PDA

View Full Version : So why exactly ISNT it possible to spot reduce.

EricG71
12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Fat loss is definitely not something I need take up anytime soon but I got thinking...

Muscle burns your fat right? and you can pick and choose which muscles you want to enlarge..

So lets say you do nothing but Bicep curl workouts. Wouldnt this make your biceps bigger (and out of proportion with the rest of your body), BUT it wouldnt it have less Body fat on that area since theres more muscle there to burn off the fat? What am I missing?

mobikwa
12-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Since food is digested in your stomach/intestines shouldn't all the fat accumulate on your belly?

DavidJr74
12-15-2009, 05:27 PM
holy crap.

tblake87
12-15-2009, 05:32 PM
sigh...

No, just no.

Bicep muscles don't burn fat only over that muscle group.
Back muscles don't burn fat only over that muscle group.
Leg muscles don't burn fat only over that muscle group.

Since food is digested in your stomach/intestines shouldn't all the fat accumulate on your belly?

-TC-
12-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Muscle just doesnt burn the fat in the area its in

56kninja
12-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Fat loss is definitely not something I need take up anytime soon but I got thinking...

Muscle burns your fat right? and you can pick and choose which muscles you want to enlarge..

So lets say you do nothing but Bicep curl workouts. Wouldnt this make your biceps bigger (and out of proportion with the rest of your body), BUT it wouldnt it have less Body fat on that area since theres more muscle there to burn off the fat? What am I missing?

Homeostasis. Your body needs fat stores, all over your body. So it equally reduces your fat all over your body, to preserve your entire body.

But muscle use depends soley on that muscle. Your body needs to repair it and make it capable of your activity.. But this only happens as your use that muscle to it's limits. If your not using a certain muscle, your body doesn't pay as much attention to it..

That's a basic explanation. Biology isn't really my thing.

and muscle doesn't burn fat.. If that were the case we wouldn't maintain our fat very long and then we would die.

EricG71
12-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Homeostasis. Your body needs fat stores, all over your body. So it equally reduces your fat all over your body, to preserve your entire body.

But muscle use depends soley on that muscle. Your body needs to repair it and make it capable of your activity.. But this only happens as your use that muscle to it's limits. If your not using a certain muscle, your body doesn't pay as much attention to it..

That's a basic explanation. Biology isn't really my thing.

and muscle doesn't burn fat.. If that were the case we wouldn't maintain our fat very long and then we would die.

Thanks, thats what I was pretty much looking for.

I've never had to deal with Fat Loss so I know pretty much nothing on the subject.