PDA

View Full Version : caffien and creatine?

bcrocker
12-15-2009, 03:45 AM
i was wondering since caffiene is a diurettic and helps move water out of the body does it kind of defeat the purpose of taking creatine then? or is there a safe time period that you can use the 2? i work out early in the morning and enjoy the extra boost of caffien bt dont want to loose the affect of creatine at the same time?

sockouk
12-15-2009, 04:37 AM
i was wondering since caffiene is a diurettic and helps move water out of the body does it kind of defeat the purpose of taking creatine then? or is there a safe time period that you can use the 2? i work out early in the morning and enjoy the extra boost of caffien bt dont want to loose the affect of creatine at the same time?

When you work out the body inhibits the diuretic effect of caffeine.

BigKuntry1984
12-15-2009, 04:54 AM
I am sure that most preworkout supplements would not have creatine + caffeine if they were counter-active. You are good bro- no worries. Withholding water is not the benefit of creatin; just more of a side effect. Creatine supplementation helps the muscles to work harder to achieve greater gains in strength and endurance.

in10city
12-15-2009, 04:55 AM
Caffeine is not a potent diuretic and its effects lessen over time. It's not even close to being a zero sum game.

bcrocker
12-15-2009, 05:02 AM
awsome thats good news... a dude at work has been telling me that im wasting my money if i hav any sort of caffinee and take creatine

BigKuntry1984
12-15-2009, 05:04 AM
He is a moron, and probally in ****ty shape

bcrocker
12-15-2009, 05:21 AM
He is a moron, and probally in ****ty shape

hence the reason i was looking for more opinios than jst believing wht one person tels me...apreciate the inputs all

BigKuntry1984
12-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Yeah no problem bro- anytime

in10city
12-15-2009, 05:29 AM
awsome thats good news... a dude at work has been telling me that im wasting my money if i hav any sort of caffinee and take creatine
To be complete, what he may be referring to is that caffeine can alter sarcoplasmic Ca2+ release and reuptake which in turn can interfere with the ergogenic effects of creatine, at least in the laboratory setting as several studies have shown. But that facet needs to be fleshed out in the gym setting since there limitations to those studies and is an entirely other discussion in and of itself. Unfortunately people have sort of taken that information and have indiscriminately applied it across the board.

bcrocker
12-16-2009, 03:50 AM
i was talking to him more about it tonite and he said he called muscle tech and asked if it was alrite for him to take hydroxycut hardcore while using celltech hardcore and they said it was a waste of his money what so ever to b using caffiene and creatine at the same time so idk like previouslly stated y they would combine caffiene and creatine in one product bt then also say its bad to use the both together because if im not mistaken isnt nanovapor loaded with caffiene and also a creatine?