PDA

View Full Version : In pickup games, what NBA player are you?

BrawnySwoleman
01-07-2010, 02:06 PM
For me, Kyle Lowry or Flip Murray.

---Undersized crappy combo guard
---Handles the ball not well, but ok
---Not a good shooter
---Gets rebounds (Lowry is averaging 3.9 per game despite being 6'0, and had 9 boards on Tuesday against the lakers)
---Sh!tty defense
---Occasionally catches fire and scores a bunch of points

And you?

(in before kobe)

KingCanuck
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Andrea Bargnani (6'1 is big for a pick up game)

Im the dude who will defend the big guy on the other team on defense. But on offense I'll be doing most of my work on the outside.

PimpnUse2BeEz
01-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Maybe JJ Redick.....decent handles with range

BMatt
01-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Steve Nash

-Good handles
-Look to distribute first
-Good perimiter shooter
-Strong lefty layup
-Below average defense

gswarrior510
01-07-2010, 02:12 PM
in college pick-up games Rondo/Monta (drive inside, kick it out, steal the ball, shoot once in a while, pretty good defender)
on a playground where I'm usually taller than others AR4/Garnett (block shots, handle the ball, take it inside, hit mid-range once in a while)
vs friends J.R. Smith lulz (brb taking 30 footers for the lulz)

BlackPaladin
01-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Craig "Eggs" Ehlo

I know my limitations, basically. I am a great defender. No, make that excellent. I can hit some outside shots, and play the pick-and-roll offense very solidly. If my team needs it, I will throw hands. Not getting punked.

laxster
01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
the big shaqtus

Srs Thread
01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
manute bol

im 7'7 and weigh 180 pounds

Madsen89
01-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Dennis Rodman
-Talk excessive ****
-Spit at people
-Get ejected

chargerfn909
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Kurt Rambis

All I am good for is roughin up the opposing team..

Basketball has never been my strong suite lol

mophatthedamaja
01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
steve kerr

can't play defense for ****
Can't dribble for ****
am lights out behind the arc

in college i was jason kidd

MrGameAndWatch
01-07-2010, 02:44 PM
paul pierce

lost some of my speed so i body people
fadeaways at the top of the key
occasional 3 balls

johnny-oh
01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Mo Williams with better D and slightly worse shooting :P

VernonWellsFargo
01-07-2010, 02:47 PM
kobe bryant

- best player in the world

alarmist
01-07-2010, 02:50 PM
jason kidd

i like to pass first but can also grab boards for a small guy
don't really look for my shot often unless it's there

MontelWilliams
01-07-2010, 02:52 PM
kobe bryant

http://bearseatbeets.net/random/kobe.gif

ben wallace - can't shoot, but can defend

Kevintensity
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
id have to say kevin durant

im pretty smooth. i can take someone 1 on 1, drive to the hole, or step back and bomb it from deep
also im kind of lanky, so I can get shots off pretty easily

SUSprinter
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Gilbert Arenas

-shooting ppl if they talk ****

Greg1983
01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Trevor Ariza. Jump around and pick up some rebounds, miss about 90% of my shots, and start throwing elbows when I get bored.

Dr_Leo_Marvin
01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
i was shooting around by myself on an outdoor court in the hood and some 8 year old black kids came up and started playing with me cause they didnt have a ball. they kept calling me dirk nowitzki cause it was the only white player they knew. i raged

F.A.M.E.
01-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Paul Pierce.

-Deceivingly Quick.

-Great footwork

- Solid Midrange Shot

- Can score in bunches

- Can play good ass defense when motivated

- Decent rebounder

- Good handles

- Can dunk, but not flashy

They call me Pierce around the courts in my area lulz.

Followed Pierce his whole career (Yes practiced his moves/footwork, jab steps, stepback jumpers, etc. for years. HS coach coached Pierce for a bit + Pierce was always one of my fave. Will never forget how he shiitted on Artest when they trash talked each other in the playoffs years ago and buried the 3 on his ass lol).

cor030
01-07-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm the guy who only shoots 3's and I yell "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME TODAY I USUALLY HIT THOSE EVERY TIME"

I also take ridiculously long shots that have about .5% chance of making. Only because of how good it feels to actually make them.

I'm awesome

Dr_Leo_Marvin
01-07-2010, 03:12 PM
i really play like lebron without ball skills...i just drive to the hole, get contact, miss layup, (would miss FT if took them in pick up game)

marcus142
01-07-2010, 03:12 PM
dwayne wade... play physical, always drive to the hole and willing to put my body on the line at all times.

gswarrior510
01-07-2010, 03:15 PM
i really play like lebron without ball skills...i just drive to the hole, get contact, miss layup, (would miss FT if took them in pick up game)

so you travel every time, miss open jumpers, airball FT's and score about 3 points on 10 shots? (no freethrows)

MontelWilliams
01-07-2010, 03:19 PM
so you travel every time, miss open jumpers, airball FT's and score about 3 points on 10 shots? (no freethrows)

sounds like your boy kobe from last night...10/30?

F.A.M.E.
01-07-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm the guy who only shoots 3's and I yell "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME TODAY I USUALLY HIT THOSE EVERY TIME"

I also take ridiculously long shots that have about .5% chance of making. Only because of how good it feels to actually make them.

I'm awesome

LAWL, there's always somebody on a pickup team like that. (usually the fatty who thinks he's Ray Allen takin' contested 3's and shootin' 10% from the field).

Lloyd Braun
01-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I play to look good first, win second (serious).

I have (actually had, haven't played in over a year) good handles and some nifty tricks up my sleeve but my outside shot was = fail. A few years ago I started working on developing a three point shot so I'm either driving or taking a three. I have no mid-range game lol.

My defense sucks b/c I expend all my energy on offense (serious). I try to block shots b/c I can jump pretty high for a white guy. That's about it.

Lloyd Braun
01-07-2010, 03:29 PM
i was shooting around by myself on an outdoor court in the hood and some 8 year old black kids came up and started playing with me cause they didnt have a ball. They kept calling me dirk nowitzki cause it was the only white player they knew. I raged

lmfao.

Coconut187
01-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Rafer Alston

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f384/eminemshw/skiptomylouslapchop.gif

eldolor
01-07-2010, 04:21 PM
kobe bryant

So you enjoy raping women in your spare time at the hotels between games?

Uh, remember Kobe's last game winner? He traveled to get into position. Oh snap.

Scores 3 points on 10 shots? Lebron averages more points per shot than Kobe when you count total points/shots. Take out free throw points, and Lebron still averages more points per shot. Oh snap.

Wait...you are aware that the only reason that Kobe is averaging 1.3 more points a game is because he takes about 3.5 more shots a game? By Lebron's points per shot, he'd be averaging 5 more points a game if he shot as much as Kobe.

You're a smart one.

bbacn123
01-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Stockton-

take good care of the ball and set others up for the most part. Can score if left open. Usually at my best when I don't have to be the primary scorer though. Not flashy for no reason, but can make the behind the back pass, etc, if it's necessary. On the defensive end, good perimeter D and scrappy with the ability to force TOs

eldolor
01-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I haven't played basketball in a while, but in high school I usually played like Artest or Bowen. I've always enjoyed defense more, and was always put to defend the others best offensive players. I could play dirty when needed, but still had a good 3 point shot. The main difference is that I was usually more athletic than the other players then, and was one of the few that could touch the rim easy in high school so I was a dominant rebounder and inside player too.

Pro_Shark
01-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Average ball handling skills, can't drive with the left hand, can't hit outside shots.

I got pretty good defending skills and am tall enough to contest for rebounds. I mostly look for the assists on offense though unless I get something down low.

Basketball is not my strong suite lol.

how2quitdrinkin
01-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I've been compared to Ray Allen and Reggie Miller, but I like to think of myself as a Kobe/Nash hybrid.

how2quitdrinkin
01-07-2010, 04:39 PM
So you enjoy raping women in your spare time at the hotels between games?

Uh, remember Kobe's last game winner? He traveled to get into position. Oh snap.

Scores 3 points on 10 shots? Lebron averages more points per shot than Kobe when you count total points/shots. Take out free throw points, and Lebron still averages more points per shot. Oh snap.

Wait...you are aware that the only reason that Kobe is averaging 1.3 more points a game is because he takes about 3.5 more shots a game? By Lebron's points per shot, he'd be averaging 5 more points a game if he shot as much as Kobe.

You're a smart one.

I liked you better when your name was fivas. Your Laker/Kobe hate was funny back then, but under your gay new sn it makes me want to bitch slap you. Eldolor ftl.

eldolor
01-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I liked you better when your name was fivas. Your Laker/Kobe hate was funny back then, but under your gay new sn it makes me want to bitch slap you. Eldolor ftl.

I like how you and the other Kobe fanboy's balls hurt when you point out a fact proving you wrong.

It's not my fault that someone Kobe fanboy tries to say Lebron only averages 3 points per 10 points, when Lebron averages more points per shot than Kobe.

Not my fault you cry and claim that the Lakers are the best team in the league when they are 6-5 against winning teams, and 0-1 against a top 5 team.

Not my fault that the only bragging you can do about Kobe is his game winners against bad teams. If Lebron was on the team, they would have been in the lead and wouldn't have needed the chance.

Bitch slap me. Do it.

Or, you can go fap to the Lakers constantly losing to terrible teams and Kobe taking half of his teams shots and still not able to be first in MVP voting.

I'm impressed.

not.

Seriously. Try to get a life or something. You Kobe fanboys try to flame Lebron and when someone proves it wrong, you try to act like we're hating on Kobe and the Lakers. Your reasoning is fail.

Madanzi
01-07-2010, 04:46 PM
reggie miller

i make it rain

chillster84
01-07-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm a hybrid between Dirk and Larry Bird.

2pacalypto
01-07-2010, 05:15 PM

You are obsessed.

eldolor
01-07-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm a hybrid between Dirk and Larry Bird.

And what is so hybrid about two players that were basically great shooting big men?

qualityclrk1
01-07-2010, 05:19 PM
i envision myself being michael jordan...(srs)..

http://www.torsten1.de/images/Basketball/Micheal%20Jordan's%20Famous%20Dunk.jpg

eldolor
01-07-2010, 05:21 PM
You are obsessed.

No. He's a retarded Kobe dickrider. He flames Lebron, and then cries when you prove him wrong and bring up facts about how Lebron is better than Kobe in the areas he brings up.

If he was obsessed he'd see Kobe and the Lakers for what they are. A team that is 1 game over .500 against winning teams, and Kobe being nothing more than half of his teams field goals even though he has 2 teammates that are shooting over 55%.

And for some reason, just like last night's game in the 3rd quarter, they believe Kobe is GOD because he's shooting right at 50% and takes 25 shots in a quarter while up until the last few minutes of the quarter, the rest of the team shot like 8-9 shots and only missed one. Seems like Kobe should have passed the ball more since his teammates were scoring at a higher percent than he was.

But Kobe fanboys don't see that.

kyleTX
01-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Wally Szczerbiak

black people don't pass to me

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Artest. Drunk and starting fights.

But seriously. Rodman. I just rebound and play defense.

GoingPlaces
01-07-2010, 05:27 PM
im probably a combo between magic/bird/kobe/jordan

but i dont like to brag

LAballin24
01-07-2010, 05:32 PM
No. He's a retarded Kobe dickrider. He flames Lebron, and then cries when you prove him wrong and bring up facts about how Lebron is better than Kobe in the areas he brings up.

If he was obsessed he'd see Kobe and the Lakers for what they are. A team that is 1 game over .500 against winning teams, and Kobe being nothing more than half of his teams field goals even though he has 2 teammates that are shooting over 55%.

And for some reason, just like last night's game in the 3rd quarter, they believe Kobe is GOD because he's shooting right at 50% and takes 25 shots in a quarter while up until the last few minutes of the quarter, the rest of the team shot like 8-9 shots and only missed one. Seems like Kobe should have passed the ball more since his teammates were scoring at a higher percent than he was.

Making assumptions in the regular season doesn't cut it, sonny. We all saw what happened to the cavs last year against the magic and how "unbeatable" they were at home.

SweetTouch
01-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Ron Artest

- Sippin Henny at halftime.

FryDude
01-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Damn it page two, I wanted to post in before everyone says they're Kobe Bryant.

In pickup games I'm a cross between Chris Bosh (physical stature and jump shot) and Tim Duncan (low post moves).

I'm not amazing but 6'4 is medium-tall in most pickup games and I take full advantage of that. Face up against bigger guys and post up against smaller guys.

I'm also capable of guarding almost all positions including the 1, lateral quickness ftw but lol I barely get off the ground.

Max~Power
01-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Bruce Bowen

- Dirty at times
- Great 1 on 1 defender
- doesn't drive to the hole
- hits open 3's

FLAY
01-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Earl Boykins

VernonWellsFargo
01-07-2010, 05:42 PM

you are sir are a moron........ i love how people talk about the regular season like it matters for anything, but your a lebron dickrider so anything you wanna talk about as far as him only comes from the regular season, oh noes the lakers are losing to teams with .500 records this is clearly an indication that they are not the reigning champs and will obviously do bad in the playoffs.... REMEMBER THE ROCKETS TOOK EM TO 7 GAMES LAST YEAR WITHOUT TMAC OR YAO, i mean srsly do you wear a lebron jersey and headband each night before you go to sleep?

camaleom
01-07-2010, 05:45 PM
manute bol

LOL

eldolor
01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Making assumptions in the regular season doesn't cut it, sonny. We all saw what happened to the cavs last year against the magic and how "unbeatable" they were at home.

Oh, assumptions when nearly half the season doesn't cut it.

But last year does, even though the Cavs have fix their weak point of lacking big men?

Wow. Pathetic point is pathetic.

The Lakers are 6-5 against winning teams THIS year. 0-1 against top 5 teams THIS year.

Yeah, let's talk about THIS year. Not last.

Silly Kobe fanboys.

chillster84
01-07-2010, 05:48 PM
And what is so hybrid about two players that were basically great shooting big men?

Larry Bird was a much better passer than Dirk is. I like Dirk's shooting game although I try and play a bit more inside. But others have noted that I am a very good passer.. like the fancy, accurate passes. On the school team but whatever.. I can still ball

eldolor
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
you are sir are a moron........ i love how people talk about the regular season like it matters for anything, but your a lebron dickrider so anything you wanna talk about as far as him only comes from the regular season, oh noes the lakers are losing to teams with .500 records this is clearly an indication that they are not the reigning champs and will obviously do bad in the playoffs.... REMEMBER THE ROCKETS TOOK EM TO 7 GAMES LAST YEAR WITHOUT TMAC OR YAO, i mean srsly do you where a lebron jersey and headband each night before you go to sleep?

I'm a Lebron dick rider because I point out FACTS about what he does better than Kobe when you Kobe fanboys try to make him look better?

3 points in 10 shots? Ha, again...Lebron averages more points per shot than Kobe. Wait...saying that makes ME a Lebron dick rider, not the other being an ignorant ****.

Most of what you said actually made no sense. You need to learn to make a complete thought if you are going to flame someone. Then you need to learn to make a complete thought and actually make a point if you're going to call someone who makes points to prove someone else wrong a Lebron dickrider.

Seriously.

So I can't say the Lakers aren't the best team in the league because they are 1 game over .500 against winning teams, but YOU can say the Cavs aren't going to do **** even though they dominated the Lakers?

Wat?

FryDude
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Larry Bird was a much better passer than Dirk is. I like Dirk's shooting game although I try and play a bit more inside. But others have noted that I am a very good passer.. like the fancy, accurate passes. On the school team but whatever.. I can still ball

Larry Bird was also a crafty post player if you got the chance to watch some of his old games.

Bulldog0520
01-07-2010, 06:03 PM
scottie pippen with a better 3pt shot