PDA

View Full Version : Help with late night foods...

BEN52
12-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Hello,

I am working on losing weight and have been doing pretty good. I am working out 6 days a week and eating clean with higher protein and moderate carbs. Anyway, I am trying not to eat after 6pm and do so religiously on my days off. However I work as an inner city fireman and paramedic. When I am on the ambulance at night, it generally means being up ALL night. By 1 or 2 am I am starving. Any suggestions on foods that wont kill my weight loss?

ambiguity00100
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Hello,

I am working on losing weight and have been doing pretty good. I am working out 6 days a week and eating clean with higher protein and moderate carbs. Anyway, I am trying not to eat after 6pm and do so religiously on my days off. However I work as an inner city fireman and paramedic. When I am on the ambulance at night, it generally means being up ALL night. By 1 or 2 am I am starving. Any suggestions on foods that wont kill my weight loss?

I usually eat no fat cottage cheese or casein (tends to make me more hungry though), and serving of natural peanut butter and big glass of water.

RaginAzN
12-11-2009, 04:17 PM
how about eat a lil bit less in the morning/afternoon so you can eat in the middle of the night? that will even everything out...

selffirst
12-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Dude.......Making homemade protein bars saved me from overeating at night.......4 cups of oats, 4 to 5 scoops of protein powder,1 half cup of natty peanut butter, about a half cup of splenda...add low fat milk until it's the consistency of cookie dough....press into a oiled cake pan.......Sometimes I sprinkle splenda over the top to make them sweeter.....Sometimes I also sprinkle them with starbucks ground coffee and or cocoa powder....do yourself a favor and score the bars with a knife before putting them in the refrig....it makes them easier the cut out later.....I also make my own chicken and beef jerky...it's not as hard as it sounds....do a search for that recipe....if you cant find it.....feel free to PM me....Enjoy.....Self

BEN52
12-11-2009, 04:35 PM
how about eat a lil bit less in the morning/afternoon so you can eat in the middle of the night? that will even everything out...

its not an undereating or overeating problem I have. The problem im facing is being awake for extended periods of time. It's pretty common for me to be up 26-28 hours at a time with no sleep followed by 6-8 hours of sleep.

selffirst
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Ben...I understand I work nights and I learned that I needed to make healthy snacks when hunger hits dude.....Cheers

jaysanpowa7
12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
its not an undereating or overeating problem I have. The problem im facing is being awake for extended periods of time. It's pretty common for me to be up 26-28 hours at a time with no sleep followed by 6-8 hours of sleep.

Spread your meals out as much as you can if it's psychological. have 6-8 meals over the course of the day. I use the word meals sparingly obviously because they will probably consist of 300-400 calorie mini-meals.

I love the act of eating so i make sure i keep low calorie treats around but i know some people like the feeling of being full so some just have one big meal and call it a day.

Also, when i know i've met my calorie limit and feel hunger come on, i just drink a half a gallon of water. I'm too full/uncomoftable to think of eating something.

BEN52
12-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Here is an example based upon my last work day...FYI I ended up catching a late rune which resulted in me being up for nearly 32 hours. That day I ate:

BREAKFAST

2 packets Quaker low sugar oats
Bannana

SNACK

Sunkist Tuna Creation Packet

LUNCH

Grilled skinless chicken breast
Brown rice
cooked carrots

SNACK

Special K bar

DINNER

Grilled skinless chicken breast
Brown rice
cooked carrots

by about 0200 I was starving but didn't eat because the only thing open in the ghetto is a few ****ty gas stations and I did'nt pack anything...

DLove86
12-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Dude.......Making homemade protein bars saved me from overeating at night.......4 cups of oats, 4 to 5 scoops of protein powder,1 half cup of natty peanut butter, about a half cup of splenda...add low fat milk until it's the consistency of cookie dough....press into a oiled cake pan.......Sometimes I sprinkle splenda over the top to make them sweeter.....Sometimes I also sprinkle them with starbucks ground coffee and or cocoa powder....do yourself a favor and score the bars with a knife before putting them in the refrig....it makes them easier the cut out later.....I also make my own chicken and beef jerky...it's not as hard as it sounds....do a search for that recipe....if you cant find it.....feel free to PM me....Enjoy.....Self

wow self that sounds frikkin good!! repped for idea... but for the protein bars how many calories do they average? i guess you can just count what you put in there and divide by number of bars...

selffirst
12-11-2009, 05:35 PM
wow self that sounds frikkin good!! repped for idea... but for the protein bars how many calories do they average? i guess you can just count what you put in there and divide by number of bars...

The bars are awesome....Enjoy bro :)

trance__dreamer
12-11-2009, 06:31 PM
i save most of my calories for the evening; feels good, man. :D