PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Tech has the most jr. high offense in the NCAA.

dogyo
01-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Just watching the highlights on sportscenter, makes me rage.
Paul Johnson may be a great guy, but he's a joke of a coach.

The triple option works for the service academies because of their players. They aren't as big as other schools, you have to play to your strengths.

But it's f*cking Georgia Tech!!! You have a beast receiver, beast running back, huge o-line...this team wasn't built for the triple option, it was built for a REAL style of offense.

West Virginia with White & Slaton out of shotgun and throwing the ball >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nesbit & Dwyer in the triple option.

It's only a matter of time before Georgia Tech fans realize this too.

EDIT: in b4 any "non-sholent" replies.

Exist 2 Inspire
01-06-2010, 08:18 AM
a joke of a coach? lol

and they aren't built for the triple option? then why does it work so well?

DA_MOSS
01-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Just watching the highlights on sportscenter, makes me rage.
Paul Johnson may be a great guy, but he's a joke of a coach.

The triple option works for the service academies because of their players. They aren't as big as other schools, you have to play to your strengths.

But it's f*cking Georgia Tech!!! You have a beast receiver, beast running back, huge o-line...this team wasn't built for the triple option, it was built for a REAL style of offense.

West Virginia with White & Slaton out of shotgun and throwing the ball >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nesbit & Dwyer in the triple option.

It's only a matter of time before Georgia Tech fans realize this too.

EDIT: in b4 any "non-sholent" replies.

agreed.. I think i heard last night that all of GT's losses the past 2 years were from teams that had longer than a week to prepare....any team with athletic ability will catch on if you give them enough time to

^^^^AKA GT vs LSU last year

Russia25
01-06-2010, 08:41 AM
The coach recruited those players to fit his style of offense. They are built for the triple option.

GT went 11-2 this year and finished 9th in the rankings. That's better than 100+ other D1 teams.

The reason why they lost to Iowa is because Iowa had a month to prepare. When given a week, most teams cannot prepare for the triple option but given a month you have enough time to get players adjusted to everything.

Even with that month preparation, GT still did not get blown out.

And if you think their offense is boring then you should consider looking at some of their highlights from the season.

NoS_oUtLaSt
01-06-2010, 08:56 AM
agreed.. I think i heard last night that all of GT's losses the past 2 years were from teams that had longer than a week to prepare....any team with athletic ability will catch on if you give them enough time to

^^^^AKA GT vs LSU last year

This. It's good for catching people off guard but when teams have a couple of weeks to focus on it it's a complete joke

Miked1978
01-06-2010, 08:58 AM
The coach recruited those players to fit his style of offense. They are built for the triple option.

GT went 11-2 this year and finished 9th in the rankings. That's better than 100+ other D1 teams.

The reason why they lost to Iowa is because Iowa had a month to prepare. When given a week, most teams cannot prepare for the triple option but given a month you have enough time to get players adjusted to everything.

And if you think their offense is boring then you should consider looking at some of their highlights from the season.

you are correct sir

DA_MOSS
01-06-2010, 09:15 AM

did you watch the game last night at all? GT had 1 solid drive the ENTIRE game..1 offensive TD. 9 total 1st downs; 155 total yards.. thats a domination.. thats what a month of prep. will do

Iowa blew a few opportunities too so the scoreboard does not indicate how lopsided that game was!

oldmantime
01-06-2010, 09:19 AM
I haven't watched tech play other than last night, but that Iowa d was just stifling. They were on their game last night.

G-mane12
01-06-2010, 09:20 AM
it reminds my of my old HS offense.. and we didn't even have playbooks lol

G-mane12
01-06-2010, 09:21 AM

so i guess GT needs more than a month to prepare for Iowa's non-sholent offense? lol

thefullmonte
01-06-2010, 09:41 AM
I haven't watched tech play other than last night, but that Iowa d was just stifling. They were on their game last night.

Iowa's D is 100% legit. Too bad that folks outside the Big 10 haven't gotten to see them much this season because they are absolutly fantastic.

dalynchmob
01-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Iowa's D is 100% legit. Too bad that folks outside the Big 10 haven't gotten to see them much this season because they are absolutly fantastic.

This

They are a very well coached and disciplined team. Other players say the reason they are so tough is because they are fundamentally sound and don't make mistakes.

I was at the game (2nd row behind the Iowa bench) and the game was close on the scoreboard but that was it. Iowa dominated that game on on defense, shutting down the "vaunted" GT offense. They also had over 400 yards of offense. Iowa is a good team, and a big reason is they are one of the best coached teams in the country.

On TV did it seem like there were many GT fans? Because around Miami we didn't see more than 20 GT fans from Saturday to Monday night. At the game the Iowa fans made GT fans non existent. The few I talked to at the tailgate were cool, but there weren't many of them there.

jump_man23
01-06-2010, 09:14 PM
dat dere farm boys

Mafiafolife77
01-06-2010, 09:16 PM

GT won the sh!tty ACC and got dominated in their bowl game by a better team. It had to do with the actual matchup itself more than anything. Iowa's defense vs. that joke of an offense = lulz. They're disciplined as fukk. All about matchups mayne

Many people would see having such a long break in between games as a bad thing so I don't see how that is part of it. Although I'm pretty much certain any dumb sh!t could learn how to stop the triple option in a month. Except turrible ACC teams, that is.

feardafronfz3
01-06-2010, 09:20 PM
This. It's good for catching people off guard but when teams have a couple of weeks to focus on it it's a complete joke

ask missouri if they think that offense is a complete joke

Mafiafolife77
01-06-2010, 09:25 PM
ask missouri if they think that offense is a complete joke

lol is missouri good or something? did they even have a fukking bowl game?

pro11skj
01-06-2010, 09:26 PM
op you listen to jim romee?

feardafronfz3
01-06-2010, 09:28 PM
lol is missouri good or something? did they even have a fukking bowl game?

yeah got destroyed by navy in their bowl

Mafiafolife77
01-06-2010, 09:30 PM

i was unaware. Navy is very disciplined though, Mizzou doesn't have the defense Iowa has, not even close. and the hawkeyes defense matches up perfectly against non-sholent offenses like gt's.

dalynchmob
01-06-2010, 09:34 PM

It was pathetic, but Navy is a pretty strong team you have to credit them. They expose undisciplined defenses.

Iowa was disciplined and well-coached and had the athletes to stop GT's offense. It wasn't the first team Iowa has done this to. IMO, it was more a result of Iowa's defense being that good, instead of GT's offense being bad.