PDA

View Full Version : Off duty cop pulls gun at snowball fight

Organichu
12-19-2009, 04:50 PM
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/2009/12/19/did-d-c-cops-overreact-to-snowball-fight-14th-and-u/

According to an eyewitness, a D.C. Police detective (pictured above w/ gun) went nuts after kids pelted his Hummer with snowballs at 14th and U Streets NW this afternoon. The veteran detective got out of his car and eventually grabbed for his gun, displaying it to the crowd. He did not immediately identify himself as a police officer. He calmed down once his fellow uniformed cop arrived. Apparently, someone called 911 to report a man with gun. The snowball fight had been well hyped on Twitter.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2h4w7t5.jpg

0RhossH1bm4

---

This is delicious.

Travis71902
12-19-2009, 04:52 PM
lol what a psycho.

jackamo2887
12-19-2009, 04:53 PM
That detective sounded like a crackhead.

Organichu
12-19-2009, 04:58 PM
It's amazing; he really is like a pastiche of an overworked, self-important cop. He actually does sound like a crackhead.

This isn't a cop bashing thread or gun control thread (I say as I shift to readjust the semi-auto I'm carrying IWB...)... but jeez.

It's pretty much the most absurdly funny thing I've seen in weeks.

Dragger
12-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Simply crazy, reminds me of that crazy NASA chick.

How do these crazies fly under the radar???

jdwhitney
12-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Thats some crazy ****. I hope he faces severe punishment, and by the same token I hope those engaging in the snowball fight face punishment also (srs).

texlonghornz2
12-19-2009, 05:14 PM
how does he afford a hummer with a cops salary neways?

yes there are a lot of people who are nuttttsssss

but y do they happen to be politicians and cops?

jdwhitney
12-19-2009, 05:16 PM
how does he afford a hummer with a cops salary neways?

Because we expect it from the rest of society so it never makes the news, throw in anyone famous.

F23
12-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Lol wow. That guy needs to be kicked off the force. A hefty fine, and a psychiatric evaluation are in order, too.

Dragger
12-19-2009, 05:24 PM

Because the media puts extra focus on everything politicians and cops do. This is how it is with celebrities too. Think about it, Obama goes out for a cheeseburger, and CNN is all over it.

A cop rescues a kitten out of a tree and it get's the heart warming segment at the end of the news show(it IS a show these days).

How ever a zit faced 18 yr-old kid working at BurgerKing punches his girlfirend in the face, is it on National news??? No.

JustAnotherUser
12-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Thats some crazy ****. I hope he faces severe punishment, and by the same token I hope those engaging in the snowball fight face punishment also (srs).

The day we punish some kids for snowball related shenanigans is the day I lose faith in America.

jdwhitney
12-19-2009, 06:04 PM
The day we punish some kids for snowball related shenanigans is the day I lose faith in America.

In the video it didn't look like all kids to me. Rocks, or paint-ball guns, or snowballs, even in a slow moving traffic its still dangerous to be pelting cars with it, intentionally or not.

SirBash
12-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Idiot cop is idiotic

tissuebox92
12-19-2009, 06:24 PM
"Yes i did pull out a weapon that could kill someone easily, becuase i got hit with some clumps of frozen h20 particles!"

Travis71902
12-19-2009, 06:31 PM
and by the same token I hope those engaging in the snowball fight face punishment also (srs).

Oh yeah, real ruthless those snowball fights.

wrathofhan
12-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Throwing a snowball at a person who you know for fun is one thing, but throwing it at a stranger is assault plain and simple. If I were walking down the street and some idiot I did not know decided to throw snowballs at me for no reason, I would probably want to kick the guy's ass.

Bulldog0520
12-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Throwing a snowball at a person who you know for fun is one thing, but throwing it at a stranger is assault plain and simple. If I were walking down the street and some idiot I did not know decided to throw snowballs at me for no reason, I would probably want to kick the guy's ass.

lol what a ***. It's a snow ball. Grab one and throw it back. Besides, the cop was in his fuking hummer.

wrathofhan
12-19-2009, 07:53 PM
lol what a ***. It's a snow ball. Grab one and throw it back. Besides, the cop was in his fuking hummer.

Sometimes people don't do stuff like that in a playful gesture. I am pretty sure most of the time when someone does it they do it to harass people.

jdwhitney
12-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Oh yeah, real ruthless those snowball fights.

Again, I would definitely calling having your car hit by any object while driving down the street distracting and dangerous, and during a time when visibility is reduced and traction is poor even more so. If people want to have a snowball fight then fine, by all means, there just are I think more appropriate places than on the side of a major street.

wrathofhan
12-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Again, I would definitely calling having your car hit by any object while driving down the street distracting and dangerous, and during a time when visibility is reduced and traction is poor even more so. If people want to have a snowball fight then fine, by all means, there just are I think more appropriate places than on the side of a major street.

Snowball fight near a major street is a great way to get run over. Sadly, no Darwinism occurred here.

Blindead
12-19-2009, 08:54 PM

http://**********/gallery/d/129150-1/Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif

wrathofhan
12-19-2009, 08:56 PM
You don't think there's a difference between punching a friend in the arm and punching a stranger in the arm?

Blindead
12-19-2009, 08:58 PM
You don't think there's a difference between punching a friend in the arm and punching a stranger in the arm?

you called throwing a snowball assault.

you probably told the principle if a kid flicked you with his fingers in HS, didn't you?

wrathofhan
12-19-2009, 09:00 PM
you called throwing a snowball assault.

you probably told the principle if a kid flicked you with his fingers in HS, didn't you?

Nope, would have punched him. I was bullied in middle school and finally punched the guy after he randomly threw a ball at my head. Kids who get away with harassing strangers by staying one inch away from committing an actual crime still deserve to be punished.

Blindead
12-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Nope, would have punched him. I was bullied in middle school and finally punched the guy after he randomly threw a ball at my head. Kids who get away with harassing strangers by staying one inch away from committing an actual crime still deserve to be punished.

...it's a snowball, not a fist.

Inev
12-19-2009, 09:47 PM

do you have no sense of consequence and reaction?

if the cop cuffed the kid who hit him with a snowball that is one thing. To pull a loaded weapon capable of killing someone in the blink of an eye? That is another thing.

If you think this is so justifiable why didn't you pull out your gun and threaten the bully instead of punching him? After all, you seem to think that is a suitable reaction.

Moral of the story:
no one is saying the cop shouldn't be aggravated or perhaps have a punishment for being hit by a snowball. What they ARE saying is that pulling a loaded gun as a result of a snowball is overboard. Learn some reading comprehension brah. Not everyone in life is going to take the time to spell **** out for you. You are gonna have to do it on your own one day.

texlonghornz2
12-20-2009, 07:02 AM
In the video it didn't look like all kids to me. Rocks, or paint-ball guns, or snowballs, even in a slow moving traffic its still dangerous to be pelting cars with it, intentionally or not.

its also "dangerous" to my health to emit fumes from a hummer, you can make nething dangerous, snowball fights are pretty innocent. Pulling a gun on said snowball fight, pretty much not innocent. IDK y ur defending someone who is obvi a nut-case

Fanatik
12-20-2009, 07:07 AM
He pulled the gun....big ****ing deal

texlonghornz2
12-20-2009, 07:20 AM
He pulled the gun....big ****ing deal

hope ur being sarcastic, cause in any large city thats a big deal (other than the great state of texas)

nutsy54
12-20-2009, 07:23 AM
He needs to be sitting at home, without a paycheck, until someone comes up with a really good justification for allowing him back on the force.

RedSoxfan1978
12-20-2009, 07:50 AM
It makes me wonder, really WONDER how an idiot like that EVER got HIRED to be a police officer in the first place. There is no excuse for that what so ever. That is just pure insanity.
If a non LEO with a permit (not likely in NJ) pulled a weapon for that reason, they would be dead or in jail right now. Period.

He should be fired outright. Im am NOT anti LEO at all. That guy however is a disgrace to the GOOD cops out there every day.

To people asking how he can afford a Hummer on his salary. You would be surprised what they make with overtime and some years in on the force up there.

Bushmaster
12-20-2009, 08:23 AM

You know how I know you're gay?

Steak_n_Taters
12-20-2009, 08:30 AM
But guise you are forgetting - a well packed snowball really stings! A lot!

And then it runs down the inside of your jacket and you get wet!

Bushmaster
12-20-2009, 08:37 AM
But guise you are forgetting - a well packed snowball really stings! A lot!

And then it runs down the inside of your jacket and you get wet!

Oh..

Well in that case use of deadly force is authorized.

saloman
12-20-2009, 08:45 AM
I wonder if the guy that pulled his gun had not been a cop, if he would have been able to sleep in his own bed that night.

You shouldn't pull out a gun unless you intend to use it, and you shouldn't pull out a gun unless as a last resort. A snowball fight? Someone give that guy a desk job and take his gun away from him..

ProbateTed
12-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Bunch of filthy DC liberal hipster trash decide to throw snowballs at a Hummer. The only bad part of the story is that they weren't all killed. Trust fund environmentalists should have guns pulled on them more often.

replica_fun
12-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Bunch of filthy DC liberal hipster trash decide to throw snowballs at a Hummer. The only bad part of the story is that they weren't all killed. Trust fund environmentalists should have guns pulled on them more often.

this. he should have been carrying ar15 with a 50 round clip and taken care of them on the spot

jdwhitney
12-20-2009, 09:12 AM
its also "dangerous" to my health to emit fumes from a hummer, you can make nething dangerous, snowball fights are pretty innocent. Pulling a gun on said snowball fight, pretty much not innocent. IDK y ur defending someone who is obvi a nut-case

I'm not defending him, read my original post.

Bushmaster
12-20-2009, 09:27 AM
this. he should have been carrying ar15 with a 50 round clip and taken care of them on the spot

Goddamn right. I wish the little bastards had thrown a snowball at MY Hummer. I would have sprayed their punk asses with my .50 caliber garden hose! :mad:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s156/guinness903/104093.jpg

jackamo2887
12-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Lmao @ getting hit with a snowball being assault.

The downward spiral of America into a nation of pussies continues.

wrathofhan
12-20-2009, 11:42 AM
do you have no sense of consequence and reaction?

if the cop cuffed the kid who hit him with a snowball that is one thing. To pull a loaded weapon capable of killing someone in the blink of an eye? That is another thing.

If you think this is so justifiable why didn't you pull out your gun and threaten the bully instead of punching him? After all, you seem to think that is a suitable reaction.

Moral of the story:
no one is saying the cop shouldn't be aggravated or perhaps have a punishment for being hit by a snowball. What they ARE saying is that pulling a loaded gun as a result of a snowball is overboard. Learn some reading comprehension brah. Not everyone in life is going to take the time to spell **** out for you. You are gonna have to do it on your own one day.

Alright, the gun is overboard, but too many little ass-faced brats these days think they can get away harassing people. I live next to a high school and I had to call the cops on these idiots who would destroy my mom's roses and then once decided to bike around her car while she was trying to back out. Of course the only thing the cops could do was ask them to leave. I wouldn't be surprised if the idiots who threw the snowballs were people like this so I'm pretty much fine with the worst case scenario happening to them.

Vitalshok44
12-20-2009, 12:01 PM
It's amazing; he really is like a pastiche of an overworked, self-important cop. He actually does sound like a crackhead.

This isn't a cop bashing thread or gun control thread (I say as I shift to readjust the semi-auto I'm carrying IWB...)... but jeez.

It's pretty much the most absurdly funny thing I've seen in weeks.

this is the mentality that crops up when you start saying that everybody in a certain profession is a hero.

honestly, this sense of entitlement that a lot of police officers have is absolutely appalling, although it's not really surprising considering the way they are constantly wrapping up the idea that police should be able to respond to things in a military fashion, i.e. the militarization of the cops.

Serve and protect has become replaced by, whatever it takes to get home at night, I blame it on the fact that police officers are now treated as weapons of warfare as opposed to keepers of the peace, yes there is a big difference between those two things.

jacketfan
12-20-2009, 12:01 PM
It makes me wonder, really WONDER how an idiot like that EVER got HIRED to be a police officer in the first place. There is no excuse for that what so ever. That is just pure insanity.
If a non LEO with a permit (not likely in NJ) pulled a weapon for that reason, they would be dead or in jail right now. Period.

He should be fired outright. Im am NOT anti LEO at all. That guy however is a disgrace to the GOOD cops out there every day.

To people asking how he can afford a Hummer on his salary. You would be surprised what they make with overtime and some years in on the force up there.

this

JoshSP1985
12-20-2009, 12:32 PM

People act like snow balls are cotton balls or something if it's wet snow it can pack down as hard as ice and potentially be able to KO someone if hit the head.

JoshSP1985
12-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Lmao @ getting hit with a snowball being assault.

The downward spiral of America into a nation of pussies continues.

Spitting on someone is a form of assault...

W/o taking sides in this argument I just wanted to point that out.

wrathofhan
12-20-2009, 12:34 PM

W/o taking sides in this argument I just wanted to point that out.

I'm a germophobe, so if someone spits on me, it's go time.

Bushmaster
12-20-2009, 01:56 PM

Indeed.

But come the fuk on with a goddamn SNOWBALL! Jesus Titty Fuking H. Christ... :rolleyes:

People act like snow balls are cotton balls or something if it's wet snow it can pack down as hard as ice and potentially be able to KO someone if hit the head.

You know how I know you're gay?

Blindead
12-20-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm a germophobe, so if someone spits on me, it's go time.

sounds like you're a lifeophobe.

btw, do you run that ucdbs.com site?

Bushmaster
12-20-2009, 02:25 PM
People act like snow balls are Nuclear tipped, Inter Continental Ballistic Missles or something if it's wet snow it can pack down as hard as ice and potentially be able to bruise somebody's tiny little ego.

Fixed.

wrathofhan
12-20-2009, 02:42 PM
sounds like you're a lifeophobe.

btw, do you run that ucdbs.com site?

A little, probably why I basically only go to the gym. And yep.

VTheKing
12-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Wow.

No fun allowed.

wrathofhan
12-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Wow.

No fun allowed.

Pelting passing strangers with snowballs might be fun to some, but it is definitely not fun to the stranger.

Bushmaster
12-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Pelting passing strangers with snowballs might be fun to some, but it is definitely not fun to the stranger.

They hit the phaggot's car, not him. and he jumped out with a fuking gun.

You honestly don't think having your car hit with a snowball justifies waving a loaded gun around, do you? :rolleyes:

wrathofhan
12-20-2009, 03:00 PM
They hit the phaggot's car, not him. and he jumped out with a fuking gun.

You honestly don't think having your car hit with a snowball justifies waving a loaded gun around, do you? :rolleyes:

Depends on if they scratched or dented it. It might be extreme, but if people want to act like idiots, I am perfectly fine with them getting shot.

VTheKing
12-20-2009, 03:02 PM

It's probably no fun for anyone when said stranger pulls out a gun, though.

Blacksmith80
12-20-2009, 03:04 PM
as a cop, all he needs to know is to take the orders and follow the instructions. who said that he needs to think?

wrathofhan
12-20-2009, 03:05 PM
It's probably no fun for anyone when said stranger pulls out a gun, though.

So people need to learn to not be stupid and not pelt people's cars with snowballs.

Bushmaster
12-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Depends on if they scratched or dented it. It might be extreme, but if people want to act like idiots, I am perfectly fine with them getting shot.

No you're not. You're just trying to bolster your piss-weak argument.

Dent or scratch = a dent or scratch on a car. No more/No less.

Shot = catastrophic injury and even instant death.

And really, who the hell can dent a fuking HUMMER with a snowball? Jesus.. :rolleyes:

wrathofhan
12-20-2009, 03:12 PM
No you're not. You're just trying to bolster your piss-weak argument.

Dent or scratch = a dent or scratch on a car. No more/No less.

Shot = catastrophic injury and even instant death.

And really, who the hell can dent a fuking HUMMER with a snowball? Jesus.. :rolleyes:

Does not mean people should be allowed to throw stuff at other people's cars. People these days let their kids grow up doing whatever they want to and these people did not look like little kids who might not know better.

F23
12-20-2009, 03:15 PM

Dented car/scratched paint ---> gunshot wound.

LOL WUT

Bushmaster
12-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Does not mean people should be allowed to throw stuff at other people's cars. People these days let their kids grow up doing whatever they want to and these people did not look like little kids who might not know better.

People have thrown snowballs at other people - and yes, cars - since there has been snow.

Let me remind you one more time.. this is SNOW we're talking about. Not hand-grenades, and not AIDS infected needles. Are you aware of this substance called SNOW? Its harmless and you can throw balls of it at people all day long without hurting them.

Fuk dude, what kind of uptight pussy complains about a snowball and makes excuses for a lunatic waving a GUN around in response to one? :confused:

wrathofhan
12-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Dented car/scratched paint ---> gunshot wound.

LOL WUT

These days bullies are not the big tough guys that go around stealing lunch money. They are tiny manlets that enjoy harassing people and then go running to some authority figure if they messed with the wrong guy. *******s like these deserve whatever they get.

ppself
12-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I think the cop over reacted a little.

But if a bunch of someones are throwing hardened balls of ice at my car then i am getting out and having some words with them.

And who's dumb idea was it to have this "party" on a intersection anyways?

Why not at their house or in a field where no one that wanted to participate would get involved in anyway?

Both party's should have known better.

F23
12-20-2009, 03:23 PM
These days bullies are not the big tough guys that go around stealing lunch money. They are tiny manlets that enjoy harassing people and then go running to some authority figure if they messed with the wrong guy. *******s like these deserve whatever they get.

So you're OK with someone getting shot for throwing a snowball?

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/files/2008/09/thestupiditburns.jpg

rotarnomore
12-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Looks to me like this was an extreme case on both sides. Did anybody bother watching any of the other videos?
sBFHBaqzByE&NR=1
And some of the cops were actually pretty cool.
ROnLqJPe1Ao&feature=player_embedded

I think pulling a gun is extreme for a snowball but so is 30 or so people running into the street like a mob. At what point should the police come in? How far would it need to escalate?

Karcist
12-20-2009, 03:27 PM
brb going out and making the best of the snow and getting shot for having too much fun

rotarnomore: Dang that looks fun, I wish I was there. (not necessarily agreeing that it should have taken place in the intersection)

wrathofhan
12-20-2009, 03:29 PM
So you're OK with someone getting shot for throwing a snowball?

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/files/2008/09/thestupiditburns.jpg

I have absolutely no problem if some dickwad who thought it would be cool to throw snowballs at a Hummer got shot.

Karcist
12-20-2009, 03:30 PM
I have absolutely no problem if some dickwad who thought it would be cool to throw snowballs at a Hummer got shot.

Have you thought about getting some sort of counseling?

wrathofhan
12-20-2009, 03:32 PM

Because I have no sympathy for bullies, idiots, and *******s?

rotarnomore
12-20-2009, 03:32 PM
rotarnomore: Dang that looks fun, I wish I was there. (not necessarily agreeing that it should have taken place in the intersection)

And that is my beef. It does look like fun but at an intersection? Come on. Someone could have been hit by a car or even shot by a gun :)

ppself
12-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Looks to me like this was an extreme case on both sides. Did anybody bother watching any of the other videos?
sBFHBaqzByE&NR=1
And some of the cops were actually pretty cool.
ROnLqJPe1Ao&feature=player_embedded

I think pulling a gun is extreme for a snowball but so is 30 or so people running into the street like a mob. At what point should the police come in? How far would it need to escalate?

Awww screw that noise.

I am not a cop but i would super pissed at all them people charging at my car while i am trying to get home or something.

What was the cop suppose to think at that moment anyways?

Whoever organized that facebook party should get penalized for this chaos. If that cop wasn't there. Tons of people would most likely have gotten hurt from pissed off patrons that didn't want to be involved in the snowball fight.

It's stupid that this even happened. People should have just stayed home instead of running around in dangerous snow conditions.

Bushmaster
12-20-2009, 04:27 PM

Well fortunately for society, a judge and jury will pretty much disagree with you on that.

BAD_COMPANY
12-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Moral of the story
Don't throw snowballs at people you don't know

The kids deserved to have a gun pulled on them
teaches them a lesson

there was like a hundred people there too
I don't see the harm in him pulling out a gun

Dave22reborn
12-20-2009, 06:58 PM
He needs to be sitting at home, without a paycheck, until someone comes up with a really good justification for allowing him back on the force.

Trust me bro, being a cop myself, that's not going to happen. Look at the picture again, and tell me what race of cop you see with that gun.

mingo3403
12-20-2009, 07:25 PM
"yes i did, cus i got hit with a snowball."

rofl

What next?

"don't bring snowballs to a gun fight?"

rofl

Bulldog0520
12-20-2009, 08:32 PM

No kidding, he obviously is deeply scarred emotionally from whatever abuse he took as a kid. Future homicide right there.

You people defending the officer pulling a gun in this situation have a screw loose. It's a snowball fight for fuks sake...you can break up the scene without resorting to pulling a weapon. No wonder the world is going to ****, this thread is indicative of the morons running around today.

frankenstein
12-20-2009, 09:18 PM

assault? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Congrats. You win idiot of the evening award. Negs for idiocy. Whatever career path you end up choosing, I hope it does not involve having to interact with others humans often.

tnel00
12-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Cop should be fired immediately after that video...no excuse whatsoever for that type of overreaction.

kvk1
12-21-2009, 03:05 AM
This is delicious.

no, u.

+ good ole DC

Organichu
12-22-2009, 05:39 PM
The obvious solution is a semi-automatic pistol that fires rounds chambered in 9mm of SNOW.

I WANT A SNOW GUN

VTheKing
12-22-2009, 05:49 PM
The obvious solution is a semi-automatic pistol that fires rounds chambered in 9mm of SNOW.

I WANT A SNOW GUN

I think you'd have a problem with storing ammunition.