PDA

View Full Version : Protein shakes

jonesltd
12-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Real stupid question it may seem but I want to build muscle and become more definied and toned which I am doing and have stopped taking my protein shake. Should I start taking it again and even when I dont go to the gym ie days off, should I take a shake with me to work? Just dont want to put on fat etc so have cut down on loads of things?

Eileen
12-06-2009, 12:29 PM
It all depends on your calorie requirements and how it fits into your macros. But protein after lifting is usually a good idea, and a shake is generally a better snack meal than a bagel or something similar.

ColoradoBoundo
12-06-2009, 05:21 PM
When your wanting to build muscle & are doing some serious lifting, you want 1g protein per 1lb body weight

Track what you eat to see if your getting that. I don't get that through my meals, so I take 1-2 protein shakes a day - Usually just 1 after I work out

Holly2710
12-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I find protien shakes are actually better to have if you are trying to lose weights. I use to put water in mine, just to decrease my calories consumed. An awesome brand is whey gourmet cooler, I buy the peach ice tea flavor and just stir in some water. I usually have a sweet potatoe with my protien shake, just to add some bulk so Im not as hungry later.

jonesltd
12-10-2009, 12:01 AM
I find protien shakes are actually better to have if you are trying to lose weights. I use to put water in mine, just to decrease my calories consumed. An awesome brand is whey gourmet cooler, I buy the peach ice tea flavor and just stir in some water. I usually have a sweet potatoe with my protien shake, just to add some bulk so Im not as hungry later.

I have put on weight according to the scales! But clothes feel looser which confusing me even more...ah well!

I shall take some promax then just didnt want to put on fat etc. It says 1 scoop = 30g

and for me who is now 67kg!!! (omg) for muscle gain is 3 scoops, definition 2 scoops and endurance 1 scoop. If I take 2 scoops which is what I am wanting to achieve I dont want to look butch so to speak :( Confused I am!!!

dvsness
12-10-2009, 08:17 AM
I have put on weight according to the scales! But clothes feel looser which confusing me even more...ah well!

I shall take some promax then just didnt want to put on fat etc. It says 1 scoop = 30g

and for me who is now 67kg!!! (omg) for muscle gain is 3 scoops, definition 2 scoops and endurance 1 scoop. If I take 2 scoops which is what I am wanting to achieve I dont want to look butch so to speak :( Confused I am!!!

It's total calories in over calories out of you entire nutritional plan, not some magic based on scoops of protein.

Butch :rolleyes:

sacha2
12-10-2009, 08:27 AM
It's total calories in over calories out of you entire nutritional plan, not some magic based on scoops of protein.

Butch :rolleyes:

LOL, sometimes I wonder if girls think they will suddenly sprout a penis from drinking a protein shake. Maybe it should have a warning: "WARNING! BSN LEAN DESSERT MAY CAUSE PENIS GROWTH!!" (I suppose the sales would explode in the male population)

IrkyMoto
12-10-2009, 09:12 AM
LOL, sometimes I wonder if girls think they will suddenly sprout a penis from drinking a protein shake. Maybe it should have a warning: "WARNING! BSN LEAN DESSERT MAY CAUSE PENIS GROWTH!!" (I suppose the sales would explode in the male population)

OMG! I'm totally LMAO at the penis sprouting! Drinking a protein shake will NOT, I repeat WILL NOT make you butch..lol...good lord!

Irene