PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas 'pulled gun' in Wizards' locker room

Psylence
01-06-2010, 02:18 PM
From correspondents in Washington, D.C. From: NewsCore

WASHINGTON Wizards point guard Gilbert Arenas has been suspended indefinitely without pay after pulling a gun out in the NBA team's locker room during a gambling dispute.

The punishment came amid an investigation into the incident by Washington, D.C.?s Metropolitan Police Department.

?Although it is clear that the actions of Mr Arenas will ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse, his ongoing conduct has led me to conclude that he is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game,? National Basketball Association Commissioner David Stern said.

?Accordingly, I am suspending Mr Arenas indefinitely, without pay, effective immediately pending the completion of the investigation by the NBA."

The harsh suspension comes less than 24 hours after the NBA All-Star reportedly sprayed his teammates with fake gunfire with his fingers as they huddled before their game against the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday night.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Arenas took to his Twitter page after the Philadelphia incident, writing ?Sorry if I (ticked) anybody off by us having fun," the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

Arenas met with Washington, D.C. police yesterday and apologised for his lack of judgment in bringing three guns to the Wizards' locker room.

"Contrary to some press accounts, I never threatened or assaulted anyone with the guns and never pointed them at anyone," he said.

?Joke or not, I now recognise that what I did was a mistake and was wrong.

"I should not have brought the guns to D.C. in the first place, and I now realise that there's no such thing as joking around when it comes to guns - even if unloaded.?

LiMiTz
01-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Still a fan, I think David Stern makes assumptions too quickly

dannyboy33
01-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Arenas is washed up anyways

hotamales
01-06-2010, 02:22 PM
It's not like he shot himself in the leg.

To be honest, i could give a rats ass

AGENT ZERO is the man

Johnny_D_09
01-06-2010, 02:22 PM
i hope my kids grow up to be just like him...

captainhorseboy
01-06-2010, 02:25 PM
gonna see him play tonight

HYDRAE
01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
gonna see him play tonight

no you aren't he is suspended.

Un0RiGiNaL
01-06-2010, 02:28 PM

lol

neilsabo
01-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Still a fan, I think David Stern makes assumptions too quickly
he powertrips way too much... still, i agree with the indefinite suspension w/o pay... no reason for NBA players to have guns at work, much less joke around with them...

i actually think this is worse than what plaxico burress did... at least burress wasn't at work...

captainhorseboy
01-06-2010, 02:31 PM

i didnt say basketball

IllPhill
01-06-2010, 02:57 PM
i didnt say basketball

wut

VernonWellsFargo
01-06-2010, 03:09 PM
i didnt say basketball

wat

F.A.M.E.
01-06-2010, 03:12 PM
lol this is some bullshiit. If the contract is voided, who yall think signs him? (Knicks? Heat?)

Woogiefied
01-06-2010, 03:18 PM
According to the Washington Post

NBA all-star Gilbert Arenas and his Washing ton Wizards teammate Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other in the team's locker room during a Christmas Eve dispute over a gambling debt, The Post has learned.

League sources say the pistol-packing point guards had heaters at the ready inside the Verizon Center, the Washington, DC, home of the Wizards -- whose name was changed from the Bullets over gun- violence concerns.

VernonWellsFargo
01-06-2010, 03:21 PM
lol @ anyone really thinking gilbert pulled a gun on someone

TPower81
01-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Go to work with an unloaded gun, and pull it on your co-worker. Please report back so we know what to do with Arenas.

MVP
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
This is pretty much standard when it comes to professional athletes

The media will take something any athlete does, or even find something, and blow it way out of proportion, to make that athlete look bad. It's all based on assumptions, and where the media and their followers will draw their own conclusions. It's what the media gets paid to do, and they can care less about you.

The ones who really know what happened are those that were in the locker room. Everything else is all media work, looking to make money

I find it hilarious that every picture posted in any NBA section on the internet of Arenas, is a pic of him giving another player, or ref, a bad facial expression because of a foul etc..
It's being done to make him look like some dirty, gangster, thug.

Thanks to the media and their followers

2Rude4MyOwnGood
01-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Just heard on the radio that there may be a video tape from the locker room. Not lookin good for Gilbert. He goin to jail.

MVP
01-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Just heard on the radio that there may be a video tape from the locker room. Not lookin good for Gilbert. He goin to jail.

Didn't know security likes to watch men get naked and change in the locker room :(

TexasHeat
01-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Arenas should be banned from the NBA for life. What he did is completely unacceptable and his joking and attitude about it afterwards shows he doesnt care.