PDA

View Full Version : going on a cut, some advice please??

ironman900
12-23-2009, 10:58 PM
so i have decided to cut from 230 to 200, i belive i can do this in 2-3 months. I want to lose the weight then bulk up for summer. however i dont want to lose too much muscle and since you can really gain much muscle i want to tone up the muscle that i already have while cutting. So for maximum results druing a cut. would you reccomend light or heavy weights? I kinda dont want to do heavy because I dont want my body to become adapted to heavy weights when it comes time you bulk. which do you guys reccomend?? please be as descriptive as possible. thanks everyone!

barook
12-23-2009, 11:42 PM
so i have decided to cut from 230 to 200, i belive i can do this in 2-3 months. I want to lose the weight then bulk up for summer. however i dont want to lose too much muscle and since you can really gain much muscle i want to tone up the muscle that i already have while cutting. So for maximum results druing a cut. would you reccomend light or heavy weights? I kinda dont want to do heavy because I dont want my body to become adapted to heavy weights when it comes time you bulk. which do you guys reccomend?? please be as descriptive as possible. thanks everyone!

your body can become unadapted to heavy weights in the matter of about 2 weeks of no lifting. but that happens to everyone, bulking or not, thats why people change exercises and take breaks, pple often plateau. I'd lift heavy now and after, but keep in mind your lifting to preserve muscle, not to build, not when your in a caloric deficit. though pple new to lifting may be able to gain some muscle for a little while.

Shinet
12-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Important aspect of cutting is diet and nutrition. Get your diet and nutrition straight before even cutting. Get enough protein, cut -500 calories from your daily caloric intake; if you start to see no more weight loss, cut the calories down by -200 until you are satisfied OR eating enough. Protein is key, but other macro nutrients are also important. Be sure to give your body some rest, and not workout 7 days/week. Also, drink lots of water. It's important.

Be sure to lift heavy, so during the process of cutting you minimize the decrease of muscle mass, and maximize fat loss (muscle burns fat to sustain itself and the body). Be sure to do leg workouts. Not many people do that and most guys that I know have a huge upper body but skinny legs. Looks bad.

Your body will not be adapted to heavy weights because you will always increase and decrease in strength depending on how much recovery, motivation, and diet you are supplying to the cutting phase. Also, when you start to bulk, you will definitely lift heavier than when you are cutting.

That's basically it unless I forgot something.

RaginAzN
12-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Important aspect of cutting is diet and nutrition. Get your diet and nutrition straight before even cutting. Get enough protein, cut -500 calories from your daily caloric intake; if you start to see no more weight loss, cut the calories down by -200 until you are satisfied OR eating enough. Protein is key, but other macro nutrients are also important. Be sure to give your body some rest, and not workout 7 days/week. Also, drink lots of water. It's important.

Be sure to lift heavy, so during the process of cutting you minimize the decrease of muscle mass, and maximize fat loss (muscle burns fat to sustain itself and the body). Be sure to do leg workouts. Not many people do that and most guys that I know have a huge upper body but skinny legs. Looks bad.

Your body will not be adapted to heavy weights because you will always increase and decrease in strength depending on how much recovery, motivation, and diet you are supplying to the cutting phase. Also, when you start to bulk, you will definitely lift heavier than when you are cutting.

That's basically it unless I forgot something.

very nice, I couldn't have said it better myself, reps!

~CoNkY~
12-24-2009, 06:52 AM

Lift heavy, but not necessarily super heavy. Should be enough to give you a good intense workout that gets and keeps your heart rate up, while still being enough to hit the muscles hard to pressure mass. When cutting, I like to lift a weight I can do 10-12 reps of (12-15 reps for leg work). Then when switching to a bulk, I'd bump the weight up a bit to keep everything in the 8-12 rep range. Works for me.