PDA

View Full Version : New Plan

gilly88
12-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi all.
OK so I'm 5'6, 125lbs, 21yo female. About 23-24% bf i think. I am trying to lose body fat and inches, essentially.

for a long time now i've been eating an average of 1600cals/day, cycled. i am not losing on this amount even though ive been working out 3-4 times/week with weights and cardio.

for the past three weeks i;ve tried Twin Peaks' carb cycling. i found the no carb days (around 1200kcal) suprisingly easy as my appetite just died! but i havent really felt a difference in fat or inch loss (3 weeks is not a lot i know).

anyway i am going on holiday soon, over Xmas, where i wont be able to properly exercise etc but I want to have a good solid plan in place for when i return in the new year.

Is 1600kcal enough? im terrified of increasing. Also, I do not want to compete/look extremely muscley so am worried about doing too much weights and not enough cardio.
the plan i am thinking of is this:
3 x weight training/week: split into legs and back/bis and shoulders/tris and chest
3 x tae bo/week: at home Billy Blanks cardio/toning workout for 1/2 hour.
3 x Callanetics/week: pilates-style at home workout
3 x cardio/week: HIIT on two of my weight training days, + a spin class.

is that too much? i want to lean out my legs and hips especially.
as for food, i usually keep carbs low so something like 20%carbs, 50% protein, 30% fat? this equates to about 70g carbs/day which i am fine on and don't lose energy or anything.
i eat clean 85% of the time btu i know it needs to be more than that...

any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated! i want to do this right!!

JC32
12-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey Gilly,

Totally get how the holidays are for everyone. Hard to exercise, too much food temptations, stress, etc. I think given the time of year your workout plan looks ok, but I probably wouldn't be afraid to take in 200cals more (just make sure your macros are in right proportion). Here is my plan of attack: min. 4 days weight training (2 upper body, 2 lower body), 40-45min of cardio min. 3 days a week (on weight training days instead of seperate days). I know it's not "optimum", but I think it will help keep things in check. I'm also on my own Holiday "stack" of LiveLong products to help keep control of fat/appetite/stress. Here is what it looks like:

Acetyl L-Carnitine (helps with recovery/energy, build muscle, & burn fat)
Green Tea (over well-being, burn fat)
Rasberry Ketones (appetite suppressent, burn fat)
Rhodiola (helps adapt to mental/physical stresses)

I would also suggest sticking with protein shakes/bcaa's to try to fight any muscle breakdown...

gilly88
12-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Hey Gilly,

Totally get how the holidays are for everyone. Hard to exercise, too much food temptations, stress, etc. I think given the time of year your workout plan looks ok, but I probably wouldn't be afraid to take in 200cals more (just make sure your macros are in right proportion). Here is my plan of attack: min. 4 days weight training (2 upper body, 2 lower body), 40-45min of cardio min. 3 days a week (on weight training days instead of seperate days). I know it's not "optimum", but I think it will help keep things in check. I'm also on my own Holiday "stack" of LiveLong products to help keep control of fat/appetite/stress. Here is what it looks like:

Acetyl L-Carnitine (helps with recovery/energy, build muscle, & burn fat)
Green Tea (over well-being, burn fat)
Rasberry Ketones (appetite suppressent, burn fat)
Rhodiola (helps adapt to mental/physical stresses)

I would also suggest sticking with protein shakes/bcaa's to try to fight any muscle breakdown...

thanks! thats all great advice. my plan, though, was more for when i RETURN ie. in january. im not so worried about weight gain over the hols cos i do have self control, it just won't be making progress, really!

JC32
12-01-2009, 09:52 AM
thanks! thats all great advice. my plan, though, was more for when i RETURN ie. in january. im not so worried about weight gain over the hols cos i do have self control, it just won't be making progress, really!

Ooops!! Misunderstood! lol

Good luck going bck in Jan!! By then your mind and muscles should be fully recharged and ready to just kill it! :) Sometimes I have seen my best results after a break! :)

gilly88
12-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Ooops!! Misunderstood! lol

Good luck going bck in Jan!! By then your mind and muscles should be fully recharged and ready to just kill it! :) Sometimes I have seen my best results after a break! :)

no worries, thanks!
anyone else?

gilly88
12-06-2009, 05:01 AM
no worries, thanks!
anyone else?

anyone!?!?
i would really appreciate the feedback!