PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Frye to start for Raiders

andrew28
12-16-2009, 12:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/16/charlie-frye-to-start-sunday/

Charlie Frye to start Sunday
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2009 1:14 PM ET
The JaMarcus Russell era in Oakland has reached a new low.

Raiders coach Tom Cable said on a conference call Wednesday that Charlie Frye will start Sunday for the Raiders.

Russell, the top pick of the 2007 draft, is essentially the third quarterback in Oakland. Bruce Gradkowski, twice released in his brief career, passed him first. Frye is on his third team in three years and now has also passed Russell.

It's quite a statement by Cable and the rest of the Raiders organization. Many observers thought Russell couldn't be benched earlier this year because he was Al Davis' guy.

Now he's getting benched for a new journeyman quarterback every month.

And with J.P. Losman joining the roster, the number of Oakland quarterbacks that have passed Russell could climb again soon.

http://webpages.csus.edu/~das86/jamarcus-russell.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/ludertrj/simpsons_haha2.jpg

LikeAMachine
12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
In b4 Charlie Frye starts against the team that drafted him (the Browns)

chargerfn909
12-16-2009, 12:29 PM
JaMarcus is the 2nd biggest bust ever (R. Leaf has the #1 spot firmly secured)

miketheblade
12-16-2009, 12:43 PM

this..

Srs Thread
12-16-2009, 12:58 PM

no brah i'll disagree with that. 2nd biggest would have to be Tony Mandarich would have to be number two, nobody outside of Al Davis thought THAT highly of Jamarcus....

These players selected in the past 10 years every scout had high and thoughtt hey would change football. lulz these names crack me up

Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Courtney Brown
Peter Warrick
David Terrell
Charles Rogers
Joey Harrington
David Carr
Robert Gallery

QB_Killa
12-16-2009, 06:43 PM
I don't think he even cares he's probably just happy to sit his fat ass down and catch his breath after walking out

KennyK
12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Jp lolsman

ivegotbigballs
12-16-2009, 06:47 PM
So much for the "once in a decade talent", lol

BeanieWells
12-16-2009, 06:56 PM
no brah i'll disagree with that. 2nd biggest would have to be Tony Mandarich would have to be number two, nobody outside of Al Davis thought THAT highly of Jamarcus....

These players selected in the past 10 years every scout had high and thoughtt hey would change football. lulz these names crack me up

Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Courtney Brown
Peter Warrick
David Terrell
Charles Rogers
Joey Harrington
David Carr
Robert Gallery

Mandarich had some decent years with the Colts and Gallery is a beast at OG.

imperialfool
12-16-2009, 07:03 PM
thread title: JaMarcus Russell vs Brady Quinn
date: 4-26-07

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2467871

some of the comments are hilarious

andrew28
12-16-2009, 07:51 PM
i know it's just a highlight vid and anybody can look good in these but man this is insane talent for a high school freshmen. he was actually skinny then. just goes to show that the nfl is a whole different ball game mentally which was where he crumbled.

KKeNRbSLLlI

dalynchmob
12-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Mandarich had some decent years with the Colts and Gallery is a beast at OG.

This

Had Gallery gone to a team that didn't have 3 or 4 different head coaching changes as well as 4 or 5 OL coaching changes his first 5 years in the league he would of caught on a lot quicker.

Oakland is a joke for any player to have to go to. Gallery certainly hasn't lived up to the hype, but it's hard to call a Pro-Bowl caliber player a bust.

2pacalypto
12-16-2009, 07:58 PM

lol

last i heard of leaf he was arrested for moving OC or some other pills across the Canadian border.

neilsabo
12-16-2009, 11:28 PM
good night sweet prince

jamarcus russell's career is pretty much over unless frye & losman get injured

pro11skj
12-16-2009, 11:31 PM

SEC homers....

BeanieWells
12-16-2009, 11:34 PM
i know it's just a highlight vid and anybody can look good in these but man this is insane talent for a high school freshmen. he was actually skinny then. just goes to show that the nfl is a whole different ball game mentally which was where he crumbled.

KKeNRbSLLlI

He had some pretty nice spin moves at LSU

JuHXGVudSGw

sellihca
12-16-2009, 11:40 PM
good night sweet prince

jamarcus russell's career is pretty much over unless frye & losman get injured

pretty much...i doubt he can even be a good qb in the ufl or cfl...but if he's smart (which he's not), he still got enough money to live off of for the rest of his life....but this dude will probably go broke by the time he's 30 and will be wishing he wasn't such a lazy **** when he got his chance in the nfl.

johnny_canuck
12-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Luckily i have Denvers defence in fantasy football this week :D

MinuteMan.
12-17-2009, 04:19 AM
what pisses me off is that russell was in so much better shape in college. He looked a lot mroe mobile then. That part of it he can't blame the coaches or the organization for, as ****ed up as it is

Gator1010
12-17-2009, 04:30 AM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/jwedge310/shaqlaughswalk.gif

mchoodie
12-17-2009, 06:30 AM

Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Courtney Brown
Peter Warrick
David Terrell
Charles Rogers
Joey Harrington
David Carr
Robert Gallery

I'm charles rogers I had 68 catches and 13 touchdowns.

spirit3530
12-17-2009, 06:51 AM
They should put clauses in these high draft picks contracts that say they must be starting after the 3rd year and performing in order to get paid the top end amount.

joelz54_99
12-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Raiders are teh fail

bobbynj81
12-17-2009, 07:45 AM
David Carr is a pretty tight backup to Eli though....he found his niche. Any time he comes in he wrecks sh*t

andrew28
12-17-2009, 07:52 AM
They should put clauses in these high draft picks contracts that say they must be starting after the 3rd year and performing in order to get paid the top end amount.

Benched Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell on Thursday said he will not consider reworking his contract.

He signed a contract with more than $29 million guaranteed in 2007. And Russell said he won't consider giving back any money.

"Oh, no," Russell told reporters. "That's over and done with. I don't even consider that as a part of it."

RAGEEEE

players always bitch about how they deserve X amount of money. and when they get it and perform like sh!t they hardly ever accept a pay cut. and you cant always just cut a player and hurt your cap.

even though he'll have to live with the stigma of being one of the worst draft busts of all time, he'll still have over 40 million. my hopes are that he takes the charles barkley path.

Blasphemy
12-17-2009, 08:03 AM
god damnit jr!!!

AJbuilder
12-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Matt Leinart is also a bust for a Heisman trophy winner.

sellihca
12-17-2009, 09:23 AM

Leinart wasn't drafted number 1 overall like Russell (he was drafted at # 10)...and hasn't looked nearly as terrible in the nfl as russell.

CCAurora
12-17-2009, 09:34 AM

Heisman Trophy-winning QB's are notorious for not doing well in the NFL. In Leinart's case, its a little confusing, but usually its because the winner plays a style that doesn't translate to the NFL at all.

I'm hoping to see J.P. Losman get some playing time before the season is done. It seems like Frye is just a placeholder, but Losman could be an actual option for the future.

Big_Spaz
12-17-2009, 09:46 AM
The guy is such a punk about everything too, that's what I can't stand.

I love when he asked the reporter how the loss was his fault?. What an idiot.

-Spaz

Madanzi
12-17-2009, 10:45 AM

Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Courtney Brown
Peter Warrick
David Terrell
Charles Rogers
Joey Harrington
David Carr
Robert Gallery

tony mandarich ended up having a decent career in the nfl later on

there is no hope for russell

Aran
12-17-2009, 10:46 AM

From that thread:

Quinn never impressed me. Every time he faced a good defense, almost without exception, he flat sucked.

Russell on the other hand is like a hardware store. He's got all the tools. Plus he can throw the ball through the friggin goal post from the 50 on one knee.

You, sir, are in denial. Jamarcus will be a great QB, as will Quinn, but Jamarcus will be better.

someone like jamarcus russel comes around the draft every 8 years.. theres a brady quinn almost every year

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7389/dxn42sjpg.gif

Madanzi
12-17-2009, 10:51 AM

hes a backup for kurt ****ing warner. because he played like a rookie when he was a rookie that makes him a bust? he is going to be the cards franchise qb when warner is done.

neilsabo
12-17-2009, 10:56 AM

i believe alex smith agreed to restructure his contract w/ the 49ers this year... not really sure the 9ers would've had the balls to release him & let him walk with all that guaranteed money left to pay anyways, but still... shows smith actually things about what's best for his career rather than simply sit on the money he's guaranteed...

Madanzi
12-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I have alot of respect for Smith for that and for what hes shown on the field this year.

dogyo
12-17-2009, 11:08 AM

KKeNRbSLLlI

4.6 40 yd dash MY ASSSSSSSSSSS

BrownThunder1
12-17-2009, 11:42 AM
robert gallery a bust? yeah.. no.

robogain
12-17-2009, 12:02 PM
robert gallery a bust? yeah.. no.

this

TryStoppinMe
12-17-2009, 12:38 PM
JR obviously doesn't care about playing or anythin. he's got his 30+ million, what does it matter to him? he'd be better off playing OL or somethin lol, i remember seeing a reverse this year where he took out 2 guys, props for actually doing something, fail for being better at somethin that you're not meant to do over what you were brought in to do.
atleast he lets oakland get lots of high draft picks to bring in more bad picks and players that dont wanna be there

AJbuilder
12-17-2009, 01:01 PM
hes a backup for kurt ****ing warner. because he played like a rookie when he was a rookie that makes him a bust? he is going to be the cards franchise qb when warner is done.

When Warner is done, ML will be almost 30, too old. In his two seasons with starts, he suffered season-ending injuries. I don't know if he's injury prone or maybe it's bad luck.

BrownThunder1
12-17-2009, 01:32 PM
We should make him return kicks haha

TryStoppinMe
12-17-2009, 01:36 PM
We should make him return kicks haha

or just block on them.

devin45k
12-17-2009, 01:56 PM

Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Courtney Brown
Peter Warrick
David Terrell
Charles Rogers
Joey Harrington
David Carr
Robert Gallery

I dont think that Robert Gallery is much of a bust. Maybe one could make the argument because he was drafted so high.

Courtney Brown's career was full of fail. Seriously, only 19 sacks in seven seasons! U got to be kidding me

SuperAmmo
12-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I dont think that Robert Gallery is much of a bust. Maybe one could make the argument because he was drafted so high.

Courtney Brown's career was full of fail. Seriously, only 19 sacks in seven seasons! U got to be kidding me

Injuries.

When he was on the field he was a beast until injuries started hurting his performance.