01-06-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14130031

U mad?

BrettT07
01-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Good article.

DRob27
01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Most of the article is SEC people talking about how good the SEC is lol... but yeah the SEC is the best, I don't see many reasonably people disputing that.

Big 10 and SEC are about even in head to head bowl games though recently(I think SEC leads by 1 win in this decade), always great games.

tmc.
01-06-2010, 06:01 PM
in terms of the whole football package - talent, coaching, power, speed, intensity, atmosphere, importance, culture, tailgating, rivalries, championships, prestige - there is no better conference

Tyler44
01-06-2010, 06:08 PM
in terms of the whole football package - talent, coaching, power, speed, intensity, atmosphere, importance, culture, tailgating, rivalries, championships, prestige - there is no better conference

multiple of those atributes could definately be disputed.

But the SEC has had a good run

Fastforward7
01-06-2010, 06:11 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14130031

U mad?

People don't really hate the SEC, people just hate their fans. Most obnoxious fans in sports imo. *shrugs*

Most of the article is SEC people talking about how good the SEC is lol... but yeah the SEC is the best, I don't see many reasonably people disputing that.

This. We all know the SEC is tops. What are you trying to convince us of in this thread? Oh wait, it's just another self-administered blowjob by SEC fans. Pretty standard.

tmc.
01-06-2010, 06:15 PM

I mean the football package as a whole is the best, not necessarily each individual aspect.

And I laffed at "has had a good run". SEC isn't going anywhere.

tmc.
01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
People don't really hate the SEC, people just hate their fans. Most obnoxious fans in sports imo. *shrugs*

This. We all know the SEC is tops. What are you trying to convince us of in this thread? Oh wait, it's just another self-administered blowjob by SEC fans. Pretty standard.

I haven't met an SEC fan anything like a MatieMcgee (who isn't an uncommon Ohio State fan).

BrettT07
01-06-2010, 06:17 PM
I dunno about sec fans being the worst. PAC 10 and big 10 fans have both been very quick to announce themselves as top dog this season when something good happened for them (not all of course), and there are some Texas and Ohio State fans talking a lot of trash. Again, not all though.

wtfbarbeque
01-06-2010, 06:27 PM

You sir are wrong. I'm actually a stand up guy.

mtomjr14
01-06-2010, 06:28 PM
You sir are wrong. I'm actually a stand up guy.

this :)

Fastforward7
01-06-2010, 06:28 PM
I haven't met an SEC fan anything like a MatieMcgee (who isn't an uncommon Ohio State fan).

Matie is the new standard for fans? That's a pretty low bar, don't you think?

Anyway, I honestly don't mind rabid psycho fans like that. They're good for a lol but not taken seriously. My problem with a lot of SEC fans is they refuse to acknowledge any other team. If an SEC team loses it's because they had players injured or the team didn't show up to play or the coaches balls itched or something equally stupid. If a team wins a bowl game against a non-SEC opponent and the fans are pumped about it then that team was just not very good after all. There are plenty of good SEC fans and more good than bad but I see more bad ones than I do out of any other conference. *shrugs*

Tyler44
01-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I mean the football package as a whole is the best, not necessarily each individual aspect.

And I laffed at "has had a good run". SEC isn't going anywhere.

i didnt mean it that way, they arent going anywhere i know.

Its so subjective though, the best conference stuff. If you live in the South the SEC is #1. If you're in Big10 country, all those aspects you named can be said about it as well.

Im not here to debate, Im truely sick of that. Im just saying, its all subjective.

Tyler44
01-06-2010, 06:46 PM

Living in Ohio, going to OSU games every year I have never met a single Buckeye fan that acts like he does IRL. We all know internet forums make people more cocky and people troll. I really dont get the OSU fan hate from some of you guys. Id bet the majority of people on here havent even been to Ohio. True Buckeye fans talk legit football, there are crazies in every fanbase.

Calhexas
01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Living in Ohio, going to OSU games every year I have never met a single Buckeye fan that acts like he does IRL. We all know internet forums make people more cocky and people troll. I really dont get the OSU fan hate from some of you guys. Id bet the majority of people on here havent even been to Ohio. True Buckeye fans talk legit football, there are crazies in every fanbase.

honestly, this

IRL I'm not nearly as brash as I am on the boards, but that's what makes the boards so fun. I'm a fan don't get me wrong, but I'm usually pretty reserved until someone says something I don't really like. Even then I don't let it become that heated. I laugh a lot of crap off IRL, especially around my gf's dad who's a drunk FSU fan 90% of the time.

all in good fun brahs

Tyler44
01-06-2010, 06:51 PM
honestly, this

IRL I'm not nearly as brash as I am on the boards, but that's what makes the boards so fun. I'm a fan don't get me wrong, but I'm usually pretty reserved until someone says something I don't really like.

all in good fun brahs

Sometimes we all take this board a tad bit too seriously.

Im guilty

mtomjr14
01-06-2010, 06:53 PM
goddamn it...thought most of you guys would try to argue or something...

Tyler44
01-06-2010, 06:53 PM

why u mad though?

Calhexas
01-06-2010, 06:55 PM
why u mad though?

because these are the boards

you SEC-haters are supposed to be all "nuh-uh our conference is the best"

just like some of the jackasses in the pro-OSU thread. Big10 is the best conference lol

all of the sudden you guys got no bawls

Tyler44
01-06-2010, 06:56 PM

just like some of the jackasses in the pro-OSU thread. Big10 is the best conference lol

here im tryin to play nice and you want a 3rd thread about this ****zzzzzzz

mtomjr14
01-06-2010, 06:56 PM

this ^^^

oh well...brb new season of man vs wild

MatieMcgee
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM

Its a internet forum , thats all it is. If there's someone that defends the big 10 in basketball and football im 'that guy', but im not saying the big 10's the best, im just defending it when people say it sucks.

starting a thread saying the sec is the best is dumb, because no big 10 fans start threads saying the big 10 is the best, they just demand respect for all of the crap that sec fans pulled the last 3 fricken years, and it was annoying as funk

Calhexas
01-06-2010, 06:58 PM
this ^^^

oh well...brb new season of man vs wild

you know that ****'s fake right?

mtomjr14
01-06-2010, 06:59 PM

i'm so bored it's not even funny brah...

wtfbarbeque
01-06-2010, 07:02 PM
You guys are getting all mushy.

gjohnson5
01-06-2010, 07:06 PM

Then start disputing if you believe that

Calhexas
01-06-2010, 07:07 PM

yeah I'd like to know wtf he was going to say

Tyler44
01-06-2010, 07:07 PM

how many of these threads do we have to have? Nothing I say will matter to you, nothing you say will matter to me

Everything you think about the SEC, I think about the Big10.

what more do you want?

Calhexas
01-06-2010, 07:13 PM
how many of these threads do we have to have? Nothing I say will matter to you, nothing you say will matter to me

Everything you think about the SEC, I think about the Big10.

what more do you want?

weak

explain your post nao

pro11skj
01-06-2010, 07:36 PM

really cant argue it hah. maybe the big-10 has a case to argue but thats only this year. The sec the past 5 years has been pretty dominant.

mtomjr14
01-06-2010, 07:55 PM

Bear Grylls just gave himself an enema...

dogyo
01-07-2010, 01:23 AM
In the past seven seasons, the SEC's bowl record is 35-19 (.648), including 8-2 in BCS bowls and 5-0 in the BCS championship. The next closest is the Pac-10 at 24-16 (.600).

Since the 2000 draft, the NFL has drafted 400 players out of the SEC. Next is the Atlantic Coast with 364. On Mel Kiper Jr.'s big board on ESPN.com, six of the top 19 prospects are SEC players.

According to the Sports Business Journal, six of the top 11 football revenue producers in 2007-08 were from the SEC.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14130031#ixzz0buepHdGc