PDA

View Full Version : New Discoveries? (for me at least)

SportyShorty89
12-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Experience will always be more valuable than reading an article or asking advice and many women on here have a lot of experience when it comes to trying different methods to yield the best results. SO...

Turkey Day killed me, inhaled 4 plates of food like it was nothing. Before this I never really varied my diet much, its always the same 1800-2000cals @ 50/30/20. I came back Nov. 30th at 121lbs, from 117. Discouraging but no biggy, most is water and got right back on track.

Today, Dec 3rd, the second I walked in the gym I felt like tearing the place up, so I did (to my standards) Here's the differences::

(3 sets of 10)
Last Week: Bench-95lbs
Dips-body weight
Tricep Pulldown-72lbs
Curls-20lbs
ETC......

(3 sets of 10!!!! again)
Today: Bench-115lbs
Dips-weight+20lbs
Tricep Pulldown-84lbs
Curls-30lbs
ETC....
I've never increased weights more than 10lbs @ a time and always start out with new weight at 3 sets of 8.

Felt like weighing myself at the gym (real nice scale for the wrestlers) and it said 115lbs. (What??) Weighed myself at home and it read the same. So after that long and drawn out explanation.....would that be similar to a carb load? Just taking one day weekly or biweekly to replenish your body with yummy goodness? Who else has experienced this?

Hannah73Louise
12-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Perhaps it was simply the change gave your body a shock. If you always eat exactly the same all the time, that day would have really shaken things up.....

kfisherx
12-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Another one discovers the pure genius of FOOD-A-BOL!! :D :D :D

Yup. You took a perfectly timed diet break and added strength to your body just like you would do in a carb up situation. Great work and exactly why I always tell people to chillax about "cheating" on Thanksgiving and Christmas days. I mean if you are normally otherwise compliant it can def work for you.

SportyShorty89
12-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Haha thanks a bunch! Looking forward to Christmas even more now :D

Amanda76
12-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Another one discovers the pure genius of FOOD-A-BOL!! :D :D :D

Yup. You took a perfectly timed diet break and added strength to your body just like you would do in a carb up situation. Great work and exactly why I always tell people to chillax about "cheating" on Thanksgiving and Christmas days. I mean if you are normally otherwise compliant it can def work for you.

"Food-a-bol." Love it. :D

kfisherx
12-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Haha thanks a bunch! Looking forward to Christmas even more now :D

Your next steps will have to be to try a "bulk" cycle. Man I was SOOOOO strong my last one. Food-a-bol RULES! For months on end I set PRs every single time I stepped into the gym. I hardly cared even a little about the little buldge around my waist. LOL!

SportyShorty89
12-04-2009, 09:53 AM
It's tough to bulk because of my college sports, my practices usually run about 3 hours and its mostly cardio circuits. I have done it before...I was 97lbs 3 years ago. But I will soooo keep this in mind for my break between sports. Thanks a lot :)

kfisherx
12-04-2009, 10:10 AM
It's tough to bulk because of my college sports, my practices usually run about 3 hours and its mostly cardio circuits. I have done it before...I was 97lbs 3 years ago. But I will soooo keep this in mind for my break between sports. Thanks a lot :)

HA HA.. I am in the exact same place with 2-3 hour football practices 3 times a week. Ain't no sort of strength training happening to me this year. Still, I get to play full contact female football at a semi-pro level. I think that is a fair tradeoff.

Looking forward to my off season though where I will DEFINATELY discover the magic of a bulk.

punxnotdead309
12-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Wish I could bulk! I'm saving that for when I lose a good 20lbs. At least I'm down 2lbs in just under two weeks. Woot!

Love_angel
12-05-2009, 12:06 AM
4 plates of food!! i can barely finish 1 lol

Hannah73Louise
12-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Your next steps will have to be to try a "bulk" cycle. Man I was SOOOOO strong my last one. Food-a-bol RULES! For months on end I set PRs every single time I stepped into the gym. I hardly cared even a little about the little buldge around my waist. LOL!

That's me right now! Glad the tummy bulge is normal. I really dislike mine and am looking forward to getting rid of it, but the strength(and hopefully size) gain is worth it.