PDA

View Full Version : Cutting for 7 months, no real progress!

justiss282
12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
So basically I've been cutting for about the past six or seven months, went from about 180 to now around 155, and am basically skinny fat. Honestly I pretty much look the same just smaller, if that makes sense. Not much muscle tone at all, still have a small gut, and fat on chest and other areas.
As far as my workout I do a 3 day split, lift heavy, compound lifts, and do HIIT on non-lifting days for about 20 minutes. I'm basically trying to figure out where I'm going wrong, and the only thing I come up with has to be something wrong with my diet. I'll post my diet and see if maybe you guys can give me some ideas of what I might need to change. I'm taking in around 1800 calories, with a 40/30/30 macro split.

1 cup oats, 2tps nat peanut butter, 2 scoops whey

Workout

Post workout: 2 scoops whey, 1 scoop creatine

8oz chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli

Salad w/ cut up 8oz chicken breast, 1tps light dressing, 1 cup oats

1tps nat peanut butter, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Before bed-1tps nat peanut butter, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Coldrin
12-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Is that all your eating for the whole day? Doesn't look like 1800 calories to me.

barook
12-30-2009, 02:29 PM
So basically I've been cutting for about the past six or seven months, went from about 180 to now around 155, and am basically skinny fat. Honestly I pretty much look the same just smaller, if that makes sense. Not much muscle tone at all, still have a small gut, and fat on chest and other areas.
As far as my workout I do a 3 day split, lift heavy, compound lifts, and do HIIT on non-lifting days for about 20 minutes. I'm basically trying to figure out where I'm going wrong, and the only thing I come up with has to be something wrong with my diet. I'll post my diet and see if maybe you guys can give me some ideas of what I might need to change. I'm taking in around 1800 calories, with a 40/30/30 macro split.

1 cup oats, 2tps nat peanut butter, 2 scoops whey

Workout

Post workout: 2 scoops whey, 1 scoop creatine

8oz chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli

Salad w/ cut up 8oz chicken breast, 1tps light dressing, 1 cup oats

1tps nat peanut butter, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Before bed-1tps nat peanut butter, 1/2 cup cottage cheese

well...if your really taking in about 180g of protein and lifting heavy with 1800 calories, i don't imagine you'd be losing much muscle, but you wouldn't be gaining any either. if you feel that your too small now that you've lost all that weight, maybe its time to bulk?

gbardahl
12-30-2009, 02:32 PM
time to put muscle on!!!

DevilMan02
12-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Dude you lost 25lbs in 7months? That's 3.57lbs/month. That's not too shabby. That's right in there with the 1-2lbs / week mark.

First of all, you may not notice a difference because you see your body all the time. Did you take before pictures to have something to compare to?

2nd, Have you been watching how much weight you've been losing/gaining each week? If it has more or less stopped even with the same diet and exersize routine you may have to change one of the two in order to get over the plateu.

I'm no expert, but from what i've read around here i'd imagine someone is going to suggest you try lowering your caloric intake by 500calories---but without knowing your height that could be dangerous. You may also want to switch up your exersize routine to completely different exersizes. Do ever work your thighs/legs? Do you do shrugs? Push ups? Find exersizes you don't do and replace them with the ones you've been doing routinely. The body needs change and to be constantly challenged.

Maybe start bulking and bring your calories up to 2500.

justiss282
12-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Is that all your eating for the whole day? Doesn't look like 1800 calories to me.

Actually it's just a little over 1800, around 1838 or something like that, but I'm definitely hitting 1800 everyday.

justiss282
12-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Dude you lost 25lbs in 7months? That's 3.57lbs/month. That's not too shabby. That's right in there with the 1-2lbs / week mark.

First of all, you may not notice a difference because you see your body all the time. Did you take before pictures to have something to compare to?

2nd, Have you been watching how much weight you've been losing/gaining each week? If it has more or less stopped even with the same diet and exersize routine you may have to change one of the two in order to get over the plateu.

I'm no expert, but from what i've read around here i'd imagine someone is going to suggest you try lowering your caloric intake by 500calories---but without knowing your height that could be dangerous. You may also want to switch up your exersize routine to completely different exersizes. Do ever work your thighs/legs? Do you do shrugs? Push ups? Find exersizes you don't do and replace them with the ones you've been doing routinely. The body needs change and to be constantly challenged.

Maybe start bulking and bring your calories up to 2500.

I have taken pictures, and while I can definitely tell I'm smaller, there's basically not much muscle going on at all. I've been watching my weight, and loosing the weight isn't the problem, I've lost around 1-2lbs a week since the beginning of my cut, but haven't noticed a big drop in my bodyfat %, so basically it seems I'm loosing weight but not bodyfat.
I thought about dropping my cals down to maybe around 1700 and seeing what that might do, but I'm around 5'10 height-wise so I don't know if that would be too little for the day, and I'd just end up starving at night.

Reloadguy
12-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I have taken pictures, and while I can definitely tell I'm smaller, there's basically not much muscle going on at all. I've been watching my weight, and loosing the weight isn't the problem, I've lost around 1-2lbs a week since the beginning of my cut, but haven't noticed a big drop in my bodyfat %, so basically it seems I'm loosing weight but not bodyfat.
I thought about dropping my cals down to maybe around 1700 and seeing what that might do, but I'm around 5'10 height-wise so I don't know if that would be too little for the day, and I'd just end up starving at night.

It's impossible not to lose some fat when you're dropping weight but part of it could be muscle or you had so little muscle to begin with that you won't see a significant difference until your BF is very low.

Post a picture.

100whey
12-30-2009, 03:53 PM
now that your down to 155lbs you will have alot less fat poundage wise. You went from 180 to 155 at 5'10. At those weights and height I would assume you haven't built your base yet. If you want to be toned work on gaining muscle for about 2 years and build your base so that when you try to get ripped and you lose the fat theres some muscle there to show. No offense but 180 at 5'10 seems pretty average and 155lbs seems skinny. If you built your base then got to like 180 at the end of your cut that would be better.