PDA

View Full Version : wow, 2010 MLB HOF induction was a fail

jacketfan
01-06-2010, 03:09 PM
so they dont let in alomar, but let in Dawson LOL. and Fred McGriff only got 21% of the vote

Seasons with OPS+ of 140 or more: Fred McGriff 9, Andre Dawson 2.

Prob382
01-06-2010, 03:11 PM
not all fail...whitey herzog made it in

KingCanuck
01-06-2010, 05:16 PM
MLB HOF = phaggots

Especially when the best baseballer of all time won't even be in the Hall (Bonds) nor will the all time leader in hits (Rose)

And probably the best 2nd baseman of all time isn't inducted on the first ballot (Robbie)

KennyK
01-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Tim Raines

/thread

jacketfan
01-06-2010, 05:21 PM
brb voting in a guy with a career OBP of .320

evilsteve02
01-06-2010, 05:22 PM
how did Alomar (the best 2nd baseman from 94-2000) and Barry Larkin (one of the best SS from like 88-96 or 97) seriously not get enough votes?? that is crazy...i dunno what these guys who are voting have in their head...honestly i still the McGwire should get in too, i mean everyone in the 90's and early 2000's was on steroids, i mean look at how huge those guys were and the numbers of Homers they all put up...deal with it, not to mention who knows how many guys in the 70's and 80's used um too??

tmc.
01-06-2010, 06:05 PM
worst hall of fame in any sport

actually, in virtually every sport now hall of fame and all-star/pro bowl voting is a complete joke

89FoxBody
01-06-2010, 07:40 PM
The HOF is becoming a joke. Alomar will get in but the writers like to play games by making players wait a few years. They let it get to their heads.

GetBigyo
01-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Its been a joke for the past few years.

The HOF is made for guys like Ruth,Mantle,Williams,etc, not Dawson.

ivegotbigballs
01-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Dawson is a total joke. Not letting in Barry Larkin and Alomar is a total joke.

StanDarsh
01-06-2010, 08:15 PM

The HOF is made for guys like Ruth,Mantle,Williams,etc, not Dawson.

I agree with this. It definitely waters down the meaning of being a member of the Hall of Fame.

Grind4Mine
01-06-2010, 09:10 PM

The HOF is made for guys like Ruth,Mantle,Williams,etc, not Dawson and Barry bonds, or Big Mac.

bbacn123
01-06-2010, 09:48 PM
While I understand people are upset Alomar is not first ballot, let's not get carried away with the Dawson hate because of it.

Dawson is:

34th in RBIs
36th in HRs
45th in career hits
stole over 300 bases
has 8 Gold Gloves (ranking him 9th in OFers)
An 8-time all star

Dawson was one of those 5-tool players everyone loves so much these days.

Let the writers play their games. Alomar will clearly get in, as will Larkin. It's not really a big deal.

But Dawson does deserve to be in. Let's not get mad at him because the writers like to play games with 1st balloters.

jacketfan
01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
While I understand people are upset Alomar is not first ballot, let's not get carried away with the Dawson hate because of it.

Dawson is:

34th in RBIs
36th in HRs
45th in career hits
stole over 300 bases
An 8-time all star

Let the writers play their games. Alomar will clearly get in, as will Larkin. It's not really a big deal.

But Dawson does deserve to be in. Let's not get mad at him because the writers like to play games with 1st balloters.

well, personally im glad they are letting ****burgers like dawson in. going to make it easy when my boy Andruw Jones is up.

Andruw Jones vs Dawson Comparision

OBP-
AJ-.340
Dawson-323

OPS
AJ-.826
Dawson-.808

HR per season
AJ-33
Dawson-27

RBI per season
AJ-99
Dawson-98

SB per season
AJ-12
Dawson-19

Defense-
lets just LOL about this one

GetBigyo
01-06-2010, 09:56 PM

Dawson is:

34th in RBIs
36th in HRs
45th in career hits
stole over 300 bases
An 8-time all star

Dawson was one of those 5-tool players everyone loves so much these days.

It took Dawson 21 years to get those stats and there not even mind blowing.

Mike Francesa brought up a great point today on how its turned into a joke and that you shouldn't have "to think about" whether or not someone should be in it.

bbacn123
01-06-2010, 10:52 PM
It took Dawson 21 years to get those stats and there not even mind blowing.

Mike Francesa brought up a great point today on how its turned into a joke and that you shouldn't have "to think about" whether or not someone should be in it.

longevity counts. This isn't a "Who was the best in the prime" HOF. It's a who has the best career numbers regardless of how he got them done.

If one guy kept in shape long enough to play longer, no sh*t he's gonna have more of a shot. But that counts. Durability matters.

And if you say durability doesn't matter, just go ask Ken Griffey fans how much it matters.

bbacn123
01-06-2010, 10:54 PM
well, personally im glad they are letting ****burgers like dawson in. going to make it easy when my boy Andruw Jones is up.

Andruw Jones vs Dawson Comparision

OBP-
AJ-.340
Dawson-323

OPS
AJ-.826
Dawson-.808

HR per season
AJ-33
Dawson-27

RBI per season
AJ-99
Dawson-98

SB per season
AJ-12
Dawson-19

Defense-
lets just LOL about this one

Again, this is not a "who was best in their prime" HOF.

Longevity counts. So you can throw around all those "per season" numbers you want, but the fact that Andruws fat ass couldnt keep in shape long enough to sustain a better career is no one's fault but his own.

Andruw has hurt his own chances with that.

That said I don't think Andruw has a problem. Easily the best CF to ever play the game (and this is coming from someone who hates him, so there's no homer bias in this statement I can assure you)

jacketfan
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Again, this is not a "who was best in their prime" HOF.

Longevity counts. So you can throw around all those "per season" numbers you want, but the fact that Andruws fat ass couldnt keep in shape long enough to sustain a better career is no one's fault but his own.

Andruw has hurt his own chances with that.

That said I don't think Andruw has a problem. Easily the best CF to ever play the game (and this is coming from someone who hates him, so there's no homer bias in this statement I can assure you)

if AJ puts together another 2 seasons like last year, he will be pretty close to dawson on some of those total numbers like HR's. he is still like 33

bbacn123
01-06-2010, 11:12 PM
if AJ puts together another 2 seasons like last year, he will be pretty close to dawson on some of those total numbers like HR's. he is still like 33

Andruw's fat ass is done. He doesn't want to be good. He still has the talent, he's always had it. But he doesn't want it.

That's why I hate him. He could be so good if he would just listen. But that dumbass had to pull the ball every single at bat. It's a wonder he never snapped his back with some of the swings he took. He should just be lucky he's still walking with some of those violent, eyes closed, swings he liked to take every at bat.

jacketfan
01-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Andruw's fat ass is done. He doesn't want to be good. He still has the talent, he's always had it. But he doesn't want it.

That's why I hate him. He could be so good if he would just listen. But that dumbass had to pull the ball every single at bat. It's a wonder he never snapped his back with some of the swings he took. He should just be lucky he's still walking with some of those violent, eyes closed, swings he liked to take every at bat.

AJ had an OBP of .323 last year. Thats Dawson's, a hall of famer, career OBP.

bbacn123
01-06-2010, 11:33 PM
AJ had an OBP of .323 last year. Thats Dawson's, a hall of famer, career OBP.

And Shoeless Joe Jackson has a career OBP of .423 and a career average of .356

Maybe....just maybe....if he wanted to be in the HOF he should have played more than 10 seasons.

What's your point man? Should we let Shoeless Joe in because he COULD have had better total numbers?

Edit:

Yes im aware he's ineligible. Even without that, he really shouldnt get in.

NYY
01-06-2010, 11:43 PM
MLB HOF = phaggots

Especially when the best baseballer of all time won't even be in the Hall (Bonds) nor will the all time leader in hits (Rose)

And probably the best 2nd baseman of all time isn't inducted on the first ballot (Robbie)

So true.

It's a damn shame Bonds or Rose probably won't get in.