PDA

View Full Version : ok time to let the truth out!

uprise240
12-16-2009, 05:19 PM
ok so I have been working out seriously for about a year. I lost a ton of bady fat leaving where I am in my current picture. Ok so I really want to eat right and have control of my bulk. Here is the point:

I have been eating about 1500-1800cals a day. On the weekends I tend to binge a little hehehe but w/e. Anyway I feel extremely tired always! and lately my bodyfat seems to just stay where it is....

Anyway I was looking at this article: [url]http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/new_view.htm[url]

And came to the conclusion that I probably am eating WAY too little for my activity level. Problem is that I have mentally gotten used to eating this way.always feeling hungry,and feeling completely broken after workouts,and going to bed extremely early.

So I jump on Fitday and get some calculating done and in order to maintain it is saying that I have to be eating 2350cals a day. For me that would be a ton. Question: If I worked my up to this would I put on significant fat? or, acocording to the above article, actually lose BF and increase energy and mass?

Input and Tips would be a GREAT help as I really want to get over this!

Sophrosyne
12-16-2009, 05:36 PM
You can want everything in this world, but you can't get it all.

At least not all at the same time.

Sophrosyne
12-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I just let the truth out.

uprise240
12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
ok that did not help me....basically does eating too little calories lead to more muscle being used as energy and the body WANTING to store fat?

The_Metal
12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
ok that did not help me....basically does eating too little calories lead to more muscle being used as energy and the body WANTING to store fat?

Yes, TOO little calories (Starvation mode). Your calorie range is fine right now for cutting.

Lonewolf24
12-16-2009, 05:58 PM

yes.

MaximusJuris
12-16-2009, 06:15 PM
the truth, imo, is that you can't be afraid of getting fat if you want to gain 15 pounds of muscle like your profile claims...

you gotta eat. and you can't be afraid to eat. you are probably gonna gain some fat... but that's why God made "cutting cycles"

JDkeystone
12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
If that's a recent pic of you in your avatar, you actually look pretty cut as it is. Why not start bulking, add some mass, and then cut later in the spring?

RealMenDeadLift
12-16-2009, 06:33 PM
There is no such thing as starvation mode, it is the boogeyman of cutting

uprise240
12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
ok so clearly to maintain I gotta up it and to add something i need to eat more. Ok so the big question is: HOW MUCH? where do I go from here?

My buddy is telling me to start at 3000cals a day and see what happens. I have never intentionally gained mass beore so I dont know if I am a hardgainer or not. Anyway any more thoughts and tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks to all who responded!

Also: Pumpedforlife where abouts in Mississauga are you? Do you go to Crossfit? I live right around Cawthra High School.

Can't wait to get some help! thanks again!

JDkeystone
12-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Also: Pumpedforlife where abouts in Mississauga are you? Do you go to Crossfit? I live right around Cawthra High School.

I'm near Sq1 (in the "ghetto" of Sauga lol). No to Crossfit, though;)

The_Metal
12-16-2009, 06:49 PM
ok so clearly to maintain I gotta up it and to add something i need to eat more. Ok so the big question is: HOW MUCH? where do I go from here?

My buddy is telling me to start at 3000cals a day and see what happens. I have never intentionally gained mass beore so I dont know if I am a hardgainer or not. Anyway any more thoughts and tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks to all who responded!

Can't wait to get some help! thanks again!

If you're going to start a bulk, work your way from what you been eating to 3000 then stay there and see how it goes. I wouldn't jump from 1.8k to 3k that might hold undesirable effects.

Brad155
12-16-2009, 07:14 PM
if you're scared of putting on fat, slowly add calories to your diet until you start gaining weight, you wont gain fat. if you want maximum muscle gains, you could take advantage of the rebound from the long cut at low cals by jumping straight to your bulking calories. since its winter, i suggest the latter. you wont gain much fat, but strength and energy will go through the roof.