PDA

View Full Version : The official John Wall is a Beast thread

rynofan
12-12-2009, 11:03 AM
UK Freshman John Wall is the best freshman to hit college basketball since Carmelo Anthony led the cuse to a title. Come on in and dispute this haters, or come on in and rejoice in the climb back to supremacy for the University of Kentucky!

cman1787
12-12-2009, 11:05 AM
i hope the pacers can draft him next summer

rynofan
12-12-2009, 11:11 AM
He'll be number 1, almost for sure.

Kevintensity
12-12-2009, 11:17 AM
kevin durant and michael beasley were pretty solid too

GetBigyo
12-12-2009, 11:24 AM
People are saying hes the next Isiah Thomas.

Dude is sick

TexasHeat
12-12-2009, 11:24 AM
who is john wall?

TexasHeat
12-12-2009, 11:26 AM
UK Freshman John Wall is the best freshman to hit college basketball since Carmelo Anthony led the cuse to a title. Come on in and dispute this haters, or come on in and rejoice in the climb back to supremacy for the University of Kentucky!

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4989/howboutno.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/the_bonus/06/29/durant/p1.durant.jpg

rynofan
12-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Yes they were, but the way this kid controls games is nuts. Point Guard freshmen arent supposed to single handedly beat Uconn

Dude is sick
THey say he is faster than Derrick Rose with a better shot right now. WOW. Comparing him to Isiah is a huge compliment

who is john wall?

You can look him up on Youtube, but it is mostly his highschool stuff. The best proof would be to watch his ankle breaking quick crossovers in college. He plays for UK

KingCanuck
12-12-2009, 11:28 AM

Dude is sick

The next Isiah Thomas plays for the Washington Huskies

rynofan
12-12-2009, 11:29 AM

Durant was really good, but how far did he take his team. This is yet to be seen with Wall I realize, but he controls the game (in his first 9 games) better than Durant did. You have to actually watch him play to undertand. He scored 12 of the final 15 to beat UConn. He is amazing.

Greg1983
12-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Today was the first time I watched him play. I was definitely impressed. Dude is fast as ****.

rynofan
12-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Today was the first time I watched him play. I was definitely impressed. Dude is fast as ****.

Today was game that he controled through the passing game and good defense. He also kept better control of the ball. He could have scored 30 if wanted to. I think todays game was very impressive.

The Prime Nip
12-12-2009, 11:33 AM
One of the ESPN analysts says he's faster than Rajon Rondo and I agree.

I missed the game today against Indiana. Any amazing plays by Wall today? I'm actually mad that I missed the game too. This is the first college basketball player who I'm actually very excited to see play. His potential is through the roof.

He had zero turnovers today too. Impressive.

The Prime Nip
12-12-2009, 11:35 AM

Username: TexasHeat

Obvious troll is obvious.

Otaman
12-12-2009, 11:35 AM
yeah but wheres your beasley now?

my point is that the top draft prospects today are too overhyped and overrated:

1. Greg Oden - people said he would be a new Bill Russell/David Robinson - he turned out to be a bust.

2. Hasheem Thabeet - was called a new Mutombo - turned out to be a bust

3. Michael Beasley - people said it would be an automatic 20/10 machine - but the guy can barely get 15/7 and is honestly soft as $hit.

4. Yi Jianlian - i dont even know where this guy is in the league or not

5. Blake Griffin - so much hype/expectations - guy hurts himself miraculously before the 1st NBA game (having played in all of the Preseason) and will probably miss half of the season - doubt he will be a 20/10, will probably end up a jumpshooter like Beasley.

I think John Wall at best would resemble Derrick Rose - solid guard (nothing game changing like Chris Paul/Dwayne Wade) who would struggle from all of the hype + physical game in NBA. keep in mind he is 184 lbs @ 6'4 guy will get pushed around.

TexasHeat
12-12-2009, 11:36 AM
in 5 of the 9 games hes played, hes had as many or more turnovers than assists... strong PG...

TexasHeat
12-12-2009, 11:38 AM
username: Texasheat

obvious troll is obvious.

26 points per game 11 rebounds per game in 35 minutes per game = obviously trollin

hahahahaha

Greg1983
12-12-2009, 11:43 AM

1. Greg Oden - people said he would be a new Bill Russell/David Robinson - he turned out to be a bust.

3. Michael Beasley - people said it would be an automatic 20/10 machine - but the guy can barely get 13/5 and is honestly soft as $hit.

5. Blake Griffin - so much hype/expectations - guy hurts himself miraculously before the 1st NBA game (having played in all of the Preseason) and will probably miss half of the season - doubt he will be a 20/10, will probably end up a jumpshooter like Beasley.

I think John Wall at best would resemble Derrick Rose - solid guard (nothing game changing like Chris Paul/Dwayne Wade) who would struggle from all of the hype + physical game in NBA. keep in mind he is 184 lbs @ 6'4 guy will get pushed around.

LOL at calling anyone who gets injured a bust. And Thabeet? Really? Guy's trapped behind Randolph and Gasol and he's still averaging 3 boards and a block in his 10 minutes through his first 18 games out of college.

EMAW

3. Michael Beasley - people said it would be an automatic 20/10 machine - but the guy can barely get 15/7 and is honestly soft as $hit.

Beasley had a rough rookie season because of off the court issues and is improving greatly this season.

Kevintensity

Hm....well we were talking about college stats, I didnt mention anything about his post-collegiate career

The Prime Nip
12-12-2009, 11:48 AM

3. Michael Beasley - people said it would be an automatic 20/10 machine - but the guy can barely get 13/5 and is honestly soft as $hit.

1. Oden keeps getting injured.
2. Thabeet - I never thought he would become a great player. He's just not quick enough.
3. Beasley - I'll agree, but he has been improving
4. Yi is playing with the Nets. He has been injured. Has only played the first 4 games this year.
5. I think Griffin is going to be a beast on the boards. His offensive game may need some work. We'll see.

In regards to John Wall, he's not a big guy but he's tall. You don't need to be jacked to be a great NBA player. Look at Kevin Durant. Plus, Wall is going to be a PG, a position where strength and muscle mass don't play a big part in the game. He will probably be the fastest guy in the NBA and he'll be able to dribble penetrate whenever he wants. He knows how to manage a team and has great court vision. His jumpshot is silky smooth. Let's be honest, none of the guys you mentioned are as athletically gifted as Wall. I think he's going to be a special player if he keeps improving himself.

The Prime Nip
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM
26 points per game 11 rebounds per game in 35 minutes per game = obviously trollin

hahahahaha

You haven't even see Wall play, brah. Durant is one of the best college players ever, but why the hate with Wall?

Otaman
12-12-2009, 11:52 AM
LOL at calling anyone who gets injured a bust. And Thabeet? Really? Guy's trapped behind Randolph and Gasol and he's still averaging 3 boards and a block in his 10 minutes through his first 18 games out of college.

He was the 2nd overall pick - that means he should be a "franchise-saving" player, did u see him play in preseason - guy was awful. Why do u think they only keep under 10 mins? This ain't no champiosnhip team = they are not doing that to mess up the chemistry, he is just that bad.

Beasley had a rough rookie season because of off the court issues and is improving greatly this season.

well actually yeah, just looked up his recent stats - 15.4 pps 7 boards - not bad, he should keep that aggressiveness

Otaman
12-12-2009, 11:58 AM
1. Oden keeps getting injured.
2. Thabeet - I never thought he would become a great player. He's just not quick enough.
3. Beasley - I'll agree, but he has been improving
4. Yi is playing with the Nets. He has been injured. Has only played the first 4 games this year.
5. I think Griffin is going to be a beast on the boards. His offensive game may need some work. We'll see.

In regards to John Wall, he's not a big guy but he's tall. You don't need to be jacked to be a great NBA player. Look at Kevin Durant. Plus, Wall is going to be a PG, a position where strength and muscle mass don't play a big part in the game. He will probably be the fastest guy in the NBA and he'll be able to dribble penetrate whenever he wants. He knows how to manage a team and has great court vision. His jumpshot is silky smooth. Let's be honest, none of the guys you mentioned are as athletically gifted as Wall. I think he's going to be a special player if he keeps improving himself.

We'll see brah, don't get me wrong I would love to see someone come out and dominate in their rookie year - haven't seen this since Lebron/Melo/Wade draft

and yeah Durant is a breath of fresh air - so many doubted and undervalued him

Greg1983
12-12-2009, 11:59 AM
He was the 2nd overall pick - that means he should be a "franchise-saving" player, did u see him play in preseason - guy was awful. Why do u think they only keep under 10 mins? This ain't no champiosnhip team = they are not doing that to mess up the chemistry, he is just that bad.

He's developing. I can't say watching Grizzlies preseason games are at the top of my to-do list but I thought he's looked fine when he's been in in the regular season. Way too soon to call him a bust.

Grind4Mine
12-12-2009, 12:03 PM
John Wall has can't miss in the NBA type skills, hes D. Rose but with a much better midrange pullup he can go to if the bigs close the gap, kid will have more impact at the NBA level then Durant and Beasly

Geometrics
12-12-2009, 12:13 PM
John Wall is fast as hell and extremely good with both hands, his jump shot isnt anything special but he can improve it but as for the Derrick Rose comparisons if I had to pick it would be Derrick hands down.Hes more athletic,stronger and more under control even in college. Derrick Rose=future hof

kyleTX
12-12-2009, 12:17 PM
who is john wall?

in 5 of the 9 games hes played, hes had as many or more turnovers than assists... strong PG...

hahahahaha

you had to ask who he was, then you try to analyze him lol. Sorry, but gtfo and don't post anymore in the grown up section

SwagMorris
12-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Durant>Wall

gswarrior510
12-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Durant was really good, but how far did he take his team. This is yet to be seen with Wall I realize, but he controls the game (in his first 9 games) better than Durant did. You have to actually watch him play to undertand. He scored 12 of the final 15 to beat UConn. He is amazing.

lol are you retarded? Durant is a set SUPERstar. There is absolutely nothing that can prevent him from being one in 2-3 years.

And he took them to a good record.

Username: TexasHeat

Obvious troll is obvious.

Durant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rose>>>>Wall

this lol

John Wall is fast as hell and extremely good with both hands, his jump shot isnt anything special but he can improve it but as for the Derrick Rose comparisons if I had to pick it would be Derrick hands down.Hes more athletic,stronger and more under control even in college. Derrick Rose=future hof

/facepalm

IllumX
12-12-2009, 12:54 PM

bro you know nothing about basketball..and i'm just talking about #5 ...did u watch him in college?? 80% of his shots were in the post...griffin is a POST-UP player. Not to mention he dominated the pre-season. I have no doubts he will live up to his #1 selection as long as he stays healthy

rynofan
12-12-2009, 02:34 PM
OK first John Wall is the FASTEST player with the ball you will ever see. He runs while dribbling faster than most even get down the court. Ask Jerome Dyson and Kemba Walker 2 supposed Uconn super stars that watched Wall streak by at will. Wall is faster than Rose and more athletic, he just isn't as big yet. Going into today John Wall had 1.5 assist to 1 turnover, to go along with 19 points and 3 steals. And today he had 8 assist to one to. Realize that if you actually watch him many of his turnovers are due to him being so much faster than and more athletic then some of his teammates. He throws passes that leave fans like WOW, and his teammates simply arent used to playing that style. REmember he is young as are the rest. LEt them play together for a few more weeks adn his turnover will be gone. HE IS GREAT!

nexues97
12-12-2009, 03:13 PM
if you like watching him on TV imagine watching him in Rupp! (love being a UKY student)

only weak spot is he's not a team player yet.

gswarrior510
12-12-2009, 03:29 PM
OK first John Wall is the FASTEST player with the ball you will ever see. He runs while dribbling faster than most even get down the court. Ask Jerome Dyson and Kemba Walker 2 supposed Uconn super stars that watched Wall streak by at will. Wall is faster than Rose and more athletic, he just isn't as big yet. Going into today John Wall had 1.5 assist to 1 turnover, to go along with 19 points and 3 steals. And today he had 8 assist to one to. Realize that if you actually watch him many of his turnovers are due to him being so much faster than and more athletic then some of his teammates. He throws passes that leave fans like WOW, and his teammates simply arent used to playing that style. REmember he is young as are the rest. LEt them play together for a few more weeks adn his turnover will be gone. HE IS GREAT!

no he's not. and he's not faster than rose

sellihca
12-12-2009, 05:00 PM
i'm already getting sick of all the lovefest on espn

rynofan
12-12-2009, 06:35 PM
if you like watching him on TV imagine watching him in Rupp! (love being a UKY student)

only weak spot is he's not a team player yet.
Hook me up with tix. Im dying to take my son. Hes 11 and relly starting to get into UK.

no he's not. and he's not faster than rose

OK name one faster, and I ll think Ill tak Coach Cal's word over yours. As well as Dick Vitale, well known ACC lover who only talks about Duke and UNC, also said that he has a gear that is not even matched by Derrick Rose. There are many others I could quote. But since your argument was no he's not I won't waste my time. Please come with facts or beat it.

gswarrior510
12-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Monta, TJ ford, Brooks, Rose, Rondo, Harris, Barbosa

rynofan
12-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Monta, TJ ford, Brooks, Rose, Rondo, Harris, Barbosa

NO. I love Rondo, but there have been so many experts in the past few days come out and say that Wall is faster than even Rose and Rondo, how can you dispute it. I am not knocking these guys, I am just saying Wall is faster, not better or more athletic than everyone, just faster with the ball. I will bet that most arguing against have not actually seen him play yet. Do me a favor and watch him first then decide. Also I am repping all in htis thread even those who differ their opinion. If I have not gotten you yet I am out today and will get you. Keep the debate semi-respectful and I will give all my measly reps.

storm1507
12-13-2009, 10:41 AM
One of the ESPN analysts says he's faster than Rajon Rondo and I agree.

I missed the game today against Indiana. Any amazing plays by Wall today? I'm actually mad that I missed the game too. This is the first college basketball player who I'm actually very excited to see play. His potential is through the roof.

He had zero turnovers today too. Impressive.

The one that I remember is a fast break, 2 defenders I think, and Patterson running on his left side. Wall cut toward the middle around the foul line and I thought for sure would toss up a nice alley oop to Patterson. He jumped, moved his body toward the left around the defender, and slammed it left handed (his off hand) pretty strongly. The best part was that it was so unexpected...or I guess we should be getting used to that by now.

He is the fastest with the ball that I can remember. However, let's wait and see how fast he is when is under control 90% of the time.

rynofan
12-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Thats whats so impressive is that he stays under control majority of the time. He's so fast he may look out of control, but in the end he makes a spectacular play look easy.

Powers
12-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Thats whats so impressive is that he stays under control majority of the time. He's so fast he may look out of control, but in the end he makes a spectacular play look easy.

This video right here shows you how he makes a routine play look spectacular. Catch/dribble/two steps/dunk all from halfcourt and only takes a split second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jbYLSJ9SsM

rynofan
12-13-2009, 04:39 PM
The one that I remember is a fast break, 2 defenders I think, and Patterson running on his left side. Wall cut toward the middle around the foul line and I thought for sure would toss up a nice alley oop to Patterson. He jumped, moved his body toward the left around the defender, and slammed it left handed (his off hand) pretty strongly. The best part was that it was so unexpected...or I guess we should be getting used to that by now.

He is the fastest with the ball that I can remember. However, let's wait and see how fast he is when is under control 90% of the time.

This video right here shows you how he makes a routine play look spectacular. Catch/dribble/two steps/dunk all from halfcourt and only takes a split second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jbYLSJ9SsM

This is the play Storm was referrign to. That kid tryig to stop him flinched for the contact but Wall showed such great body control that all the kid could do was open his eyes and look up like "where the hell did he go" Amazing play!

Geometrics
12-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Ive watched a little bit of him he might be faster then rose but rose is a blur to and rose has athleticism next to none
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oFBtyPn1Xkg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oFBtyPn1Xkg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Look at his speed in that video^^^^
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzJWCS13dwc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzJWCS13dwc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQvTABMutyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VQvTABMutyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
One of the most if not the most athletic point guards ever

gswarrior510
12-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Westbrook

rynofan
12-21-2009, 06:26 PM
C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS
Yes it was just Drexel, but a very special night for UK. And John Wall made a few moves that were proof of my point. Wow, he's special. And not short bus special either.

The Prime Nip
12-29-2009, 05:38 PM
16 assists, breaks UK record for most assists in a game. A few highlight reel plays too. Just another day in the life of John Wall.

Powers
12-29-2009, 05:48 PM
16 assists, breaks UK record for most assists in a game. A few highlight reel plays too. Just another day in the life of John Wall.

He put an absolute clinic tonight. Made it look so easy. Had he played harder or more minutes most likely would have broken the all time NCAA record.

lakers4life123
12-29-2009, 05:49 PM
j wall might almost be as good as nic wise

Gmoney23
12-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Wall is very good and has a better jumper than Rose. But, he is not as fast as Rose and not the leaper that Rose is.

GetBigyo
04-30-2010, 05:11 PM
bump

FhsDeTxFball
04-30-2010, 05:41 PM
this aint even a question rose is a superstar in the makin wall will be lucky to make an allstar game

this_is_war87
04-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Wall is very good and has a better jumper than Rose. But, he is not as fast as Rose and not the leaper that Rose is.

I can't really say how fast Rose considering i've never seen him play live, however I have watched Rajon Rondo and John Wall. John Wall is the fastest player i've ever saw on the court in person. TV does no justice to how fast he is - you'd have to see it,

this_is_war87
04-30-2010, 08:00 PM
this aint even a question rose is a superstar in the makin wall will be lucky to make an allstar game

We'll see.

GetBigyo
10-01-2010, 10:00 PM
bumped for upcoming season.

rynofan
12-05-2010, 06:51 PM

Care to change your opinion yet?

ZidaneValor
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Care to change your opinion yet?

I liked how you bumped this thread in a game where Wall isn't even the best point guard on the court.

rynofan
12-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I liked how you bumped this thread in a game where Wall isn't even the best point guard on the court.

Actually not watching the game right now. Do you like how Wall set records during his first three NBA games? Or do you like how he gets to the rim at will like he did in college? Or do you like how he will change the position for future point guards?

ZidaneValor
12-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Actually not watching the game right now. Do you like how Wall set records during his first three NBA games? Or do you like how he gets to the rim at will like he did in college? Or do you like how he will change the position for future point guards?

I like how Steve Nash is outplaying him.

Wall is a very good player. Nash is better.

rynofan
12-05-2010, 07:04 PM
I like how Steve Nash is outplaying him.

Wall is a very good player. Nash is better.

Nash is one of the greatest to ever play the position and Wall is a very young and inexperienced rookie that plays for a terrible team. Wall will be every bit as good as Nash in a couple years and better by the end of his career. Not a knock on Nash, becasue I really like Nash. I truly believe that Wall has all the talent to make him an all time great!

gswarrior510
12-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I doubt Wall will ever be as good as prime Nash...

YIAMSOMEBODY
12-05-2010, 08:17 PM

He's living up to the hype now. Dude is in beast mode right now.

GRIFFIN FOR ROY!!!!!

GetBigyo
01-21-2011, 05:00 PM
bump