PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed...Newbie

soagirl
01-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I have finally committed to do something about my weight. Getting a few pounds away from tipping the scale to be 300 pounds has finally did it for me.

But now I have to myself in a tough bracket to lose all of this weight. So Please serious posts only. I really need the help

I have joined a local gym and I have a parnter to go with. I have been doing cardio 20 mins prior to weights and 20 mins after.

I am taking the following supplements : Lipo 6 Black
Tonalin CLA
Omega 3
L - Carnitine

I have also increased my protein to to 64 to 128 g via protein shakes.

Watching my cal intake. I basically havent been eating until dinner and that is extermely limited because I am watching my carb intake.

This is my first week. I weighed myself on Monday. Then Tuesday morning I weighed myself in the morning and I gained a 1.5. This morning I was 0.5 pounds lighter then Monday.

I'm getting fustrated even though this is the first weeek.

kc_shuffle
01-07-2010, 02:03 AM
1st thing is to relax. You wont loose all your weight in the 1st week.

Weigh yourself once per week on the same day at the same time EG: 1st thing Monday moring after going to the toilet ( 1's and 2's ).

Spread your calories over 4-6 meals.

Drink nothing but water.

Eliminate sugar from your diet.

Eat at least 25 g of fibre each day.

Do 35-40 mins cardio 3-4 times per week.

Lift moderate weights 3 times per week.

Being 300 lbs you will see some results following these tips alone.

Keep researching and DONT give up.

Phatso
01-07-2010, 03:07 AM
^ thats a bit harsh. you can still enjoy food when dieting aslong as its limited//calorie defecit.

also that 1.5 increase in weight could of possible been from water, which is why you lost the 0.5 after it.

Also weighing ourelf once a week/fortnight is better.

UpInSmoke
01-07-2010, 03:55 AM
Don't always go by the scale either, look in the mirror instead. The scales tend to jump around a little bit due to water weight and such. The good thing is though, from what I've seen and experienced, is that the bigger you are the faster you tend to shed the weight in the beginning. Don't get frustrated though, because it's all not going to happen at once. Just do what your supposed to do, watch your diet, keep it in the deficit, and get the exercise and you will see results.

soagirl
01-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks...watching the scale is driving me crazy. Yet helping me with my cal intake through out the day.

Now wondering if the supplements i'm using will help me with losing the weight or is it a waste of money.

ejthomp
01-07-2010, 01:59 PM
.......I have finally committed to do something about my weight. ......

......I have joined a local gym ......

.....I am taking the following supplements .....

....I have also increased my protein to to 64 to 128 g via protein shakes....

.....Watching my cal intake.

......I basically havent been eating until dinner.....

.....I'm getting fustrated even though this is the first weeek........

Committed - Good
Gym - Good
Supplements - Waste of money
Increased protein - good...protein shakes...okay..depending on calories
Not eating until dinner - DUMB
Frustrated - OF COURSE... YOU DON'T HAVE A SOLID PLAN

Start Over....

TELL US ALL ABOUT YOUR DIET! What do you plan to eat every meal? How many calories, how many grams of protein, carbs, fat...

Let's get your diet dialed in and take the guess work out of your plan. Then we will move on to the gym. BUT THE DIET WILL ALWAYS COME FIRST!

Il_Dago
01-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Whoa. Pump your brakes. You're a speeding car headed towards a brick wall right now. You'll hit, you'll crash and it'll be some time before you get back on the road. What's this "tough bracket" you've got? It's good to be enthusiastic, but damn, you're going too extreme with the restrictions. 3 step program for you, in no particular order:

#1 is your diet. Log everything that goes in your mouth on fitday.com or thedailyplate.com. Don't cheat yourself, be honest. Once you have a week or two averaged, you should be able to see trends that you can either encourage, or correct (enough protein? too many calories? not enough calories? "cookies" showing up too many times? etc). That is the way to start getting your diet in check. Not this "no eating until dinner" stuff.

#2 is the scale. Put it in your closet. Bring it out once a week at the most. Weighing yourself every day is silly unless you're doing it for fun (I woke up with bad cotton mouth, chugged a bunch of water and gained 3lbs since yesterday!). Chart your weight in your bodyspace, if it stays stagnant or goes up over the course of the month, you're doing something wrong. Change your diet and/or workout

#3 is your workout. So many articles on the main site that I'm not even going to bother with this one. Just go check out beginner's workouts, pick one you like and rock it like no other. Get a small notebook to take with you to the gym so you can record your workouts and increase your lifts accordingly.

That's it, you're off to the races. It's still going to be a tough road, but at least it's a road to success, not a harsh stop.