PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer to a real "world' series...

brighamw
01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9D2D6OO0&show_article=1

What are your thoughts on this MLB fans?

bustermac
01-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Stupid idea. We'd win every time.

GApump
01-06-2010, 12:22 PM
we already have the World Championship and its in the MLB, you know-the league that all the stars of the Japanese league go to. I wouldn't mind an exhibition, but I don't like the whole "Global World Series" moniker.

Selig is such a jerkoff

NYY
01-06-2010, 12:23 PM

Japan has beaten the US in the last two WBC tournaments.

I think the idea is stupid. Wouldn't be thrilled trying to watch baseball at 5 in the morning ever year, plus the amount of travel days for the teams would be nuts.

NDame616
01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
I think the idea is stupid. Wouldn't be thrilled trying to watch baseball at 5 in the morning ever year, plus the amount of travel days for the teams would be nuts.

So what? They had their best players. We didn't......

This idea is stupid. An exhibition game AFTER the pinnacle of the season?

It'll be less watched than the pro bowl

weakguy
01-06-2010, 12:46 PM

I think the idea is stupid. Wouldn't be thrilled trying to watch baseball at 5 in the morning ever year, plus the amount of travel days for the teams would be nuts. WBC is basically our spring training. Japan prepares for that ****, MLB players warm up with it.

bustermac
01-06-2010, 12:56 PM

WBC is not a true indicator. It's like a Spring Training warmup tournament for MLB players. Non-MLB players are the only ones who really put effort into it.

Also, some of Japan's top players won't be in the Japan-US "World" Series because they'll be playing for their MLB team for the USA.

No Ichiro, Iwamura, Matsusaka, Fukudome, Johjima, Okijima and others for the Japanese team. They could be playing AGAINST Japan in this idea.

NYY
01-06-2010, 01:04 PM
WBC is not a true indicator. It's like a Spring Training warmup tournament for MLB players. Non-MLB players are the only ones who really put effort into it.

Also, some of Japan's top players won't be in the Japan-US "World" Series because they'll be playing for their MLB team for the USA.

No Ichiro, Iwamura, Matsusaka, Fukudome, Johjima, Okijima and others for the Japanese team. They could be playing AGAINST Japan in this idea.

You do got a point there.

qbanboy14
01-06-2010, 02:03 PM
So what? They had their best players. We didn't......

This idea is stupid. An exhibition game AFTER the pinnacle of the season?

It'll be less watched than the pro bowl

I love how North Americans find an excuse when they lose.
everyone playing for USA team was part of the MLB (best league). 3/4 of the Japanese team does not play in the mlb. so you saying the Japanese team had better players?

GTFO

usa haven't won **** in international tournaments

brighamw
01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
everyone playing for USA team was part of the MLB (best league). 3/4 of the Japanese team does not play in the mlb. so you saying the Japanese team had better players?

GTFO

usa haven't won **** in international tournaments

You're right we haven't won ****. But as far as the "team" thing. The Japan team is an actual team. They practice together, gel, etc... The US team is thrown together from different teams and they practice like a week & then play. I'm against this idea BTW...

NDame616
01-06-2010, 02:19 PM

GTFO

So because they were playing therefore they were the best players in the country? Nope.

The best players don't play, and they shouldn't.

bbacn123
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM

Are you a retard?