PDA

View Full Version : I am confused about calories/macros

kadieann
12-01-2009, 04:34 PM
I went to fitday.com and made a plan for myself with macros 40/40/20. I weigh 175 and am 5'8''. To maintain, I found I need about 2700. But of course, I do NOT want to maintain what I have now. Anyways, what I came up with during the course of the day is 1800 calories. Is that too small? Also, I have seen posts where they tell you to eat 1g of protein for how much you weight. I did that too thats why I stopped when I reached 175g protein. It is already a plan where I will be eating more than I normally do. The difference is eating more lean protein and less carbs. Especially the bad ones. This is the menu that I have come up with.

Breakfast: 1 Whole Wheat English Muffin, Oatmeal with one scoop whey protein.

Snack: Rice cake with 1tbls. peanut butter and a 2 oz of tuna

Lunch: 4 oz. fish/chicken and 1 cup sweet potato

Snack: 2 oz tuna and 1 tbls. peanut butter with rice cake

Dinner: 4 oz. fish/chicken and 1c. broc****

Snack: Bran flakes or plain yogurt w/ half cup berries

Before bed: whey Protein drink

This equals 1800 calories with a 40/40/20 macro.

I know that this isnt going to be my exact menu for the rest of my life, but I want to use it to train myself to eat better and kick the candy. I need structure.

I hope I am getting this right and let me know if i am NOT.

All thoughts suggestions are helpfull.

freebirdmac
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
1800-1900 cals should be about right for a 1 pound a week fat loss. The 1g of protein per pound is really 1 - 1.5g per pound of lean body mass, which is very tough to really know. So body weight works.

You plan look fine. Good luck!!

kadieann
12-01-2009, 06:23 PM
okay, thanks...

aznprincess
12-02-2009, 11:34 AM
just stick with your plan for at least two months before you start switching things up. i'm positive that if you eat at 1800 cals you will lose weight.