PDA

View Full Version : Andre Dawson Makes Baseball Hall of Fame.

NYY
01-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Only one to get 75% of the vote.

Key misses include Blyleven and Alomar.

kalmamd
01-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Damn....

good for dawson though

KingCanuck
01-06-2010, 11:07 AM
How the **** didn't Alomar make it?

Thats bull****.

NYY
01-06-2010, 11:11 AM

Thats bull****.

I dunno man. How did Jim Rice get in?

NewYorkMets
01-06-2010, 11:12 AM

Thats bull****.

what a fuken joke
dawson had a nice career not a HOF career
alomar as much as he stunk with the mets dominated his position before he was traded to ny, he should've been the only HOFer this year.

iliveinjersey
01-06-2010, 11:14 AM
what a fuken joke
dawson had a nice career not a HOF career
alomar as much as he stunk with the mets dominated his position before he was traded to ny, he should've been the only HOFer this year.

agreed him and omar at ss and second beast combo

IraHays
01-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Nice, The Hawk was awesome.

KingCanuck
01-06-2010, 11:19 AM
ROBERTO ALOMAR

There was once a time, in the mid-to-late '90s, when, if you'd asked me to name my favorite player to watch in the whole sport, I'd have answered: Robbie Alomar.

Why? Because he might have been the most creative, most stylish defensive innovator to pass through this game since Ozzie Smith. That's why. Alomar was a guy who made plays no one else made, saw things no one else saw and did it all with a Human Highlight Video flair that leaped off the field at you.

But Roberto Alomar was just as dominant on the other side of the ball. He had a 10-year period (1992 to 2001) in which he LED THE MAJOR LEAGUES in hits. And the three second basemen in history who can match his career numbers (2,724 hits/.300 average/.371 on-base pct./.443 slugging pct.) all started their careers before 1925.

So how anyone could look at Alomar's career and NOT vote for him is a bigger mystery to me than Stonehenge. If the definition of a Hall of Famer is a man who dominated his position for an extended period of time, then think about all this:

Robbie Alomar won more Gold Gloves (10) than any second baseman who ever played. He's the only second baseman in history who ever made 12 All-Star teams in a row. He finished in the top six in five MVP elections. And he and Mike Schmidt are the only two infielders in history with at least 10 Gold Gloves and four Silver Sluggers.

So aside from the disgraceful John Hirschbeck incident, there's no justification -- none -- for leaving Alomar off anyone's ballot. And we've elected players whose careers included worse blemishes than that. If you consider Roberto Alomar's full body of work and look at the entirety of his career, he's a Hall of Famer. Period.

The_Albatross
01-06-2010, 11:21 AM
awesome

NewYorkMets
01-06-2010, 11:25 AM
so he had the hirshbeck incident, you have the guys in the HOF who are known racist, guys who scoffed the ball and in a few years who are going to have guys who used steriods in the hall. can't even take the hof serious anymore, it use to be a place where if you had a great career you would end up and before that you had to be an immortal now you just need a good career and be a nice guy because that's a main reason why dawson made it, he's a gentleman. don mattingly's top 6 season are better than dawson's. i'm looking at dawson's #'s now and this dude was a complier.

NDame616
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
maybe the voters didn't like him because he has AIDS and purposely gave it to his wife.....?

NewYorkMets
01-06-2010, 11:30 AM
albert belle's career > andre dawson's

StanDarsh
01-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Relax. Alomar will get in eventually.

KingCanuck
01-06-2010, 11:35 AM
maybe the voters didn't like him because he has AIDS and purposely gave it to his wife.....?

Lawsuit was dropped...bitch made it up.

And even if he did, wtf does that have to do if you're a hall of fame worthy baseball player or not?

NDame616
01-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Lawsuit was dropped...bitch made it up.

And even if he did, wtf does that have to do if you're a hall of fame worthy baseball player or not?

You're right, it would have nothing to do with it. Players are always judged just on the states and nothing else. No outside factor has ever determined the HOF.......

http://afrankangle.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/peterose.jpg

http://www.hot-news-polls.com/images/mark-mcguire.jpg

bustermac
01-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Dawson deserved it, Bert DOES deserve it.

Alomar doesn't yet...maybe after a while.

His legacy is spitting in an ump's face:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/web/COM1038162/index.htm

Woogiefied
01-06-2010, 11:42 AM
I agree with KingCanuk, Alomar not being a first ballot HOF is a travesty. With that said I am also tired of people getting 15 ****ing chances to make the Hall. I don't understand it, the numbers don't change, why is he deserving one year and not the previous 10 (hypothetical)? To me you either have a HOF career or you don't, its not the hall of really good players, its the best of the best. /Rant

Mac_xX
01-06-2010, 11:50 AM
You're right, it would have nothing to do with it. Players are always judged just on the states and nothing else. No outside factor has ever determined the HOF.......

http://afrankangle.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/peterose.jpg

http://www.hot-news-polls.com/images/mark-mcguire.jpg

brb comparing non baseball related issues with completely baseball related issues.

NDame616
01-06-2010, 11:52 AM
brb comparing non baseball related issues with completely baseball related issues.

He said what does off the field sh!t have to do with a guy getting into the HOF.

I said it has a lot to do with it.

But ok!

brighamw
01-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Good job "Hawk Man", one of my all time favorites :)