PDA

View Full Version : when should i eat my carbs?

panaxxIX
01-04-2010, 07:33 AM
okay so im starting that insanity workout dvd thing and i just ate a meal and im gonna do the workout probally around 11. i noticed there was basically no carbs in the meal. should i switch this meal next time for something with more carbs, like brown rice, for before my workout? or does it not matter? i was planning on eating the rice later on tonight, is that a bad idea?

snorkelman
01-04-2010, 08:40 AM
I am not familiar with that plan and don't have time to look it up, but if you are on a low carb diet, many people at least make sure to get what little carbs their meal plans provide so that they are getting carbs pre- / post-workout.

kusok
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
okay so im starting that insanity workout dvd thing and i just ate a meal and im gonna do the workout probally around 11. i noticed there was basically no carbs in the meal. should i switch this meal next time for something with more carbs, like brown rice, for before my workout? or does it not matter? i was planning on eating the rice later on tonight, is that a bad idea?

It's good to eat carbs before and after work-out, and even before bed. Don't listen to the lunacy about when it's ok and not ok to eat carbs.

If carbs before bed are not good, then carbs before sitting at the desk for 6 hours is not good, so don't eat carbs before you go to school or work! (insert eye roll here)

Carbs before work-out will fuel your work-out, carbs after work-out will help recovery, carbs before bed will keep you full and help you recover.
Just watch the calories and get lots of protein and good fats.