PDA

View Full Version : charles woodson named nfc defensive player of the month for 3rd time in 4 months

beer n brats
01-06-2010, 09:28 PM
he won it in september, november and december. he missed october or he would have won it every month of the season lol.

For the third time this season, Packers cornerback Charles Woodson will be named the NFC defensive player of the month for December/January, according to an NFL source.

Woodson, who also won the award in September and November, will officially receive the third honor tomorrow.

He already is the only player ever to be named NFC defensive player of the month multiple times in one season, but now he's just the third player in NFL history to be a player of the month three times. The others are running back Barry Sanders and kicker Mike Vanderjagt.

Canton baby!!

JuicintheJuice
01-06-2010, 09:30 PM
u mad?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/jets/2010-01-06-darrelle-revis-usat-dpoy_N.htm

bignpisst
01-07-2010, 05:12 AM
u mad?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/jets/2010-01-06-darrelle-revis-usat-dpoy_N.htm

Not even the real award, so who cares what a paper with a bunch of New York Homers writing for them thinks

papi93
01-07-2010, 06:22 AM
u mad?

I am sure that playing for NEW YORK had nothing to do with the results.

JuicintheJuice
01-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Not even the real award, so who cares what a paper with a bunch of New York Homers writing for them thinks

I am sure that playing for NEW YORK had nothing to do with the results.

1. The real award has an east coast bias. So this should be an indication of what's to come.

2. The fact that he won this award will give him momentum in the real voting. It would be like winning a highly contested state in a presidential election.

All that said, I doubt Revis will win. He should though.

Evolutionary1
01-07-2010, 08:53 AM
1. The real award has an east coast bias. So this should be an indication of what's to come.

2. The fact that he won this award will give him momentum in the real voting. It would be like winning a highly contested state in a presidential election.

All that said, I doubt Revis will win. He should though.

Revis has nothing on CW

BarlesCharkley
01-07-2010, 09:35 AM
u mad?

"He garnered three first-place votes from the 11-person panel, and claimed the award in a close vote by one point over Green Bay Packers CB Charles Woodson."

JuicintheJuice
01-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Revis has nothing on CW

Woodson will probably win it. There's no arguing that Revis is the better CORNERBACK though. Neon Deon said it himself. Woodson is a better "playmaker".

justin8684
01-07-2010, 09:48 AM
WOODSON
Tackles: 74
Sacks: 2
INT: 9
Forced Fumbles: 4
Total Turnovers Forced: 13
Defensive TD: 3

REVIS
Tackles: 54
Sacks: 0
INT: 6
Forced Fumbles: 0
Total Turnovers Forced: 6
Defensive TD: 1

Revis may be better than Woodson in pure lockdown coverage, but as a complete defensive player, Woodson all day brahs, he's the superior playmaker. The guy single-handedly forced 13 turnovers this year and scored 3 defensive TDs for Christ's sake.

PatrickBateman1
01-07-2010, 09:53 AM
He'll be only the 9th player ever to win the Heisman and be in the HOF...

6zd7sTo-SOk

justin8684
01-07-2010, 09:57 AM
I think some people are missing the big picture as to what Defensive POY means. Revis is better at one aspect on the defensive side of the ball than Woodson is, covering WR. Woodson is superior at every other aspect on the defensive side of the ball than Revis is: run support, blitzing, forcing turnovers, and making big plays. He is the better all-around defensive player.

Madanzi
01-07-2010, 10:03 AM
woodson is prob the mvp of his team right now

JRRBadBoy4Life
01-07-2010, 10:11 AM
WOODSON
Tackles: 74
Sacks: 2
INT: 9
Forced Fumbles: 4
Total Turnovers Forced: 13
Defensive TD: 3

REVIS
Tackles: 54
Sacks: 0
INT: 6
Forced Fumbles: 0
Total Turnovers Forced: 6
Defensive TD: 1

Revis may be better than Woodson in pure lockdown coverage, but as a complete defensive player, Woodson all day brahs, he's the superior playmaker. The guy single-handedly forced 13 turnovers this year and scored 3 defensive TDs for Christ's sake.

Going by those numbers alone, its really not even close. How many CB's have ever had the numbers Woodson has had.

Evolutionary1
01-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I think some people are missing the big picture as to what Defensive POY means. Revis is better at one aspect on the defensive side of the ball than Woodson is, covering WR. Woodson is superior at every other aspect on the defensive side of the ball than Revis is: run support, blitzing, forcing turnovers, and making big plays. He is the better all-around defensive player.

overall value>coverage

gyuto
01-07-2010, 10:24 AM
If Woodson doesn't win Defensive Player of the Year...I don't even know. It's not even remotely close.

ESPforMe
01-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I'd phuck Charles(no homo)