PDA

View Full Version : Not working out for a month

blackberries
12-14-2009, 04:41 AM
How much would it hurt if I cannot workout for a month besides doing some simple home exercises like pushups and pullups and some ab exercises? I'm at 6'0, 178lbs, 18% BF. I'm currently trying to lose 10lbs by February and this winter (mid Dec to mid Jan) I'm going to a place where it is way too cold to run outside (below 0 F) and access to a gym is about 30 minutes driving and I won't have a car. I will still be eating very healthy and at a 500-700 deficit but I'm worried about my metabolism slowing down a lot (it's not very high to begin with :()

How much of a setback do you think this will be? Thanks.

RedHatcc
12-14-2009, 06:32 AM
there are several around the house workouts you can do with just body weight. check out the supersite for more workouts around the house that use cardio and body weight training... just remember stay as active as possible, which will be hard sounds like where you are going. i dont think it would be that much of a setback if any at all as long as you find a few workouts to do around the house, just KEEP GOING and dont slack off, its hard to stay focused once you break that weekly routine and start doing or go somewhere else.

Ancher
12-14-2009, 07:25 AM
I had to take about a 3 week break from the gym. Biggest hit was to my endurance. Ive noticed a little loss in total strength also. Im told it takes about 3 weeks of hard work to get back to where you were. I tell ya, it cant come soon enough. Nothing beats the feeling of throwing up while HIIT.

blackberries
12-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks guys for the response.

I guess as long as I continue to keep eating at a deficit and try to stay as active as I could, it wouldn't be that much of a setback and that I would still be able to burn 1-1.2lb per week?

RaginAzN
12-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys for the response.

I guess as long as I continue to keep eating at a deficit and try to stay as active as I could, it wouldn't be that much of a setback and that I would still be able to burn 1-1.2lb per week?

Just keep at it with the deficit, and you'll be surprised at how much doing pull up and pushups everyday would help build your endurance and the more you start doing it'll start feeling like cardio...I work out at the gym but every night I still do 100 pull ups and about 200 pushup just for the hell of it...