PDA

View Full Version : Calories in Snow Crab

Scooter4
12-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Tomorrow night I am going to an all you can eat seafood buffet. I used to go to buffets like twice a month but now I go about once every 4 months and make healthier decisions. I love crab legs but every site I go to has different nutrition facts for them. Does anyone know exactly how many calories are in snow crab meat? I am confused if sites are weighing the actual meat, or with the shells... I am obviously going to be avoiding any butter as dipping sauce.

I am bulking currently but I never like going TOO overboard being a former fatty. Although I do plan to stuff myself pretty full. :D

Thanks in advance.

Tdogg2k8
12-15-2009, 06:03 PM
I was a former fatty also

but if your goign to have a cheat meal (buffet) then cheat.. don't hold back your body craves it.. you wont get fat again overnight

Scooter4
12-15-2009, 06:05 PM
I was a former fatty also

but if your goign to have a cheat meal (buffet) then cheat.. don't hold back your body craves it.. you wont get fat again overnight

Thanks for the advice. The thing is I could probably down 6000 calories in one sitting and that thought terrifies me. LOL

I mean obviously I will relax a bit, but I like having SOME idea of what I am eating.

Valjean
12-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Crab legs are one of the lowest calorie foods out there. Try nutritiondata.com
Just don't dip em in butter.

GermanBarbarian
12-15-2009, 06:07 PM
I love crab legs but every site I go to has different nutrition facts for them. Does anyone know exactly how many calories are in snow crab meat? I am confused if sites are weighing the actual meat, or with the shells... I am obviously going to be avoiding any butter as dipping sauce.

Thanks in advance.

They might be prepping the crab legs differently.

Scooter4
12-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Crab legs are one of the lowest calorie foods out there. Try nutritiondata.com
Just don't dip em in butter.

Thank you.

They might be prepping the crab legs differently.

Probably right. I'm sure Red Lobster boils theirs in butter or something. :P

hellawaits77
12-15-2009, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't worry about the crab. If it were boiled in butter or whatever, you'd definately be able to taste it. Shellfish is virtually fight free. as you probably know, it's hihg in cholesterol, but other than that, it's pretty darn healthy.

I'm like you, when I have Chinese for a cheat meal, I load up on the crab legs.

aer_vlad
12-16-2009, 07:22 AM
The snow crab I have is for 3oz: 82 calories. Macros: 17g protein, 0g carbs, and 1g fat.

Scooter4
12-16-2009, 12:45 PM
The snow crab I have is for 3oz: 82 calories. Macros: 17g protein, 0g carbs, and 1g fat.

Thanks all. Seems like it has roughly the same amount of calories as chicken breast...

~Mase~
12-16-2009, 01:24 PM
all you can eat seafood buffet =o i really need to find one of these

Scooter4
12-16-2009, 01:37 PM
all you can eat seafood buffet =o i really need to find one of these

It's amazing dude... Just saying.

Leaving in 35 minutes. :)

Tdogg2k8
12-16-2009, 01:42 PM
your body can only handle about 40-60 grams a protein an hour anyway. so everything else will just be crapped out...

No fear if you do go 6000 calories... when i was on diet, on my cheat day i ate a whole pizza, popcorn at the movies, and muffins (saturday)....
woke up monday morning the same weight sat morning..