PDA

View Full Version : Good posture helps you look lean

watertoy
12-24-2009, 02:10 PM
The most Ive ever seen my abs has been recently at a higher bodyfat than when i was younger but with good posture.

Lots of standing up, slow walking and lieing down with good posture(eg. pillow under or between knees).

Also if you do heavy compounds it can throw out your posture for a few days.

I prefer all isolation so you can concentrate on good posture.

It depends on your lifestyle.

If you have to work 40 hours a week at a desk heavy compound failures will result in your posture not being as good as it can.

Magsz
12-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Wait...what?

Could you re word some of what you just said.

Ive been told that doing compound lifts like deadlifts and squats are GOOD for posture due to the excellent core workout they provide.

I believe i have a minor case of scoliosis and would love to see my back a bit straighter, im wondering what i should be doing.

indiana_jones
12-24-2009, 08:35 PM
ive also noticed this. as i worked in a call center for some time i could actually see how fat deposit was taking preference to the posture i was taking. most dramatic was/is the shortening of the chest muscles it makes weird fat tits. although i lost alot of weight now,i just dont have the back erector muscles to keep me upright effortlessly so i have to hit the gym hard. something that ive found very funny is that since i started doing the PMS diet ( PMFD) my posture has been alot worse. i have so little energy i literally have to try to be upright kinda like the machinist. i worry that i wont ever be able to rectify my curved spine. i know i have minor scoliosis because i would lean to one arm rest instead of the other. some info would be great.

watertoy
12-25-2009, 12:13 AM
Some things that help are kneeling chairs. Keeping your head back. standing instead of sitting. Kneeling on your knees to do something. Slow walking inside your house.

If you search for "chiropractic on youtube there is some tips from chiropractors.