PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss pills, need help choosing..

c0vjek
12-01-2009, 05:33 PM
I am looking for some weight loss pills for my wife, she does workout with me but needs that little boost.

Her diet is not the best but I am working on making it good for her. I looked though weight loss supplements and do not know what would be safe for a women.
I need something for her that is safe and effective
Thank you

Emoore
12-01-2009, 05:44 PM
None of them are really effective, especially if her diet's not spot-on. You'd just be wasting your money until she starts adhering to a strict diet.

c0vjek
12-01-2009, 06:03 PM
None of them are really effective, especially if her diet's not spot-on. You'd just be wasting your money until she starts adhering to a strict diet.

i know that, but if you can recommend any, what would it be?
i'll just get it for her, it can be a motivational tool like some supplements were for me when i started

kimm4
12-01-2009, 06:12 PM
If she's looking for a boost drink a cup of coffee. There are no weight loss supps that work if your diets off...which hers is so that's where she needs to start.

Fat loss supps should only come into play when you hit a plateau trying to lose the last few lbs.

If you want to get a her a supp, get her some protein powder...money better spent.

RaaawR
12-01-2009, 06:16 PM
i'll just get it for her, it can be a motivational tool like some supplements were for me when i started

It will not be a motivational tool, it will be something like "Oh, I am going to eat that cheeseburger, I am taking a pill to lose fat anyways".

No weight loss pill really works, the thing that really does work is the diet, do not waste money on that kind of supplements..

KyleAaron
12-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Some weight loss pills work, but they have other bad effects, messing with your heart and so on.

Most don't do anything at all.

So you have a choice between

ineffective, harmless, expensive, and
effective, harmful, expensive

Why would you inflict that on your wife? Work hard, eat well, and the results will come in time.

xenadrinegirl
12-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I used Xenadrine along with proper diet and fitness and lost almost 60 lbs. It always gave me a needed boost of energy.

the key was proper diet and fitness though...I was running about 3 miles a day and eating around 1200 calories. I didn't use it as a crutch to eat junk food.

Nskrd
12-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Score some crack for her

distantarray
12-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Not a girl but my brother used stacker2 on the prime of the ephedrine days, he can't find anything like it so he gave up, anyways he's been taking my jack3d for a while 2 scoops before working out, and it's actually helped him lose a ton of weight. It just gives him a ton of energy just a good pre-workout supp helps a lot. He was 5'5 180lbs now he's down to 168 lbs which isn't too bad, he's pretty big tho he never really had luck with cutting. He's got a 52 inch chest and benches 300+ but he loves to eat XD

vandalgirl59
12-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Apples :D they have lots of caffiene ;)

JC32
12-02-2009, 05:37 AM
She will need to get on top of her diet, otherwise there isn't much she can take to help. But once she does, check out some of our LiveLong products. You can mix and match different products to create your on fat burner using only what's necessary. Let me know if I can help you create a stack to suit her personal needs. :)

Emoore
12-02-2009, 06:53 AM
I've been taking Meltdown. It definitely doesn't burn fat or anything like that, but it does help with mood, energy, and cravings when you're in a deficit.

mavrick77
12-02-2009, 09:44 AM
I am looking for some weight loss pills for my wife, she does workout with me but needs that little boost.

Her diet is not the best but I am working on making it good for her. I looked though weight loss supplements and do not know what would be safe for a women.
Thank you

weight loss pills in general are a complete waste of money..... IF, and ONLY IF, your wife has a tendency of carrying her weight in her upper outer thighs and butt would I say YOHIMBEE would be beneficial. Yohimbee can block some of the receptors in females in this area... but the dosages you will need, will not be found in weight loss pills, your going to have to buy Yohimbee HCL and give it to her in powder form.

kfisherx
12-02-2009, 10:06 AM
weight loss pills in general are a complete waste of money..... If, and only if, your wife has a tendency of carrying her weight in her upper outer thighs and butt would i say yohimbee would be beneficial. Yohimbee can block some of the receptors in females in this area... But the dosages you will need, will not be found in weight loss pills, your going to have to buy yohimbee hcl and give it to her in powder form.

^^^^ this ^^^^

c0vjek
12-02-2009, 10:59 AM
weight loss pills in general are a complete waste of money..... IF, and ONLY IF, your wife has a tendency of carrying her weight in her upper outer thighs and butt would I say YOHIMBEE would be beneficial. Yohimbee can block some of the receptors in females in this area... but the dosages you will need, will not be found in weight loss pills, your going to have to buy Yohimbee HCL and give it to her in powder form.

She gains in her thighs, love handles, and belly

I stopped her from eating all the junk stuff and cut down her calorie intake, hopefully she can lose like 10 pounds in 30 to 45 days...... she's not fat or close to it but she wants to be size 3 or 4 now she's a 6 or 7

thatgirlfit85
12-02-2009, 12:13 PM

Why not get her supplements or vitamins? I mean, most of the "weight loss" pills don't work and some can have nasty side affects. Why have her put something in her body that is unecessary, uneffective and possibly dangerous. I mean, if she really needs a "ritual" why not get her a multivitamin and water bottle. Each day she needs to attempt to consume more water and to take her mulitvitamin. Or get her a protein bar for after workouts?

Just a thought.

mavrick77
12-02-2009, 12:37 PM

I stopped her from eating all the junk stuff and cut down her calorie intake, hopefully she can lose like 10 pounds in 30 to 45 days...... she's not fat or close to it but she wants to be size 3 or 4 now she's a 6 or 7

oh hell if its from junk food, no weight loss pill, supplement, vitamin or even treadmill in the world will work. LOL

IronCitGrl
12-02-2009, 02:12 PM
As far as supps go the best are whey protein powder and creatine. The creatine is not neccessary but it will give you an energy boost and help you build muscle. Another good supplement would be coffee, espresso or caffeine pills. They also help you with energy levels especially while in a caloric deficit. Other than that a good multivitamin is all you really need.

IronCitGrl
12-02-2009, 02:16 PM

really?! I've been trying forever to try to lean out in the upper thigh area on the inside of my thighs and the outside too. I swear it will never go away! I'll look into this.

Empythree
12-02-2009, 02:25 PM

Everyone is in such a hurry, it takes time and dedication to shape your body the way you want it. While I suppose 10 lbs in a month and a half is feasible, she has to be all sorts of on top of her diet.

In fact, I would recommend she not judge herself by the scale, but by the way her clothes fit and perhaps progress photos. Female's weight fluctuates much more than men's weight. I've seen my sister get discouraged when she gained a few pounds and was eating clean for the entire week.

Oh, and superfluous use of compliments from you should help her even further. :D

KyleAaron
12-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Sad stuff all round. Harmful drugs, overly rapid weight loss, "I stopped her eating junk food" - so much for women's autonomy and good health.

Sad, sad.

Exercise, healthy but not bland diet, slow and steady change in body composition, all done with encouragement but not ordering around from spouse, much better.

juliacheh
12-03-2009, 07:33 AM
really?! I've been trying forever to try to lean out in the upper thigh area on the inside of my thighs and the outside too. I swear it will never go away! I'll look into this.

Yeah, look into the side effects of yohimbe too. Scary stuff BTW.
I was considering it, but decided I'd rather be with a fatter butt then risk compromising my health.

Mersiha
12-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah, look into the side effects of yohimbe too. Scary stuff BTW.
I was considering it, but decided I'd rather be with a fatter butt then risk compromising my health.

C*ellucor will work with proper diet and exercise.

NOVA888
12-03-2009, 01:05 PM
I stopped her from eating all the junk stuff and cut down her calorie intake...

How were you able to do this?

imperfectly_lou
12-05-2009, 12:23 PM

Too fast weight loss = it will come back on in half the time once she stops working out

ladymystique
12-15-2009, 07:37 PM

Thank you

If you want something safe and effective then go natural...so many things have extra ingredients in them that are not safe. I use to take everything and anything I could get my hands on and in the past month I put my trust in a natural pro bodybuilder and started taking cayanne pepper(heats up your body to burn fat), green tea extract(energy) with 1/2 grapefruit. dropping everything out and I have just as much energy if not more and my strength has increased...and much cheaper! Good luck.

IrkyMoto
12-19-2009, 07:46 PM
I agree with everyone that fat loss pills don't do anything w/a tight diet. However, I have found Venom Hyperdrive from **** to be really effective at appetite suppresion, which helps me keep my diet on track.

Irene