PDA

View Full Version : muscle pump Q

adrenaline25
12-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Not really sure where to put this one so i figured i would put it in nutrition and supplement catagories. I have been working out for some time now and have made a LOT of gains, but I always notice i look better at the gym, one day it popped in my head "well duh, i have a pump goin at the gym". well just cause i am a curious person by nature i decided to see what kind of difference i get with a pump. From my understanding people tend to gain, for example, a quarter to half in in thier arm. Well I took a pre measurement of arms and chest then after working out, it was a chest and bicep day, I took measurements again. I gained 1 1/4 in. in each arm, and 2 3/4 in. in the chest. This seems like a rather huge jump just for a pump. Maybe I am wrong, which is why i am asking. If not, any ideas on how to up my blood/plasma supply, as i can only figure that would be the only reason for having that much of a change. all input is welcome. I know this is kind of a mute point and definitely an odd question, but as i said i am a very curious person.

TitanFB11
12-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Not really sure where to put this one so i figured i would put it in nutrition and supplement catagories. I have been working out for some time now and have made a LOT of gains, but I always notice i look better at the gym, one day it popped in my head "well duh, i have a pump goin at the gym". well just cause i am a curious person by nature i decided to see what kind of difference i get with a pump. From my understanding people tend to gain, for example, a quarter to half in in thier arm. Well I took a pre measurement of arms and chest then after working out, it was a chest and bicep day, I took measurements again. I gained 1 1/4 in. in each arm, and 2 3/4 in. in the chest. This seems like a rather huge jump just for a pump. Maybe I am wrong, which is why i am asking. If not, any ideas on how to up my blood/plasma supply, as i can only figure that would be the only reason for having that much of a change. all input is welcome. I know this is kind of a mute point and definitely an odd question, but as i said i am a very curious person.

are you pretty much asking how to get a better pump?

because your question is a little misunderstanding....

adrenaline25
12-27-2009, 10:19 AM
are you pretty much asking how to get a better pump?

because your question is a little misunderstanding....

No actually, it seems to me that the pump i am getting is a lot. So what i am thinking is that perhaps i am not producing enough blood/plasma for everything.

TitanFB11
12-27-2009, 10:35 AM
lol no. alldepends on how much your lifting, the intensity,the rep # ,the set #, the weight # ,what your taking preworkout. many factors alter this.

a 1 1/4 in pump is pretty big but is possible and dosent mean your not producing enough blood. just meansyour exerting maximum force ans resistance to your muscle causing your body to alow more blood flow to these areas to drive more nutrients,blood and oxygen to the working muscles for recovery. this is why a huge pump is optimal for muscle growth especially considering your pwo nutrition. the better the pump, the better those nutrients your getting pwo are absorbed/utilized.

so all in all to answer your ques. no this dosent mean your body is not producing enough blood.