PDA

View Full Version : Oatmeal

Holly2710
12-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi, I really need help with food variety. I love oatmeal, but I am getting sick of oatmeal with protien powder, and cinnamon... Do you guys have any new, easy ways to make oatmeal fun again. Thanks!

eleni611
12-01-2009, 09:38 AM
I always have my protein powder on the side in a shake form because I hate the way it tastes mixed in with oatmeal. I have this every morning, I love it!...1/3 C oatmeal cooked with water. After it's done cooking I add 1/2 C mixed berries and mix it up so that the berries stay intact, but it still gets the oatmeal pink and purple. Then I sprinkle some fat free and sugar free vanilla pudding mix (the powder) on it and mix it up. It's soo good! Or I do the same thing, but use chocolate pudding mix instead of vanilla and add a little bit of cocoa powder too. It's like the oatmeal form of those dark chocolate squares with rasberry filling!

Kristinwd
12-01-2009, 09:39 AM
cream of wheat?

I think you can make oatmeal pancakes

Amanda76
12-01-2009, 10:02 AM
I like squishing banana, almond butter and cinnamon into it when serving with another protein source.

OR, shiracha and almond butter is great too. That's great served with something like tilapia.

I also use it in tuna patties (1/2 cup oats, 1 can of tuna, 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg whites, some combo of veggies cooked in a pan), egg white patties (same as tuna pattie without tuna...and fruit is good in these), protein pancakes (1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup cottage cheese...some combo of protein powder, fruit and/or nuts for flavor) and protein shakes (some combo of cottage cheese, greek yogurt, fruit, nuts, etc...based on macro needs).

woodenshoes055
12-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Have you tried Kashi oatmeal? It taste good, not bad for you, has less then 6g of sugar, and always plenty of fiber to keep you full:}

CharliC
12-01-2009, 11:17 AM
I like to eat the oats raw with protein and PB sludge- sort of like a big bowl of cereal bar.... Quick and delicious ;)

georgiehopper
12-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi, I really need help with food variety. I love oatmeal, but I am getting sick of oatmeal with protien powder, and cinnamon... Do you guys have any new, easy ways to make oatmeal fun again. Thanks!

Why not switch to steel cut oats or cream of rye or creamy oat bran. I also like to add light muscle milk to that type of thing.

genn
12-01-2009, 04:41 PM
I like to eat the oats raw with protein and PB sludge- sort of like a big bowl of cereal bar.... Quick and delicious ;)

I do this too or ( it may look weird) but I put some jello powder (cherry of strawberry) and it tastes great. You can also put some cocoa powder in it.

chopperchickie
12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
I stick peanut butter and vanilla protein powder in mine. I read on here where someone put a tablespoon of sugar free maple syrup (hmm good!) and a tablespoon of sugar free preserves (also, yummy!)

kpettitt
12-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Pumpkin is yummy in oats too! Or you can cook it and mix in Cottage cheese/fruit or greek yogurt. I don't know if the walMart near you has it- but I really enjoy Uncle Sams cereal too. Its whole wheat and has flax in it. yummy!

http://www.usmillsllc.com/usmills/search.php?brand=5

Kristinwd
12-01-2009, 07:57 PM

That sounds awesome

Holly2710
12-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I heard not to eat oats raw because they stick to your colon and can cause problems. I use to love raw oats but I quit eating it. Mixing fruit with oatmeal sounds good and the vanillla pudding mix, Im trying that one! Thanks guys

JustaGirl78
12-02-2009, 05:22 AM
I make mine with milk, grated apple and cinnamon, simmer slowly on the hob until cooked and then add in a scoop of whey and top with pecans - amazing.

emilyslowiak
12-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Sweetner + a big handful of raw nuts
Sweetner + a scoop of pb
Egg whites + cocoa powder
Make oatmeal squares
Oatmeal no bake cookies

Check out my blog for more ideas!

runner03
12-02-2009, 08:56 PM
oatmeal pancakes:
3 egg whites
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cottage cheese
cook (make sure thin in pan)
put some splenda/sugar free syrup...super good

Oatmeal w/cottage cheese
cook oatmeal, add in cottage cheese with either some almonds or natty pb...

Oatmeal bars:
oatmeal, water cooked then just add in anything..protein, nuts, raisins, cinnamon, pumpkin, splenda etc and put in baking glassware- bake in oven. this is a great way for on the go or at work..I like to put cottage cheese in mine if you can't tell I love the stuff!

Also, you can mix them with grits or egg whites....

shellabella
12-03-2009, 12:52 AM
I sometimes use my boyfriend's flavouring drops which he bought to add variety to his protein shakes. He gets them from bulk powders . com

They are artifical and I try and avoid that kind of stuff a lot of the time but thay can be really good when you are bored of cinnamon. I really like the banana one. Sometimes I will also add some almond butter because that is always delicious!

melhow25
12-03-2009, 06:57 AM

I use 1/3 cup quaker multi-grain oats with 2 tbsp of pure pumpkin, cinnamon, sprinkle of walnuts and 5 or 6 blueberries. My kids love it and is all natural.