islanders
thrashers
coyotes
predators
blue jackets

move to canada or fold.

markusjj85
01-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Columbus is actually a pretty good hockey market. Atlanta is too big of a city to NOT have an NHL team. Lightning just won the cup a few seasons back so they are still riding that success...same with the Hurricanes even though they are horrible now. And the Islanders are well, the Islanders. Love able losers.

But I do agree that the Predators and Coyotes are a disaster. I wouldn't mind seeing another team in Winnipeg and Quebec.

sironous
01-07-2010, 04:57 AM
wut

Mark004
01-07-2010, 06:14 AM
hurricanes
panthers
lightning
islanders
thrashers
coyotes
predators
blue jackets

move to canada or fold.

Islanders have John Tavares, I don't see them folding soon. Blue Jackets are a good team and have the most underated NHL player in Rick Nash. It's too bad the preds don't have money, cause man they can scout talent. Lightning were having financial trouble, but stamkos, st louis, lecavier, and hedman will turn that team around. Thrashers have Kovalchuck, nough said. Your only real team with problems is the coyotes and they are on pace for the playoffs, which really helps.

CCAurora
01-07-2010, 06:45 AM
The Islanders have a pretty rich history, they'd better not go! Columbus seems to love their team, and the Hurricanes do well enough, but the rest could be shifted back around elsewhere. On the other side of the coin, the Ottawa Senators couldn't sell games out as a perennial contender in the 00's. So much for Canada being a strong market - that's why these teams all left in the first place.

I like that the NHL was aggressive enough to try getting over in these areas, though. At least they were more successful than all those American CFL teams that people forget about!

Exist 2 Inspire
01-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Atlanta is too big of a city to NOT have an NHL team.

The team always sucks but for some reason the Thrashers are more popular than the Hawks.

RavenStorm
01-07-2010, 08:38 AM
in b4 "they all need to GTFO and go to Kanadia"

Pern
01-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Not sure why Carolina or New York is on this list.