PDA

View Full Version : Reduce Body Fat

AustJulie
12-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Well i have other threads wich i wrote my diet..not sure if its good...i didnt get any answer yet about what exacly i have to eat like one diet plan an idea anything for lose at least 1pond weekly....please i really would like u girls idea...meal plans..something i can follow and finally achieve my goal...

Echo814
12-02-2009, 03:34 PM
To lose a pound a week you need to create a 500 calorie deficit a day, its that simple. You can do this by diet alone or with both diet and exercise. If you create the 500 calorie deficit with diet and still workout you will lose more than a pound a week. Don't go over 2 lbs a week though because you start burning muscle at that point.

I cannot stress how what works well for one person may not work for the next. Do some research on the super site for some ideas, sometimes you need to do trial and error before you find the right one. I took me a while before I found mine; 1800 calories, 180 grams of protein, 135 grams of carbs and 60 grams fat. Kimm4 and freebirdmac helped point me in the right direction, but it was up to me to decide to follow it. I plan my weekly food on fitday.com and change up the types of foods to hit my macro-nutrients roughly 40%p,30%f, 30%c. My calorie count may be to high for you, but I am recovering from an eating disorder and messed up diet and exercise habits.

After reading your other threads you look like you are guessing your calorie intake at 1400. For a week log your food into fitday.com or some other tracking site and see what you are really eating. If you have been at 1400 for a long time you might want to try eating a maintenance calories for a couple of weeks and then drop it to 500 below maintenance levels.

AustJulie
12-02-2009, 03:49 PM
To lose a pound a week you need to create a 500 calorie deficit a day, its that simple. You can do this by diet alone or with both diet and exercise. If you create the 500 calorie deficit with diet and still workout you will lose more than a pound a week. Don't go over 2 lbs a week though because you start burning muscle at that point.

I cannot stress how what works well for one person may not work for the next. Do some research on the super site for some ideas, sometimes you need to do trial and error before you find the right one. I took me a while before I found mine; 1800 calories, 180 grams of protein, 135 grams of carbs and 60 grams fat. Kimm4 and freebirdmac helped point me in the right direction, but it was up to me to decide to follow it. I plan my weekly food on fitday.com and change up the types of foods to hit my macro-nutrients roughly 40%p,30%f, 30%c. My calorie count may be to high for you, but I am recovering from an eating disorder and messed up diet and exercise habits.

well i did use the website but to be honest i didnt think it was correct...coz right now im not even eating too much carbs coz im doing the Dr.Atkin diet the South beach phase 2 wich includes low carbs...and the website shows me im taking 1.700 kcal a day hows is possible this much of kcal when my day pretty much is

allbran half cup with 200ml of fat free milk

snack 10 hazelnuts ,125ml berries yougurt fat free..

lunch 2tsp brown rice ,2tbs beans, 150gram of chicken breast vegies like tomato ,mushroomns cucumber...lettuce

snack after training whey protein and 2 clementines

dinner chicken breast, 2 boiled eggs and vegies

before sleep cup of white tea...

so now i dont think so this is 1700 kcal....and the website shows..me that..so im kind confuse.. and i would like to start to introduce a ry bread....and one more fruit to be more health...but im lost how many kcals is this diet im doing above....so far..

Echo814
12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
well i did use the website but to be honest i didnt think it was correct...coz right now im not even eating too much carbs coz im doing the Dr.Atkin diet the South beach phase 2 wich includes low carbs...and the website shows me im taking 1.700 kcal a day hows is possible this much of kcal when my day pretty much is

allbran half cup with 200ml of fat free milk

snack 10 hazelnuts ,125ml berries yougurt fat free..

lunch 2tsp brown rice ,2tbs beans, 150gram of chicken breast vegies like tomato ,mushroomns cucumber...lettuce

snack after training whey protein and 2 clementines

dinner chicken breast, 2 boiled eggs and vegies

before sleep cup of white tea...

so now i dont think so this is 1700 kcal....and the website shows..me that..so im kind confuse.. and i would like to start to introduce a ry bread....and one more fruit to be more health...but im lost how many kcals is this diet im doing above....so far..

You may need to enter certain foods manually, I had to with a few things. Another thing could be measuring are you using scales and measuring cups? Sometimes when we eyeball portions it can be more or less than what we thought. Also what does your fat intake look like? I know on a lot of these diets it gets pretty low and that can actually hinder weight loss.

As you get closer to your goal weight it does slow down quite a bit as well, it can take longer to lose the extra five pounds than say twenty.

AustJulie
12-02-2009, 04:21 PM
You may need to enter certain foods manually, I had to with a few things. Another thing could be measuring are you using scales and measuring cups? Sometimes when we eyeball portions it can be more or less than what we thought. Also what does your fat intake look like? I know on a lot of these diets it gets pretty low and that can actually hinder weight loss.

so thats my thing what i can see here im kind fixing on the website its shows me 37.3 fat a day and coming from nuts and milk and egg..thats what im saying i didnt use anything to measure the portions i will do it from tomorrow...but now i sort of fix the things with the website and shows me around 1400kcals day...but i want to take one portion more of fruit for sure this should not change so much...

Echo814
12-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Adding in an extra piece a fruit should not do much, berries are a great option. Definitely start weighing the food, you don't have to do it all the time, a week or two should be sufficient. Give it at least a month before noticing any changes though, it can take that long for your body to react and don't go messing around with the numbers because you don't see an immediate change. Since you really don't have a lot of weight to lose (over five or ten pounds) it will take a little bit longer, be patient and you'll get the results that you want.

-E

AustJulie
12-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Adding in an extra piece a fruit should not do much, berries are a great option. Definitely start weighing the food, you don't have to do it all the time, a week or two should be sufficient. Give it at least a month before noticing any changes though, it can take that long for your body to react and don't go messing around with the numbers because you don't see an immediate change. Since you really don't have a lot of weight to lose (over five or ten pounds) it will take a little bit longer, be patient and you'll get the results that you want.

-E

Like i will ask a favor if u girls could please leave here like what u eat today for example just for i have an idea what time and like what u guys are eating.. thats maby would helps alot.. aswell

AustJulie
12-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Like i will ask a favor if u girls could please leave here like what u eat today for example just for i have an idea what time and like what u guys are eating.. thats maby would helps alot.. aswell

Hi girls today i checked every single thing i was eating i put everything on fitday and my result was

Carbs 118g - Protein 136 - Fat 36.6

So thats mean
Fat (24%) Carbs (34%) Protein (41%)

Calories 1.267

So pretty much i always eat like this.... shoul i increase something or for reduce body fat is ok if need to know what iam eating i can post it...