PDA

View Full Version : ITT: We discuss how the BCS system is better than people give it credit for

TheDude1987
01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm watching the NC game and I think it's clear they have the best two teams in the country playing. This game would probably be very close if McCoy was still in. Even with him out they're putting up a better fight than Florida.

The other teams that were undefeated? Cinci got blasted by Florida who clearly isn't as good as Alabama. TCU was next; they got beat by Boise in a game where neither team looked that great.

In the last two weeks in the NFL we've seen the best teams giving games away because they already had their playoff spot secured. There's also the fact that a playoff system rewards teams that are hottest at the end of the season, giving little reward to teams who had their sh*t together from day one.

The BCS keeps games meaningful. The BCS rewards teams for a body of work.

There are pro's and cons on both sides but I, for one, am satisfied with the BCS. You may hate the idea of it, BUT ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

DubV
01-07-2010, 09:28 PM
I like it. Every game matters. If you lose one, you're probably not going to the title game.