PDA

View Full Version : []- The official CHARLOTTE BOBCATS thread -[]

eldolor
01-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I think it's time that we had one. The team is going along much better now. We were unlucky to have the second round pick, Okafor, instead of the first, Howard, and then we had a few busts, Morrison, but it now looks like we are on the right track.

The Warriors were trash talking Jackson at the trade, and I was a little skeptical about it. I watched Bell play two games earlier in the season and thought he was too consistent to trade. He also helped us be the second best defensive team in the league. But the thing is, we were nearly the worst offensive team as well. Jackson changed that, improving our offense by large margins and only making our defense a little worse.

Jackson is averaging 20 points and nearly 5 boards, Wallace is 18 and nearly 12 rebounds, and Felton has finally stepped up and started playing like a starter and averaging 13 points, 5 assists, and bumped his FG% up to 47%.

Murray is giving us an option off of the bench, and I feel that Henderson and Brown are going to give us a good boost off of the bench once they get developed. Both are very athletic, so hopefully they learn some offense from Jackson and Wallace.

Currently we are the 7th seed, while having one of the worst road game records in the league with no more than 5 teams having a worse record. In our last 3 games, we played Miami and Cleveland on the road and beat both of them making up 2 out of our 3 total road wins.

So cheers for more road improvement and maybe a higher spot in the playoff bracket!

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/152/l_90983baa4c5541859d1bfd308af8a95d.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/150/l_72f99dc314a4405787b0926c47104fb2.jpg

Coconut187
01-07-2010, 06:26 PM
LMAO you just don't stop with your Laker/Kobe hate. I swear almost the posts I've seen from you in the sports section involve hating on them.

But the Bobcats are a nice defensive team, Gerald Wallace is one of my favorite players, he should be in the all star game.

D-Dub03
01-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Bobcats!

eldolor
01-07-2010, 06:41 PM
LMAO you just don't stop with your Laker/Kobe hate. I swear almost the posts I've seen from you in the sports section involve hating on them.

But the Bobcats are a nice defensive team, Gerald Wallace is one of my favorite players, he should be in the all star game.

Search "Charlotte Bobcats" on Google.

It was the first picture that came up for me of someone playing defense. Since they are a defensive team, I chose it.

Hating?

I guess it is, since you also think that responding with facts proving someone wrong when they try to say "Lebron scores low points per shot attempt". So yeah, pointing out to a Kobe fanboy that Lebron scores more points per shot attempt than Kobe is me hating.

Wat?

Back to the Bobcats.

I can't believe the calls that are going on in NY right now. I also can't believe they blew a 11 point lead so fast, and how good NY is hitting 3's.

Coconut187
01-07-2010, 06:51 PM

It was the first picture that came up for me of someone playing defense. Since they are a defensive team, I chose it.

Hating?

I guess it is, since you also think that responding with facts proving someone wrong when they try to say "Lebron scores low points per shot attempt". So yeah, pointing out to a Kobe fanboy that Lebron scores more points per shot attempt than Kobe is me hating.

Wat?

Back to the Bobcats.

I can't believe the calls that are going on in NY right now. I also can't believe they blew a 11 point lead so fast, and how good NY is hitting 3's.

Please find the post where I said "Lebron scores low points per shot attempt".

Get your facts straight.

eldolor
01-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Please find the post where I said "Lebron scores low points per shot attempt".

Get your facts straight.

Please find the post where I said that you were the one that said that.

Get your facts straight.

Coconut187
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM

Hating?

Wat?

Back to the Bobcats.

Please find the post where I said that you were the one that said that.

Get your facts straight.

I believe you were referring to me.

eldolor
01-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I believe you were referring to me.

Can't comprehend things very well can you?

You said I put Kobe down everywhere. Meaning YOU must have also THOUGHT that me pointing out that Lebron gets more points per shot than Kobe when SOMEONE, not YOU, said "Lebron and his 3 point son 10 shots" was hating on Kobe.

Get it yet?

I hope so. Because this thread isn't about the Lakers or Kobe. It's about the Bobcats.

Coconut187
01-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Can't comprehend things very well can you?

You said I put Kobe down everywhere. Meaning YOU must have also THOUGHT that me pointing out that Lebron gets more points per shot than Kobe when SOMEONE, not YOU, said "Lebron and his 3 point son 10 shots".

Get it yet?

Lol ok, I don't see what Lebron has to do with anything, but carry on sir.

stoopid
01-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Winner of tonight's game is the number 5 seed. So far, it's Bobcats up 20 to 6.

Loving how well Wallace and Jackson is playing. I've also noticed that Wallace is getting the recognition that he deserves.

stoopid
01-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Wow. Scored 38 points in the first quarter, while only missing 3 shots the entire quarter!

I'm impressed with this team.

We've beaten the Cavs, Spurs, Houston, Phoenix, and Miami all this month. We also have the best record of 2010 so far. Looking good.

charity4thepoor
01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
heres to the best defense in the league, statistically!

NewYorkMets
01-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Larry Brown has those guys playing good ball, guy is one of the best coaches in our time

stoopid
01-20-2010, 06:53 PM
heres to the best defense in the league, statistically!

Won 9 out of our last 10 as well. Only 1 loss this year so far, feels good.

We play Atlanta Friday, which will be a good test of what may come for later in the season.

And Saturday, we play Orlando. Another big test. I'll be at the Orlando game too.

SwagMorris
01-20-2010, 08:52 PM
I suppose I claim the Bobcats as my team even though I haven't watched the NBA since the Hornets left. It's hard to like a team that comes into the league and stinks it up. But they're playing good now so I'm in (not srs, I'd support them anyway)

charity4thepoor
01-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Won 9 out of our last 10 as well. Only 1 loss this year so far, feels good.

We play Atlanta Friday, which will be a good test of what may come for later in the season.

And Saturday, we play Orlando. Another big test. I'll be at the Orlando game too.
can you say 8 game win streak?

I suppose I claim the Bobcats as my team even though I haven't watched the NBA since the Hornets left. It's hard to like a team that comes into the league and stinks it up. But they're playing good now so I'm in (not srs, I'd support them anyway)

thats why i like them!!!

i love them cause they have never made the playoffs.

EatSheatRepeat
06-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Things are looking up for the team so far. It blows that we didn't get the first overall pick, but I'm good with the second. The team we had last year was not as bad as they were made out to be. The team did have 4-5 d-leaguers, but those are slowly being weeded out. 3 out of our top 4 scorers shot below 38%, and our best rebounder averaged less than 6 a game. They were playing frantically, and never really running any type of set plays that were focused on taking advantage of their defenders. Now that they got a season out of the way, their IQ will be higher.

Their best scorer, Henderson, missed 16 games and only managed a few more than 30 minutes a game. Maggette, their second highest scorer, missed over half the season while Augustin, starting point, missed 20 games.

Kemba only played 27 minutes a game and averaged 12 ppg on 37% FG. He was taking bad shots and missing very makeable layups and luckily he's working on adding a little weight and getting a mid range jumper this summer so I expect him to be averaging at least 15 ppg next year while shooting at least 40%. His 4.5 assists are pretty good considering the amount of shots he takes, and the lack of talent he had to pass it to makes it even more impressive.

Biyombo is on his way to being a poor man's Hakeem by next season already. He only played 23 minutes a game, but put in a pretty efficient 5 points and lead the team in rebounds at nearly 6 a game while managing 1.8 blocks a game. He'll be playing starting minutes next year, and I'm expecting a 10 10 2 performance.

Those two will be able to run one of the meanest pick and roll's the league has seen in recent years if they stick together and become the players the majority of people are expecting.

Just those two improving, and players staying healthy, will warrant a ranking improvement close to 10 teams. The team isn't spending a lot of money on their current lineup, and there's some pretty good free agents that are playing for 1-2 mill a year that would be pretty solid pickups for us. Spending just a few million on a few veterans that can still give a solid 15 minutes a game would benefit the rookies/sophmores quite a bit. Jordan can make this a playoff potential team if he was willing to spend an extra 10 million a year.

But let's not forget about the second overall pick! I'm not sure if I want the team to trade it or not. Robinson is looking like he would be a great pick for us, and would be MUCH cheaper, possibly allowing us to rent a cheaper all-star for just a few years while Robinson improves. He's already NBA ready, and combined with Biyombo, would give us the most explosive defensive frontcourt in the league. That opens up everything for the rest of the team.

It's going to be an awesome year. GO BOBCATS!

AlphaBaller
06-19-2012, 04:21 PM
lol at OPs username

fits perfectly for bobcats season this year

piratesteelpens
06-20-2012, 05:49 AM
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/tennis-cats.jpg

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2012/06/19/18/13/175tMm.St.138.jpeg

13sBRAHH
01-17-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm bringing this back up.

Al Jefferson baking hard right now.

13sBRAHH
01-20-2014, 05:05 PM

damn, you right bro

ballzofpeaze
01-20-2014, 05:24 PM
damn, you right bro

Lol keep hustlin cuz

sircharles032
01-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Bobcats going to shock the world this year

ace_gauntlit
01-21-2014, 04:10 PM
in.

13sBRAHH
02-04-2014, 10:00 AM

Wow, you are not wrong bro. Besides his game against Phoenix, Goatferson is averaging >30pts & 11 rebounds in his past 6.

He's back from the injury. Now hes gonna bake the warriors to a crisp.

13sBRAHH
02-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Wow, you are not wrong bro. Besides his game against Phoenix, Goatferson is averaging >30pts & 11 rebounds in his past 6.

He's back from the injury. Now hes gonna bake the warriors to a crisp.

Holy **** you are on that wizard status bro

13sBRAHH
02-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Holy **** you are on that wizard status bro

Yea he is. Bobcats will be baking forcefully once they take care of the Spurs tomorrow. Kemba Walker 2nd game back, and Jefferson in midseason form.

13sBRAHH
02-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Hellooo is there anybody in there?

just nod if you can hear me

is there anyone home???

4-0 since the All Star Break. Looking to make that 8-0 after they take on the Spurs, Heat, Thunder, and Pacers.

freshnevafrozen
02-23-2014, 12:57 PM
Lol this thread hasnt even gotten to 2 pages in 4 years.

NickA44
02-23-2014, 12:58 PM
lol strong everything ITT

13sBRAHH
02-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Lol this thread hasnt even gotten to 2 pages in 4 years.

Let me take it there

13sBRAHH
02-28-2014, 08:55 AM
Hnngggh matchup between Tim Duncan and Al "The Goat" Jefferson today.

BullBoy8
02-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Thank you bobcats for the pick this year. Though it will be better than I thought. Hope the Bobcats get like 43 wins. Winning more than 41 at least because I want to see them over 500

13sBRAHH
03-04-2014, 12:24 PM
61 from Bron
62 from Melo

Michael Jordan bout to suit up against the Pacers tomorrow and put 63 up on them.

13sBRAHH
03-05-2014, 07:34 PM
High five fellow bobcats goers. We baking.

SwagMorris
03-05-2014, 07:37 PM
I was there. And it was loud.

i was hoping to go 2-2 during this 4 game stretch, but witnessing this beatdown was pretty sweet.

khanvictt
03-05-2014, 07:50 PM
lmfao strongest bumps of all time. 5 star thread

ballzofpeaze
03-05-2014, 08:47 PM
can someone aware me on how zeller is going?

13sBRAHH
04-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Oh yea. We baking to a crisp.

SwagMorris
04-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Damn this thread is sad. But we officially going for that first round upset!

MtnJax
04-05-2014, 08:40 PM
wait....this thread exists?

subbed! wish we could switch to the Hornets name for the playoffs and just wear throwback jerseys

04-05-2014, 09:08 PM
wait....this thread exists?

subbed! wish we could switch to the Hornets name for the playoffs and just wear throwback jerseys

App State? Where you live brah?

BullBoy8
04-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Gonna be fun watching you guys beat the Pacers round 1, not gonna lie.

MtnJax
04-09-2014, 06:27 PM
fug yeah brahs!! we the 6th seed now!

Hotdawgy
04-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Where can I join the bobcats crew? I live in NC big fan cant wait for Hornets name/

SwagMorris
04-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Thought this game was lost. Can't lose faith in this team. Dudes come out playing hard every single night.

13sBRAHH
04-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Love this team. We are one scoring threat away from being top tier caliber.

MtnJax
04-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Love this team. We are one scoring threat away from being top tier caliber.

if we can somehow keep the Detroit pick, along with Portland's pick, we'll be able to get 2 good players. Just need Detroit to not get 8th or lower in the lottery

13sBRAHH
04-15-2014, 08:19 AM
CDR you fkn magician

storchskr
04-15-2014, 08:22 AM
fan from NY checkin in, been one since the days of the hornets

playoff bound, feelsgoodman

MtnJax
04-15-2014, 10:24 AM
CDR you fkn magician

He's become one of my favorite players on the team.

MtnJax
04-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Hyyyoooggeee win tonight to finish the regular season! Now just need the Celtics to be Boston Strong and down the Wiz

BullBoy8
04-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Hyyyoooggeee win tonight to finish the regular season! Now just need the Celtics to be Boston Strong and down the Wiz

I want you guys to stay 7. Kemba will sh*t all over Chalmers and Cole, and Al Jeff will avg 30-12. Bobcats with the upset

sircharles032
04-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Bobcats finna make a run. Same franchise about to win back to back under 2 different names!

SwagMorris
04-16-2014, 07:19 PM
We all gonna act like the Bobcats aren't sorta legit??? And by "legit" I mean, 16-0 coming up in these playoffs.

MtnJax
04-17-2014, 05:16 AM
My wish is that we steal a game in Miami and when we come back to CLT, they throw away the Cats jerseys and break out Hornets throwbacks for the rest of the playoffs. Talk about getting the crowd pumped up

chlaxman
04-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Lebron is going to take a massive dump on the Bobcats.