PDA

View Full Version : Food questions

NolesFSU-NYMets
12-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes noob when it comes to nutrition. Thought I would start here.

1) I see a lot of people put "oats" in their shakes. What type of oats do you usually use?

2) Is sushii a healthy lunch option? I work near a lot of fast food places and sandwhiches get rather plain every now and again (usually oven roasted chicken breast 6 inch from subway) Only other options are McDonalds, Carls Jr, and Taco Bell. So it gets tough only getting a 30 minute lunch, usually takes 20 minutes to get to where I am getting food, and back leaving only 10 minutes to eat. Not sure how "healthy" those McDonalds snack wraps are.

Thanks for any help.

Scooter4
12-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes noob when it comes to nutrition. Thought I would start here.

1) I see a lot of people put "oats" in their shakes. What type of oats do you usually use?

2) Is sushii a healthy lunch option? I work near a lot of fast food places and sandwhiches get rather plain every now and again (usually oven roasted chicken breast 6 inch from subway) Only other options are McDonalds, Carls Jr, and Taco Bell. So it gets tough only getting a 30 minute lunch, usually takes 20 minutes to get to where I am getting food, and back leaving only 10 minutes to eat. Not sure how "healthy" those McDonalds snack wraps are.

Thanks for any help.

Mcdonalds can be okay if you know what you are ordering. Fruit and Yogurt Parfait, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Apples, Grilled Snack Wrap (ask for no sauce), etc etc. Don't get fries. 500 empty calories right there.

Taco Bell has their fresco menu too.

Shredded-Wolf
12-15-2009, 09:19 PM
ok if your dead set on eating at those places i would go onto their websites and check the nutritional values and you can make your choice from that, but another option is bring your own lunch which could save you tons of calories and you choose what you want :)

NolesFSU-NYMets
12-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Mcdonalds can be okay if you know what you are ordering. Fruit and Yogurt Parfait, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Apples, Grilled Snack Wrap (ask for no sauce), etc etc. Don't get fries. 500 empty calories right there.

Taco Bell has their fresco menu too.

Are they viable options? Im wanting to drop about 20-30 lbs as "healthily" as possible so I dont want to waste any meals. Will be starting a bio forge and lean xtreme stack on Monday. Never really been an over eater but just gotten into a bad "lazy" pattern. Just paid for a 1 year gym membership today and really want to utilize it. Cutting out all fast food that is a waste of eating, soda, and coffee. Will be drinking cold green tea instead of coffee, and as much water per day as I can. usually around 64 oz per day.

Scooter4
12-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Are they viable options? Im wanting to drop about 20-30 lbs as "healthily" as possible so I dont want to waste any meals. Will be starting a bio forge and lean xtreme stack on Monday. Never really been an over eater but just gotten into a bad "lazy" pattern. Just paid for a 1 year gym membership today and really want to utilize it. Cutting out all fast food that is a waste of eating, soda, and coffee. Will be drinking cold green tea instead of coffee, and as much water per day as I can. usually around 64 oz per day.

Cold green tea? I'm guessing you are referring to that **** from the bottles? If so, that adds to almost as many calories as a bottle of soda.

calories in, calories out.

Shredded-Wolf
12-15-2009, 09:30 PM

well im happy your going to do this the healthy way :) ok well, you can defiantly eat at those places, just make sure you stay away from fries, soda, and other empty pieces of crap they sell. don't be fooled by their salads either, the salads have way more calories and fat than their burgers lol. Coffee isn't actually bad for you, as long as you drink it black its one of the healthiest natural things you can drink on this planet, coffee also increases you metabolism by alot so you burn more calories :) if you have a 500 calorie diffident diet every day that would be 3500 calories a week so that would be 1 pound a week so it would take 20-30 weeks to lose your weight you want, so remember that just eating healthy and keeping consistent with the gym is your goal and you will eventually lose it ^.^ Hope i helped!

NolesFSU-NYMets
12-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Cold green tea? I'm guessing you are referring to that **** from the bottles? If so, that adds to almost as many calories as a bottle of soda.

calories in, calories out.

No. I cant remember what brand it is but its like green tea bag, just in cold water instead of warm water.

Doing anything and everything I can to drop as much weight as fast as possible. Hopefully by March I want to get my waist down from a 40 to a 36 (Pants size). Thigh and ass region is by far the biggest portion of my body. Plan on doing a lot of leg work, lot of cardio, and a lot of healthy dieting.

Shredded-Wolf
12-15-2009, 09:57 PM
No. I cant remember what brand it is but its like green tea bag, just in cold water instead of warm water.

Doing anything and everything I can to drop as much weight as fast as possible. Hopefully by March I want to get my waist down from a 40 to a 36 (Pants size). Thigh and ass region is by far the biggest portion of my body. Plan on doing a lot of leg work, lot of cardio, and a lot of healthy dieting.

thats the same thing i did!! it worked too, i had a size 40 waist and now im a size 30 waist :D yay me!! yay you!!

NolesFSU-NYMets
12-15-2009, 10:03 PM
thats the same thing i did!! it worked too, i had a size 40 waist and now im a size 30 waist :D yay me!! yay you!!

Thanks bro. It all downward spiraled for me when I stopped playing baseball in college due to an injury. Couldnt lift during rehab, and it was a career ender so it was hard to get back into lifting when it "didnt have a purpose". I was young and stupid in that mindset. Then I moved to San Diego for a year and didnt nothing but consume beer and ****ty food. After an up and mostly down 2009 I have decided to get back on the wagon. (No bogus New Years resolution). Only thing going for me is it wont be a total shock to my body because I am very used to lifting hard when I was playing baseball. We'll see what happens.

PerfectFormForever
12-15-2009, 10:09 PM
OP, as for the fast food places, I would really try to avoid them. The other people here are right, they do have a few "healthy" choices that won't destroy your weight loss. But if you're really trying to do this as healthy as possible, get the sushi. Or, *gasp* bring lunch from home! EEEEK! Hahaha, I used to hate doing that too, but it really is the best way to eat well.

NolesFSU-NYMets
12-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Ya I bring from home to. Usually some kind of pasta. But on those days that im in between store trips and what not, I just want to make sure I am doing it right.

JediRob
12-15-2009, 11:04 PM
I went from a 40" waist to a 30" waist in a little over a year. I too have bulky legs and butt. I have a 30" waist and 22" thighs, lol. I started by riding my bicycle everywhere when the weather permitted. I also cut all soda and sugary foods from my diet. I think the biggest difference came when I cut out all breads from my diet. No sandwitches, no pizza, etc. A majority of my carbs come from whole fruits and veggies.

For lunch at work I like to cook up a few peieces of steak or chicken and a bag of frozen veggies and take that to work for food. A little preparation goes a long way in keeping your diet in check. Boil some eggs. Buy a bulk bag of almonds. Stock up on fruit. Hell, today at work I ate a can of tuna with mustard, an apple, a pocket full of almonds, and a tupperware full of cooked veggies. Sometimes I will stop at the grocery store and pick up one of those whole roasted chickens and eat on that all day. It saves me money and keeps me from eating crap.

Anyway, back to your questions... Most people get quaker (not instant) or bulk bin steel cut oats. You can put them in a coffee grinder and grind them into a powder which makes them easier to drink.

Sushi can be healthy as long as you know what you are ordering. Anything spicy tends to use mayo, which will add a lot of calories. I remember reading an article that outlined all of the different rolls and their nutritional value. I think it was on Mens Health.com but you could probably find the info with a google search.