PDA

View Full Version : Vinegar 411???

Hannah625
12-04-2009, 11:55 PM
I am in no way familiar with alternative medicine so this is news to me. I have had several intelligent people tell me that drinking between .5 to 2oz of vinegar a day aids in weight loss. Ive had a difficult time finding any information to support or discount this claim. Is there anyone out there who has personal experience or knowlege regarding this matter? Im interested in the science of it. Hannah

kudostojen
12-05-2009, 05:49 AM
I just did a search because i've never heard of this before and i haven't found anything to suggest it would work. A couple of sites mentioned studies but didn't provide any links to these studies.

One site mentioned that vinegar helps with insulin response after a high carb meal. No study referenced.
One site stated a study was done on rats and the rats fed the vinegar showed a 10% reduction in weight after 6 weeks. They state this study was done by Scientists from the Central Research Institute, Japan.

My opinion, it's garbage. Use an ECA stack to assist in weight loss. That one is scientifically proven and many people will confirm it's effects.

Durbandoll
12-05-2009, 05:59 AM
You must be carefull. My sister did that when she was trying to lose weight. She needed a blood transfusion. Too much viniger affects your blood cells.

imperfectly_lou
12-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Also bad for your teeth...

aznprincess
12-05-2009, 10:03 AM
um, just eat below maintenance and you should lose weight. if you want things to move a little faster and your diet is tight, add some cardio. you WILL lose weight if you do these things.

if you're not able to do the things above, there's no point to looking for supplements for weight loss... nothing else on the planet will do the work for you
:-(

Hannah625
12-05-2009, 08:13 PM
HI,
Oh no doubt! My workout is coming along. Im lifting 3-4 days a week full body and doing cardio at least two. Im just getting started though and everyone around me keeps trying to throw in their two cents on the matter, that or just telling me I cant do it so I shouldnt bother. I must say im getting fed up with the fat girl diet jokes. I dont really have any plans on drinking vinegar, sounds gross. I just wanted to know if there was anything to it. Thank you ALL so much for taking a minute to help me out. I just love this Body Building.com thing!!! Its so helpful!!! Hannah

um, just eat below maintenance and you should lose weight. if you want things to move a little faster and your diet is tight, add some cardio. you WILL lose weight if you do these things.

if you're not able to do the things above, there's no point to looking for supplements for weight loss... nothing else on the planet will do the work for you
:-(