10:46 PM

a better choker

No you wouldn't, come on.

n1e
01-07-2010, 10:47 PM
only thing that lebron lacks is a jumpshot. He is nowhere close to be like kobe in making last second shots. But that's about it. He is a better leader, that's for sure. I mean, look at him leading a team with average joes to the conference finals as compared to Kobe having All-Star players on his team.

Jumpshot - Kobe
Postgame - Kobe
Footwork - Kobe
Smarts - Kobe
Drive+determination - Kobe
Leadership - Kobe
clutch - Kobe
Defense - Kobe
Free Throw - Kobe

Lebrons offensive artillery is drive to the hoop (aka bullrush) or shoot a 3 pointer

and Kobe is 31 years old and still dominating these youngsters LOL

Edit: last time i checked Mo Williams was an all-star
Edit2: AND HE'S PLAYING WITH A BROKEN FINGER LULZ

Coconut187
01-07-2010, 10:49 PM

Cavs roster right now isn't filled with average joes. They have a lot of role players that do their jobs very well. Anderson Varejao, even though I hate sideshow bob, he leads the league in the +/- category, his rebounding, hustling, defense, and flopping make a difference in the game.

AND they have 3 guys in the Top 10 in 3 pt shooting %: Mo, Parker, and Gibson. Parker and Gibson shooting 47% with Mo shooting 45%.

I know your talkin about last year, but this year they have a nice roster and if you disagree you have no basketball knowledge.

Back Double Biceps18
01-07-2010, 10:49 PM

Yes, hitting a shot with 6:55 in the second is much tougher then hitting a shot with 5 seconds left and everyone knows the ball is going to you and your going to shoot with opposing coaches drawing up plays to stop you from getting the ball (/run on sentence). Not to mention all the pressure of knowing that the game rides on a single shot.

FryDude
01-07-2010, 10:53 PM

That's being blatantly ignorant and blind, how is he clearly a better leader? Kobe gets a lot of flack for his shot selection (which in and of itself is true sometimes) but if you can't see he's the driving force behind the Lakers then you... I can't quantify this argument with numbers as I don't have the patience to look them up but every player on the Lakers benefits from Kobes play.

You know what, ignore my argument, why is LBJ a better leader?

STA1011
01-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Lebron > Kobe

Talk to me when Kobe takes this team to the finals.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

FryDude
01-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Yes, hitting a shot with 6:55 in the second is much tougher then hitting a shot with 5 seconds left and everyone knows the ball is going to you and your going to shoot with opposing coaches drawing up plays to stop you from getting the ball (/run on sentence). Not to mention all the pressure of knowing that the game rides on a single shot.

This can't be stressed enough.

n1e
01-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Lebron > Kobe

Talk to me when Kobe takes this team to the finals.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

Kobe > Lebron

Talk to me when Lebron has 4 of these
http://sbj12.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/0001_kobe_ring.jpg

U GOT TO BE HUNGRY LEBRON, I MEAN STOMACH GROWLIN HUNGRY
http://dimemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/picture-3-480x340.png

G-mane12
01-07-2010, 10:59 PM
I agree OP

stoopid
01-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Jumpshot - Kobe
Postgame - Kobe
Footwork - Kobe
Smarts - Kobe
Drive+determination - Kobe
Leadership - Kobe
clutch - Kobe
Defense - Kobe
Free Throw - Kobe

Lebrons offensive artillery is drive to the hoop (aka bullrush) or shoot a 3 pointer

and Kobe is 31 years old and still dominating these youngsters LOL

Edit: last time i checked Mo Williams was an all-star

Leadership, Kobe? Seriously? You are going to say that after Kobe was crying about calls when replay's even showed that no one fouled him in most of the plays against the Cavs on Christmas, and when people started throwing **** on the court Lebron gathered his team to talk about the rest of the game?

Clutch? What type of clutch? The NBA's website had an article about a month ago comparing Kobe's clutch and Lebron's. They said clutch is defined as the last 5 minutes of a game. Lebron's % was in the 80's while Kobe's was in the low 50's. So you determine what clutch is, and try to tell the NBA that they are wrong.

Defense? Kobe hardly even plays defense anymore. Oh, and Lebron was second for defensive player of the year award last year. He's improved even more too. So I'm going to have to say you are wrong there too.

You overlook Lebron's offense greatly. His drive to the basket not only is over 70% effective, but it puts the other team in foul trouble often. That's a big deal that most people don't ever consider since it's not a stat. Lebron also averages a higher amount of points than Kobe per shot attempt in games, so Kobe being able to shoot a little bit better on a mid range jumper isn't as good as being a lot better driving to the basket and shooting 3's.

Kobe is a great player. No doubt. But how can you say dominate the youngsters? First of all, 31 is not old. Secondly, look at the FG% on most of Kobe's highest scoring games. Terrible. Shooting tons of shots and only making 35% t 40% of them when you have 2 big men that are above 55% FG is not dominating, it's just shooting crazy. If I do say, the defenders are almost dominating Kobe, making HIM shoot his lower percentage shot instead of passing it to Bynum or Gasol for a 55% or higher shot because I know that if I was playing against the Lakers, I'd want someone shooting close to 40% shooting than someone shooting closer to 60%.

With that said, Lakers and Cavs in the Finals. Will be the most watched series of all time.

how2quitdrinkin
01-07-2010, 11:07 PM
What player did everyone except one guy (Lebron), recognize as the leader of the gold medal winning team? Kobe is in Jordans class, plain and simple. Lebron stuffs his stats, but they don't tell the whole story. If you watch the game, and dont have a bias, it's clear who the best player is.

Coconut187
01-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Leadership, Kobe? Seriously? You are going to say that after Kobe was crying about calls when replay's even showed that no one fouled him in most of the plays against the Cavs on Christmas, and when people started throwing **** on the court Lebron gathered his team to talk about the rest of the game?

SO I guess Shaq throwing his 300 lb fatass on Kobe isn't considered a foul OK.
Wow I guess Lebron gathering up his teammates clearly makes him a better leader.

Clutch? What type of clutch? The NBA's website had an article about a month ago comparing Kobe's clutch and Lebron's. They said clutch is defined as the last 5 minutes of a game. Lebron's % was in the 80's while Kobe's was in the low 50's. So you determine what clutch is, and try to tell the NBA that they are wrong.

Maybe you didn't read this one other article that asked all the coaches/gms who they would want taking the last second shot. I think it was 98% of them voted for Kobe.

Defense? Kobe hardly even plays defense anymore. Oh, and Lebron was second for defensive player of the year award last year. He's improved even more too. So I'm going to have to say you are wrong there too.

I guess his 7x All nba defensive team awards don't mean anything.

LV6tRO7FL3E

You overlook Lebron's offense greatly. His drive to the basket not only is over 70% effective, but it puts the other team in foul trouble often. That's a big deal that most people don't ever consider since it's not a stat. Lebron also averages a higher amount of points than Kobe per shot attempt in games, so Kobe being able to shoot a little bit better on a mid range jumper isn't as good as being a lot better driving to the basket and shooting 3's.

Good luck to him when he gets older/slower.

Kobe is a great player. No doubt. But how can you say dominate the youngsters? First of all, 31 is not old. Secondly, look at the FG% on most of Kobe's highest scoring games. Terrible. Shooting tons of shots and only making 35% t 40% of them when you have 2 big men that are above 55% FG is not dominating, it's just shooting crazy. If I do say, the defenders are almost dominating Kobe, making HIM shoot his lower percentage shot instead of passing it to Bynum or Gasol for a 55% or higher shot because I know that if I was playing against the Lakers, I'd want someone shooting close to 40% shooting than someone shooting closer to 60%.

Bynum and Gasol do well because they don't get double teamed as often, all the defensive focus is on KOBE.

With that said, Lakers and Cavs in the Finals. Will be the most watched series of all time.

Agreed.

I replied.

user8489791000
01-07-2010, 11:14 PM
lebron does more with a ****ty roster........kobe always has great players around him.

n1e
01-07-2010, 11:17 PM
if you don't realize how great of a leader Kobe is than there is no changing your mind
clutch is making the game winning shots, making free throws in crucial moments, kobe has a MUCH higher free throw percentage than Lebron, who do you trust to shoot FT's when the game is on the line Kobe or Lebron?
Defense? Kobe hardly even plays defense anymore. Oh, and Lebron was second for defensive player of the year award last year. He's improved even more too. So I'm going to have to say you are wrong there too.LOLLOLOLOL
Kobe 1st defensive team( 2000, 2003,2004,2006,2007,2008,2009)
Kobe 2nd defensive team ( 2001, 2002)

it better be effective he's 6'8" 250, until he develops a postgame and better footwork and a jumper, he's nowhere near Kobe
Kobes flaw was and still is his lack of shot selection

LOL i'll bite

n1e
01-07-2010, 11:20 PM
lebron does more with a ****ty roster........kobe always has great players around him.

thx for reminding me, i forgot how great kwame brown and smush parker were

"and i think you meant to say kobe always makes players great around him"

Tiaios
01-07-2010, 11:25 PM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5137/pollf.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2497/poll3.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9799/poll2.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9039/umadh.jpg

stoopid
01-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I replied.

WOW! You seriously think Kobe only cried when he ran into Shaq twice? You didn't see him crying on his jump shots, with the replays showing that there was no foul? You didn't see him slamming the ball into the ground because he was so mad that the refs weren't giving him the calls that he usually gets since he was finally playing against a great team?

What the refs/gms want and what the % of making them is..is very different. They can take what they want, but I'll take a guy that makes clutch shots 30% better. Game winner? Kobe. Clutch? Lebron. The discussion started with clutch, not game winner.

Good luck when he gets older? He's doing something Kobe hasn't really done in a while. Improve in one field greatly. Last year he made a drastic change in hid defense, and this year he's working on his jumper. You're acting like this guy is the same guy that was drafted 6 years ago.

Um, that was in the past. 7x all defense? What does that have to do with last year? Oh wait, you're one of those guys that wants to compare accomplishments of 12 years to 6 years. Let's talk about this year, okay? Lebron was clearly the better defender last year and has improved even more this year. Kobe is lucky to even be all defensive first team this year. Most of his steals are from playing the passing lane, leaving his team playing 4 on 5 lots of times.

They could not double Bynum and Gasol at the same time anyways. Kobe is also rarely double teamed unless it's at the end of the game, and that's a point where Bynum and Gasol score very little. Teams just don't double Kobe like they did years ago, because there are way too many threats.

n1e
01-07-2010, 11:31 PM
LOL Tiaiois just ****ted on all the Lebron kids

/thread

EDIT: a game winner doesn't = clutch?

mind = blown

gmenfan40
01-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Lebron is the best athlete, not player. Kobe is the best player.

Coconut187
01-07-2010, 11:33 PM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9799/poll2.jpg

LOL Utah(fivas) hates Kobe.

jakobi
01-07-2010, 11:34 PM
kobe >>> lebron...anyday...

i rather have kobe take the last shot or free throw over lebron

Coconut187
01-07-2010, 11:35 PM
WOW! You seriously think Kobe only cried when he ran into Shaq twice? You didn't see him crying on his jump shots, with the replays showing that there was no foul? You didn't see him slamming the ball into the ground because he was so mad that the refs weren't giving him the calls that he usually gets since he was finally playing against a great team?

What the refs/gms want and what the % of making them is..is very different. They can take what they want, but I'll take a guy that makes clutch shots 30% better. Game winner? Kobe. Clutch? Lebron. The discussion started with clutch, not game winner.

Good luck when he gets older? He's doing something Kobe hasn't really done in a while. Improve in one field greatly. Last year he made a drastic change in hid defense, and this year he's working on his jumper. You're acting like this guy is the same guy that was drafted 6 years ago.

Um, that was in the past. 7x all defense? What does that have to do with last year? Oh wait, you're one of those guys that wants to compare accomplishments of 12 years to 6 years. Let's talk about this year, okay? Lebron was clearly the better defender last year and has improved even more this year. Kobe is lucky to even be all defensive first team this year. Most of his steals are from playing the passing lane, leaving his team playing 4 on 5 lots of times.

They could not double Bynum and Gasol at the same time anyways. Kobe is also rarely double teamed unless it's at the end of the game, and that's a point where Bynum and Gasol score very little. Teams just don't double Kobe like they did years ago, because there are way too many threats.

It's just useless arguing with someone blind.

stoopid
01-07-2010, 11:40 PM
LOL Tiaiois just ****ted on all the Lebron kids

/thread

EDIT: a game winner doesn't = clutch?

mind = blown

A game winner does count as clutch. But clutch also means the last 5 minutes of the game, or so the NBA says...the ones that make the rules and everything.

It's sort of like...a 3 pointer counts as a field goal, but it's not exactly the same.

I have no idea what Kobe's game winning percentage is, but I do know that his last 5 minute FG% is in the low 50's. Not impressed. I also know that Lebron's is in the 80's. Impressed.

Not get it or do you just fail?

Oh, and yes. A poll of FANS represents the truth.

So Michael Jordan, obviously the best of all time says that Kobe will never be the best and that Lebron COULD be.

Fans, or Jordan?

I'm sure you'll pick fans, since it's supporting what you want.

That's okay. I'm just waiting for the Lakers road swing. We'll see if they are ready to make it big or if they better hope that Artet wasn't a bust of a trade. Gasol just needs to get healthy, I hate seeing injuries and giving chances for excuses.

stoopid
01-07-2010, 11:41 PM
It's just useless arguing with someone blind.

Tell me about it, I was just arguing with this guy that was retarded.

Coconut or something like that. Avoid him, and his 2 brain cells.

Coconut187
01-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Tell me about it, I was just arguing with this guy that was retarded.

Coconut or something like that. Avoid him, and his 2 brain cells.

You have no room to talk, stoopid.

Zirob
01-07-2010, 11:46 PM
i hate threads of Lebron vs Kobe. Everybody calling each other retarded, people getting mad, nothing is resolved.

RodMan661
01-07-2010, 11:48 PM
kobe and jordan are both great, lebron is young.. he will get there but as of right now it's like kobe 11/10 jordan 11.5/10 lebron 9/10 GOOO LAKERS btw :)

stoopid
01-07-2010, 11:59 PM
You have no room to talk, stoopid.

You can't even spell it right. It's stupid, idiot.

jking.

Scorpion613
01-08-2010, 12:00 AM

I lol'd.... you just lost all your credibility. I bet you've watched no more than 2 Laker games this season.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 12:00 AM
rofl at kobe not getting double teamed..

more like people leave lebron open for 3 every time down the court

iggydiesel
01-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Cavs roster right now isn't filled with average joes. They have a lot of role players that do their jobs very well. Anderson Varejao, even though I hate sideshow bob, he leads the league in the +/- category, his rebounding, hustling, defense, and flopping make a difference in the game.

AND they have 3 guys in the Top 10 in 3 pt shooting %: Mo, Parker, and Gibson. Parker and Gibson shooting 47% with Mo shooting 45%.

I know your talkin about last year, but this year they have a nice roster and if you disagree you have no basketball knowledge.

Yes, I was talking about the last year. Nobody on Lebron's team was a stable player that can bring in his A game every game, unlike Gasol or Odom or Fisher that play well most of the time. If you haven't noticed Mike Brown didn't do anything to guide the team in playoffs, if you think that i'm wrong, then why were all of the plays like, give the ball to lebron and move out of his way?

Kobe has a great coach, probably one of the greatest out there, lebron has a coach that has no strategy to make lebron's team win important games, such as playoff games.

This year, however, I think that Lebron has a great team with good players, but once again, Shaq's deal was very questionable because of how old he is. Now they have two centers that are well over 30 (Ilgauskas 34 and Shaq 37 i think). Varejao is a great contributor as of right now, I dont know what happened to him in last years playoff but now he plays an important role in the team.

All Cavs need right now is a good coach that does not only depend on one individual to win games, but can build a great team so that LeBron can get on the same stage as Kobe or Jordan. If you dont remember, both of those had a great coach, once again... Phil Jackson.

Scorpion613
01-08-2010, 12:07 AM

Was that the same article that had Mehmet Okur above both Kobe and Lebron? :rolleyes:

He's playing with a broken index finger on the shooting hand, and still shooting 48%. Lebron has bad games too, what's your point? Btw, he shot well over 50% on all his "highest scoring games" (60, 62, 65, 81)

You're telling me the guy who walks off and doesn't shake anyone's hand after losing a game (orlando playoff series) is sending a strong message to his teammates? Lebron is the biggest sore loser in sports. Don't tell me anything about Kobe crying.

Coconut187
01-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Yes, I was talking about the last year. Nobody on Lebron's team was a stable player that can bring in his A game every game, unlike Gasol or Odom or Fisher that play well most of the time. If you haven't noticed Mike Brown didn't do anything to guide the team in playoffs, if you think that i'm wrong, then why were all of the plays like, give the ball to lebron and move out of his way?

Kobe has a great coach, probably one of the greatest out there, lebron has a coach that has no strategy to make lebron's team win important games, such as playoff games.

This year, however, I think that Lebron has a great team with good players, but once again, Shaq's deal was very questionable because of how old he is. Now they have two centers that are well over 30 (Ilgauskas 34 and Shaq 37 i think). Varejao is a great contributor as of right now, I dont know what happened to him in last years playoff but now he plays an important role in the team.

All Cavs need right now is a good coach that does not only depend on one individual to win games, but can build a great team so that LeBron can get on the same stage as Kobe or Jordan. If you dont remember, both of those had a great coach, once again... Phil Jackson.

tomcruiselaugh.gif

Scorpion613
01-08-2010, 12:12 AM
You can't even spell it right. It's stupid, idiot.

jking.

Btw, thanks for the REP. I see that your user name is very well associated with your level of intelligence.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5474/24046508.jpg

Hardcore_D00d
01-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Right now at this moment kobe is better, but in 5-10 years lebron might actually have a chance to over take the crown of the greatest of all time.

stoopid
01-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Was that the same article that had Mehmet Okur above both Kobe and Lebron? :rolleyes:

No, it was an article about Lebron and Kobe. They were the only two discussed. Nice job trying to make it look like the article had no credibility. Fail.

He's playing with a broken index finger on the shooting hand, and still shooting 48%. Lebron has bad games too, what's your point? Btw, he shot well over 50% on all his "highest scoring games" (60, 62, 65, 81)

His FG% has went UP with the broken finger. Weird, right?

Wait...you're back to years ago. HAHAHAHA!!!

You're telling me the guy who walks off and doesn't shake anyone's hand after losing a game (orlando playoff series) is sending a strong message to his teammates? Lebron is the biggest sore loser in sports. Don't tell me anything about Kobe crying.

Kobe did that twice, nice job. Bring up James doing it once, when Kobe did it twice. Would you like to to try something else?

Replied. No offense, but you give no argument. Talking to Coconut was at least entertaining, and I considered it a DEBATE, not arguing.

Talking to you just...literally makes me think I'm trying to teach someone 1+1, and why it's not 5.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Hey guys!!!!!! Dwight howard is shooting better than lebron, he is the best player ever!!11!1111!!

stoopid
01-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Btw, thanks for the REP. I see that your user name is very well associated with your level of intelligence.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5474/24046508.jpg

Maybe you should visit the Misc. a little more often. Not the sports, but the original.

It's happening to a lot of people. People neg and it gives rep.

Not my fault.

But hey, I see that you're very original in your insults and using usernames to make them.

jumpman023
01-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Awjeeznotthis****again.jpg

stoopid
01-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Hey guys!!!!!! Dwight howard is shooting better than lebron, he is the best player ever!!11!1111!!

He is? I'm willing to bet that his shooting % isn't higher.

Proof of this?

lulz, srs. Find proof of Howard's shooting %.

emmyemmy
01-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Wow!

Post in this thread saying anything but "KOBE IS THE BEST" and you get negged by the Laker fanboy possy that couldn't pass the 5th grade English class.

No wonder the Sports section isn't very popular.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 12:32 AM
He is? I'm willing to bet that his shooting % isn't higher.

Proof of this?

lulz, srs. Find proof of Howard's shooting %.

well your biggest argument seems to be FG%. lebron nd kobe are at completely different positions. why not compare howard's FG% to lebron's instead?

warbird00
01-08-2010, 12:39 AM

lol strong trolling

a better choker

2if2iO3tUcE

wat

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 12:41 AM
wow cool 1 shot. kobe has the most in history and 3 this season alone

n1e
01-08-2010, 12:43 AM
wow cool 1 shot. kobe has the most in history and 3 this season alone

this

no idea what the video was suppose to prove but okay...

stoopid
01-08-2010, 12:46 AM
well your biggest argument seems to be FG%. lebron nd kobe are at completely different positions. why not compare howard's FG% to lebron's instead?

Really? Are you serious? My biggest argument is FG%? That because I point out that Lebron scores more points per shot attempt than Kobe? Because Lebron has a much higher FG% in the last 5 minutes of games than Kobe?

If Kobe had a higher FG%, scored more points per shot, and shot higher in the last few minutes of a game, you'd be bragging about it. If Kobe averaged as many assists as Lebron, you'd bring it up.

But sadly, you don't have that option. But you have free throw %, right? Oh wait, and averaging less than 2 more points a game when he takes about 3.5 more shots a game.

Kobe is 1 inch shorter than Lebron. So why compre Howard and Lebron, when the difference is even greater? Lebron shoots 3's, Howard sticks to 9 shots a game in the paint. Big difference. If Kobe could take it to the basket like Lebron, he obviously would because it's a MUCH higher % shot. I know Lebron can do it because of his size, but look at people like Paul and Parker. WEAK guards, that can get to the paint and score often. Why not Kobe?

But I'm done arguing with you. You randomly bring Lebron up in every thread, trying to insult him saying "Lebron gets 3 points in 10 shots" when Lebron averages more points her shot than Kobe. It's pathetic. Get over it. Kobe's a great player, yes. Without a doubt. But start bragging about the Lakers and Kobe this season when they have a better record than 6-5 against winning teams. Kobe has left his own stadium 12 times this season, the lowest of any team. They are going to finally catch up in their next 15 games with the rest of the league, so we'll see how he does. Hopefully Gasol gets back soon(I haven't heard anything about when he's getting back) and hopefully they start looking like a championship team because I'd love nothing more than to see the Lakers vs Cavs in the Finals, and it NOT be because the West has weak championship material teams.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 12:49 AM
blah blah blah same bull**** every time

kobe is the best player in n b a

stoopid
01-08-2010, 12:55 AM
blah blah blah same bull**** every time

kobe is the best player in n b a

blah blah blah, same bull**** every time

You say Kobe is the best even though the only thing he can do is shoot free throws better, and hit game winners against non-great teams that should have been blown out to begin with.

Like someone said before. If Kobe had Lebron's FG%, then he would have hit at least 2 shots instead of missed them earlier in the game, meaning he wouldn't have had the chance to do a game winner because they would have been WINNING instead of LOSING.

Blah blah, same oh same oh.

So, what do you predict to be the win/loss of their next 15 games?

SpiderSense
01-08-2010, 01:34 AM
LMAO at Lebron not even being the best player in the Leastern Conference.

emmyemmy
01-08-2010, 01:47 AM
LMAO at Lebron not even being the best player in the Leastern Conference.

Even though he's won more Eastern Conference Player of the year wards?

Even though he's been ranked number 1 in the MVP race, above Kobe?

Wow. Strong Kobe dick sucking in this thread.

HamMach1
01-08-2010, 01:57 AM
I dislike both.

I'll take a D-Wade please :cool:

alphaqforever24
01-08-2010, 01:59 AM
one thing for sure is that kobe looks way smoother pulling all his moves. lebron is jus raw power rusing to the basket shooting 3s not as entertaining to watch but i can see lebron surpassing kobe in the future.

zenzone
01-08-2010, 02:03 AM
LeBron needs to get Shaq involved more with the offense. **** Shaq has 4 rings, they need him come playoff time.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 02:15 AM
Fv37ykpYk84

stoopid
01-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Fv37ykpYk84

Wait. Lebron sucks, but you are willing to take his word on something?

Weird.

Obviously he's just showing respect for a veteran player.

Jordan said it himself, just LAST season, that Kobe will NOT be as good as him or be considered the best ever, but LEBRON has a great chance to.

So, who are you going to listen to. A Lebron that you consider to be crap, or MJ, the greatest of all time?

AXnyc
01-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Fv37ykpYk84

This.

/thread

SpiderSense
01-08-2010, 02:52 AM

Weird.

Jordan said it himself, just LAST season, that Kobe will NOT be as good as him or be considered the best ever, but LEBRON has a great chance to.

So, who are you going to listen to. A Lebron that you consider to be crap, or MJ, the greatest of all time?

Fail and negged for being too much of a moron to admit when you lost.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 03:06 AM

Weird.

jordan said that kobe is the best player in nba
rodman said that kobe is the best player in nba
lebron said that kobe is the best player in nba

/thread

don't care about the future, stephen a. smith said that Monta has potential to be better than Jordan, but you don't see me fapping over it like you do. Durant has much more potential, he's taller, better shooter, younger, good finisher etc.

emmyemmy
01-08-2010, 03:10 AM

/thread

don't care about the future, stephen a. smith said that Monta has potential to be better than Jordan, but you don't see me fapping over it like you do. Durant has much more potential, he's taller, better shooter, younger, good finisher etc.

Proof of them 3 days that this year?

Or are you STILL going to just talk about seasons ago?

Because in that case, I can show you proof of Kobe's owner saying Lebron is better than him. Kobe's OWNER.

But let's talk about this year. Not years ago. So got any proof that they said that this season? Or are you going to just keep bringing up old stuff?

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 03:38 AM
Proof of them 3 days that this year?

Or are you STILL going to just talk about seasons ago?

Because in that case, I can show you proof of Kobe's owner saying Lebron is better than him. Kobe's OWNER.

But let's talk about this year. Not years ago. So got any proof that they said that this season? Or are you going to just keep bringing up old stuff?

-sTlxfIEx2I

FBqL2ikTgGY

now shut your ugly trolling ass up and get back to the kitchen bitch

btw strong english

Tiaios
01-08-2010, 03:55 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWOwv0tqtwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWOwv0tqtwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Atlas_Army
01-08-2010, 07:09 AM
I was gonna just lurk this thread but GSwarrior pretty much shut the trolls down. Lol at stoopid now making invalid arguements.

If everybody in the nba is saying kobe > lebron, your arguements = invalid

PimpnUse2BeEz
01-08-2010, 08:06 AM
your definition of best player would be nice.

Chris Paul can be considered as the best player because of what he creates around him.

Toughest to guard could be Aaron Brooks because there isnt anyone even close to his speed off the dribble.

Best all around player in the NBA, I would go with Melo.

MontelWilliams
01-08-2010, 08:07 AM
agreed

lebron>kome

Bulldog0520
01-08-2010, 08:16 AM
I was gonna just lurk this thread but GSwarrior pretty much shut the trolls down. Lol at stoopid now making invalid arguements.

If everybody in the nba is saying kobe > lebron, your arguements = invalid

Everyone but Jerry West.

But holy **** there's a lot of BS in this thread. People are so biased one way or another, not able to give credit to both players and realize that it's pointless to argue it, because both players are easily the two best in the league.

LeBron does need a coach though if he wants to have a chance to go down as the best player ever. He has all the tools as a player, and his game will keep maturing as he gets older, but he needs someone that will hold him accountable and push him further than he's been pushed. Mike Brown is just fuking horrible and lets LeBron do whatever he wants.

justin8684
01-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Did Kobe retire in the past day? Unaware.

Greg1983
01-08-2010, 09:10 AM

If Lebron had Kendrick Perkins' FG% then he would have made a shot earlier in the game. BRB comparing different positions.

emmyemmy
01-08-2010, 11:28 AM
-sTlxfIEx2I

FBqL2ikTgGY

now shut your ugly trolling ass up and get back to the kitchen bitch

btw strong english

That is cool and all, but I said this season. Not last year. Why are you so hell bent on bringing up things from past seasons instead of the CURRENT year?

I love how you get so defensive when someone asks you to prove a point. The best part is that you bring past seasons in every defense.

Sort of like you saying that Lebron only gets 3 points per 10 shots when Lebron gets more points per shot than Kobe.

And how you said that Paul being a good defender is news to you, even though he was on the all defensive team last year.

Strong English because I used 1 word wrong? I was up for nearly 24 hours at that point filling out papers for college. I was pretty tired. Seeing your grammar and saying that is just more proof that you're hypocritical.

JMB987
01-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Holy crap people actually think Paul is a good defender? Strong low bball IQ in this thread.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 11:58 AM
That is cool and all, but I said this season. Not last year. Why are you so hell bent on bringing up things from past seasons instead of the CURRENT year?

I love how you get so defensive when someone asks you to prove a point. The best part is that you bring past seasons in every defense.

Sort of like you saying that Lebron only gets 3 points per 10 shots when Lebron gets more points per shot than Kobe.

And how you said that Paul being a good defender is news to you, even though he was on the all defensive team last year.

Strong English because I used 1 word wrong? I was up for nearly 24 hours at that point filling out papers for college. I was pretty tired. Seeing your grammar and saying that is just more proof that you're hypocritical.

It's not past season you dumbass jesus christ..AUGUST=/=2008-2009 season. It was summer before this season. Kobe is playing BETTER than he did last year so that shouldn't change anything. Rodman said it this season.

Lmao yeah and Lebron won DPOY. The only thing Paul has going for him is playing passing lanes and his quickness. He's a very average on-ball defender hence Chauncey and Deron killing him everytime they play.

blah blah blah, then go to sleep bitch.

Holy crap people actually think Paul is a good defender? Strong low bball IQ in this thread.

lol this

stoopid
01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
It's not past season you dumbass jesus christ..AUGUST=/=2008-2009 season. It was summer before this season. Kobe is playing BETTER than he did last year so that shouldn't change anything. Rodman said it this season.

Lmao yeah and Lebron won DPOY. The only thing Paul has going for him is playing passing lanes and his quickness. He's a very average on-ball defender hence Chauncey and Deron killing him everytime they play.

blah blah blah, then go to sleep bitch.

lol this

So you're saying it's not this season like she asked? Why are you so butt hurt because you can't bring up something from THIS season? You make a claim, and you bring up old information as proof, and expect to be taken seirously?

He's not a GREAT defender, but you flat out said he wasn't even good. Most of his steals ARE from playing the passing lanes, but he does it better than Kobe and that's where Kobe gets his steals. So why are you always insulting other players when they do things better than Kobe, and then you get all butt hurt when we bring it up?

Onita
01-08-2010, 12:09 PM
So you're saying it's not this season like she asked? Why are you so butt hurt because you can't bring up something from THIS season? You make a claim, and you bring up old information as proof, and expect to be taken seirously?

He's not a GREAT defender, but you flat out said he wasn't even good. Most of his steals ARE from playing the passing lanes, but he does it better than Kobe and that's where Kobe gets his steals. So why are you always insulting other players when they do things better than Kobe, and then you get all butt hurt when we bring it up?

You're arguing with gswarrior in a LeBron/Kobe thread. You should know better.

dogyo
01-08-2010, 12:10 PM

well you're 5'5"...so your opinion doesn't matter.

n1e
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM

that's a new one LOL

dogyo
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
that's a new one LOL

that's a new comeback LOL

HamMach1
01-08-2010, 12:20 PM
outb4****storm

inb4 **** storm

We called it.

neelb_24
01-08-2010, 12:54 PM

/thread

so the list of players who's nuts you're on so far is: kobe, wade, monta

are you telling us durant is gonna make an appearance on that list too in the future?

from this season till the next year or 2, kobe = best in league

2 years down the road, lebron will take over

/stupid arguments

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM

are you telling us durant is gonna make an appearance on that list too in the future?

so we have a civil discussion here with respectable posters of sport section and you come here with your ugly ass and start talking about male nuts? well ain't that a surprise.

Bulldog0520
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM

Durant is a monster. Will not be surprised if he goes down as a top 3 offensive player of all time.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 01:00 PM
durant is a monster. Will not be surprised if he goes down as a top 3 offensive player of all time.

zomg you are on his nuts!!!!111!!11111

JMB987
01-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Fundamentals/foot work? Kobe
Post game? Kobe
Defense? Kobe
Tenacity? Kobe
Mid range jump shot? Kobe
Three point shooting? Kobe
FT shooting? Kobe
Taking the last shot of the game? Kobe

Athleticism? Lebron
Driving ability? Lebron
OMGZ da dunks? Lebron
Dancing ability? Lebron

oh yeah, and 4 rings, 0 rings.

/thread

kooldude
01-08-2010, 01:12 PM
This is like the worst form of debate ever. hahahaha

No one is actually giving a reasonable argument for either side.

But the right answer is Lebron. Stats, even advanced stats, team success (based on team makeup), objective observations, overall impact all point to Lebron as the better player.

And regarding Lebron saying Kobe is the better player; he hasn't said that in years now. Mainly bc he doens't feel that way anymore. Jordan and Rodman (HAHA) are worthless opinions.

JMB987
01-08-2010, 01:19 PM

But the right answer is Lebron. Stats, even advanced stats, team success (based on team makeup), objective observations, overall impact all point to Lebron as the better player.

And regarding Lebron saying Kobe is the better player; he hasn't said that in years now. Mainly bc he doens't feel that way anymore. Jordan and Rodman (HAHA) are worthless opinions.

I love the lebron stat boys. Do anything to cover up the fact that he has 0 rings.

neelb_24
01-08-2010, 01:23 PM
so we have a civil discussion here with respectable posters of sport section and you come here with your ugly ass and start talking about male nuts? well ain't that a surprise.

just following in your trolling footsteps

GO LAKERS, HEAT, WARRIORS, THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Durant is a monster. Will not be surprised if he goes down as a top 3 offensive player of all time.

He's a beast...but top 3 offensive player of all time???

TIlaugh.jpg

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 01:23 PM

60 minutes was filmed in 2009 :/

you fail.

Blasphemy
01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
he's not a better scorer

/thread

FryDude
01-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Maybe you should visit the Misc. a little more often. Not the sports, but the original.

It's happening to a lot of people. People neg and it gives rep.

Not my fault.

But hey, I see that you're very original in your insults and using usernames to make them.

No, people usually forget to hit neg.

MontelWilliams
01-08-2010, 01:52 PM

and you're one to talk? it seems like every post you attack people by saying take his balls/penis out of your mouth or phaggot

phaggot

PUDfumes
01-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Kobe is a better overall player but Lebron is far more entertaining to watch. Plus Kobe plays for LA, easily one of the worst cities in the history of cities.

nocbrute
01-08-2010, 02:20 PM
It is pretty clear to all of us that LeBron James is a better scorer than Kobe and a the toughest player to guard, no questions asked. Only thing is separating him and Kobe are the rings that Kobe has, but LeBron's time will come soon... either in Cleveland or New York... lol

kobe has a higher PPG, argument fail.

MontelWilliams
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
kobe has a higher PPG, argument fail.

lebron has a higher career ppg

nocbrute
01-08-2010, 02:24 PM
lebron has a higher career ppg

season>career

another fail point.

brb gonna compare two players that are in their primes in the nba with stats from when they werent

JMB987
01-08-2010, 02:28 PM
PPG is a bad statistic anyways to determine who is the better scorer. Kobe IS the better scorer, there's really no debate. You can just clog the lane with lebron and force him to take a jumper. While his shot has gotten significantly better since he has been in the league, its still not on the same level as Kobe's J (nor will it ever).

nocbrute
01-08-2010, 02:42 PM
PPG is a bad statistic anyways to determine who is the better scorer. Kobe IS the better scorer, there's really no debate. You can just clog the lane with lebron and force him to take a jumper. While his shot has gotten significantly better since he has been in the league, its still not on the same level as Kobe's J (nor will it ever).

this.
lebrick is getting better, but hes nowhere CLOSE to kobe. Kobes literally MJesque now, i dont think anyone will be able to say anything like that about lebron anytime soon.

MontelWilliams
01-08-2010, 02:45 PM
this.
lebrick is getting better, but hes nowhere CLOSE to kobe. Kobes literally MJesque now, i dont think anyone will be able to say anything like that about lebron anytime soon.

no wonder you are red

nocbrute
01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
no wonder you are red

another great rebuttal.
gtfo ***got.
lebrick has a horrendus shot, while kobes scoring with a broken index, L O L.

MontelWilliams
01-08-2010, 02:56 PM
another great rebuttal.
gtfo ***got.
lebrick has a horrendus shot, while kobes scoring with a broken index, L O L.

what is lebron's fg% and 3pt% and compare them to kome's

SpiderSense
01-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Not only is Kobe better, but I think by the time Lebron is better than Kobe, Durant will be better than Lebron.

Lulz at Lebron never being the best player in the NBA.

nocbrute
01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Not only is Kobe better, but I think by the time Lebron is better than Kobe, Durant will be better than Lebron.

yeah, i think when kobe retires its gonna be between durant and roy.

SpiderSense
01-08-2010, 03:00 PM
True Roy is also a beast.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 03:01 PM
what is lebron's fg% and 3pt% and compare them to kome's

lebrick is a forward
what's lebrick's mid range/close jumpshot %?
you are a homo

SpiderSense
01-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Man seems like Kobe's finger is always broken he should just cut them off.

Coconut187
01-08-2010, 03:10 PM

Kobe Bryant with no fingers at all is better than Sasha Vujacic.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 03:11 PM

and attach the extra one to lebron so he can finally hit a freethrow

amirite?

FryDude
01-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Kobe vs. LBJ is a circular argument that will never cease to exist. I wouldn't say LeBron is a horrendous shooter by any stretch, he's not great but one thing he's consistently improved upon ever since entering the league has been his jumper.

JMB987
01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/ftpymp.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/383/lbji.jpg

JMB987
01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Its really interesting how bad LBJ's midrange game is

SpiderSense
01-08-2010, 03:27 PM
and attach the extra one to lebron so he can finally hit a freethrow

amirite?

Could just always give him the finger.

You know, as a gift.

Bulldog0520
01-08-2010, 03:33 PM

TIlaugh.jpg

Uh, yes. brb, being 21 and averaging 28 PPG. The league has never seen anything like him. His shot is unguardable, and he's one of the hardest workers in the league.

this.

You can say LeBron is very MJ-esque in the way Jordan played early in his career. Filled up the stat sheets, shot a high % by getting to the hoop. LeBron has never played with another legitimate all-star, it's impossible to win in professional sports without any help. You guys jump on this like it's some sort of defining argument, when really it's a cop out when comparing two individual players because their circumstances have been completely different. There's no doubt LeBron can lead a team, he's already proven that.

lmao. You can't be serious. Durant will never be the all-around player LeBron is.

Its really interesting how bad LBJ's midrange game is

39%. But he's still shooting 50% from the field...so what the hell does it matter how he scores?

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 03:36 PM
^ that a good paint defender like battier or g. wallace will own him easier than kobe or roy

brb being in his 14th season averaging 30ppg. league has never seen anything like him before

SpiderSense
01-08-2010, 03:42 PM
And numbers inflated by dunks.

Not everybody is gonna give you a free lane to the bucket, and the refs aren't always gonna bail you out.

That's why Lebron fails in the playoffs and his mom cries, cause if you wanna go to the bucket you're gonna get pounded.

It's up to Lebron to elevate his game, or else he won't win if he relies on an inside/outside game with no mid-range consistency.

JMB987
01-08-2010, 03:57 PM
39%. But he's still shooting 50% from the field...so what the hell does it matter how he scores?

Because when he starts to hit his late 20s and he starts to lose some of his speed and athleticism, his game will take a nose dive. It's Kobe's amazing fundamentals that's allowed him to play at a high level for so long.

Playoffs are also a different story. It's a lot harder to continue to score at a high percentage when all you do is drive. When you play a team 4-7 times in a row, it's easy to figure out a player.

Bulldog0520
01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
^ that a good paint defender like battier or g. wallace will own him easier than kobe or roy

brb being in his 14th season averaging 30ppg. league has never seen anything like him before

...not sure where I discredited Kobe and why you'd bring him up. I was talking about Durant.

And numbers inflated by dunks.

Not everybody is gonna give you a free lane to the bucket, and the refs aren't always gonna bail you out.

That's why Lebron fails in the playoffs and his mom cries, cause if you wanna go to the bucket you're gonna get pounded.

It's up to Lebron to elevate his game, or else he won't win if he relies on an inside/outside game with no mid-range consistency.

lol @ numbers inflated by dunks. Great argument. Last time I checked a dunk still counts for two points, the same as a mid-range jump shot. He averaged 38.5 PPG in the eastern finals against the reigning defensive MVP while shooting 48%. You guys act like LeBron is supposed to be able to win everything on his own, while the fact is NOBODY has ever won on their own. Kobe couldn't get out of the first round by himself, Jordan didn't win until he had Pippen.

JMB987
01-08-2010, 04:07 PM
^I agree that nobody can win on their own but don't bring up the argument of "Kobe couldn't get out of the first round". That's because he was in the west. He would have easily gotten out of the first round (and maybe further) if he played in the east. Hell he took a starting lineup of:

Smush Parker
Kobe
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown

To 7 games with the Phoenix Suns in the 05/06 season. The suns were one of the best teams in the league that year (54 wins). That's probably a better accomplishment than getting out of the first round in the east considering:
1)how weak the east was/is
2)his supporting cast.

SpiderSense
01-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Nobody can win on their own except Lebron :rolleyes:

And when Lebron doesn't win it's his teams fault.

And when he loses, Moe Williams is suddenly not an All-Star.

And when Ilgauskas was an All-Star the excuse was James was too young.

Every year it's a new excuse.

Bulldog0520
01-08-2010, 04:14 PM
^I agree that nobody can win on their own but don't bring up the argument of "Kobe couldn't get out of the first round". That's because he was in the west. He would have easily gotten out of the first round (and maybe further) if he played in the east. Hell he took a starting lineup of:

Smush Parker
Kobe
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown

To 7 games with the Phoenix Suns in the 05/06 season. The suns were one of the best teams in the league that year (54 wins). That's probably a better accomplishment than getting out of the first round in the east considering:
1)how weak the east was/is
2)his supporting cast.

The year they went to 7 with the Suns was the year they didn't have Amare, and the Lakers also had a 3-1 lead in that series, before collapsing and having an especially embarrassing game 7 that Kobe fans would like to forget. And look at the supporting cast LeBron took to the finals. I agree about the East being weaker, no argument there. This is why I said to begin with that it's pretty pointless to argue who's better because you can go round and round, but most people are extremely biased one way or another so it turns into a ****fest like this thread has become.

JMB987
01-08-2010, 04:22 PM
^with the exception of a few comments, I think this thread has been pretty civil lol.

Anyways, my overall opinion on Lebron is that he is an amazing, athletic, freak of nature but I question how long he will be able to keep it up. He lacks the fundamentals (right now) that will keep him playing at a high level for a long period of time. He's the clear #2 guy in the NBA (and yes, I know he has a case for being the best but I don't agree) but he still needs to win at least a ring or two until he will be on Kobe's level.

note2self
01-08-2010, 04:33 PM
What fundamentals does LeBron lack that will keep him from playing a long time? That doesn't even make sense.

Bulldog0520
01-08-2010, 04:34 PM
^with the exception of a few comments, I think this thread has been pretty civil lol.

Anyways, my overall opinion on Lebron is that he is an amazing, athletic, freak of nature but I question how long he will be able to keep it up. He lacks the fundamentals (right now) that will keep him playing at a high level for a long period of time. He's the clear #2 guy in the NBA (and yes, I know he has a case for being the best but I don't agree) but he still needs to win at least a ring or two until he will be on Kobe's level.

It's been pretty civil, i was more so talking about the retarded arguments people have against both players to try to make it look like there's a margin between them either way.

I think LeBron will be fine. He's gotten better each year he's been in the league, his career and style of play will naturally progress. I'm not sure what you could mean by fundamentals, other than maybe footwork in the post or his mid-range game, but again...that's just a part of the natural progression as he'll start relying less and less on his athletic ability. He's extremely smart and understands the game, so it shouldn't be an issue.

JMB987
01-08-2010, 04:35 PM
What fundamentals does LeBron lack that will keep him from playing a long time? That doesn't even make sense.

Foot work, post game, shooting form

neelb_24
01-08-2010, 04:48 PM
ppg is a bad statistic anyways to determine who is the better scorer. Kobe is the better scorer, there's really no debate. You can just clog the lane with lebron and force him to take a jumper. While his shot has gotten significantly better since he has been in the league, its still not on the same level as kobe's j (nor will it ever).

the all-mighty negrodamus hath spoken

note2self
01-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Foot work, post game, shooting form

His shooting form won't prevent him from having a long, successful career. He can still score at will. Besides, his shooting from isn't THAT bad (although it definitely needs work). Footwork? Post game? These are things that Lebron doesn't excel at, yes. His size, speed, and natural basketball IQ and skill will allow him to have a long career.

emmyemmy
01-08-2010, 05:06 PM

This is between Kobe and Lebron. So please don't start attacking others just because you do not agree with them. It's not his fault he's 5'5", so why are you bashing him for it? I've always thought that when someone starts attacking you personally in a debate, it's a sign that they are losing and mad about it.

Yes, Lebron doesn't have a great post game. BUT, if you've watched any of his games this year you will notice that he has been working on it. The thing is, why do you need to learn EVERY aspect of the game at his age? He's still learning, and right now he's so dominant in attacking the basket that he has no use for a perfected post up game. When you are 70+ % in the paint, higher than all power forwards and centers in the league, you are allowed to use it as your main option while you go season after season working on your shot and post up game.

neelb_24
01-08-2010, 05:10 PM
This is between Kobe and Lebron. So please don't start attacking others just because you do not agree with them. It's not his fault he's 5'5", so why are you bashing him for it? I've always thought that when someone starts attacking you personally in a debate, it's a sign that they are losing and mad about it.

Yes, Lebron doesn't have a great post game. BUT, if you've watched any of his games this year you will notice that he has been working on it. The thing is, why do you need to learn EVERY aspect of the game at his age? He's still learning, and right now he's so dominant in attacking the basket that he has no use for a perfected post up game. When you are 70+ % in the paint, higher than all power forwards and centers in the league, you are allowed to use it as your main option while you go season after season working on your shot and post up game.

please leave the sports talk to the men...

ham, lettuce, pepperjack cheese, southwest sauce all on white bread

i'd also like a dr. pepper and some sweet heat chips

CHOP CHOP

emmyemmy
01-08-2010, 05:18 PM
please leave the sports talk to the men...

ham, lettuce, pepperjack cheese, southwest sauce all on white bread

i'd also like a dr. pepper and some sweet heat chips

CHOP CHOP

I'll listen to you when you have more muscle than the average girl, Mr. 155 pounder.

neelb_24
01-08-2010, 05:24 PM
I'll listen to you when you have more muscle than the average girl, Mr. 155 pounder.

average girls have 155lb of muscle? dunno if srs...

I've always thought that when someone starts attacking you personally in a debate, it's a sign that they are losing and mad about it.

THEY SEE ME TROLLLINNNN

note2self
01-08-2010, 05:28 PM
"THEY SEE ME TROLLLINNNN" lmao

Either way, people need to quit talking about LeBrons career and the fundamentals. Yall act like he has no basketball skill and it's almost 100% athleticism. Go watch a guy like that play in real life and then tell me if his career won't last that long due to "footwork, shooting form, and a weak post game"

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 05:30 PM
...not sure where I discredited Kobe and why you'd bring him up. I was talking about Durant.

lol @ numbers inflated by dunks. Great argument. Last time I checked a dunk still counts for two points, the same as a mid-range jump shot. He averaged 38.5 PPG in the eastern finals against the reigning defensive MVP while shooting 48%. You guys act like LeBron is supposed to be able to win everything on his own, while the fact is NOBODY has ever won on their own. Kobe couldn't get out of the first round by himself, Jordan didn't win until he had Pippen.

The year they went to 7 with the Suns was the year they didn't have Amare, and the Lakers also had a 3-1 lead in that series, before collapsing and having an especially embarrassing game 7 that Kobe fans would like to forget. And look at the supporting cast LeBron took to the finals. I agree about the East being weaker, no argument there. This is why I said to begin with that it's pretty pointless to argue who's better because you can go round and round, but most people are extremely biased one way or another so it turns into a ****fest like this thread has become.

suns were better than any team in the eastern conference. cavs wouldnt even make playoffs in the western conference his first couple years lulz.

lmao, neelb got told

but yea stfu woman, nobody cares about your opinion and nobody reads your essays about SPORTS.

emmyemmy
01-08-2010, 05:31 PM
average girls have 155lb of muscle? dunno if srs...

THEY SEE ME TROLLLINNNN

You weigh 155 pounds. The fact that you think that that means you have 155 pounds of muscle not only shows how weak you are in the gym, but how ignorant you are to think that organs/bones/ect. have no weight to them.

No wonder you're sexist.

neelb_24
01-08-2010, 05:35 PM
You weigh 155 pounds. The fact that you think that that means you have 155 pounds of muscle not only shows how weak you are in the gym, but how ignorant you are to think that organs/bones/ect. have no weight to them.

No wonder you're sexist.

http://16.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_koynya3yLm1qzma4ho1_500.jpg

JMB987
01-08-2010, 05:39 PM
155 lbs at 5'7 isn't that small depending on BF%. That's comparable to 180+ lbs at 5'10. Strong ignorance.

kooldude
01-08-2010, 05:45 PM
I love the lebron stat boys. Do anything to cover up the fact that he has 0 rings.

I'm not a lebron fan boy; Kobe is actually my fav player. But that doesn't mean I have to ignore almost all objective evidence and what I see.

If you want to get into it why Lebron or Kobe is better; I'm game. You can start.

60 minutes was filmed in 2009 :/

you fail.

Well, a year ago* then. :)

So I watched and I believe Lebron thinks he is the best player. He is a modest dude but you can sense that he is ready to accept his place as the best player. And besides, why do we care what Lebron thinks? Paul Pierce probably still thinks he is the best player in the NBA right now. It's all about overall impact which Lebron clearly wins in. Kobe is the more skilled player but Lebron is the better player.

Greg1983
01-08-2010, 05:46 PM
155 lbs at 5'7 isn't that small depending on BF%. That's comparable to 180+ lbs at 5'10. Strong ignorance.

All you're doing is pointing out that he failed to put on size vertically as well.

Daewoo_Lanos
01-08-2010, 05:47 PM
agreed

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 05:48 PM
agreed

http://www.coolspic.com/data/media/90/daewoo_lanos_5.jpg

stfu

neelb_24
01-08-2010, 05:52 PM
All you're doing is pointing out that he failed to put on size vertically as well.

bahahha teach me how to get taller?

IronBuilt
01-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Lebron isn't as clutch as Kobe. In the final minutes of the game, I want Kobe to get the ball if you're a Laker, and if you're the opponent, Kobe is the last person you want to get the ball. I can live with Lebron during late game situations. Also it's all about championships. Kobe got 4 championships to Lebron's 0. Lebron is in the weak east.

JMB987
01-08-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm not a lebron fan boy; Kobe is actually my fav player. But that doesn't mean I have to ignore almost all objective evidence and what I see.

If you want to get into it why Lebron or Kobe is better; I'm game. You can start.

Please see the past few pages of the thread. http://assets.bodybuilding.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Daewoo_Lanos
01-08-2010, 05:54 PM
http://www.coolspic.com/data/media/90/daewoo_lanos_5.jpg

stfu

http://image.lyricspond.com/image/c/artist-carl-thomas/album-emotional/cd-cover.jpg

lacey23
01-08-2010, 06:05 PM

TIlaugh.jpg

I wouldn;t really be shocked either. He's on pace for 12.7 winshares, and 23.5 PER.

Here's the list of people to accomplish that.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&is_playoffs=N&year_min=1947&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-3&age_min=18&age_max=21&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=per&c1comp=gt&c1val=23.5&c2stat=ws&c2comp=gt&c2val=12.5&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=ws

kooldude
01-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Please see the past few pages of the thread. http://assets.bodybuilding.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

oh by start, I would actually require you to present a credible argument. I hope you understand. :)

kooldude
01-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Lebron isn't as clutch as Kobe. In the final minutes of the game, I want Kobe to get the ball if you're a Laker, and if you're the opponent, Kobe is the last person you want to get the ball. I can live with Lebron during late game situations. Also it's all about championships. Kobe got 4 championships to Lebron's 0. Lebron is in the weak east.

Lebron has better numbers in the clutch across the board the past few years.

4 seconds or less, I would have to agree to give it to Kobe.

kooldude
01-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I wouldn;t really be shocked either. He's on pace for 12.7 winshares, and 23.5 PER.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&is_playoffs=N&year_min=1947&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-3&age_min=18&age_max=21&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=per&c1comp=gt&c1val=23.5&c2stat=ws&c2comp=gt&c2val=12.5&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=ws

Top 3 offensive ever is almost impossible for Durant unless he develops an elite passing ability and even then, it's a high climb.

I would be uber-impressive if he even breaks top 20.

stoopid
01-08-2010, 06:16 PM

The East has 3 out of the 4 championship material teams. Weak?

The Cavs also dominated the West's best team. Weak?

Robert Horry has 7 rings. Is he better than Kobe?

lacey23
01-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Top 3 offensive ever is almost impossible for Durant unless he develops an elite passing ability and even then, it's a high climb.

After thinking about it, top 3 is a touch high. Could happen, but not likely. I wouldn't say almost impossible though.

I think top 10 he has a pretty good chance

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 06:19 PM
The East has 3 out of the 4 championship material teams. Weak?

The Cavs also dominated the West's best team. Weak?

Robert Horry has 7 rings. Is he better than Kobe?

wat?

wat?

you are an idiot

MontelWilliams
01-08-2010, 06:22 PM
http://420.thrashbarg.net/i_like_where_this_thread_is_going_ship_heading_int o_epic_storm.jpg

stoopid
01-08-2010, 06:25 PM
wat?

wat?

you are an idiot

Oh. There you are again. Someone points out a flaw that YOU don't like, so you start throwing personal insults.

Don't you have anything better to do in your life than support a guy that you can't even defend properly?

JMB987
01-08-2010, 06:29 PM
oh by start, I would actually require you to present a credible argument. I hope you understand. :)

Please, tell me where I'm wrong:

Post game? Kobe
Defense? Kobe
Tenacity? Kobe
FT shooting? Kobe

Athleticism? Lebron
Driving ability? Lebron
OMGZ da dunks? Lebron
Dancing ability? Lebron

/thread

stoopid
01-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Post game? Kobe
Defense? Kobe
Tenacity? Kobe
FT shooting? Kobe

Athleticism? Lebron
Driving ability? Lebron
OMGZ da dunks? Lebron
Dancing ability? Lebron

Please, tell me where I'm wrong:

Defense and 3 point shooting for Kobe? Seriously?

What about offense? Do you consider someone that scores 1.3 more points on nearly 4 more shots a game better offensively? Do you consider someone that not only gets less points per shot attempt but less assists as well a better offensive player?

It's funny that you are trying to pick out the few things Kobe does better, and make Lebron's look like a joke.

But still...I seriously can't believe you said Kobe for defense and 3 point shooting. Lebron takes half/full court 3's at the end of buzzers while Kobe will only do it if the game is on the line, yet his % is STILL higher.

4 rings to 0? Let me ask you this then. Is Robert Horry better than Kobe since he has 7 rings? Why not give Lebron 6 more years to get his ring, since it took Kobe 12 years to get his first ring as the leader of a team.

neelb_24
01-08-2010, 06:48 PM

he's pretty good and shows potential but let's be reality

if you think he's gonna pass the likes of MJ, Kobe, AI, Lebron, Wade, Melo (last 3 have a better chance IMO than Durant in the long run), plus countless big men (such as Shaq)... you must be smoking some OG Kush or White Widow or some****!

also those are just players that i've seen play in recent years. let's not forget the all time greats like Bird, Magic Johnson, Wilt, etc..

this

kooldude
01-08-2010, 06:50 PM
After thinking about it, top 3 is a touch high. Could happen, but not likely. I wouldn't say almost impossible though.

I think top 10 he has a pretty good chance

idk about that.

Off the top of my head:

Magic
MJ
Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
Bird
Nash
Barkley
West?
Oscar?

I def miss alot of players, some more deserving but for Durant to top that list, he needs to be truly great.

kooldude
01-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Post game? Kobe
Defense? Kobe
Tenacity? Kobe WTF HAHA
FT shooting? Kobe

Athleticism? Lebron
Driving ability? Lebron
OMGZ da dunks? Lebron
Dancing ability? Lebron

/thread

Bold is where you're wrong or just funnies.

You mention most skill-based areas which I already stated that Kobe is the (much) more skilled player. That does not equate to being a better player. If that was true, Brad Miller would be a better player than a prime Shaq.

lacey23
01-08-2010, 07:04 PM
he's pretty good and shows potential but let's be reality

if you think he's gonna pass the likes of MJ, Kobe, AI, Lebron, Wade, Melo (last 3 have a better chance IMO than Durant in the long run), plus countless big men (such as Shaq)... you must be smoking some OG Kush or White Widow or some****!

also those are just players that i've seen play in recent years. let's not forget the all time greats like Bird, Magic Johnson, Wilt, etc..

Iverson doesn;t belong in this conversation at all. He's a career .519ts% scorer, and a blackhole. Durant stands a good chance to get past Wade, and Melo too imo. He's putting up 28ppg on .589ts%. Wade was still in college at this age. And Melo isn't exactly amazing.

idk about that.

Off the top of my head:

Magic
MJ
Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
Bird
Nash
Barkley
West?
Oscar?

I def miss alot of players, some more deserving but for Durant to top that list, he needs to be truly great.

Imo he's capible of putting up prime T-Mac #'s, in his prime. If he can get to that level, and do it for a long period of time, while going deep into the playoffs often I think he stands a good chance to be mentioned in that kind of conversation.

I mean take a look at the kind of company that have done what he's done at this age, and the levels they got to.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 07:28 PM
lulz

sometimes i can't tell if lebron's fans are joking or are mentally challenged

MontelWilliams
01-08-2010, 07:47 PM
lulz

sometimes i can't tell if kobe's fans are joking or are mentally challenged

fixed

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 07:52 PM
fixed

well I know that you are mentally challenged, I was wondering if it's the same for all lebron fans or just a couple

stoopid
01-08-2010, 07:55 PM
lulz

sometimes i can't tell if lebron's fans are joking or are mentally challenged

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/140/l_3e05ab4bf89c47b68c5c91d4f060773e.jpg

neelb_24
01-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Bold is where you're wrong or just funnies.

You mention most skill-based areas which I already stated that Kobe is the (much) more skilled player. That does not equate to being a better player. If that was true, Brad Miller would be a better player than a prime Shaq.

why did you bold "taking the last shot in the game"?

that's the one category that he's unanimously agreed upon to be the best at when compared to all the players in today's game..

free816
01-08-2010, 09:25 PM

how can you say this with a straight face? yes he could be better at the free throw line, but that kid's fundamentals are tight. lbj will go down as the greatest player of all time b4 he is done. once he gets it thru his head to finally attack from below the free throw line, with early post ups (would help playing with a legit good lead guard) instead of at the top of the key, (which allows 3 and 4 help defenders) he could avg 35plus easy.

here is the difference in lbj and kobe, kobe is a 2 guard thats it, while he is a top 10 all time player thats all kobe is, he would be a very good 3, and a avg pg. lbj has the potential to be a all star at every spot on the floor but center (playing it in a traditonally role)
lbj is a better passer, rebounder, shot blocker, kobe is better from mid range, on the block, and a defender. lbj accepting playing closer to the basket, and guarding the other teams best player all the time he shoots right by kobe.
kobe always gets shafted for his first 3 rings, bullchit, yea shaq was a force, kobe has been a top 3 player in the assoc. the last 12 freaking years. phil reigned him in more so than d. smith reeled in mike at unc

hotamales
01-08-2010, 09:35 PM
blah blah blah, same bull**** every time

You say Kobe is the best even though the only thing he can do is shoot free throws better, and hit game winners against non-great teams that should have been blown out to begin with.

Like someone said before. If Kobe had Lebron's FG%, then he would have hit at least 2 shots instead of missed them earlier in the game, meaning he wouldn't have had the chance to do a game winner because they would have been WINNING instead of LOSING.

Blah blah, same oh same oh.

So, what do you predict to be the win/loss of their next 15 games?

I was thinking you were smart until that...

Lol you're ****ing retarded

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 11:24 PM
both suck lulz

brb 9 turnovers
brb taking 37 shots

neelb_24
01-08-2010, 11:30 PM
both suck lulz

brb 9 turnovers
brb taking 37 shots

lol both teams did pretty ****ty today

what do you gotta say about lebron making 2 clutch 3's in the final minute of the game? (even though they still lost)

Lloyd Braun
01-08-2010, 11:32 PM

what do you gotta say about lebron making 2 clutch 3's in the final minute of the game? (even though they still lost)

LeBron is shooting 12% on end of the quarter baskets this season.

LeIso = LeFail.

http://numbersdont.com/?p=580

4thgen
01-08-2010, 11:51 PM
LeBron is shooting 12% on end of the quarter baskets this season.

LeIso = LeFail.

Besides they said that they weren't going to count layups/dunks and was not coutning any type of shot attempt if he had possession for more than 10 seconds, and they aren't counting anything that is more than a 1 posession game.

Yea, read the article. They are obviously trying to take everything away to make Lebron look bad.

gswarrior510
01-08-2010, 11:58 PM

so? it was his fault he got them that far with his 8 turnovers and airballs

besides, they were down 3 when he turned it over which pretty much sealed the game for denver..

fail

4thgen
01-08-2010, 11:59 PM

Lebron
43% FG
7 assists
6 boards
8 turnovers
35 points

Kobe
38%
7 assists
8 boards
5 turnovers
32 points

I'd say Lebron played better than Kobe. Considering he was actually able to still score over 1 point per shot attempt with 1.25 points per shot which is only around .04 less than Kobe's season average.

4thgen
01-09-2010, 12:04 AM
so? it was his fault he got them that far with his 8 turnovers and airballs

besides, they were down 3 when he turned it over which pretty much sealed the game for denver..

fail

Lebron had +6 efficience in that game. He can't help that when he gets out, the Cavs blow it.

Hey, how does it feel watching Kobe score less than 1 point per shot attempt? He really is a great player, isn't he?

And I'll take missing 3 more turnovers over missing 9 shots any day. 37 shots to score 32 points while commiting 5 turnovers, and you're going to bang on Lebron he blew LESS plays than Kobe? You need to go spend more time in the gym and less time making yourself look like an idiot on a forums about body building. I'm sure there are some websites around here full of sissy girls that are too stupid to see the truth; go look for it, you'd fit in perfectly.

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 12:05 AM
yeah and the "clutch" turnover to kill all chances cavs had to tie lmao

all i care about is warriors won and monta killed the queens so n.w.a. can stfu. i dont give a **** about no lebron

4thgen
01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
yeah and the "clutch" turnover to kill all chances cavs had to tie lmao

At least they didn't get blown out by a team missing most of their team.

6-6 against winning teams. Boy, those Lakers sure are a great team! Go sit in the corner, weakling. Let the big boys talk about sports.

Clutch turnover? If it wasn't for Lebron hitting the 2 threes and getting the steal on Billups then there wouldn't have even been a need for that 'clutch turnover'. He's the only reason they came close; I hope you're enjoying your Lakers being 50% against 50% teams.

GPx
01-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Ask NBA players and organizations who the best player is.

Hint: He has rings.

GPx
01-09-2010, 12:14 AM

6-6 against winning teams. Boy, those Lakers sure are a great team! Go sit in the corner, weakling. Let the big boys talk about sports.

Clutch turnover? If it wasn't for Lebron hitting the 2 threes and getting the steal on Billups then there wouldn't have even been a need for that 'clutch turnover'. He's the only reason they came close; I hope you're enjoying your Lakers being 50% against 50% teams.

You do realize they won the title last year and they're a better team now right...

But guess what, the Lakers will be in the finals again this year...but hey you'll have your awesome stats to make you feel better.

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 12:18 AM

omg you dumb ass..
1:07 91-93 Kenyon Martin makes 14-foot two point shot (J.R. Smith assists)
0:45 LeBron James misses 11-foot running jumper 91-93
0:44 91-93 J.R. Smith defensive rebound
0:31 91-96 J.R. Smith makes 28-foot three point jumper (Kenyon Martin assists)
0:31 Cleveland full timeout
0:27 LeBron James turnover 91-96

lmao..that's how the game was lost

now shut your steroided ass up ***got and let people who actually play basketball and can reach their own dick with their hands talk

4thgen
01-09-2010, 12:24 AM
You do realize they won the title last year and they're a better team now right...

But guess what, the Lakers will be in the finals again this year...but hey you'll have your awesome stats to make you feel better.

Don't you think that you need to be better than 6-6 against winning teams before you start talking about championships?

Oh, and I see that you're just like Miss Warrior. I love seeing you little kids negging people for proving you wrong on things, so you feel better about yourself in life since you can't cut it in the gym.

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 12:28 AM
good to see you can cut your pants so you can show your asscrack to thousands of males on the forum, ***got

4thgen
01-09-2010, 12:31 AM
omg you dumb ass..
1:07 91-93 Kenyon Martin makes 14-foot two point shot (J.R. Smith assists)
0:45 LeBron James misses 11-foot running jumper 91-93
0:44 91-93 J.R. Smith defensive rebound
0:31 91-96 J.R. Smith makes 28-foot three point jumper (Kenyon Martin assists)
0:31 Cleveland full timeout
0:27 LeBron James turnover 91-96

lmao..that's how the game was lost

now shut your steroided ass up ***got and let people who actually play basketball and can reach their own dick with their hands talk

Oh wow. Strong retardation.

Lebron is the one that hit the 2 threes and got the steal from Billups in the last minute to make it a close game. So him missing a shot and getting a turnover is the reason they lost?

Take your small brain somewhere else. We all know all you do is run your mouth on the computer while you get beat up in real life. You're a lot like Kobe, it's pretty funny seeing him talk a lot of trash when no one can beat his ass, and throw elbows as cheap shots because the lacks the balls to do anything else.

Steroided up ass? So you lack basketball IQ and English advances. You're one cool little dude.

4thgen
01-09-2010, 12:32 AM
good to see you can cut your pants so you can show your asscrack to thousands of males on the forum, ***got

Good to see you're terrible in the only language you speak and...well, I would say more but you're too weak and ugly for you to even post a picture.

Phaggot. Now go back tot he dolls.

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Oh wow. Strong retardation.

Lebron is the one that hit the 2 threes and got the steal from Billups in the last minute to make it a close game. So him missing a shot and getting a turnover is the reason they lost?

Take your small brain somewhere else. We all know all you do is run your mouth on the computer while you get beat up in real life. You're a lot like Kobe, it's pretty funny seeing him talk a lot of trash when no one can beat his ass, and throw elbows as cheap shots because the lacks the balls to do anything else.

Steroided up ass? So you lack basketball IQ and English advances. You're one cool little dude.

holy **** you are a ****ing idiot omg...............

those 3's came after his turnover and after his missed open jumper. Those 3's didn't mean ANYTHING. The game was out of reach after that turnover.

4thgen
01-09-2010, 01:04 AM
holy **** you are a ****ing idiot omg...............

those 3's came after his turnover and after his missed open jumper. Those 3's didn't mean ANYTHING. The game was out of reach after that turnover.

The 3's didn't mean anything? If Andrew didn't dribble like an idiot after getting the rebound on the free throw than they would have had close to 2 more secods on the shot clock, and if Parker didn't take a second to foul Billups they would have had a total of 3 more seconds, giving them a chance.

After the turnover, there was 27 seconds left in the game. Cavs were down by 5 already. James caused a steal, and Williams missed a 3. Then James hit a 3 with 11.8 to go. 2 point game. So that was out of reach? How is a 2 point game out of reach when it was a 5 point game before the turnover? Your logic fails. Just like your workout routine.

Get real, weakling. Go jack off to Kobe shooting 37 times and only scoring 32 points.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/144/l_09a7306043aa405ca6b1d2d5d73fed9e.jpg

phaggot

Boba_Bulk
01-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Well for the sake of argument, lets pretend we live in imaginary land, and Kobe doesn't have his 4 rings.

Your team is down by 2, with less than 2 seconds to play. EVERYTHING riding on the line. Who do you want to have the last shot? Answer is...

Kobe

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 01:13 AM
yep blame his teammates for his 8 turnovers and epic choke job to put the game out of reach

why didn't you say anything about his missed 3? with 6 seconds left? they were never close to winning after his turnover. Nene choked and even then they didn't get close.

iggydiesel
01-09-2010, 01:44 AM
it was a bad ending for LeBron and turnovers were f-in the whole game up for Cavs... Anyways, everybody has bad days, at least they didn't lose to f**king Clippers.

Btw, ESPN gathered seven NBA experts and evaluated Kobe and Lebron. The decision at the end was that LBJ was a better basketball player overall. Not even comparing Kobe at age of 25 with Lebron.

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 01:58 AM
it was a bad ending for LeBron and turnovers were f-in the whole game up for Cavs... Anyways, everybody has bad days, at least they didn't lose to f**king Clippers.

Btw, ESPN gathered seven NBA experts and evaluated Kobe and Lebron. The decision at the end was that LBJ was a better basketball player overall. Not even comparing Kobe at age of 25 with Lebron.

it was a bad ending for kobe and his shooting was f-in the whole game up for cavs..Anyways, everybody has bad days, at least they didn't lose to ****ing Bobcats.

Btw, ESPN is the most biased piece of **** channel on TV after FOX. And obviously I wouldn't compare kobe at age of 25 to lebron because kobe was way better.

JMB987
01-09-2010, 03:40 AM

Come on brah, who needs rings when you got teh stats

http://theassociation.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341c67fe53ef0115704be553970c-800wi

LebronJ
01-09-2010, 03:41 AM
What makes Lebron great is his a combo of his his height (6 foot 8 or 9) weight, speed and strenght. His overall athleticism is what defines him as a player.

Kobe's actual skill is what makes him great. The man can do anything offensively with the ball, and is playing basketball at the highest level in the world LEFT HANDED. This cannot be understated.

Kobe is no slouche as an athlete, however Lebron is on a completely different level in that respect. However, Kobe does not rely on his atheltic abilities nearly as much as Lebron does, so too me personally, I rate Kobe a little higher in that respect.

This is just my opinion, and as you can see I'm a great fan of Lebron. And skillfully speaking, he truly is coming a long way. Just think Kobe has a little bit more "skill" in that give him a ball, name any shot you want him to get off against any defender, and i'd believe he could do it.

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 03:44 AM
What makes Lebron great is his a combo of his his height (6 foot 8 or 9) weight, speed and strenght. His overall athleticism is what defines him as a player.

Kobe's actual skill is what makes him great. The man can do anything offensively with the ball, and is playing basketball at the highest level in the world LEFT HANDED. This cannot be understated.

Kobe is no slouche as an athlete, however Lebron is on a completely different level in that respect. However, Kobe does not rely on his atheltic abilities nearly as much as Lebron does, so too me personally, I rate Kobe a little higher in that respect.

This is just my opinion, and as you can see I'm a great fan of Lebron. And skillfully speaking, he truly is coming a long way. Just think Kobe has a little bit more "skill" in that give him a ball, name any shot you want him to get off against any defender, and i'd believe he could do it.

youaredoinitwrong

LebronJ
01-09-2010, 03:47 AM
youaredoinitwrong

confused/10

JMB987
01-09-2010, 03:49 AM

I actually agree with this.

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 03:52 AM
confused/10

you are not suppose to say kobe is good, you are a lebron fan. you are supposed to be mentally challenged and hate kobe :(

LebronJ
01-09-2010, 03:55 AM
you are not suppose to say kobe is good, you are a lebron fan. you are supposed to be mentally challenged and hate kobe :(

Haha fair enough.

Honestly, i think chris paul is the best player in the nba anyhow. That mentally challenged enough? lol

JMB987
01-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Haha fair enough.

Honestly, i think chris paul is the best player in the nba anyhow. That mentally challenged enough? lol

No no no no no no no he's not.

LebronJ
01-09-2010, 04:04 AM
No no no no no no no he's not.

Nah maybe i exaggerated a little bit, but being a fellow basketballer who barely scraps 6 feet and as a point guard, i respect him so much. To be able to constantly attack the rim, at his height, and his ability to read plays is pretty awe inspiring. At least to me

free816
01-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Nah maybe i exaggerated a little bit, but being a fellow basketballer who barely scraps 6 feet and as a point guard, i respect him so much. To be able to constantly attack the rim, at his height, and his ability to read plays is pretty awe inspiring. At least to me

cp3 has only shown to be a great pick and roll pg, he either needs to become more or just be a one trick pony.. nothing wrong with it, but its why i like isaiah as the greatest little man ever, zeke did it all, back on topic.
lbj has physical ability unlike anyone ever, but that kid's ablility to be a play ahead, his high basketball skill, is why he is the best, i wish he played from the wing down, he would simply destroy the league...

GPx
01-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Don't you think that you need to be better than 6-6 against winning teams before you start talking about championships?

Oh, and I see that you're just like Miss Warrior. I love seeing you little kids negging people for proving you wrong on things, so you feel better about yourself in life since you can't cut it in the gym.

You do realize they did this last year too? They're a better playoff team than anything.

BTW, how many of those games were without Gasol? Not making excuses, jus sayin...

iggydiesel
01-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Haha fair enough.

yes, you are mentally challenged enough if you think that Chris Paul is the best... lmfao

blasian
01-09-2010, 11:05 AM
it is pretty clear to all of us that lebron james is a better scorer than kobe and a the toughest player to guard, no questions asked. Only thing is separating him and kobe are the rings that kobe has, but lebron's time will come soon... Either in cleveland or new york... Lol

logged on just to neg ur dumbarse

lebrick never will be better than kobe.

Can't believe u had the audacity to say better scorer, wow. U really watch bball

blasian
01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
PAY ATTENTION: ALL OF YOUR LEBRON DI$K RIDERS SHUT THE FUC$ UP. U ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF UR MIND.

kobe is averaging just a few less assists/rebs a game than lebrick b/c of the way phil runs the triangle offense....im sorry, last time i checked, kobe didn't have the ball in his hands at the top of the key EVERY single play...hell, i could average 10 assists a game if i had the ball in my hands as much as lebron does.

bottom line: **** stats. if you truly know ab bball and watched kobe hit 3 gamewinners in 30 days, then you wouldn't dare say lebron is better..lebron is better athletically, but kobe is also 31.

kobe added a post game and lebrick, being 6'10 can't even post any1 up??

in b4 lebrick doesn't get a ring till he's 30.

you shouldn't even be comparing the two, lebron plays more like magic...KOBE'S THE CLOSEST THING TO MJ WE'LL EVER SEE (SEE PHIL JACKSON QUOTE). K THANKS.

VernonWellsFargo
01-09-2010, 11:35 AM
notice how this is my first psot in this thread, no need to feed the trollz

pls go.

iggydiesel
01-09-2010, 12:02 PM
PAY ATTENTION: ALL OF YOUR LEBRON DI$K RIDERS SHUT THE FUC$ UP. U ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF UR MIND.

kobe is averaging just a few less assists/rebs a game than lebrick b/c of the way phil runs the triangle offense....im sorry, last time i checked, kobe didn't have the ball in his hands at the top of the key EVERY single play...hell, i could average 10 assists a game if i had the ball in my hands as much as lebron does.

bottom line: **** stats. if you truly know ab bball and watched kobe hit 3 gamewinners in 30 days, then you wouldn't dare say lebron is better..lebron is better athletically, but kobe is also 31.

you shouldn't even be comparing the two, lebron plays more like magic...KOBE'S THE CLOSEST THING TO MJ WE'LL EVER SEE (SEE PHIL JACKSON QUOTE). K THANKS.

You really do watch a lot of basketball if you still think that lebron is 6'10". Last time I checked (which was yesterday) he was 6'8" unless he grew two inches over night.

I don't know if you ever played basketball in your life, but it is not that easy to score 30 points a game and drop 8 dimes while getting as many rebounds. That's why there are only two ball players of today can post numbers like that. BTW, MJ himself said that Kobe at his prime and MJ at his prime are incomparable. He said Kobe is not even close to him and that's a fact.

arya24
01-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Lebron has no D. getting a few blocks from behind =/= defensive player of the year

stoopid
01-09-2010, 12:08 PM

Kobe has the ball plenty enough to pass the ball more. If he can miss 10 shots a game, then he could have passed it instead. Dude's just selfish, deal with it. 37 shots last night? And you're going to tell me that he doesn't have the CHANCE to get a lot of assists? Get real.

So Kobe is the best because he can't dominate? Because he can't lead a team with multiple allstars to blow out bad teams, so he must take game winners? Not only that, but he traveled on the last one RIGHT in front of the ref with no call? Is that really your definition of best player? Lebron hasn't had enough chances to hit 3 in a month, because his team is out playing great basketball and is 8-2 in their last 10 while Kobe is out going to the last seconds or getting blown out by worse teams.

Lebron is 6'8" you moron, 1 inch taller than Kobe. Why make a post game when you are 70+ percent on driving to the basket? Kobe can keep his mid to low scoring methods, any coach would take Lebron's 70+% methods.

That's how old Kobe was when he got his first ring as the leader of a team. So why is it a shame if Lebron does it at the same age?

Replied.

iggydiesel
01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Replied.

Could have not said it better... Reps

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
i stopped reading at "kobe traveled" coming from a lebron fan..seriously..stop it. $tern rewrote the rules because lebrick doesn't know how to dribble..

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Haha fair enough.

well he's better than lebron I tell you that much. He's close

Coconut187
01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
i stopped reading at "kobe traveled" coming from a lebron fan..seriously..stop it. $tern rewrote the rules because lebrick doesn't know how to dribble..

lolz this.

And who are these multiple all-stars on the Lakers besides Kobe and Gasol?

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
lolz this.

And who are these multiple all-stars on the Lakers besides Kobe and Gasol?

cavs have multiple all-stars in shaq, mo and big z too :rolleyes:

Coconut187
01-09-2010, 01:00 PM

no no no you're wrong brah, the cavs roster consists of Lebron and 13 d leaguers

stoopid
01-09-2010, 01:01 PM

I stopped reading when you tried to claim that Stern is biased towards Lebron when you're a Kobe fan.

If Stern was so biased towards Lebron over Kobe, then how come on Christmas day it was it was Kobe that had the long interview with Magic, and them having a special broadcast about Kobe and his finger, trying to make it sound like a true break and what Kobe is doing about it.

Kobe is Sterns baby, deal with it. You should go spend more time watching Kobe take 37 shots and only scoring 32.

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 01:04 PM
I stopped reading when you tried to claim that Stern is biased towards Lebron when you're a Kobe fan.

If Stern was so biased towards Lebron over Kobe, then how come on Christmas day it was it was Kobe that had the long interview with Magic, and them having a special broadcast about Kobe and his finger, trying to make it sound like a true break and what Kobe is doing about it.

Kobe is Sterns baby, deal with it. You should go spend more time watching Kobe take 37 shots and only scoring 32.

lulz ok buddy

naw im gonna go watch Monta score 39-4-6 without 8 turnovers or any help from the refs.

no no no you're wrong brah, the cavs roster consists of Lebron and 13 d leaguers

lebron makes them all-stars..ALL OF THEM. They should just have a cavs vs lakers all-star game because lebron makes all d-leaguers all-stars and kobe has 13 hall of famers on his team.

stoopid
01-09-2010, 01:14 PM

Shaq averages 10.6 and 7.

Z averages 7.8 and 5.6

Allstars? HAHAHAHAHAHA, Shaq is going to be because of his fame, there are plenty of centers that are doing better than 10 and 7 that won't make it over Shaq because Shaq is just too famous.

Mo? He made it last year ONLY because of an injury, and I DO hope he makes it again this year...but I don't believe he will.

So at most, Lebron has 1 true allstar. 1 true all star and 1 allstar because because of his fame, not skill.

Oh, and for the record. There are 10 guards ahead of Mo so far in the East ballot.

So in reality, he has 0 true all stars, and 1 Shaq that is going to make it while averaging 10 points and 7 boards.

Multiple all stars? You're beyond retarded.

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
you are really mentally challenged aren't you?

FatWhiteKid
01-09-2010, 01:24 PM
^Uhhh, did you WATCH the All-Star game last year? The one where Shaq was Co-MVP with Kobe?

justin8684
01-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Anybody else getting a little sick of these "look at me" antics by LeBron lately?

Last year it was the team picture crap before games. This year it's his stupid, excessive dancing before and during games that is getting shown on TV like none other; not to mention the lame, over-the-top birthday celebration with the cake, hats, and "team picture" before the game.

He said during the game last night that his dancing is all about "having respect for the game" LMFAO, this guy can excuse any bull**** behavior of his with the line "it's about having respect for the game" and the LeBron apologists and slurpers like Hubie Brown are right there with a "he's exactly right" to excuse his behavior.

gswarrior510
01-09-2010, 01:35 PM
btw I find it funny how nobody even made a big deal about this block

91MJ5qrIA48

people on espn were just quiet, but when lebron goaltended on billups (b4 they called it a goaltend) all commentators were like WHAT A BLOCK BY LEEEEEEBRON JAMEEEESS

jesus ****ing christ shut the **** up nobody gives a ****

stoopid
01-09-2010, 01:41 PM
^Uhhh, did you WATCH the All-Star game last year? The one where Shaq was Co-MVP with Kobe?

Oh. You're going to compare a Shaq that was averaging 18 points, 8.5 boards, and shooting 60% to a Shaq that is averaging 10 points, 7 boards, and shooting 52%.

You Kobe fanboys need to stop thinking of the past so much. Seriously.

FatWhiteKid
01-09-2010, 01:44 PM

91MJ5qrIA48

people on espn were just quiet, but when lebron goaltended on billups (b4 they called it a goaltend) all commentators were like WHAT A BLOCK BY LEEEEEEBRON JAMEEEESS

LeBron James is practically the inventor of the chase down block.

LBJ is a big time player, he is clearly the standout on the Cavaliers team. Who do you think is filling up the Q? Delonte West? No, LeBron. That's who the fans are excited to see, and that's who they pay to see.

justin8684
01-09-2010, 01:47 PM
He got away with a very nice goaltend against Portland a few weeks back too. I found it hilarious last year during the playoffs that a player like him that chases down and swipes and gambles so much on defense was going through 48 minutes of basketball with 1 foul on a consistent basis.

stoopid
01-09-2010, 01:48 PM

91MJ5qrIA48

Because it was a regular block that a power forward got on a point guard. What is there to say other than 'Martin with the block!' like he got? James had a 'block' on a fast break lay up on a guy only a few inches smaller than him, where he ran down the court chasing billups. The ball was seriously lucky that it hit the backboard first, and it hardly did, because the shot was still going up.

Your point is a fail.

neelb_24
01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
naw im gonna go watch Monta score 39-4-6 without 8 turnovers or any help from the refs.

you gots no love for d-wade this year?

http://www.sjhhspab.org/images/bandwagon.jpg

justin8684
01-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Only a few inches? LeBron is like a good 5 or 6" taller than Billups.

4thgen
01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
logged on just to neg ur dumbarse

lebrick never will be better than kobe.

Can't believe u had the audacity to say better scorer, wow. U really watch bball

Having a higher field goal percentage while averaging nearly the same points and scoring more points per shot attempt doesn't make you a better scorer?

How can you seriously say Kobe is a better scorer when the only reason he averages about 1.3 more points a game is because he is shooting 3.5 more shots a game. On Lebron's average point per shot, he would be averaging a little over 34 points per game if he shot as much as Kobe.

Lebron is MUCH more efficient on scoring, so how can you say he's not a better scorer?

stoopid
01-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Only a few inches? LeBron is like a good 5 or 6" taller than Billups.

5 inches. Compared to 8 between Martin and Mo. A regular power forward block where the power forward is already in the paint and does a weak block on a 6-1 guard that drove to the basket or a block where a 6-8 small forward is chasing down a fast breaking 6-3 point guard, catches up to him, and was a fraction of a second late from getting to the ball before it hit the backboard, and still got it while it was on its way up.

You decide.

neelb_24
01-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Having a higher field goal percentage while averaging nearly the same points and scoring more points per shot attempt doesn't make you a better scorer?

How can you seriously say Kobe is a better scorer when the only reason he averages about 1.3 more points a game is because he is shooting 3.5 more shots a game. On Lebron's average point per shot, he would be averaging a little over 34 points per game if she shot as much as Kobe.

Lebron is MUCH more efficient on scoring, so how can you say he's not a better scorer?

in before broken finger..

why are kobe's dainty little hands injured every fukcing season?!

user8489791000
01-09-2010, 02:08 PM
thx for reminding me, i forgot how great kwame brown and smush parker were

"and i think you meant to say kobe always makes players great around him"

how far has he taken them?

4thgen
01-09-2010, 02:15 PM

Lebron's FG% was higher and he still scored more points per shot attempt before Kobe's injured finger.

Actually, Kobe's points have went UP after the injured finger.

Go figure.

So the injured fingure still has nothing on what I said.

neelb_24
01-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Lebron's FG% was higher and he still scored more points per shot attempt before Kobe's injured finger.

Actually, Kobe's points have went UP after the injured finger.

Go figure.

So the injured fingure still has nothing on what I said.

I personally think he fakes all his little hand injuries each season (no conspiracy theorist)

Back Double Biceps18
01-09-2010, 02:17 PM
This thread is actually ridiculous....

justin8684
01-09-2010, 02:18 PM

Speaking of dainty hands, why'd LeBron have to miss something like 7 games a couple seasons back for an injury to his NON-SHOOTING HAND? Nothing was broken, dislocated, or torn, so why'd he have to miss time?

MontelWilliams
01-09-2010, 02:24 PM
why risk injuring it even more...the season is long

stoopid
01-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Speaking of dainty hands, why'd LeBron have to miss something like 7 games a couple seasons back for an injury to his NON-SHOOTING HAND? Nothing was broken, dislocated, or torn, so why'd he have to miss time?

Oh, someone bringing up seasons ago to compare two players this season.

Sounds legit.

Mad because James is 25 and outperforming Kobe in his best season ever?

justin8684
01-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Oh, someone bringing up seasons ago to compare two players this season.

Sounds legit.

Mad because James is 25 and outperforming Kobe in his best season ever?

Living up to the name I see.

Dude called out Kobe's toughness for him always having hand/finger injuries, implying that somehow LeBron was a tougher player.

Kobe has played with torn ligaments and dislocated/broken bones in his fingers the past two seasons and hasn't missed a single game... but he is a "pussy" because he has those injuries.

So what does that make LeBron for having to miss 7 games two seasons ago for an injury to his non-shooting hand that was nowhere near as severe as what Kobe suffered on his SHOOTING HAND?

The LeTots are getting more and more oblivious to their own statements with each passing day.

blasian
01-09-2010, 02:34 PM
you really do watch a lot of basketball if you still think that lebron is 6'10". Last time i checked (which was yesterday) he was 6'8" unless he grew two inches over night.

I don't know if you ever played basketball in your life, but it is not that easy to score 30 points a game and drop 8 dimes while getting as many rebounds. That's why there are only two ball players of today can post numbers like that. Btw, mj himself said that kobe at his prime and mj at his prime are incomparable. He said kobe is not even close to him and that's a fact.

if you've ever watched a game, and listened to the announcers at the game...they say he's listed at 6'8 and really 6'10ish. U stupid ****. Gah ur ignorant. Watch him stand next to dwight, they're almost same height/size

neelb_24
01-09-2010, 02:34 PM

LOL'D HARD

calmdownbro.jpg

justin8684
01-09-2010, 02:40 PM
These announcers exaggerate his size so much, who really knows how big he is? He's 6'8" 260 on ESPN, 6'9" 280 on TNT, 6'8" 270 on ABC... it's all over the ****ing place.

4thgen
01-09-2010, 02:49 PM

Dude called out Kobe's toughness for him always having hand/finger injuries, implying that somehow LeBron was a tougher player.

Kobe has played with torn ligaments and dislocated/broken bones in his fingers the past two seasons and hasn't missed a single game... but he is a "pussy" because he has those injuries.

So what does that make LeBron for having to miss 7 games two seasons ago for an injury to his non-shooting hand that was nowhere near as severe as what Kobe suffered on his SHOOTING HAND?

The LeTots are getting more and more oblivious to their own statements with each passing day.

Who said he was a pussy for having those injuries? They just said he has weak fingers. Not that he was a pussy. It's funny you call him stupid when you're the one unable to comprehend what was said.

You go skip along the streets watching your Lakers lose to bad teams and Kobe jacking up 37 shots and only scoring 32 points. I'll watch a guy that can actually play basketball, and willing to miss 7 games because he doesn't want to make his injury worse because he knows that winning on the Cavs is up to him. Lakers are lucky enough to have multiple all stars, so he's able to risk the injury getting worse. Isn't it weird that Kobe gets 'injured', and all of a sudden his scoring and shot attempts go UP? What does that tell you?

4thgen
01-09-2010, 02:55 PM
These announcers exaggerate his size so much, who really knows how big he is? He's 6'8" 260 on ESPN, 6'9" 280 on TNT, 6'8" 270 on ABC... it's all over the ****ing place.

Da phuck?

ESPN has him as 6'8" 250.

Why not go by NBA.com?

Where he's listed as 6'8" 250?

If you have to go by the announcers for your information, you are already aware that you have problems.