PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather/Pacquiao - who do u blame?

Al_Pal
01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
who do u blame for this fight being called off, mayweather for demanding the testing, or manny for refusing the drug test within a month of the fight?

homicidal_misc
01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Mayweather. It's always his way or the highway. He wanted to call the shots, Manny didn't want him to and that's that. Manny already said when he would do the testing. Including right after the fight. If Mayweather doesn't want that, then he clearly is trying to simply throw Pacquiao off which is a bitch move.

MusclePrime
01-07-2010, 03:21 PM
I blame Manny. Theirs nothing wrong with asking for your opponent to do a drug test, especially if you are willing to do the same.

cabocoleman
01-07-2010, 03:23 PM
who do u blame for this fight being called off, mayweather for demanding the testing, or manny for refusing the drug test within a month of the fight?

Current poll at the LA Times.

Manny Pacquiao 8% (1,401 votes)
Floyd Mayweather 77% (14,210 votes)
Bob Arum 2% (287 votes)
Mayweather's promoters/managers 14% (2,646 votes)
Total Votes: 18,544

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/01/poll-who-do-you-blame-for-the-impasse-between-manny-pacquiao-and-floyd-mayweather-jr.html

I would sum up both Floyd and his promoters in the same boat. So they take up over 90% of the blame. LOL

homicidal_misc
01-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I blame Manny. Theirs nothing wrong with asking for your opponent to do a drug test, especially if you are willing to do the same.

He is fine with taking a drug testing. The point of the testing is to make sure nobody is taking anything or breaking the rules. That's it. As long as it is done in a manner where that is accomplished, then Mayweather shouldn't care if Manny doesn't want to take it during his training camp or the day before the fight. Mayweather is being even more stubborn. It's his way or the highway.

Al_Pal
01-07-2010, 03:30 PM

Bob Arum 2% (287 votes)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/01/poll-who-do-you-blame-for-the-impasse-between-manny-pacquiao-and-floyd-mayweather-jr.html

I would sum up both Floyd and his promoters in the same boat. So they take up over 90% of the blame. LOL

latimes... to many latin and asian voters to be fair poll.

also most people just dislike floyd. but why wont manny do the testing? seriously??? if he is clean, whats the problem? yeah floyd is being a bitch about it, but for 50 million dollars you wouldnt suck it up and deal with your opponents stupid request? unless there is a chance that request could destroy your rep and career.

Revolver45
01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
latimes... to many latin and asian voters to be fair poll.

also most people just dislike floyd. but why wont manny do the testing? seriously??? if he is clean, whats the problem? yeah floyd is being a bitch about it, but for 50 million dollars you wouldnt suck it up and deal with your opponents stupid request? unless there is a chance that request could destroy your rep and career.
Yea cuz there's no black people in LA...

Manny's agreed to mediation and he's loosened up on his demands regarding testing. Floyd's done nothing of that sort and seems to be using it as a cop-out.

F.A.M.E.
01-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Manny could've gotten this fight done if his cheatin' ass would take the test. Manny is to blame.

/thread.

G-mane12
01-07-2010, 04:08 PM

LOL, LA is pretty much Manny's second home.. obviously the polls are going to be skewed there.

Freddie the joke coach Roach just understands that Floyd would straight toy with manny..

and btw: lol @ manny fighting Yuri Foreman if this fight really collapses

brighamw
01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Manny...take the test, druggie :)

Beasly3333
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I think it's both their faults. Mayweather said he offered blood testing up to 15 days to the fight. To be fair, that's 50/50 from 0 days to 30 days, which is what each wanted. Manny could have EASILY agreed to 15 days before the fight. I'm sorry, but you are not going to be affected because you had blood drawn two weeks before a fight. It's just not. If he would of agreed to that and Mayweather changes something... everyone knows that it's Mayweather ducking.

However, that didn't happen and that's why I think it's both of their faults. They are both selfish/stubborn ***gots and I hope they both lose their next fights.

F.A.M.E.
01-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I think it's both their faults. Mayweather said he offered blood testing up to 15 days to the fight. To be fair, that's 50/50 from 0 days to 30 days, which is what each wanted. Manny could have EASILY agreed to 15 days before the fight. I'm sorry, but you are not going to be affected because you had blood drawn two weeks before a fight. It's just not. If he would of agreed to that and Mayweather changes something... everyone knows that it's Mayweather ducking.

However, that didn't happen and that's why I think it's both of their faults. They are both selfish/stubborn ***gots and I hope they both lose their next fights.

Unbiased view. Repped.

dogyo
01-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Manny, just take test. Unless you have something hide.

Al_Pal
01-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Yea cuz there's no black people in LA...

Manny's agreed to mediation and he's loosened up on his demands regarding testing. Floyd's done nothing of that sort and seems to be using it as a cop-out.

not nearly as many as there are latins and asians.

NYY
01-08-2010, 08:58 AM

Bob Arum 2% (287 votes)

Yet the results from this forum's poll is a lot even. Couldn't you have chosen a more bias source than the LA times?

Messiahtype
01-08-2010, 08:59 AM
I blame Manny's whispy dirtlip mustache.

Al_Pal
01-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Yet the results from this forum's poll is a lot even. Couldn't you have chosen a more bias source than the LA times?

dude is a HUUUUUUGE manny stan.

jdo1
01-08-2010, 09:20 AM
so its 40mil guarantee and he is refusing to take a blood test 14 before the fight???what he got to hide....name me one fighter that would refuse this deal

inb4mannypacquaio

Herbalizer
01-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Mayweather is to blame for all this nonsense. Who else in all of boxing has pulled this kind of crap? I personally think it's all about damage control on Mayweather's part. If he loses the fight then he can come back and say "He didn't compromise and take these tests so his win isn't legit and I'm still the best P4P boxing champion... yada, yada,yada." Mayweather know his chances of being knocked the F*ck out are good. So he's doing what he can to make himself not look so bad.

In all seriousness make this fight a done deal and lets move on! If a fighter says he's not scared or is as cocky as Mayweather about winning then what's with all the silly nonsense about drug testing? This is all speculation on Mayweather Sr. accusing Pacquiao of taking sterioids with no evidence what so ever. Why the hell would anyone believe someone who claims to be the best TRAINER in the world when he clearly isn't? It's all BS at the end of the day.

NYY
01-08-2010, 09:22 AM
dude is a HUUUUUUGE manny stan.

I know, I just found it hilarious that he found the most biased newspaper outside the Philippines to try to prove something.