PDA

View Full Version : Critique my diet please!

str8pump
01-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Starting my winter cut, is this a good diet? any suggestions or criticism is greatly appreciated!

8am: 1 cup yogurt, banana or apple

10am: can of tuna

12pm: lean chicken, salad, Animal Pack

2pm: Apple, Whey protein Isolate, cheese

4pm (pre-workout): Jack3d

7pm(postworkout): Whey protein Isolate

7.45: 1/2 cup Brown Rice, adding a lean protein

10-10:30pm: 1/2 cup no-fat cottage cheese

str8pump
01-04-2010, 08:27 PM
bump

Insight
01-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Stop overthinking it. Just figure out your caloric maintenance level, and eat 500 less than that every day. Eat anything you want. Just get enough protein in each day, and try to eat reasonably "healthy" foods so that you don't have a heart attack at some point in February.

I've been cutting since October and I've lost 13 pounds eating chips, candy, McDonald's, you name it. Just eat whatever you want, and stay under maintenance. That's it.

Pre/post workout dial it in more.

str8pump
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Stop overthinking it. Just figure out your caloric maintenance level, and eat 500 less than that every day. Eat anything you want. Just get enough protein in each day, and try to eat reasonably "healthy" foods so that you don't have a heart attack at some point in February.

I've been cutting since October and I've lost 13 pounds eating chips, candy, McDonald's, you name it. Just eat whatever you want, and stay under maintenance. That's it.

Thanks for the suggestion, Im gonna try to stick to my plan and see how it goes though

tennesse09
01-05-2010, 04:26 AM
i agree with finding your maintenence and dropping 500 cals, but everything i have read in books and mags is to lose the carbs at dinner to lean out, and eat at least i gr. of protein per lb of bodyweight, other than that i think your on the right track. good luck

No_Name_Guy
01-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Starting my winter cut, is this a good diet? any suggestions or criticism is greatly appreciated!

8am: 1 cup yogurt, banana or apple

10am: can of tuna

12pm: lean chicken, salad, Animal Pack

2pm: Apple, Whey protein Isolate, cheese

4pm (pre-workout): Jack3d

7pm(postworkout): Whey protein Isolate

7.45: 1/2 cup Brown Rice, adding a lean protein

10-10:30pm: 1/2 cup no-fat cottage cheese

Looks terrible to me

Jay KaY Cutler

Jets51
01-08-2010, 05:59 AM

this is not sound advice. wtf?

i swear these boards get worse and worse everyday...

M0tive
01-08-2010, 06:33 AM

yea and you help them oh so much by saying this... instead of giving decent advice?

makes sense.

Nutshell20
01-08-2010, 06:34 AM

You're right. No one wants to do the work it takes to create a sound meal plan. OP, get a fitday account and know what you are eating.

spedfrk
01-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Looks good, I ate similar and lost 50 pounds. Just make sure you are burning calories as well so you can create the "calorie defecit"!

Jets51
01-08-2010, 08:31 AM
yea and you help them oh so much by saying this... instead of giving decent advice?

makes sense.

i'm not creating a meal plan for this guy. his diet sucks. i'll give him what his macros should be if he should supply enough information for me to do so.

and yes it helps by saying he shouldn't listen to cappy advice.

eat whatever you want...that is absurd. this whole calories in vs calories out is simple enough to understand, but its not as simple as people are making it out to be.

Jets51
01-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Looks good, I ate similar and lost 50 pounds. Just make sure you are burning calories as well so you can create the "calorie defecit"!

i honestly don't know why OP is even cutting. if his stats are true...6'5" and 195 lbs...then maybe he should chose a different route. i have no idea. i haven't seen this guy but he's eating like a small woman according to his current diet.