PDA

View Full Version : Hit a road block in gaining

BagOsnarkz
12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't have a specific diet that I'm following so I'm almost 100% sure this is the cause

I'm 5'10 137lbs +/- 1 lb and am basically forcing food down my face, but apparently its not the right stuff.

I can't really give an example as I don't eat much of the same food everyday, besides lunch where I eat 3 peanut butter and honey sandwhiches

What all I just started taking supplement wise about a month ago:

Animal Pak (Only 1 pack a day)

After glow (1 Scoop before work out, 2 after work out) - this is my pre-work out and post workout, I think pre workouts should be nutrition based, not stimulant based

Muscle Juice 2544 - 1 serving a day

Fish Oil

---------------------

My biggest problem is, food is expensive and I am extremely poor and there have been nights where I've had to eat ramen with spaghetti sauce.

Can anyone help me with a diet to get past this barrier?

I went and got some food that I think will help get me in the right direction and to kind of start off with and it includes the following:

Wheat bread/honey/peanut butter for lunch and breakfast at work

Two cans of peanuts to snack on at home/work

Yogurt

Chicken breast

Also, it should be noted that my cooking skills are terrible at best, I can make amazing eggs and edible teryaki chicken.

---------------------------

I'm currently limited to 3 days a week at the gym and am hitting all the main lifts (deads/squats/bench) with a upper body/lower body day split (I try to make it 4 to 5 days whenever possible)

Doing 5 sets of 5 reps with the heaviest weight I can.

Any help would be appreciated, I want to stay clear of Pro-Hormones

dat
12-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Need more calories, simple as that. Fats are easy to get in, add oils, butter, milk, etc. How much are you taking in at the moment? If you're taking in 4k or more, not doing much cardio and not gaining at your weight, I would consider seeing a doctor.

BagOsnarkz
12-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I'd say about 2.5k calories a day, my gainer a lone is ~1,200, and the sammiches for lunch are close to 1000, that doesn't include anything else I eat that day