PDA

View Full Version : Charles Woodson=GOAT

feardafronfz3
12-24-2009, 02:43 PM
"I don't mean to offend anybody by saying this, but he's the best football player I've ever seen in person. I've never seen anybody dominate a position the way he has"

- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers on Woodson

KingCanuck
12-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Rodgers sending subliminals at frave?

Blasphemy
he's the man

Grozzy12
Brb getting Heisman trophy

BeanieWells
12-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Rodgers is on crack because Aeneas Williams is the GOAT

beer n brats
12-24-2009, 03:03 PM
rodgers knows whats he's talking about. aaron and charles are the best at their positions.

way to go aaron. youre the man. you too chuck

sellihca
12-24-2009, 03:04 PM
i like woodson but didnt big ben just burn him on sunday?

beer n brats
12-24-2009, 03:04 PM
i like woodson but didnt big ben just burn him on sunday?

nope. woodson wasnt burned once. that was jarrett bush.

Masstastic
12-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Charles Woodson isn't the best CB in the NFL, I dont know how Rodgers can call him the GOAT he's ever seen at the position.

They haven't thrown the ball to Nnamdi Asomugha's side of the field in 3 years.

Im just sayin.

MatieMcgee
12-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Charles Woodson isn't the best CB in the NFL, I dont know how Rodgers can call him the GOAT he's ever seen at the position.

Im just sayin.

thats a good thing i dont know him (srs) , the best corners are the ones who you never here about because they don't get thrown against, but woodson i think is the best defensive player in the league hands down.

BNR
12-24-2009, 03:19 PM
does anyone know how many times Asomugha has been thrown to this year?

Lean88
12-24-2009, 03:23 PM

26 according to profootballfocus - woodson thrown at 63 - revis 98.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=CB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

BartholomewHunt
12-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Before Rod Woodson moved to safety, he was an outstanding corner.. The total package..

feardafronfz3
12-24-2009, 03:26 PM

26 times the ball has been thrown at Asomugha this year, 21 resulted in complete passes, an 80% completion percentage for a QB rating of 102.9.

BNR
12-24-2009, 03:28 PM
26 times the ball has been thrown at Asomugha this year, 21 resulted in complete passes, an 80% completion percentage for a QB rating of 102.9.

damn, he's going more than triple his completions from last year

Masstastic
12-24-2009, 03:46 PM

Asomugha has played 797 snaps this season and has been thrown at 26 times.

A ball is thrown his direction once every 30 plays

Lets not act like he doesnt put fear into the hearts of Offensive Coordinators.

Masstastic
12-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Asomugha has been thrown at 79 times in the last 3 years.

Hes been shutting **** down for awhile now. He can give up 1 catch, because hes shutting his man down for the rest of the game.

beer n brats
12-24-2009, 03:53 PM
great article about charles woodson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?page=hotread15/Woodson

Lean88
12-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Stats dont mean ****, the raiders are a bad team and have been the last few year. So they are often behind, so the opposing offense doesnt have to throw the ball as much, especially not deep, plus if other recievers are wide open then the ball will be thrown there and not to him.

IMO there is no such thing as a 'shutdown corner' in the modern nfl. Asomugha is a great player but it annoys me when people talk as if QB's dont even look his way

papi93
12-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Give Asomugha five more years in the league and see if he is still playing at a defensive player of the year level like Woodson is. Asomugha is five years younger.

ESPforMe
12-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Chuck's the man for sure

beer n brats
12-24-2009, 04:18 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/29dyczm.jpg

2009 DPOY

spirit3530
12-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Heisman/DROY/5 ProBowls

/thread

markusjj85
12-24-2009, 06:04 PM
BRB DEION SANDERS

brb Rod Woodson

brb Nhamdi...in a few years

iliveinjersey
12-24-2009, 07:33 PM
rodgers knows whats he's talking about. aaron and charles are the best at their positions.

way to go aaron. youre the man. you too chuck

revis brah revis

iamgenus
12-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Woodson is an excellent player but hardly GOAT. Hell this year the Packers haven't exactly faced teams with stud receivers or passing offenses.

Scrabble has been dominant for several years now. Woodson had a couple of years where he took a big decline.

Fastforward7
12-24-2009, 08:13 PM
BRB DEION SANDERS

Sh*tty tackler + not at all physical = not complete package = not even close to GOAT.

CCAurora
12-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Sh*tty tackler + not at all physical = not complete package = not even close to GOAT.

You're out of your mind! Not even close to GOAT? Why is he the first name mentioned every time?

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Deion-Sanders-R.article.jpg

This guy in his prime never had the need to tackle because nothing got past him. Ever.

Erik2806
12-24-2009, 08:18 PM
he MUST be if aaron rodgers says so...

markusjj85
12-24-2009, 08:25 PM
He didn't need to tackle because QBs were terrified of throwing his way.

beer n brats
12-24-2009, 08:56 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/x1i07d.jpg

markusjj85
12-24-2009, 09:08 PM
brb delusional bias packer fan

iamgenus
12-24-2009, 09:54 PM

Nobody is hating on him...just saying he's not the greatest of all time.

You want to talk about delusional?

How about the mental reject who said the following

"rodgers knows whats he's talking about. aaron and charles are the best at their positions.

way to go aaron. youre the man. you too chuck "

You could actually argue that Woodson is the best this year...but to say Rogers is the best QB in the league at this point is a joke.

beer n brats
12-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Nobody is hating on him...just saying he's not the greatest of all time.

You want to talk about delusional?

How about the mental reject who said the following

"rodgers knows whats he's talking about. aaron and charles are the best at their positions.

way to go aaron. youre the man. you too chuck "

You could actually argue that Woodson is the best this year...but to say Rogers is the best QB in the league at this point is a joke.

hey dipsh-t, what i said is not a stretch. rodgers has a very good case for leagues best qb.

he has the 4th best qb rating (102.4) 3962 pass yards, 305 rushing yards, 32 total tds (28 pass, 4 rush) 7 ints. then consider he plays behind one of the worst o lines in the nfl (it has improved though)

as a matter of fact, aaron deserves to be an nfl mvp candidate as much as favre, manning or brees.

you have never seen rodgers play if you think saying he is the best in the nfl is 'delusional'

kethnaab
12-24-2009, 10:42 PM
nope. woodson wasnt burned once. that was jarrett bush.

Woodson got stuck playing safety a lot of the game

Nnamdi's gotten burned, and hard, this year on several occasions by both Vincent Jackson and Santonio Holmes.

Before Rod Woodson moved to safety, he was an outstanding corner.. The total package..

yep. Best all-around DB since the rule changes in 1978

Lets not act like he doesnt put fear into the hearts of Offensive Coordinators.

Steelers didn't avoid him, neither did the Chargers.

it's a very reasonable argument to say that Rodgers is the best QB *THIS YEAR*

AppleCat
12-24-2009, 10:49 PM
This could be a dumb question (since I don't follow the Packers all that much), but who is typically covering the #1 receiver. I would assume Woodson, but I could be wrong.

To me, I would always here praises of how great Champ Bailey is/was, but he is constantly getting thrown at, simply because he is guarding the best receiver most of the time.

I don't think you can judge it strictly on # of balls thrown your way.

(If Woodson isn't normally guarding the #1, then disregard my statement and I will feel like idiot).

Shangius
12-24-2009, 10:50 PM
brb delusional bias packer fan

Pretty much consensus he will get DPOY.

beer n brats
12-24-2009, 11:09 PM
This could be a dumb question (since I don't follow the Packers all that much), but who is typically covering the #1 receiver. I would assume Woodson, but I could be wrong.

To me, I would always here praises of how great Champ Bailey is/was, but he is constantly getting thrown at, simply because he is guarding the best receiver most of the time.

I don't think you can judge it strictly on # of balls thrown your way.

(If Woodson isn't normally guarding the #1, then disregard my statement and I will feel like idiot).

woodson is on the #1 wr but he doesnt shadow in man to man all game. he gets moved around like in the slot, blitzes, and plays some saftey. the packers also run a lot of zone. woodson plays everywhere and does everything. thats why he is the best defensive player in the nfl currently.

kethnaab
12-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Oakland is about the only team that plays strict Cover 0 anymore, and Nnamdi rarely moves around, he stays on one side of the field regardless who is there.

This season, Revis has been the best strict cover corner, but Woodson has been the best all-around corner, i.e. cover + blitz + run support

robogain
12-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Oakland is about the only team that plays strict Cover 0 anymore, and Nnamdi rarely moves around, he stays on one side of the field regardless who is there.

This season, Revis has been the best strict cover corner, but Woodson has been the best all-around corner, i.e. cover + blitz + run support

last game vs denver he covered marshal lthe whole game and shut him down.

only time marhsall got his catches was when they played zone ( raiders play zone every once and awhile now)

SpiderSense
12-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Woodson is definitely one of the greatest defensive players I've ever seen/of this generation.

Best ever is pretty hard to say, Rod Woodson was a beast, Ray Lewis is always top 5 or so in tackles, the sick thing is they both played on the same team (albeit not for long) :eek:

(Charles) Woodson is definitely in the elite of the elite though.

SpiderSense
12-24-2009, 11:27 PM
last game vs denver he covered marshal lthe whole game and shut him down.

only time marhsall got his catches was when they played zone ( raiders play zone every once and awhile now)

Uh, Woodson isn't on the Raiders.

Packers played the Steelers last week.

SpiderSense
12-24-2009, 11:37 PM
as a matter of fact, aaron deserves to be an nfl mvp candidate as much as favre, manning or brees.'

Oh I agree totally man.

28 TD's and 7 INT's = 4:1 TD/Int

Plus 4 rushing TD's.

The only thing I even saw worth mentioning is that Mainning had less fumbles- Cause he's been sacked 39 less ****ing times!!!

Manning has 33 TD's and 15 INT's so barely over 2:1.

I don't know about his offensive line but it wasn't as bad as the Packers earlier this year, I can guarantee that.

AND, Colts have played virtually nothing but cans all year.

But people want to act like you're crazy suggesting Rodgers for MVP.

Media brainwashing at it's finest.

Shangius
12-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Oh I agree totally man.

28 TD's and 7 INT's = 4:1 TD/Int

Plus 4 rushing TD's.

The only thing I even saw worth mentioning is that Mainning had less fumbles- Cause he's been sacked 39 less ****ing times!!!

Manning has 33 TD's and 15 INT's so barely over 2:1.

I don't know about his offensive line but it wasn't as bad as the Packers earlier this year, I can guarantee that.

AND, Colts have played virtually nothing but cans all year.

But people want to act like you're crazy suggesting Rodgers for MVP.

Media brainwashing at it's finest.

You really think the Colts would be undefeated with Rodgers? Lol. And I like ARod too, but c',mon. Stats do not tell the whole story here.

SpiderSense
12-24-2009, 11:41 PM
So long as Rodgers stays healthy, plays long enough, and they keep at least the same level of talent around him on offense in terms of receivers, I think he's gonna go down as the GOAT QB bar none.

This guy throws TD's to INT's at an alarming rate.

He simply doesn't mess up.

SpiderSense
12-24-2009, 11:43 PM
You really think the Colts would be undefeated with Rodgers? Lol. And I like ARod too, but c',mon. Stats do not tell the whole story here.

What?

If Rodgers was on the Colts, yeah they'd be undefeated and Rodgers would probably be having a 20007 Brady type season TBH.

I don't know how people can even say "OMG manning has had so many 4th Qtr. comebacks".

Half of those are cause Manning plays like **** the first half.

That's not doing anything special, it's called breaking even.

SpiderSense
12-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Look at Rodgers stats and tell me what you think they'd be like if he was sacked 39 times less.

Shangius
12-24-2009, 11:46 PM
What?

If Rodgers was on the Colts, yeah they'd be undefeated and Rodgers would probably be having a 20007 Brady type season TBH.

I don't know how people can even say "OMG manning has had so many 4th Qtr. comebacks".

Half of those are cause Manning plays like **** the first half.

That's not doing anything special, it's called breaking even.

This is why you are red. Good day.

cor030
12-24-2009, 11:46 PM
If I was building a franchise from scratch, and got to choose any player to build it around.. it'd be Aaron Rodgers.

MrGameAndWatch
12-24-2009, 11:47 PM
http://blog.mitchellandness.com/image.axd?picture=2009%2F8%2Fdeion+21.jpg

Primetime baby

beer n brats
12-24-2009, 11:52 PM

its possible. aaron nearly won the steelers and both vikings games by himself. all games gb lost. manning is a great qb but the colts have won games 14-12, 18-14, 20-17, 17-15, and shut down the cardinals offense holding them to 10 points on their own field. the only thing that has manning as front runner for mvp is the colts record and it certainly isnt only because of manning.

rodgers on the colts i think would do just as well if not better than manning especially if the colts were playing as well on all sides of the ball as they do for manning. rodgers is playing as well as any qb in the league and that is behind one of the worst o lines in the league. the colts have an outstanding o line and two premier targets in wayne and clark and a top D. i think they would be every bit as good, if not better with rodgers at qb.

SpiderSense
12-24-2009, 11:52 PM
If I was building a franchise from scratch, and got to choose any player to build it around.. it'd be Aaron Rodgers.

You can make a very legit argument for him being the best QB in the NFL right now and he's certainly the best young QB.

robogain
12-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Uh, Woodson isn't on the Raiders.

Packers played the Steelers last week.

wasnt talking abuot woodson dumb**** .. i was tlaking about nnamdi

Greg1983
12-25-2009, 07:22 AM

This times a million.

SpiderSense
12-25-2009, 07:24 AM
This is why you are red. Good day.

Look again bitch :eek:

iamgenus
12-25-2009, 11:58 AM
it's a very reasonable argument to say that Rodgers is the best QB *THIS YEAR*

Since when are we talking about this year? GOAT by definition means of all time.

And Rodgers has had a very good season in GB but he's also taken a ton of sacks he shouldn't have and it's a big stretch to take him over Manning or Brees this year.

I would gladly have him on the niners though and he is a top 5 QB this year without a doubt...but not the best and certainly not of all time.

iamgenus
12-25-2009, 12:03 PM
hey dipsh-t, what i said is not a stretch. rodgers has a very good case for leagues best qb.

he has the 4th best qb rating (102.4) 3962 pass yards, 305 rushing yards, 32 total tds (28 pass, 4 rush) 7 ints. then consider he plays behind one of the worst o lines in the nfl (it has improved though)

as a matter of fact, aaron deserves to be an nfl mvp candidate as much as favre, manning or brees.

you have never seen rodgers play if you think saying he is the best in the nfl is 'delusional'

I'll answer you and SpiderSense guy or whatever here.

As I mentioned in the post above Rodgers has been excellent this year and is a top 5 QB in the league and works great in the offense he runs in GB. However he's not the best qb out there - not this year and certainly not of all time.

If you take of your sausage grease stained homer glasses you'd see that.

And for you guys mentioning him being sacked so much and playing behind the league worst OL - total BS. The 49ers have the worst offensive line around. I think it was Ourlads or some other side that picked their unit the worst in the whole NFL - not just offensive line - unit.

Part of Rodgers game is holding the ball for too long. Also part of what makes Manning so good is how quick he gets rid of the ball. That's a part that doesn't show up in stats since sack numbers automatically get attributed to the offensive line.

iamgenus
12-25-2009, 12:09 PM
its possible. aaron nearly won the steelers and both vikings games by himself. all games gb lost. manning is a great qb but the colts have won games 14-12, 18-14, 20-17, 17-15, and shut down the cardinals offense holding them to 10 points on their own field. the only thing that has manning as front runner for mvp is the colts record and it certainly isnt only because of manning.

rodgers on the colts i think would do just as well if not better than manning especially if the colts were playing as well on all sides of the ball as they do for manning. rodgers is playing as well as any qb in the league and that is behind one of the worst o lines in the league. the colts have an outstanding o line and two premier targets in wayne and clark and a top D. i think they would be every bit as good, if not better with rodgers at qb.

Wow...you may be a bigger homer than KingKanuck or calikid...

Peyton Manning IS the Colts. He is the offensive coordinator and their qb. Without him they do not play as well. Only a blind fool could even try to argue otherwise.

Manning makes his offensive line look better and Rodgers makes his look worse. The two teams run very different offenses and Rodgers would look nowhere near as good if the two just switched teams. It's not exactly a knock on Rodgers it's more a compliment to Manning. The guy is a phenomenal qb and if not for his struggles in the playoffs he'd be GOAT.