PDA

View Full Version : eating a large supper?

kevin1991
12-14-2009, 06:40 PM
ok so i generally have the most time in the end of the day (5:30 or 6) which is where my largest meal comes, supper. So for example im not very hungry too much during the day i worked out for about an hour today and finished at four thirty. Had my post workout meal (some honey and whey protein). I was really hungry for supper though a few hours later and i ate about 800 calories (mostly chili and nuts, like a probably only had about 40-50 g carbs) So this is fine with calories for the day but generally shouldnt a supper be smaller? Will my body store fat becuase it wont absorb all the supper? BTW i have a rule no carbs after eight, whcih means a protein shake with some fiber and L-glutamin before bed.

SanDantos
12-15-2009, 08:53 AM
800 calories in one sitting isn't that much at all. Any real meal under 1000 is great for you. Most restaurant meals START OFF at 1000cals and go up to like 2000+, which is more then you should eat in an entire day really. So you're still on the right track.

I typically eat 5-6 smaller meals 200-500 calories each probably, every few hours over the day. Some say it keeps your metabolism going, it just keeps me satisfied really. There's arguments about when and how often you should eat on here. My thoughts are it doesnt matter when at all, just the total at the end of the day.

If you've ever heard of The Warrior Diet or variations of it, it's basically eating once a day. I've followed a few threads/programs on here of individuals who eat one HUGE meal, once a day and consume very little else throughout the day (sip a shake, or snack on some fruit) and the guys on here who do this, have some of the greatest bodies I've seen. I've even tried it for a week or two, and found it pretty fun.

Sorry if that was a ton to read, and only semi-related but my point is, it doesn't really matter how much you eat in one sitting, or when, but ultimately how much you've eaten all day. (total calories)

Here's a link to the warrior diet, touches upon eating alot in the evenings:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler49.htm

AustrianOakJr
12-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Doesnt matter when your calories are consumed. If you are eating less than you burn, you will lose weight. Ditch your rule about no carbs after 8. Bro Science.

kevin1991
12-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Doesnt matter when your calories are consumed. If you are eating less than you burn, you will lose weight. Ditch your rule about no carbs after 8. Bro Science.

yeah but carbs when you go to bed inhibit the release of growth hormones, i usually shoot some protein powder some l-glut and some gross fiber with clay, or a can tuna. If i wakeup in the middle of the night a keep some protein powder beside my bed.

metallideth
12-15-2009, 05:42 PM
yeah but carbs when you go to bed inhibit the release of growth hormones, i usually shoot some protein powder some l-glut and some gross fiber with clay, or a can tuna. If i wakeup in the middle of the night a keep some protein powder beside my bed.

mind posting a link to some scientific study proving your statement?

AustrianOakJr
12-15-2009, 05:52 PM

Says who? Carbs require insulin release to digest.....insulin is hugely anabolic. Carbs are also more protein sparing than protein......How am I limiting growth by ingesting carbohydrates prior to bed?

Son, ive been eating carbs before bed since you were swimming around in your daddy's balls......

....sorry, ive just like using that line on you youngsters....;)